PDA

View Full Version : The official TST I like guns thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
With random discussions every now and then about guns i thought i would make this thread.

ADDED 7/6/2010
just so you know, there's no 'trying' to get a silencer (suppressor). pay the tax, wait for the stamp, buy the suppressor. it's easy (which is badass) :mrgreen:

here i go again with the PAFOA link (www.pafoa.org). lol. read everything. also check out paopencarry.org

it's awesome that you want to get a gun, just make sure you do LOTS of research first. if you plan on carrying, get yourself mentally ready more than anything. there is a sh*tload of information out there and it takes some digging to find it all, but it's definitely worth every second of the time you'll put into it.

getting a PA LTCF is extremely easy (in most counties). Do a search on PAFOA for your county or visit the specific county section at the bottom of the main forum page. you should be able to find the little details about how your particular county does things. in my case, i parked my car.. walked into the police station where Berks county was holding a remote LTCF day, handed the guy $25, and walked out exactly 9 minutes later with my freshly printed LTCF.

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 04:05 PM
my little saturday night special was a hand-me-down. I still haven't fired it. I'm sure it could use a cleaning and oiling of the barrel. It hasn't been fired in at least 6-7 years.

I don't even have any ammo for it, it'll take anything but .22 magnums. I'd like to get something a little bit more intimidating for carry.

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Guns are good. But should ALWAYS be kept away from kids. And me being a Ex-firefighter/emt i know the results of having a unprotected weapon in the household

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 04:07 PM
mine is in my underwear drawer. But 've got no ammo...so if anyone breaks in, they're getting a face full of metal

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 04:08 PM
i sleep with a killer ankle biter dog...that will RUIN your day

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Good start boys. Yeah a 22 will still scare someone but probably not injure them the way you want someone who is coming to kill your family injured.

C'DALERIDER
04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
i sleep with a killer ankle biter dog...that will RUIN your day

:rotfl:
i have afew. Ive rec'tly descovered french creek outfitters up the street from my house. they have an indore fireing range and a killer archery range (i dont shoot). They have a great assortment of guns! Im getting something soon. Just cant decide between the rugar blackhawk-limited they have,beautiful gun (i like revolvers alot!), another small carrying semi or another assult rifle(they have a berreta there thats sweet vs ak47).

but i barely shoot the ones i have now so i may just wait alittle while.

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Good start boys. Yeah a 22 will still scare someone but probably not injure them the way you want someone who is coming to kill your family injured.

I'd prefer to give someone brain damage than kill them. :mrgreen:

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd prefer to give someone brain damage than kill them. :mrgreen:
Well ok if you hit them in the head with a 22 yeah it may hurt but say you hit a guy in the arm with a 22. He is gonna be hurt but if he is big and angry it is not gonna put him down.

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Right now i have a glock 19 and a ruger 10/22.

SilverTurboRidin
04-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah i usually carry a rocket launcher in my trunk...keeps them pesky bastards at bay

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Well ok if you hit them in the head with a 22 yeah it may hurt but say you hit a guy in the arm with a 22. He is gonna be hurt but if he is big and angry it is not gonna put him down.

if I have to shoot someone, specially with a 22, it is not going in the arm

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 04:40 PM
if I have to shoot someone, specially with a 22, it is not going in the arm
You say that now... in the situation it is very different.

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 04:43 PM
You say that now... in the situation it is very different.

if their intent is to do harm to my family, friends, or myself. If they have a weapon, specially a gun, they're getting one in the noggin'. Specially if they are in my home, which is about the only place I can use the 22 since I do not have a license to conceal.

sesolcSTI
04-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Now that i live in NJ, i dont have anything but an Airsoft 45 and an Airsoft MP5 with a laser sight.

When i was stationed in GA guns were very easy to obtain...about 5mins. There I owned a Tauras Millenium PT911 and an Inatech 9....also known as the Tech 9. It was preban with 2 30rd clips. Cool little gun with a bonus for the intimidation factor.

From being stationed in the sticks in Georgia, im pretty knowledgeable about guns, so if anyone has any questions hit me up and ill see if i can help. :thumbup:

igo4bmx
04-13-2006, 05:18 PM
damn i should get my coworker to post in this thread lol
he has 5-6 guns..
i shot his .38 and .45 a couple weeks ago

sesolcSTI
04-13-2006, 05:22 PM
:rotfl:
i have afew. Ive rec'tly descovered french creek outfitters up the street from my house. they have an indore fireing range and a killer archery range (i dont shoot). They have a great assortment of guns! Im getting something soon. Just cant decide between the rugar blackhawk-limited they have,beautiful gun (i like revolvers alot!), another small carrying semi or another assult rifle(they have a berreta there thats sweet vs ak47).

but i barely shoot the ones i have now so i may just wait alittle while.

Go with an Ak for sure for the assault rifle! Absolutely flawless. Ive seen them kicked around in mud and picked up and fired like nothing ever happened. I also have seen a test where one was dropped from a helicopter onto pavement and picked up and fired. And the price ranges are pretty vast, so pretty much anybody can afford one. From $250-$300 for a Romanian AK. It gets progressively more expensive as you go higher quality (i.e. Egyptian (known as the Matti), Chinese, Russian). Sorry to go on and on, but to fire one of these guns is an awesome feeling, good stuff. :thumbup:

P.S. and trust me from experience...AK's are far superior to the American M-16 (AR-15) in terms of dependability. :wink:

TimmahWRX
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah i usually carry a rocket launcher in my trunk...keeps them pesky bastards at bay

It's good for road-rage situations :mrgreen:

Personally, i have a couple airsoft guns (nice AEG's) and a very nice Beeman .20cal R9...that is very accurate. Eventually, i'm looking at getting a nice handgun...probably a glock 19 or something in 9mm

2point4DSM
04-13-2006, 05:50 PM
I've got a German made air riffle. It was cool when I was in elementary school. Not sure it can even kill squirrels. My father-in-law says it just makes them jiggle a little bit before they eat up all the fruit on his trees.

markley02
04-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I must agree with the AK over an AR-15 anyday. I have a scar in my left arm from an ar-15 blowing up. My friend who owns it is actually on the boards. We need to have a TST gun meet and go to a range.

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 05:57 PM
I must agree with the AK over an AR-15 anyday. I have a scar in my left arm from an ar-15 blowing up. My friend who owns it is actually on the boards. We need to have a TST gun meet and go to a range.

my uncle has an AR-15 and is getting certified with it so he can take it in the squad car instead of the shotgun :eek:

poolmike
04-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I support strict gun control. I think all guns should be banned. Guns kill people! Guns are evil devices.

poolmike
04-13-2006, 06:25 PM
On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide between an AK-47 or AR 15 to put in the rifle mount of my Jeep when it is back on the road.

I currently don't own a gun, simply because I would use it on every idiot I see. = lots o' dead people.

Scapegoat
04-13-2006, 06:26 PM
On a more serious note, I'm trying to decide between an AK-47 or AR 15 to put in the rifle mount of my Jeep when it is back on the road.

I currently don't own a gun, simply because I would use it on every idiot I see. = lots o' dead people.

that keeps me from having a license to kil...um...to conceal...

S4toSTI
04-13-2006, 06:32 PM
You aren't allowed to conceal rifles.

sesolcSTI
04-13-2006, 06:48 PM

Yeah, i think they are junk. They jam and try to double feed quite often. Way over priced as well (for a "quality" one). You could always get an HK assault rifle if you want quality, better bring the check book with you though.

Check out gunsamerica.com (if it still exists, havent been there for a few years), its like the ebay of the gun world. If you want it, its on there. Pretty cool site to kill a few hours on. :thumbup:

Raven18940
04-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Dependability is a moot point in the AR versus AK debate. We aren't storming some remote hide out in the desert, it doesn't have to work every time you pull the trigger. The AR is a far superior weapon in terms of accuracy. The said however, get an AK, they're just so much more fun to shoot. I put 20 rounds through one once and wanted more. On the flip side I've put probably hundreds of rounds through various AR's and don't feel terribly inclined to pick up another one.

But if you really want to shoot something awesome, you need to get a true .30 cal. The power is just incredible, not only does it kick like a mofo but your whole body gets hits by a shockwave of energy from the muzzle. It actually makes your teeth rattle, dead serious.

bluengoldsti
04-13-2006, 09:04 PM
i have an m4 le edition (ar-15), a glock .45, and usp 40. i think the m4 is much more fun to shoot than the ak (my friend has 3 and 32 other various weapons). i have put about 500 rounds through mine with no problems. the ak is cool for the intimidation factor tho and is loud as hell. im starting to get into wwII weapons and want to get an m1. if you guys do have a shooting meet, classic pistol in southampton/feasterville has a nice indoor range.

slavetothemuzic
04-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Currently I only have an H&K USP .40 Compact. The .40 sports 12rd mags full of hollow points, unless I take it target shooting.

Next gun show, I'm picking up either an M-4 6.68mm (civilian version of course), or a Remington 700, then do the conversion to an M-24.

teh DIRT
04-13-2006, 09:10 PM
i have 2 uzi's......they mess bitches up!

actually they knock over tress....haha

slavetothemuzic
04-13-2006, 09:17 PM
I would go with the AR. Colt if you can afford it.

I carried some variant of the Colt M-16 for nearly 11 years (except for a short time when I carried an M-60 or an M-249), and I can tell you that it's an excellent weapon. It's durable, reliable and extremely accurate. It's also very well designed for things like rapid magazine changes, etc.

WRXD
04-13-2006, 09:20 PM
I have a Springfield XD-9---IMO the best caliber for a person who wants to learn sport shooting as well as have some home/self protection if ever needed. No..its not a .45 1911---but it will put someone down after I empty 17rds into center mass. This is a great gun for beginners too-- basically Coke:Pepsi = Glock 17:Springfield XD-9

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/WRXD/SlideClosed.jpg

This gun is very accurate out of the box---here is a target I shot at 25 yards the FIRST time I ever shot this gun with zero stance/aim training.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/WRXD/target.jpg

Raven18940
04-13-2006, 09:26 PM
im starting to get into wwII weapons and want to get an m1.
WWII had proper big calibers, the m1 is awesome. The best WWII gun I ever fired (besides a 1911) was a British Enfield no 4. in .303. It had the best bolt of any gun i've ever fired (the firing pin reset on close rather than open like most guns, soooooo smooth) and sights that were way of it's time. The cheapest was a Mosin Nagant M44, bought for about 100 this had a crappy straight bolt handle and kicked like a horse, but I still liked it.

bluengoldsti
04-13-2006, 09:30 PM
my friend has a couple wwII rifles (i cant remember what kinds) that i love to shoot. unfortunately he doesnt like to clean them, so he doesnt bring them out too often. if i can find one that i can afford, ill definitely be getting the m1 next.

Raven18940
04-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I have a Springfield XD-9---IMO the best caliber for a person who wants to learn sport shooting as well as have some home/self protection if ever needed. No..its not a .45 1911---but it will put someone down after I empty 17rds into center mass. This is a great gun for beginners too-- basically Coke:Pepsi = Glock 17:Springfield XD-9

This gun is very accurate out of the box---here is a target I shot at 25 yards the FIRST time I ever shot this gun with zero stance/aim training.
Looks like one get away from you there, were on the bench or standing?

redline
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Member at Ft. Dix rod and gun, I'm down for firing a few rounds. I think Ill keep the M-16 for accuracy and velocity, Most malfunctions are from not keeping it cleaned and well oiled. Fired a custom AR-15 at the club (special forces) and it was flawless.

alachua
04-13-2006, 09:46 PM
Damn, this thread took off while i was at the range.

I have a Ruger 10/22 composite stock with blued barrell. I also rock an XD-9

http://home.ptd.net/~cmdavis/images/tst/my_gun.jpg

For all those debating on an AK vs. AR, take into consideration a few things. The AK is fun to shoot, but definatly has a bit more kick, typically my shoulder will be black and blue after a few hundred rounds. A 7.62 is technically 30 caliber (7.62mm = .3"), but there is also the option of an FN Fal, which fires a 7.62 Nato (.308 winchester) round, vs a 7.62x39 ak round. When you start getting into AK's that have all the neat features, or of higher quality, you are approaching AR cost levals.

Both the Fal and the AR can be assembled from parts kits cheaper than they can be bought as a full rifle, giving you the option to spec the gun out to best suit your needs and style. I am most likly going to build and AR using a 20" barrell, floating front, flat top, with colapseable stock soon.

-Cliff

bluengoldsti
04-13-2006, 09:53 PM
For all those debating on an AK vs. AR, take into consideration a few things. The AR is fun to shoot, but definatly has a bit more kick, typically my shoulder will be black and blue after a few hundred rounds. A 7.62 is technically 30 caliber (7.62mm = .3"), but there is also the option of an FN Fal, which fires a 7.62 Nato (.308 winchester) round, vs a 7.62x39 ak round.

-Cliff

my ar is only a .223 (5.56 mm) and has very little kick at all. much less than the ak's that i have shot.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/bluengoldsti/M4.jpg

WRXD
04-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Looks like one get away from you there, were on the bench or standing?

standing---thats the obligitory 'flier'---most people cover that up with the quarter or their thumb when they take the picture. But hey, im a purist. :supz:

my cool 'gun pron' shot
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/WRXD/DSCN0922.jpg

CoaSTI
04-13-2006, 11:55 PM
I used to be a member of this shooting organization called uspsa (United States Practical Shooting Association). It was pretty cool, you would run around a course shooting at various paper and steel targets. Some would move, some wouldn't. It would be held at various ranges in the area on the weekends, each range would have a match once a month. You need about 4 or 5 magizines, an approved holester, about 200 rounds and about 30 bucks. Fun as h*ll, I'll be joining again when I get stationed back up north. I think the website is USPSA.org, check it out.

Oh by the way Glock 23 for shooting matches, Glock 26 or S&W .357 ultralite for carry (in PA). :banana:

dolphinS4
04-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Who's up for TST meet at CP Pistol?
Awesome range with tons of fun rentals.
Guns are good.

alachua
04-14-2006, 12:42 AM
my ar is only a .223 (5.56 mm) and has very little kick at all. much less than the ak's that i have shot.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/bluengoldsti/M4.jpg

you got me...i meant the AK has a lot of kick due to the larger 7.62 round, vs the 5.56 round of an AR. D'oh.

-Cliff

awdlaserbeam
04-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Remington 700 270 WSM with nikon buckmaster 4-12x50 scope. SHoots fairly flat, low kick, and does a little bit of damage.

sesolcSTI
04-14-2006, 05:41 AM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/WRXD/SlideClosed.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/WRXD/target.jpg

Man o man, i forgot all about the Springfields, awesome guns! Very nice shooting! If i get another handgun (which is doubtful while i live in New Jersey) i am definitely goin to be looking for something in the Sig Sauer department, i have always been in love with their handguns. :thumbup:

BradC
04-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Add one more to the XD-9 crew here. I have had mine for about 2 years now I guess. I love it, shoots great! The only handgun I have shot that I wanted over mine was my friends .45 USP Tactical....but they are f'in money!

max2k1
04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
I just ordered a Taurus 24/7-45SSP-12. Just waiting for it to come in.
http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_247-45SSP-10.jpg

Broken5hift
04-14-2006, 09:39 AM
I just ordered a Taurus 24/7-45SSP-12. Just waiting for it to come in.
http://www.taurususa.com/imagesMain/H_247-45SSP-10.jpg

LMAO. mikes shop make you nervous?

S4toSTI
04-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I am not big on taurus' i kind of heard they are crap.
Who's up for TST meet at CP Pistol?
Awesome range with tons of fun rentals.
Guns are good.
I am definately down, though an outdoor range may be better.

It seems i am the only glock guy... hmmm i guess i am just the oinly lazy gun owner here thats all.

max2k1
04-14-2006, 10:48 AM
LMAO. mikes shop make you nervous?
No its just for a quick exit when you find me in bed with Laura :eek:

Barry I was a glock guy. My friend has a Glock 22 and thats what I was gonna get. But my other friend got the Taurus, and after I shot that. It felt like it was more of the right gun for me. I will more than likely pick up a Glock 22 as a second gun. But as for the Taurus being crap
http://www.taurususa.com/main/images/webhomepage_001.jpg

S4toSTI
04-14-2006, 10:52 AM
If i believed everything the NRA said well i would be in kentucky with a beer belly a 12 gauge on the porch only drink budwater(saying that bud is crap) and only watch nascar and church on tv.

max2k1
04-14-2006, 11:08 AM
If i believed everything the NRA said well i would be in kentucky with a beer belly a 12 gauge on the porch only drink budwater(saying that bud is crap) and only watch nascar and church on tv.
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....but I have talked to a bunch of different gun owners and gun store owners and they all tell me that its a great gun.

hummerman88
04-14-2006, 12:06 PM
i own a 38 special, 356 remington, and 22marlin. im deff up for a TST meet at the range!

S4toSTI
04-14-2006, 12:08 PM
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....but I have talked to a bunch of different gun owners and gun store owners and they all tell me that its a great gun.
I am not saying that that model specifically is bad but overal i have heard not so great things about taurus quality thats all. If you like to shoot it and you can shoot it well then thats all that matters.

sesolcSTI
04-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Im not a glock lover myself. I think they are way too overrated. Good guns, but they are like the Fall out boy of guns, everybody loves them. So many more quality guns out there...i.e. Sig, Springfield, HK. Just my .02....if you dig, then good for you! :mrgreen:

TimmahWRX
04-14-2006, 12:58 PM
A "TST shooting meet" would be awesome. outside, sweet cars, inside, good quality shooting

S4toSTI
04-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Im not a glock lover myself. I think they are way too overrated. Good guns, but they are like the Fall out boy of guns, everybody loves them. So many more quality guns out there...i.e. Sig, Springfield, HK. Just my .02....if you dig, then good for you! :mrgreen:
I am just saying if they are good enough for law enforcement they are good enough for me. Knowing they will always shoot is a very good thing.

slavetothemuzic
04-14-2006, 06:05 PM
I am just saying if they are good enough for law enforcement they are good enough for me.
Eh...I demand a little more than that. That's why I go for the weapons used by the military special operations community. H&K, Sig, etc.

wonner
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/momo215/Hammers2.jpg

My roommates collection

Crzyguy972
04-14-2006, 06:22 PM
^^^^^^which house are u so i no not to come neer

TimmahWRX
04-14-2006, 08:00 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/momo215/Hammers2.jpg

My roommates collection

that's quite the fun collection!

awdlaserbeam
04-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Relative has a glock 27. Awesome gun, no complaints. Day i turn 21 i am buying one, thats the only reason i dont have one now

wonner
04-15-2006, 08:18 AM
that's quite the fun collection!
I should have elaborated ...it my 2 roomates and my freinds collection.
But I love shooting them all. My fav though is my buddies Mac 10....what a blast :mrgreen: .http://www.theforumlounge.com/d/9889-2/joe3.jpg
http://www.theforumlounge.com/d/9886-2/joe2.jpg
http://www.theforumlounge.com/d/9892-2/joe4.jpg

Chair-Force
04-15-2006, 03:49 PM
I like guns but I'm getting sick of them being here.
I carry my Colt M4 and Beretta M9 here everyday which requires hauling around 7 magazines (30 rds each) of 5.56 and 2 clips (15 rds each) of 9mm.

the mike
04-15-2006, 08:40 PM
I am so down for a TST range night.

I picked up a CZ75 P-01 about a year ago and have yet to put a round through it. Everyone says "sure we'll go to the range", but never does.
The CZ is a Czech handgun that the Czech police carry. It got very good reviews. My only complaint is the small caliber, 9mm. I had planned on teaching the girl to shot, but that fell by the wayside.
Next one is bigger, possibly a 1911 in .45ACP or just because they are cannons, a DE .50. Muzzle flash on them is WICKED! Plus I can blow my shoulders out of their sockets and collect disability. :devil:

Great gun site: http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

All you SOCOM players can find any gun in the game there.

Mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/themike/CopyofDSCF0391.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/themike/DSCF0390.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/themike/0ceb4111.jpg

oh and shhhh, but I have a 15rd clip too. :eek:

alachua
04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
I am so down for a TST range night.

I picked up a CZ75 P-01 about a year ago and have yet to put a round through it. Everyone says "sure we'll go to the range", but never does.
The CZ is a Czech handgun that the Czech police carry. It got very good reviews. My only complaint is the small caliber, 9mm. I had planned on teaching the girl to shot, but that fell by the wayside.
Next one is bigger, possibly a 1911 in .45ACP or just because they are cannons, a DE .50. Muzzle flash on them is WICKED! Plus I can blow my shoulders out of their sockets and collect disability. :devil:

oh and shhhh, but I have a 15rd clip too. :eek:

15 round magazines are completely legal, the assault weapons ban that made them illegal ended almost 2 years go.

.45's are nice, a Springfield GI edition is a good reliable firearm that won't set you back a ton. As for the hand cannons...they are great, until you have to buy rounds to put through them...then they tend to not get used. There is nothing wrong with a 9mm for home defense, I keep 10 rounds of Black Tallons in my magazine, ready to go. The size of the bullet only matters if you hit the target, and the only way to be sure you will do that is to shoot all the time. Plus buying 100 rounds of 9mm for $11 from Wally World is a nice convenience, since there is one between my house and the range, across the street from the Quizno's.

As for shooting, any time you guys want to roll up, I live about 5 miles from an out door range, but it isn't really geared for pistol. Though, I personally have been shooting pistol less lately, my eyes make it too hard (my right eye is very poor, and I am right handed).

-Cliff

the mike
04-15-2006, 09:14 PM
In NJ? I was under the impression that I was not allowed to own it...?

alachua
04-15-2006, 11:29 PM
In NJ? I was under the impression that I was not allowed to own it...?

As best as I can find (packing.org is down for me), NJ allows magazines up to 15 rounds.

-Cliff

alachua
04-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Go here:

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=197768

-Cliff

S4toSTI
04-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Thats awosme.

the mike
04-16-2006, 01:45 PM
15 rd clips are legal in NJ, just not NY.

WRXD
04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I am not saying that that model specifically is bad but overal i have heard not so great things about taurus quality thats all. If you like to shoot it and you can shoot it well then thats all that matters.

Ive read about this on many handgun forums, because a lot of people feel thes same way about Taurus' semi-autos. Its really a fallacy though- Taurus did have a problem with their first batches of the milenium pro line, but they fixed the problem and replaced all of the affected guns. Since then they have had this stigma as being 'crappy' or cheaply made handguns. They havent had any more documented problems than any other manufacturer since then. Reguardless, if you go into a gun shop 90% of the time the dealer will tell you not to buy taurus just stigma they have (also they just happen to be more competitively priced).

slavetothemuzic
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Ive read about this on many handgun forums, because a lot of people feel thes same way about Taurus' semi-autos.

Also depends on what you're using the gun for. If it's being purchased for target shooting/fun only, then sure, save some cash and go with that.

If it's for home defense, are your families lives worth saving a few bucks?

Just another way to look at it when considering the quality vs price debate and making your decision between firearms.

raceMpower95
09-02-2006, 06:51 PM
What do you guys think of the Walther P99? I've always thought it was by far the most ergonomical handgun, and the most comfortable to hold and shoot, but I don't know much about them. IE: reliability, durability, accuracy, etc...

Drftpretty
09-02-2006, 06:59 PM
The guys who went to the freshworks meet saw a pic of my ex firing my AK47 at my birthday party last year on full auto.

2 feet of flames + a 105lb. girl + 50 round bananna clip= a good wall paper on my cell :)

Dave
09-02-2006, 07:17 PM
anyone else own a FN FiveseveN? as for the ak vs colt debate id FAR rather carry an ak over here for the reliability alone, plus they are accurate to 300m whichis all you need anyway. OR you can spend a buttload of money and mod the colt till its actually worth something.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0111.jpg

of course if the army'd let me have my way i'd say F you both and bring my M14
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN9761.jpg

Aww my SKS wants to be a Dragunov when it grows up!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN9833.jpg

Prize of my collection, The Mateba 6 unica Autovolver .44mag. Togusa eat your heart out
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0241.jpg

Raven18940
09-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Prize of my collection, The Mateba 6 unica Autovolver .44mag. Togusa eat your heart out
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0241.jpg
Seen Ghost in the Shell, eh? Awesome gun there.

And how unreliable are the M16's? :(

the mike
09-02-2006, 07:48 PM
My next one might be a F57. I think I want a bigger caliber though.

Dave
09-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Seen Ghost in the Shell, eh? Awesome gun there.

And how unreliable are the M16's? :(

Black rifles have a number of faults

#1 it has an open gas system instead of a proper pushrod system, this means that all the carbon and heat from firing are sent back down the gas tube and into the action. bottomline: the rifle overheats and gets dirty faster

#2 Magazines, all but one manufacturer (HK) make cheap, ****ty, thin metal magazines with an easily flippable plastic follower. these are easily bent and very often cause feeding problems. sometimes jamming a round between the bolt and the charging handle OR if the lips themselves are bent it might just empty all thirty rounds into the mag well. HK mags for comparison, are made of thick heavy metal with an all metal UN-flipable follower, teflon and marine coated

#3 controls, the charger is in the back, requiring you to pull the weapon from your shoulder. also the bolt release is on the high left side and MUST be hit with the left hand

#4 Firing pin, the pin is made of steel and taps the back of the round every time you let the bolt forward. 10-15 taps and the rifle fires. no trigger pull required.

should have been replaced a LONG time ago, and its a crying shame that the far superior G-36 based M8 rifle was rejected by the regular army based on a corperate "complaint" at least the spec ops guys get the FN SCAR

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0111.jpg
notice from my carbine, hk mag, extended bolt release/ charger handle, ak-74 muzzle brake (i removed the burst bar for automatic firing), you cant see it but i also have a light titanium firing pin. nothing i can do about the open gas system without a LOT of money. if i could get the army to foot the bill i'd take a shrike upper and call it a day

bms231
10-29-2006, 02:08 AM
sweet... a firearm thread on TST too. here is what i have so far..

It took 4 cans of brake cleaner and about 6 hours of work to get all the friggin packaging grease out of this damn gun. here it is.....yugo sks w/ grenade launcher... for when u want to rain fire on ricers

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1822.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1823.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1824.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1825.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1827.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1830.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sks/DSCF1831.jpg

and after i order a new stock.... here is what it will be.....

http://www.ammobros.com/images/Img17.gif

and my Sig Sauer SP2022 .40S&W w/ the 357 barel soon to come once i get more money.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sig/DSCF1359.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sig/DSCF1358.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b181/bms231/sig/DSCF1389.jpg

BradC
10-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Ohh...I love sigs. How's she shoot?

bms231
10-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Ohh...I love sigs. How's she shoot?

i had an P225 for 10 years and friggin loved it. the sp2022 is sig through and through. only firearms i know of you can go into a store and buy just on trusting the brand name. she has night sites too. so far the past three times i have been to the range she has been really accurate and the trigger is smooth. i just have one complaint.... the mag release is not recessed and has no protection around it. also, only a light push will drop the mag. so, when you go to quick fire and your fighting kick back, your thumb has a tendency to drop the mag which then jams a round in an odd position and locks the slide back jamming the firearm. it was easily resolved by changing the mag release to the right side of the firearm so now i just release with my right middle finger easily. problem solved, i am happy yet again. the light weight frame is friggin sweeeeeeeeet.

Dave
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Yugos are sweet, we used to sell them for about $130 when i start collecting again i think i need to get one.

Hey mike, when i get back for good we can put together a tst range night. I have a .357 SAA that needs its cherry popped :)

bms231
10-29-2006, 01:42 PM
are there any rifle ranges around west chester? being december, we would probably have to do indoor as it will be colder than balls outside. that means 25yard targets... booo. unless anyone knows of anything better. the only range i really know of in that area for pistol is Target Masters down right across the deleware border.

antlip
10-29-2006, 02:00 PM
thanks after reading most of the trend i fee like an army base. in my house theres 4 hand guns and about 10 shot guns not to mention the 3 bee bee guns (1 being a co2 hand gun) lol and 1 bow.

Dave
10-29-2006, 02:33 PM

not done yet ;) that bolt comes apart too

den9
10-29-2006, 04:02 PM
just picked up a used browning citori skeet gun
12 gauge and kicks like a .22

any1 here shoot skeet at wicens farm?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/LBCsublime9/browning/DSC_0029.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/LBCsublime9/browning/DSC_0027.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/LBCsublime9/browning/DSC_0025.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/LBCsublime9/browning/DSC_0019.jpg

den9
10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
heres a pic of my 10 gauge single shot turkey gun. 3 1/2 inch mag. kicks like a canon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/LBCsublime9/browning/MVC-009F.jpg

bms231
10-29-2006, 07:54 PM

not done yet ;) that bolt comes apart too

haha o yea i know. the complete trigger assemble comes apart too. i want to remove the damn firing pin but cant get it out for the life of me. i tapped on it w/ a hammer (the side pin) to see if i could get it out but the last thing i wanna do is lock the damn thing into place and then cause slam fire.

ITSTOCK
10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I love guns! I'm trying to decide on what to add next...(I also have 2 hunting rifles, 30/30 and 30.06). I've got a couple of idea's, just not sure.

At any rate, I introduce two of my very good friends...(shiny guns suck)

Benelli Nova
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1723/benelli1oa2.jpg

Glock 26 with Lasermax

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2947/laser140sj.jpg
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/7806/laser156so.jpg

den9
10-30-2006, 04:38 AM
any skeet/trap/clay shooters?

bms231
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM
so here is my question.... how many of u r licensed to carry and how many of u carry to meets? i carry to all ohio meets b/c this place is just friggin ghetto.

DoubleOughtCel
01-29-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm bumping this for 2 reasons.

1. I'm about to get my CCW and want to get some opinions on what I should get as a carry weapon.

2. We all love guns!

So yea, I have a S&W .40 already but I want to get something smaller for when I get my CCW.

I was looking at a S&W M&P Compact in 9mm
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=51901&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=15711&isFirearm=Y

And I also like this Sig P232 Only thing is Boo to .380ACP
http://sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=10&productid=68

The price is the same for both, but I think I like the S&W better as far as styling goes. I looked back a few posts at the older stuff and saw ITSSTOCK has the Glock26. How do you like the feel of it? And how was the price? Thanks.

ozthunder
01-29-2007, 01:04 AM
As soon as I turn 21 im gonna buy me a 44 magnum.

DoubleOughtCel
01-29-2007, 01:06 AM

Why wait until you turn 21?

I was at the range the other night and the dude in the lane next to me had one. The ****ing thing was powerful. My range has those drop tile type ceilings, and the tiles above this guy were jumping everytime he fired it. The ammo looked like shotgun shells! :jawdrop:

ITSTOCK
01-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I looked back a few posts at the older stuff and saw ITSSTOCK has the Glock26. How do you like the feel of it? And how was the price? Thanks.

I LOVE IT. I shoot it better than full size guns :eek: I can't think of a better gun that's comparable in price/size. I use the word I strongly because with the PINKY EXTENSION (an absolute MUST) it's the most comfortable gun that I have felt, as well as (by FAR) the most accurate compact (and it's a sub compact to boot). However, my brothers hand is just a tad bit bigger than mine and fines the gun horribly uncomfortable. I paid $420 cash deal for it at the dealer, only had 50 rounds through it, than bought a bunch of extra mags and a couple extra pinky extensions. I than got the Lasermax, so I have about $800 in to a gun that I absolutely love for carry and/or self/home defense.

For you "new" hand gun buyers, RENT/BORROW THE GUNS THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. I made a list of 15 guns that I was interested in, rented and/or borrowed ALL of them, took notes of which ones I liked/disliked, went back and kept narrowing my list.

BTW, for the Springfield sub XD-9, it jammed on me on the 6th round that I fired it, and 3 more times after within 50 shots. It was the first gun that I rented and needless to say, left a VERY sour taste in my mouth. I now have WAY over 1500 rounds through my G26 without a single failure.

DoubleOughtCel
01-29-2007, 01:11 AM
I LOVE IT. I shoot it better than full size guns :eek: I can't think of a better gun that's comparable in price/size. I use the work I strongly because with the PINKY EXTENSION (an absolute MUST) it's the most comfortable gun that I have felt, as well as (by FAR) the most accurate compact (and it's a sub compact to boot). However, my brothers hand is just a tad bit bigger than mine and fines the gun horribly uncomfortable. I paid $420 cash deal for it at the dealer, only had 50 rounds through it, than bought a bunch of extra mags and a couple extra pinky extensions. I than got the Lasermax, so I have about $800 in to a gun that I absolutely love for carry and/or self/home defense.

Well, I have small hands haha. I'd heard before from someone else that the pink extensions are just about neccessary. Not like I'd just order or go and buy one before I at least got a decent grip on it, but some opinions are a nice start.

G1GSX
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
i have an SW 99 .40 cal might pick up a glock 18 next

ITSTOCK
01-29-2007, 01:16 AM
might pick up a glock 18 next

How are you going to swing that one??? :screwy: Good luck! There are ZERO transferable G18's in circulation.

G1GSX
01-29-2007, 01:20 AM
ment 17 hit the wrong key lol

DoubleOughtCel
01-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Haha, I was gonna say.

Don't want to sound like a noob, but is the Glock 18 real? I know its not on the Glock website. Only reason I ask is because I know its in the newest Rainbow 6 game, but that doesn't make it a real gun.

^^^Don't flame, haha^^^

ITSTOCK
01-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Yes, it's very real, just not to the civilian market. Do a youtube search, there are some badass videos.

ment 17 hit the wrong key lol

Gotcha. This was the first gun that I have shot (my old man's gun). I loved it and would have bought it if I didn't want the smaller 26.

DoubleOughtCel
01-29-2007, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=ITSTOCK;437783]Yes, it's very real, just not to the civilian market. Do a youtube search, there are some badass videos.

[\QUOTE]

Haha, ok. I can understand why, seeing as its full-auto and all. Still a BAMF.

EDIT: HOLY F! This is the first video on youtube for the glock18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyB0M6wAV8

G1GSX
01-29-2007, 01:35 AM
i love my SW99

bms231
02-25-2007, 01:55 AM
well, along w/ my SP2022 and sks..... i just went out and got a bersa thunder 380 CC series firearm. haven't shot it yet. i looked long and hard for a good pocket weapon. this was it. everything i have heard from bersa owners is fantastic. i cant wait to go shooting next weekend. ammo is so damn expensive. it just went up. 100 packs of .40 went from 17 bux to 26 bux. aaargh.

ITSTOCK
02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Guns are stupid.

Gun meet soon?

Dave
02-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Gun meet would rock

get a Metaba, they can be found from time to time on gunbroker. nothing like an automatic .44 mag. its an absolute beast

Dave
02-25-2007, 11:55 AM
my birthday present to myself: Baikal IZH-35
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/pix310522908.jpg

also got bored today in teh sniper shack so i took some time to lay out the design for a ar-bullpup conversion kit that ive been talking about forever
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0789.jpg

ITSTOCK
02-25-2007, 12:49 PM
lol, both of them are some funky looking items!

The metal rod on the bullpup seems like it might get in the way though, needs some re-engineering.

Dave
02-25-2007, 01:44 PM
lol, both of them are some funky looking items!

The metal rod on the bullpup seems like it might get in the way though, needs some re-engineering.

yeah, I need to re-draw the front trigger as a straight pull style instead of a pivot. that way i'll be able to move the pushrod in tighter to the handguard then i'll have it "Z" down to the real trigger underneath the rear enclosure

sj2000stratus
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
My black 44 mag and the chrome MADE IN 200th YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY 45 mag super blackhawk:mrgreen:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/LLSJO7RT/P9020045_edited.jpg

ScubaSteve
02-25-2007, 03:14 PM
The only guns I have are rifles. A 308 and two 35's. Only the one 35 is actually mine, the other two are my dads. I only use it to hunt but when I get some extra money one day (thats not going to a motor) I'll look into getting something a little more fun to shoot.

DoubleOughtCel
02-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Guns are stupid.

Gun meet soon?

Count me in for this one

redline
02-25-2007, 04:48 PM
My black 44 mag and the chrome 45:mrgreen:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/LLSJO7RT/P9020045_edited.jpg

Old School! I love em.

ITSTOCK
02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I just got back from Classic Pistol, and from testing my theory.

Yep, Wolf ammo gets you high after a couple hundred rounds.

Dave
02-25-2007, 05:17 PM
hehe i love wolf, cheap, accurate, and powerful. just dirty as all hell

WKderF
02-25-2007, 05:18 PM
so lets set up a gun meet. Ill take charge of this if nobody else wants to volunteer. I think classic may be a bit pricey so im gonna look into other ranges in the area that may be group friendly. ill start a new thread in upcomming events.

ITSTOCK
02-25-2007, 05:34 PM
so lets set up a gun meet. Ill take charge of this if nobody else wants to volunteer. I think classic may be a but pricey so im gonna look into other ranges in the area that may be group friendly. ill start a new thread in upcomming events.

The problem is that Classic is one of the few that allows you to shoot most kinds of guns, mainly including rifles. Also, they are all right around the same price.

hehe i love wolf, cheap, accurate, and powerful. just dirty as all hell

It's REALLY dirty. I just don't like the accuracy of it, although it's close enough for the price. I shot 60rounds of federal mixed in with the wolf today, and the federal is DEFINITELY more accurate, and mainly, more consistent. With that said, I have to order some more Wolf (though I still don't like that it makes me feel like I just drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and I can't group it as tight as better ammo).

WKderF
02-25-2007, 05:38 PM
there are a few ranges out there that alow for a wide variety of gun use. I have started a gun meet thread in upcomming events & will look into a range to suit our needs. if classic is the only one - so be it.

WKderF
02-25-2007, 05:45 PM
link to the gun meet thread:

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29073

DoubleOughtCel
03-31-2007, 02:33 PM
Just picked this up at the Armory show off of Roosevelt Blvd.

Springfield Armory XD-9 Subcompact

Standard Clip
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/maverick6188/100_1121.jpg

Extended clip
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/maverick6188/100_1122.jpg

Theres actually a really funny story behind this purchase also. Check in off-topic soon for the write up.

bms231
05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
so i just had a meet down in columbus ohio. i think people know i am licensed. well, we were going to a state park for a meet and another tibby buddy of mine brought his stuff. between the two is we had 3 handguns, an ar-15, and a yugo sks. o so classic. we pulled up to a 3gen mitsu meet going on at the part and took all of our stuff out of our trunks and were dropping magazines and clearing chambers and sighting rifles. o man it was fun. stupid. but fun.

on a side note, i almost bought a mac 10 w. silencer w/ baffles removed. 410 bux, shot about 50 times. i regret not doing it.

o yea, i got pulled over on my way back from the car meet. had my .40 on my side. state trooper. awesome. i was in a rental car and rolled down the driver's side window and he came to the passenger. i had my hands gripping the wheel so he wouldnt draw his weapon on me and i just looked at him and he tapped the window. i didnt want to remove my hands. so i just looked at him, slowly unlocked the door, and put my hands back on the wheel. in the end he didnt care after he checked my license. he was a lil more pissed i was doing 89 in a 65.

redline
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I love guns! I got my first gun for christmas when I was 12. It was an H&R 12 Guage sngle-shot with a red bow on it. Thanks mom. Since then it has been turned into a "shorter" version. I am also in the market for a 45/70 rifle, any advice?

ITSTOCK
07-10-2007, 05:41 PM
So are we ever going to have a meet?? I got a membership at Classic Pistol a couple months ago, and have been there about 20 times since. The only downside (and I don't buy from classic) is that ammo is getting outrageous right now, and 2 shops won't sell me the ammo that I run through my ps90.

Also, the reason for the TTT is, does anyone know where I can find a Tromix Saiga 12???

Chair-Force
07-10-2007, 06:08 PM
So are we ever going to have a meet?? I got a membership at Classic Pistol a couple months ago, and have been there about 20 times since. The only downside (and I don't buy from classic) is that ammo is getting outrageous right now, and 2 shops won't sell me the ammo that I run through my ps90.

Also, the reason for the TTT is, does anyone know where I can find a Tromix Saiga 12???

lol I've been to Classic Pistol about 5 times in the last two weeks. We use their indoor range to qualify people last minute before their deployment. I bought a Sig P220 45ACP from them last week. Nick, the owner, was very cool and hooked me up with good deal on the sig, holster and ammo. Police discount baby! I was gonna get the Springfield XD compact or a compact Glock (was looking for a compact for conceal carry) but they didnt feel right in my hand. The Sig is awesome and well worth the high price.
I used to shoot paper at Target World, their employees were rude and snobby if you weren't a Marine at one point in your life. I ended up having an arguement with some youngbuck, wannabe Marine that worked there and haven't been back there since.

ITSTOCK
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
I used to shoot paper at Target World, their employees were rude and snobby

Funny, I stopped going there for the same reason, as well as about 10 of my friends. Rude and snobby is an understatement. They were complete dicks over there. Too many pissed off stories to explain. (personally and from friends)

Everyone at classic is cool (the young kid can be a moron though, doesn't really know what the hell he's talking about and shouldn't even be behind the counter).

DoubleOughtCel
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea, I haven't been to CP in a few months. I'd like to get back up there soon and start working on my accuracy again so I'm not so far behind when I start the academy next month :o

Chair-Force
07-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Funny, I stopped going there for the same reason, as well as about 10 of my friends. Rude and snobby is an understatement. They were complete dicks over there. Too many pissed off stories to explain. (personally and from friends)

Everyone at classic is cool (the young kid can be a moron though, doesn't really know what the hell he's talking about and shouldn't even be behind the counter).

The kid with the mohawk or something and black military cargo pants? Yeah he is a bit gung-ho. Myself and a couple of my guys were their last week rezero'ing our M4's. We had to use a crowbar to pry him off our sack. I understand he is interested in our modded rifles but dont bother us when we are firing. The owner, Nick, did broom him away from us so its all good.

S4toSTI
07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
One with his head shaved?

ITSTOCK
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
The kid with the mohawk or something and black military cargo pants? Yeah he is a bit gung-ho. Myself and a couple of my guys were their last week rezero'ing our M4's. We had to use a crowbar to pry him off our sack. I understand he is interested in our modded rifles but dont bother us when we are firing. The owner, Nick, did broom him away from us so its all good.

I actually think he's a cool guy, it's the real young kid, probably 18-21, shaved/real short hair who doesn't know anything. The guy you are talking about is actually pretty knowledgeable and gives killer deals.

One with his head shaved?

YEPPERS! That's him.

And I think I found my Tromix Saiga 12, the guy lives in florida, willing to ship, and used to live almost exactly where I do right now.

Chair-Force
07-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I actually think he's a cool guy, it's the real young kid, probably 18-21, shaved/real short hair who doesn't know anything. The guy you are talking about is actually pretty knowledgeable and gives killer deals.

YEPPERS! That's him.

I think I know who you're talking about. For some reason I remember him wearing glasses?

Never talked to him.

ITSTOCK
07-10-2007, 07:24 PM
I think I know who you're talking about. For some reason I remember him wearing glasses?

Never talked to him.

The kid with the glasses is the same kid, don't bother talking to him about guns or prices :mrgreen:

S4toSTI
07-10-2007, 07:26 PM
The kid with the glasses is the same kid, don't bother talking to him about guns or prices :mrgreen:
Yeah he is kinda annoing i never have had a problem with him but the price is the price to him. I try to deal with the guy who looks like he is in his mid 30's skinny tallish and light spikey hair. He has given me a deal and knows his stuff i forget his name tho. But yeah the bald kid has a weird voice haha.

Dave
07-12-2007, 12:05 AM
saigas are total sex. found some time tonight to finish modding my norinco sks. its so cute! it wants to be a dragunov when it grows up!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1023.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1022.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1021.jpg

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 06:34 PM
So I skipped on the Tromix because the rail was "tapped" rather poorly.

BUT DON'T WORRY!!!! I just got home with these.....

I'll admit it, the idea of an AR pistol sounded insanely stupid, BUT........I think I want to keep it :curses: This things freaking awesome!

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/7826/newguns005kn8.jpg

It's still not quite as short as my PS90 though, dumb pistol, my rifle is smaller than you!....

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7901/newguns004au2.jpg

Another of the 3....

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4902/newguns003la4.jpg

And family picture....I guess you can tell that "I went black" :) .

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7649/newguns002tg7.jpg

Dave
07-31-2007, 06:40 PM
eep to many open gas systems in one place!

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
eep to many open gas systems in one place!

I don't like AR15's, I just got the 3 for a good deal. I never owned an AR and have always told myself that I wouldn't ever own one. Oh well. My XCR is WAY cooler! Plus I just like it better. :mrgreen: He wanted to be an AK (born an AK), but got adopted by an AR father and FAL mother. Oh well, he's happy.

Chair-Force
07-31-2007, 06:46 PM
I saw middle-aged dude shooting a PS90 when we were at the range (CP) two weeks ago. I like the M4, looks like my issued one before rails and M68.

Get a buttstock for the other rifle!

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
I saw middle-aged dude shooting a PS90 when we were at the range (CP) two weeks ago. I like the M4, looks like my issued one before rails and M68.

Get a buttstock for the other rifle!

Do you mean buttstock for the pistol??? I don't like the idea of going to jail :mrgreen:

Oh yea, the AR with the bull barrel is for sale. It's brand new, NEVER fired. THe only reason I bought the 3 was for the Stag, and the guy insisted that I take the other two for only a little bit more. The Stag's staying in the collection (only 200 rounds through it), the AR pistol is brand new RIGHT NOW, but I'll probably have some fun with it and then sell it, and again, the other bull barrel ar is for sale right now. :wink: It's a double star.

And chair force, I'm not a middle aged guy, but I've been going every week (will be there again tomorrow night). I don't usually bring the PS90 since it's magazines suck and I have to clean them out all of the time for them to feed correctly, but if you want to shoot it, it's all yours. It's a fun little gun.

Chair-Force
07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Do you mean buttstock for the pistol??? I don't like the idea of going to jail :mrgreen:

Oh yea, the AR with the bull barrel is for sale. It's brand new, NEVER fired. THe only reason I bought the 3 was for the Stag, and the guy insisted that I take the other two for only a little bit more. The Stag's staying in the collection (only 200 rounds through it), the AR pistol is brand new RIGHT NOW, but I'll probably have some fun with it and then sell it, and again, the other bull barrel ar is for sale right now. :wink: It's a double star.

And chair force, I'm not a middle aged guy, but I've been going every week (will be there again tomorrow night). I don't usually bring the PS90 since it's magazines suck and I have to clean them out all of the time for them to feed correctly, but if you want to shoot it, it's all yours. It's a fun little gun.

Pistol? I was referring to the stub-nose AR missing a buttstock, the spring tube is exposed.
If I lived closer to CP, I'd actually shoot this Sig .45 I bought. Had it for three weeks and not one round!
I'll try to "borrow" one of our M249 light machine guns, you would love it. lol

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Pistol? I was referring to the stub-nose AR missing a buttstock, the spring tube is exposed.
If I lived closer to CP, I'd actually shoot this Sig .45 I bought. Had it for three weeks and not one round!
I'll try to "borrow" one of our M249 light machine guns, you would love it. lol

That's a pistol :wink: The lower is registered as a pistol, so I don't need a stock (but stupid conventional ar systems need them, hence the buffer tube, here I come gas piston upper! :cool:), and the barrel, while it's 10.5", and as an upper on a rifle, it would be illegal unless you had the SBR stamp, I can cut it down as much as I want on the pistol lower.

And the M249 sounds like LOTS of fun :eek: I'm about 20 minutes from CP so it's not bad at all. Once or twice a week is my usual.

Chair-Force
07-31-2007, 08:51 PM
In late September or early October, I'm moving to near the Navy base.
I'm sure I will be visiting CP more often then. See ya there.

goodfella732
07-31-2007, 08:57 PM
I wish the FBI would hurry up with my finger prints already. Went and got my hands on the Glock 26. Was way to small for my tastes and comfort. Even with the mag extension. So I decided on the Springfield Armory XD9 4". Loved the way it felt and shot. Now if they would get my stuff back so I can get my ID card and finally make my purchase.

ITSTOCK,

I know you've probably been asked 1000 times but where did you source your PS90?

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 08:58 PM
Tanners, I believe they are $1900 for the tri-rail

goodfella732
07-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Any special permits required for it? They are full-auto correct? The PS90 and the MP7A1 from H&K are my 2 dream weapons to own.

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 09:02 PM
Any special permits required for it? They are full-auto correct? The PS90 and the MP7A1 from H&K are my 2 dream weapons to own.

It is NOT a full auto gun. The P90 is full auto, the PS90 (s for semi) is semi. Unfortunately, you can't get a pre-ban p90 as they weren't around in the 80's :mad: Thankfully the PS90 trigger is EXTREMELY short and EXTREMELY light, so tapping off 50 rounds (what the factory mags hold, well, they come as 30, but you take out the piece of plastic and it's the true 50) in a couple seconds isn't much of an issue. It gets expensive as a semi, and I can't imagine how much the gun would cost to run as an FA!

EDIT: False information, i was thinking of the TP9 from DSA.

Dave
07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
i still want a Fs2000. maybe if my travel voucher hits this month

goodfella732
07-31-2007, 09:12 PM
It is NOT a full auto gun. The P90 is full auto, the PS90 (s for semi) is semi. Unfortunately, you can't get a pre-ban p90 as they weren't around in the 80's :mad: Thankfully the PS90 trigger is EXTREMELY short and EXTREMELY light, so tapping off 50 rounds (what the factory mags hold, well, they come as 30, but you take out the piece of plastic and it's the true 50) in a couple seconds isn't much of an issue. It gets expensive as a semi, and I can't imagine how much the gun would cost to run as an FA!

OH YEA, one of the companies is making a "knock off" MP7A1. Again, it's not full auto, but it's got all HK parts (save for 3 US parts that it needs to be legal). It was in GUNS (the magazine), and if I can find the damn company, I want one!

I wonder if that 30rd mag would be legal in NJ. I think anything more then 15rd is illegal IIRC. But that could be for pistols thou. I might try searching around and see what I can find. Talk to my friends at the range/store Ive been going to and see what he has to say. Id love to own one.

ThePrimerSuspect
07-31-2007, 09:16 PM
i went out a couple weeks ago to pay some bills, and i was sitting at a red light and looked over at the gun shop and said "hey, i need a new holster, ill stop in real quick." so i go in and pick one up, thought i would look at a .357 while i was there. then i saw "the judge" and my ADD kicked in and i forgot why i was there. its a .45, makes the .357 look like a toy next to it. the guy said it fires .45 long colts and 410 shot gun shells. i was sold on it. i havent shot it yet, but im goin up the mountains in a couple weeks so it should be a fun time.:thumbup:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb227/ThePrimerSuspect/0717071903.jpg

Dave
07-31-2007, 09:19 PM
speaking of FN's heres my FortyNine which i picked up used (but not fired) for $225 including 2nd mag, box and lock thanks to homeland security funding (security forces buying new guns every few months instead of cleaning their current ones)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1032.jpg

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder if that 30rd mag would be legal in NJ. I think anything more then 15rd is illegal IIRC. But that could be for pistols thou. I might try searching around and see what I can find. Talk to my friends at the range/store Ive been going to and see what he has to say. Id love to own one.

HA, I think Jersey get's stuck with 10rounds. :-p I know you can't do the 50.

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
i still want a Fs2000. maybe if my travel voucher hits this month

I'll probably pick one up next month. They are awesome guns to fondle, look and feel bulky, yet damn comfortable! And very ergonomic.

Dave
07-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Aaaaannd the Mateba Autovolver, FiveseveN, and pistolet makarova

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1033.jpg

ITSTOCK
07-31-2007, 09:51 PM
HA, no 20 round extension for you. Jersey really sucks!!!

DoubleOughtCel
07-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Aaaaannd the Mateba Autovolver, FiveseveN, and pistolet makarova

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN1033.jpg

Can I ask whats going on with the duct tape? I want to laugh but I figure its a cheapo-grip or something, haha.

Dave
07-31-2007, 10:07 PM
its a .44 mag, it split the grip in half on the first box of ammo and the company is long out of business so sourcing a new one is damn near impossible. im going to end up having to make one myself but i havent gotten around to it yet

DoubleOughtCel
07-31-2007, 10:12 PM
its a .44 mag, it split the grip in half on the first box of ammo and the company is long out of business so sourcing a new one is damn near impossible. im going to end up having to make one myself but i havent gotten around to it yet

Oh ok, shame you can't source the part. Def a badass gun.

Dave
08-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Oh ok, shame you can't source the part. Def a badass gun.

yeah, im planning on glueing the stocker back together and then making a mold from it. maybe bang out some rubber grips from it

ITSTOCK
08-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm picking up another AR tomorrow, will have pictures on sat. It's a 20" M4A3, and since I have all 16" and smaller, what the hell.

Dave, wanna trade my AR pistol or the one I'm picking up tomorrow for that five seven???? It would go so nice with the ps90.

BradC
08-02-2007, 10:38 PM
That Five-seven is hot. I like FN's designs.

You all and your damn ARs, I keep buying car parts. I need to buy an AR instead, car parts won't be banned for looking evil anytime soon.

ITSTOCK
08-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Nor do car parts hold value, and have a good chance of going significantly up in value!

You can buy a cheaper used one for the $600 range, or get something like a Stag for a bit more, that will run with the best.

ITSTOCK
08-03-2007, 10:59 PM
16" Stag, meet your new big brother 20" a3 stag!!!

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7182/20m4a3001aj1.jpg

I'll probably pick up an AK or two tomorrow, still don't have one of those POS's.

Chair-Force
08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Are you forming a militia or something?

ITSTOCK
08-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Are you forming a militia or something?

I don't like banks (for simple interest), already have money invested in stocks/mutual funds (risky), have other investments (easy money/good investments but too much to do another), and guns are just another investment, as well as something that I can have fun with. Buy now for well below value, sell tomorrow for value, sell 5 years from now for 2-5 times value. Either way, it's as good as holding money that follows general appreciation.

The more guns that I pick up for good deals, the more money I get in the future (oh say, around 2009 when they place a permanent AWB :mad:), plus I get to keep a couple for my kids/grandkids to enjoy. The goal is average 6/year until I can't buy anymore for decent prices.

I like the militia idea better though :cool: :lol:

Oh yea, I picked up the 16" stag for my girlfriend so that she can call it her own.

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Anyone want to go to CP this week? I'll be there probably Tuesday night and another night (maybe Wed. or Thurs, whenever I get my XCR back). I've got plenty of ammo (other then the PS90) so if you want to shoot, just let me know. I "think" CP charges $15 for your own range time, and you can also rent their guns if you want (but mine are free).

Perhaps some of the anti-gun people might want to go so that they can see how fun target shooting is.

DoubleOughtCel
08-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone want to go to CP this week? I'll be there probably Tuesday night and another night (maybe Wed. or Thurs, whenever I get my XCR back). I've got plenty of ammo (other then the PS90) so if you want to shoot, just let me know. I "think" CP charges $15 for your own range time, and you can also rent their guns if you want (but mine are free).

Perhaps some of the anti-gun people might want to go so that they can see how fun target shooting is.

Hmmm, Tuesday night may be possible. What time were you thinking?

Keep in mind, you'll be walking in with an entourage to carry all your **** while I walk in with my XD-9 sub. lol

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 05:18 PM
I usually don't go until 7-7:30.

DoubleOughtCel
08-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Well it sounds like you'll be going either way so if I end up going I guess I'll just set off your car alarm so you come running out and I'll know its you. :mrgreen:

goodfella732
08-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Sounds like fun. I wanna rent a Glock 19 and the XD9 and do a full comparison before I finally purchase one. Do you have to have your FID card to shoot there or is it as long as your with someone type deal? Still waiting on our goverment to send back my fingerprints. Ah, waiting sucks.

DoubleOughtCel
08-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Sounds like fun. I wanna rent a Glock 19 and the XD9 and do a full comparison before I finally purchase one. Do you have to have your FID card to shoot there or is it as long as your with someone type deal? Still waiting on our goverment to send back my fingerprints. Ah, waiting sucks.

What did they run your prints for?

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 06:30 PM

You just need a license (as in drivers license or other identification) to shoot there/rent.

DoubleOught, it sounds like he's from jersey. You need a Firearms ID card to be able to purchase rifles, however, I thought that you needed a different permit to purchase a handgun. Don't hold me to that, since, after all, I live in PA and don't have those stupid laws.

DoubleOughtCel
08-05-2007, 07:04 PM
You just need a license (as in drivers license or other identification) to shoot there/rent.

DoubleOught, it sounds like he's from jersey. You need a Firearms ID card to be able to purchase rifles, however, I thought that you needed a different permit to purchase a handgun. Don't hold me to that, since, after all, I live in PA and don't have those stupid laws.

Yea, let me ask you about that actually. What do I need to do if I decide to purchase a rifle?

goodfella732
08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
In Jersey to purchase a rifle or shotgun you need a FID card. To purchase handguns you need the FID and a permit for each handgun. To get the FID card and permits you need a background check done by the local PD, a mental health record check, 2 references are sent forms to fillout and send back and a fingerprint check done by the FBI. Its a big process thanks to NJ's strict gun control.

den9
08-05-2007, 10:25 PM

ill go, i think i asked to try one of your guns last year but you said i needed to be 21 to shoot, im 19 now, i have some guns but no handguns yet. if you let me shoot yours ill pay for ammo and what not

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
ill go, i think i asked to try one of your guns last year but you said i needed to be 21 to shoot, im 19 now, i have some guns but no handguns yet. if you let me shoot yours ill pay for ammo and what not

If you don't have to be 21, I have no problem with you shooting any of the .223 guns for free (.223 ammo is cheap enough that I don't care). Let me know what you want to shoot so that I don't leave it home. I'm going to try and get an AK over the next day or two also (wanted to saturday but got tied up :mad:).

den9
08-05-2007, 10:38 PM
i wanna try your glock 26, and the ar would be cool. list what guns you have and ill tell you what id be interested in, ill obviously pay for the ammo, you got to buy it though since you have to be 21 for hand gun ammo

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
i wanna try your glock 26, and the ar would be cool. list what guns you have and ill tell you what id be interested in, ill obviously pay for the ammo, you got to buy it though since you have to be 21 for hand gun ammo

The ones that I would/could bring to the range....

Glock 26 w/lasermax
The following are all .223/5.56's....
AR pistol (10.5" barrel), fun gun to shoot
AR-15 (16" barrel, bought for my girlfriend, so if she shot it better than you, expect to be made fun of :mrgreen:)
AR-15 (20" barrel)
AR-15 (16" bull barrel with 24x scope)
Robinson Armament XCR (side folder, adds to fun, but it's getting a trigger job right now and I hope to have it back by tuesday, gunsmith wanted to "play with the gun for a while' whatever that means :bigeek:)...one of the most fun to shoot
And another two that I'm willing to bring to the range
FN PS-90
Benelli Nova (12ga pump shot, one of my favorites)

The only one that I would consider asking the shooter to chip in on ammo is the PS-90 because my real local shop won't sell me the SS195 ammo that I buy, so I have to drive 40 minutes away to buy it now and it's not exactly cheap ammo. But if you just want to shoo 20 rounds through it or so, I wouldn't care.

goodfella732
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
The ones that I would/could bring to the range....

Glock 26 w/lasermax
The following are all .223/5.56's....
AR pistol (10.5" barrel), fun gun to shoot
AR-15 (16" barrel, bought for my girlfriend, so if she shot it better than you, expect to be made fun of :mrgreen:)
AR-15 (20" barrel)
AR-15 (16" bull barrel with 24x scope)
Robinson Armament XCR (side folder, adds to fun, but it's getting a trigger job right now and I hope to have it back by tuesday, gunsmith wanted to "play with the gun for a while' whatever that means :bigeek:)...one of the most fun to shoot
And another two that I'm willing to bring to the range
FN PS-90
Benelli Nova (12ga pump shot, one of my favorites)

The only one that I would consider asking the shooter to chip in on ammo is the PS-90 because my real local shop won't sell me the SS195 ammo that I buy, so I have to drive 40 minutes away to buy it now and it's not exactly cheap ammo. But if you just want to shoo 20 rounds through it or so, I wouldn't care.

Damn, I could drool over that list for hours. I might make the drive down to molest those fine toys you have.

foss
08-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I want an m107!

ITSTOCK
08-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Don't we all?? If I sell all of the guns that I listed, I might be able to afford one! And don't think it hasn't crossed my mind either :wink:

den9
08-05-2007, 11:20 PM
i just want to try your glock and ar15 16'

BradC
08-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Tuesday I will be at a Phillies game, but if you guys go Wed I am down. If I go that day, you can shoot my XD9 all you want instead of renting...

goodfella732
08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Id gladly pay for the ammo, thanks for the offer man, just let me know if you guys head over there and ill make the trek down

DoubleOughtCel
08-05-2007, 11:49 PM
I have an XD-9 also and I might end up going tuesday night as well so if you go tuesday you can use mine also

den9
08-06-2007, 01:11 AM
I have an XD-9 also and I might end up going tuesday night as well so if you go tuesday you can use mine also

me? cuz id love to try that too

DoubleOughtCel
08-06-2007, 10:03 PM
ITSTOCK, any chance you'd be willing to bring your Bennelli? I've never fired a shotgun and I'd be more than willing to split a box of shells.

ITSTOCK
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Sure, I have no 12ga ammo though, so you'll have to either buy it there, or just go to walmart if you want to save money. CP rapes people on the price of ammo. 12ga ammo is CHEAP though, I think like 5 bucks for 50 or something like that.

I have to sight in 2 of the AR's a bit better, so I'll be there for a while. I also had the sight off the PS90 so I'm going to sight that in too.

Dave
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
id be interested in going one night, let you guys check out the autovolver and the fiveseven. gotta check out the rules on border crossing though

ITSTOCK
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
id be interested in going one night, let you guys check out the autovolver and the fiveseven. gotta check out the rules on border crossing though

once you get in to pa, just have the ammo in a case, the gun in a case, put them in the trunk and nobody is going to bust your balls. Or put ammo back seat, guns in trunk. PA's looser than NJ with gun laws, so whatever you have to do in NJ, it's less in PA. The fivesevens an awesome gun to shoot, even more fun with 30rnd mag! I'll be there tomorrow night as stated, and whenever I get my XCR back from it's trigger job. I go once/twice each week though, so if you want to make the trip over, post up.

If you live in Cherry Hill, Camden County, you're only like 30 minutes away from classic pistol. I've got to drive 20-25!

den9
08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
shotgun shells are cheap, for bird shot, 25 for 3-5 bucks, buckshot and slugs are like a buck a peice, itstock, u still goin tommorow?

ITSTOCK
08-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes, I'll be there at 7:30 or so.

den9
08-06-2007, 11:07 PM
can i go and shoot ur guns?

Dave
08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
once you get in to pa, just have the ammo in a case, the gun in a case, put them in the trunk and nobody is going to bust your balls. Or put ammo back seat, guns in trunk. PA's looser than NJ with gun laws, so whatever you have to do in NJ, it's less in PA. The fivesevens an awesome gun to shoot, even more fun with 30rnd mag! I'll be there tomorrow night as stated, and whenever I get my XCR back from it's trigger job. I go once/twice each week though, so if you want to make the trip over, post up.

If you live in Cherry Hill, Camden County, you're only like 30 minutes away from classic pistol. I've got to drive 20-25!

max cap on fiveseven is 20 ;) and mine wont shoot with em we tried lol

ITSTOCK
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
max cap on fiveseven is 20 ;) and mine wont shoot with em we tried lol

Just so that you are aware, they have +10 extensions for the 20round mags, making them a 30round mag. Why won't yours shoot with the 20 round????

can i go and shoot ur guns?

Of course, just remember that it is $15 to get in the range (classic pistol). Make sure you call to make sure you can go, because I know that when I brought my girlfriend to go shooting when she was 2 months away from 21 (I had just turned 21) Target World wouldn't let her in. I don't know CP's rules on age, but I do see young people in there all of the time.

Dave
08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
no low cap state fiveseven will, at least no IOM will idk about USG. something to do with the magazine disconnect

den9
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
i know u gotta be 21 to rent guns, but im sure if ur with some1 21 u can shoot theirs, and obviously i can shoot your rifle. pm me ur number and ur names steve right?

ITSTOCK
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
no low cap state fiveseven will, at least no IOM will idk about USG. something to do with the magazine disconnect

I shot the IOM with a 20 round + 10 extension, so that's just odd to hear. From my limited knowledge, the only difference between the USG and IOM is the trigger guard. But than again, I live in PA.

I wasn't aware that they sold them with different mag disconnects for the low cap states, I just thought you guys couldn't own high cap mags! That's really beat :bigeek:

DoubleOughtCel
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Man, I really need to start working on my knowledge of firearms haha. I know the basics, but not much more than that.

goodfella732
08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Man, I really need to start working on my knowledge of firearms haha. I know the basics, but not much more than that.

Ditto. I also need to buy a 5" x 5" piece of property in PA to put a mailbox on and call it my living address. F these NJ gun laws, and front plate laws, no smoking in bars, and high cost of housing and rent. Only thing keeping me here is family and my job.

EDIT:

My town's police just called. I need to redo my fingerprints. They came back blurry so more waiting for me to do.

ITSTOCK
08-07-2007, 04:03 PM
I just loaded up and will be bringing the PS90, Glock 26 w/lasermax, AR15 (16"), AR15 10.5" pistol, and Benelli nova. I'll be there at around 7:30, probably have the guns open so if you see them, stop, say hi, and take a few shots.

BobErT-
08-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I dont think i need to think twice about barry liking Guns.. LOL. HAhahaha hehehe.

den9
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
I just loaded up and will be bringing the PS90, Glock 26 w/lasermax, AR15 (16"), AR15 10.5" pistol, and Benelli nova. I'll be there at around 7:30, probably have the guns open so if you see them, stop, say hi, and take a few shots.
can i still come

Dave
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
i just got back from hauges range in paulsboro and all i can say is i am way out of practice :)

DoubleOughtCel
08-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Where the hell was everyone that said they wanted to come?

Anyway, ITSTOCK, nice meeting you. Thanks for letting my fire your weapons. Makes my XD-9 feel like a toy, haha. Semi-automatic rifles or not, I'd hate to be the guy that tries to burglarize you, haha.

PS-90 FTW!!! That thing fires butter, man.

den9
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
i wanted to go but never got the official ok from any1
maybe next time...

ITSTOCK
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
No problem, anytime. And nice meeting you also. Den9, sorry I didn't get to respond before I left, but from the beginning, you could have definitely came, as well as anyone else who wanted. I ended up being there from before 6:30 until 8:30.

Next time I'll bring my favorite gun, the XCR. Hopefully I get it back from the gunsmith this week :mad:

goodfella732
08-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Next time everyone is going Ill be there. Didnt see the update til it was to late for me. Hope you guys dont mind a handgun noob taggin along.

ITSTOCK
08-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Well I'm always in, someone just say that they want to shoot **** and I'll be there. Pick a date goodfella, balls in your court!

Dave
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
oh itstock, they have a scoped HK SL8 at hauges for mid 2k

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 08:06 AM
oh itstock, they have a scoped HK SL8 at hauges for mid 2k

I hope it's a good scope! Mid 2's is a lot of coin for an Sl8 (unless it's brand new, and in which case, is still too much for what it is).

moorefire
08-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Dam I missed this tread...

ITSTOCK, How do you like your PS-90? are the rumors of them kicking like a 22 true? Is there anyone making cheap ammo yet?

(sorry if these have been answered already)

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Dam I missed this tread...

ITSTOCK, How do you like your PS-90? are the rumors of them kicking like a 22 true? Is there anyone making cheap ammo yet?

(sorry if these have been answered already)

"CHEAP AMMO"!??!?!?!??! Hell no, it keeps getting more expensive too :mad:

As to kicking like a 22....I'd say more like a pellet gun. There is no kick.

Dave
08-08-2007, 11:20 AM
yeah, i mentioned i was looking for an fs and the guy was like "well you should get the hk they are better than fn" nevermind that the fs will accept the mags and accesories i already have and the wannabe g36 wont

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
But you CAN make a badass G36 conversion out of the SL8! It's just way out of my price range to do it right.

I don't remember if you already said so or not, but have you felt how comfortable the FS is? The things cool as hell.

Oh yea, I found $450 hiding behind my gun safe last night, so I can only assume that it was meant to buy another gun, or something with guns. So if there is anything out there for the $450 range, I want it! Preferably an AK (underfolder, maybe consider side folder), maybe a full size hand gun, M&P .40/45, glock 17, I don't know. Any idea's for $450?

DoubleOughtCel
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Any idea's for $450?

Yea, put it towards my first AR :mrgreen:

goodfella732
08-08-2007, 04:20 PM
You're only 1550 away from a HK UMP45.

DoubleOughtCel
08-08-2007, 04:24 PM

And you'd only be about 2389748097092 days from getting one, once they stop effing up your fingerprints, lol.

goodfella732
08-08-2007, 04:29 PM
ouch. lol. that and jersey's ban on pretty much everything.

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 04:29 PM

Find me a real (not conversion) UMP 45 for $2000 or less and I bet that I will buy it tomorrow. The cheapest I can find is $3500+.

DoubleOughtCel
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Damn it, I can't wait until I'm able to apply to some departments and get my career started. I want to have enough loot to buy fun stuff.

goodfella732
08-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Nevermind, I was incorrect with the price. Not sure what I confused with it. But you collection could look like this..

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_32859496_8402.jpg

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
That could also be a USC-UMP conversion, but either way, I'd take it!

goodfella732
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
After futher looking, he is claiming its a real UMP but the marking say otherwise I think

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_33368975_7098.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_33368976_7420.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_32859499_9277.jpg

futuredsmowner
08-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Since so many people seem to own and have interest in guns, does anyone want to have a skeet shooting meet? There is a place in south jersey called m&m hunting preserve. They have a ton of land and have multiple skeet shooting ranges. They open back up in October I think. Any interest?

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 05:35 PM
After futher looking, he is claiming its a real UMP but the marking say otherwise I think

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_33368975_7098.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_33368976_7420.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u174/turboneon732/n6202368_32859499_9277.jpg

That IS A REAL!!!

USC-UMP conversion. :o It looks like one of the Tactical Excellence conversions. The registered part on the USC (and ump) is the upper (unlike AR's where the lower is the registered part). The USC marking is as clear as it gets that this is an original USC.

EDIT: He's a member over on HKPRO and HDPS did the conversion.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53384

And I still like my XCR more.

Since so many people seem to own and have interest in guns, does anyone want to have a skeet shooting meet? There is a place in south jersey called m&m hunting preserve. They have a ton of land and have multiple skeet shooting ranges. They open back up in October I think. Any interest?

Too far otherwise I would.

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Whats the point of a civilian owning a semi-automatic UMP? It fires a small caliber, its semi-auto, has terrible accuracy due short barrel/small round and its..................semi-auto.
I understand the cool factor but unless you are on a SWAT team or using it to protect yourself from a real threat, its pointless.
Any of you have a Class 3?

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Whats the point of a civilian owning a semi-automatic UMP? It fires a small caliber, its semi-auto, has terrible accuracy due short barrel/small round and its..................semi-auto.
I understand the cool factor but unless you are on a SWAT team or using it to protect yourself from a real threat, its pointless.
Any of you have a Class 3?

Is cool factor not enough??? The PS90 is the same way, collectible and cool. Also, both are fun to shoot. Just about every gun that I own is pointless from a pure "use" stand point. Most gun enthusiasts don't buy guns for the exact intended purpose. Think of it as collecting cars, you don't see people buying original 396 Nova's to just go out and race. Or stamp collectors, they don't collect to put stamps on the envelope. The list goes on, but you get it. It's almost like an addiction. You buy what you want, for no damn reason, just because.

goodfella732
08-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Its a sick piece. Im just not feeling he is claiming it as a real UMP on his LJ. I guess to me, even with the conversion its still a USC underneath. Id take the MP7 over all of then anyway. That or the MP5K.

DoubleOughtCel
08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Its a sick piece. Im just not feeling he is claiming it as a real UMP on his LJ. I guess to me, even with the conversion its still a USC underneath. Id take the MP7 over all of then anyway. That or the MP5K.

MP5K is definitely sweet looking.

And I agree, just having the weapon you like, semi-auto or not, is good enough for me. I had to have an XD-9 when I first started noticing them and I haven't regretted buying it since. Once I get into my career, you better believe my house will be a fortress, haha.

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Is cool factor not enough??? The PS90 is the same way, collectible and cool. Also, both are fun to shoot. Just about every gun that I own is pointless from a pure "use" stand point. Most gun enthusiasts don't buy guns for the exact intended purpose. Think of it as collecting cars, you don't see people buying original 396 Nova's to just go out and race. Or stamp collectors, they don't collect to put stamps on the envelope. The list goes on, but you get it. It's almost like an addiction. You buy what you want, for no damn reason, just because.

Alright I'll buy that.

According to Family Guy, Jesus attempted to fight off the Romans with an AK-47 till he ran out of magazines. I believe it.

Yep.

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Well in all fairness, you can practically make the USC a real UMP. If you are SBR'ing it (which means short barrel, like the real UMP, the USC carbine comes with a 16" barrel). If you aren't SBR'ing it, you need 3 us made parts, which are usually stupid parts like a magazine (/clip) FLOORPLATE (it's part of the mag), the stock (they look exactly the same), and something else stupid like a stock adapter. Other than that, it's exactly the same as a UMP, with real, genuine german HK UMP parts.

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Well in all fairness, you can practically make the USC a real UMP. If you are SBR'ing it (which means short barrel, like the real UMP, the USC carbine comes with a 16" barrel). If you aren't SBR'ing it, you need 3 us made parts, which are usually stupid parts like a magazine (/clip) FLOORPLATE (it's part of the mag), the stock (they look exactly the same), and something else stupid like a stock adapter. Other than that, it's exactly the same as a UMP, with real, genuine german HK UMP parts.

How hard is it to make auto?

DoubleOughtCel
08-08-2007, 07:56 PM

Just pull the trigger really fast.

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 08:00 PM

To us non-leo type? Almost impossible, perhaps completely impossible. The UMP didn't come out until the late 90's, so it's post ban. Last time I checked (almost a year ago), nobody had come up with a way to get a full auto sear in to the USC (legally). So, pretending (for now) that you could get a registered full auto sear in to a USC, you would be looking at spending $1500 for the USC (plus $1500 more for the UMP conversion if that's what you wanted), and $10-20,000 MORE for the full auto HK sear.

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 08:07 PM
To us non-leo type? Almost impossible, perhaps completely impossible. The UMP didn't come out until the late 90's, so it's post ban. Last time I checked (almost a year ago), nobody had come up with a way to get a full auto sear in to the USC (legally). So, pretending (for now) that you could get a registered full auto sear in to a USC, you would be looking at spending $1500 for the USC (plus $1500 more for the UMP conversion if that's what you wanted), and $10-20,000 MORE for the full auto HK sear.

$10,000-$20,000 just the sear?!?!?!?

I think I have the world record for converting rifles. I converted 138 M16s to M16A2 in a week! Wheres my f'in medal! I did shed a tear. Full auto option to three round burst option? Gay

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 08:41 PM

I think I have the world record for converting rifles. I converted 138 M16s to M16A2 in a week! Wheres my f'in medal! I did shed a tear. Full auto option to three round burst option? Gay

Here's one for 14k :mrgreen:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62696&highlight=sear

here's a sear that's stuck in the MP5, meaning, you can only use it in the mp5 it's currently in...guy wants over 18g's for it....

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61864&highlight=sear

Dave
08-08-2007, 09:01 PM

thats funny, i converted m16a2s into m16s and m4s into m4a1s, silly air force ;)

Dave
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
i suppose i ought to re-post my war carbine with a full rundown on mods done.

ace skeleton stock
bushmaster AK-74 brake
bushmaster titanium firing pin
bushmaster extended bolt release
tapco ( i think ) extended charger latch
knight's armament forward grip
knight's armament quad rails
Eotech 552 holosight
flip up iron sights with range adjustment
pachmeyer grip
custom accuracy wedge
re-set the barrel with far tighter clearances (massive accuracy boost)
replaced burst claw with a spacer for full automatic fire @900 rpm
H&K high reliability magazines

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0848.jpg

made short short work of the crap re-enlistment thermos they gave me, well to be fair my buddy helped with his similarly modded (by me) carbine

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0545.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/DSCN0546.jpg

oh yeah, there was a hotly contested line of succesion for the rifle were i to buy the farm in country...lol

ITSTOCK
08-08-2007, 10:25 PM
No fair, you get to play with FA's. When you turn them back in, what all do you get to keep? Or better stated, don't they supply you with optics? What of them?

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
thats funny, i converted m16a2s into m16s and m4s into m4a1s, silly air force ;)

Why back to M16?
We dont have to convert old M4s, we get brand new ones! Packing grease taste good.

Chair-Force
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
i suppose i ought to re-post my war carbine with a full rundown on mods done.

ace skeleton stock
bushmaster AK-74 brake
bushmaster titanium firing pin
bushmaster extended bolt release
tapco ( i think ) extended charger latch
knight's armament forward grip
knight's armament quad rails
Eotech 552 holosight
flip up iron sights with range adjustment
pachmeyer grip
custom accuracy wedge
re-set the barrel with far tighter clearances (massive accuracy boost)
replaced burst claw with a spacer for full automatic fire @900 rpm
H&K high reliability magazines

How does that work? You guys are allowed to modify your weapons to that extreme?
Looks like you took those pics in a tower or dfp?

Dave
08-08-2007, 11:15 PM
it all depends on the unit, the point was made early on that i knew what i was doing and rifles modified by me consistantly outperformed their stock army counterparts, so our co gave us an open hand for mods as long as we could put them back to stock at the end. the only thing i didnt undo was the barrel reset as i *slightly broke the rules there and made permanant changes to the star ring to achieve the clearance i wanted. the army uses the aimpoint red dot for its optic, i consider this inferior to the eotech, doubly so when you consider that the rifle was to operate in a third world country and button batterys would be impossible to find. when other guys could no longer use their sights i was still going strong cause my 552 takes AAs. and those were taken in the sniper shack and cp respectfully

Chair-Force
08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
it all depends on the unit, the point was made early on that i knew what i was doing and rifles modified by me consistantly outperformed their stock army counterparts, so our co gave us an open hand for mods as long as we could put them back to stock at the end. the only thing i didnt undo was the barrel reset as i *slightly broke the rules there and made permanant changes to the star ring to achieve the clearance i wanted. the army uses the aimpoint red dot for its optic, i consider this inferior to the eotech, doubly so when you consider that the rifle was to operate in a third world country and button batterys would be impossible to find. when other guys could no longer use their sights i was still going strong cause my 552 takes AAs. and those were taken in the sniper shack and cp respectfully

Right right. Yeah, the M68 sight isn't best but uncle sam loves the lowest bidder. We had ACOGs on order but that was struck down in country. We had to beg just to get Pitt rails for our M4s. In the chair force, if something isnt for the planes, pilots or wrenchtuner who work on planes, then its not getting any funding.
We shared space with the 101st ABN in Kirkuk, they had some crazy modded M1As and SAWs. Not sure how your guard unit was but the 101st looked like they went to Graterford SCI and recruited prisoners.

Dave
08-09-2007, 12:09 AM
one o worst got its name for a reason

goodfella732
08-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Anyone else up for Classic tomorrow?

ITSTOCK
08-10-2007, 02:51 PM
(obviously me)

Anyway, I just passed on a killer deal to my brother for a brand new Sig 556. I'm an idiot, why I told him and did the work for him I have no clue (he's been looking for one for the past year under msrp, and since the new version came out he REALLY wanted one)! Damn it, I should have just kept my mouth shut and kept it to myself. :(:(

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1821/dscn1738um3.jpg

ITSTOCK
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
And here is what the bull barrel (original pictures on page 7) now looks like...:rock:

edit

DoubleOughtCel
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
(obviously me)

Damn it, I should have just kept my mouth shut and kept it to myself. :(:(

I agree, dumb move. lol. The 556 is really nice.

ITSTOCK
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I agree, dumb move. lol. The 556 is really nice.

There are mixed opinions on it, lots of people say exactly what it could be, JUNK. The quality of the actual gun in a couple of different aspects is really just sub-par, while in other area's it exceeds most AR's. It's just one of those "must have" items.. It's nothing like the REAL 55x, and I do mean NOTHING. If it were, they would be selling like hot cakes.

Here's a rough comparison of the 556 and XCR (along with the LWRC). I think he gave a couple of tips to the LWRC that probably shouldn't have been, but they were his opinion (such as ergonomics, the XCR is WAY more ergonomically correct than the LWRC and 556 IMO, my rails have had all kinds of optics on them and never been marred, so that is interested, he left the gas port setting on 4 for the function part, mine is down to 2 and it's LOTS less than the gas piston ar uppers (my brother has the ZM lr300, comparable to the LWRC) and way less than the 556 on the 1 setting, plus it's silencer/SBR friendly with setting 1, total of 4 settings)...and on to looks, he put magpul stocks on the others as well as an HK mag on the Sig and Pmag on the LWRC, so of course they look better, because the XCR is plain and 100% stock (unlike the other two).

But anyway, it's still interesting reading with good info.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=216872&page=1&#-1

and another "extremely" biased thread.... :)

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=225363&page=4

SayNoToPistons
08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
http://dominionpaper.ca/weblog/img/canadian_soldiers.jpg

Dave
08-10-2007, 05:22 PM
There are mixed opinions on it, lots of people say exactly what it could be, JUNK. The quality of the actual gun in a couple of different aspects is really just sub-par, while in other area's it exceeds most AR's. It's just one of those "must have" items.. It's nothing like the REAL 55x, and I do mean NOTHING. If it were, they would be selling like hot cakes.

Here's a rough comparison of the 556 and XCR (along with the LWRC). I think he gave a couple of tips to the LWRC that probably shouldn't have been, but they were his opinion (such as ergonomics, the XCR is WAY more ergonomically correct than the LWRC and 556 IMO, my rails have had all kinds of optics on them and never been marred, so that is interested, he left the gas port setting on 4 for the function part, mine is down to 2 and it's LOTS less than the gas piston ar uppers (my brother has the ZM lr300, comparable to the LWRC) and way less than the 556 on the 1 setting, plus it's silencer/SBR friendly with setting 1, total of 4 settings)...and on to looks, he put magpul stocks on the others as well as an HK mag on the Sig and Pmag on the LWRC, so of course they look better, because the XCR is plain and 100% stock (unlike the other two).

But anyway, it's still interesting reading with good info.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=216872&page=1&#-1

hmm i didnt expect those to be THAT bad. fs2000 looks like the clear winner for my carbine dollars now