PDA

View Full Version : The official TST I like guns thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

SvicksTc
12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
There's a show out in Leesport on the 7th and 8th I think it is. It's at the farmers market. Sounds like it's not huge, but a gun show is a gun show.

Ya i just checked Eagle Arms site, there is also one in allentown at a hotel later in the month ~250 tables...

Ill prolly check that one out...

went shooting yesterday to try out my new smith and wesson m&p 15-22 i just bought myself. Here it is next to my mossberg 500.

Awesome, if it didnt pour like all hell today id be at the range tomorrow, my car wont make it down to the pistol range...maybe ill take the AR for some love..

Glock 26 gets dropped off for coating tomorrow!

92awdtsi
12-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Awesome, if it didnt pour like all hell today id be at the range tomorrow, my car wont make it down to the pistol range...maybe ill take the AR for some love..

Glock 26 gets dropped off for coating tomorrow!

what range do you go to? I need to organize a shoot at my moms house. Its free and no mallninja RO's to catch sh*t from.

SvicksTc
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM
what range do you go to? I need to organize a shoot at my moms house. Its free and no mallninja RO's to catch sh*t from.

I belong to Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club, on blue church road in coopersburg//

16gDSM
12-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Where does your mom live you could do that?

92awdtsi
12-27-2011, 10:33 PM
in the woods, here's a video from that day.

First mag through the gun, Had 3 ftf's. After about 200rds its running flawless. I wasn't expecting greatness from cheap dirty .22lr rds but hey its workin great now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XJ-LCRxpc&feature=plcp&context=C3998910UDOEgsToPDskK65F3-tel7L-9fTFH7i52Q

CleanNeon98
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Considering getting something small for almost pocket carry or IWB where I will hardly feel it, the G19 is just a tad big so I want to explore other options, that said I don't NEED to buy anything else.

First things first, 9mm or .380?

I looked at the Ruger LCP and LC9 and I think the
Sig P290 or P238?
Kahr CM9 or it's .380 brother?

I kinda ruled out the G26 because it's no thinner than the 19 I have now. Just looking for a smaller package for deeper concealment.

Munky
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Considering getting something small for almost pocket carry or IWB where I will hardly feel it, the G19 is just a tad big so I want to explore other options, that said I don't NEED to buy anything else.

First things first, 9mm or .380?

I looked at the Ruger LCP and LC9 and I think the
Sig P290 or P238?
Kahr CM9 or it's .380 brother?

I kinda ruled out the G26 because it's no thinner than the 19 I have now. Just looking for a smaller package for deeper concealment.

Smith & Wesson Bodyguard /discussion :mrgreen: You can even see the Uncle Mikes holster I bought for it. Fits perfect in the front pocket of every pair of pants/shorts I own. Noone ever notices it and if they do they assume it's a cell phone/wallet.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Guns2/2011-08-22_21-55-15_913.jpg

CleanNeon98
12-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Coworker has a KelTec P11 that he never shoots and says its small. Thoughts on this gun from anyone?

1988 Olds
12-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Coworker has a KelTec P11 that he never shoots and says its small. Thoughts on this gun from anyone?

It's not a bad gun but Kel-Tec isn't know for making the best pistols. Chances are you can get it pretty cheap though. I'd go with the LCP in a Desanto Nemesis Holster, I carry that pretty much everyday. I also really like the CM9, which I might pick up sometime. I also have a Glock 26 which I agree is to thick for IWB carry.

CleanNeon98
12-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I carry my 19 iwb at my 5:00 and its not bad, b.ut could be better. I can get the p11 with extra mags and the holster from him for 180 maybe less. He said it starts to FTE after about 50 rounds consecutive, i dunno if this is a problem with the gun, his ammo, or just the nature of the beast

99corvette
12-28-2011, 08:13 PM
took some quick pics of my dakota tactical d54p navy mp5 with my fleming auto sear install. ill take some better pictures this weekend.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6527/img1623a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/img1623a.jpg/)

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9963/img1622p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/img1622p.jpg/)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8945/img1624sd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/img1624sd.jpg/)

SvicksTc
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
I carry my 19 iwb at my 5:00 and its not bad, b.ut could be better. I can get the p11 with extra mags and the holster from him for 180 maybe less. He said it starts to FTE after about 50 rounds consecutive, i dunno if this is a problem with the gun, his ammo, or just the nature of the beast

Why would you want to carry a gun with known issues?

Maybe adjust carrying your G19 or get a better holster...I carried my G19 everyday for a year without any comfort or concealing issues...

I also picked up a G26 for lighter summer days because i wear tighter shirts and thats the nature of the beast right there im not going to go out of my way and crazy alter my clothes because if i print, show, etc here and there i dont care

I carry my G19 practically 3oclock in Galco King Tuk and Love it, I carry my G26 the same way in the same holster and I carry my 1911 at like 330 in Comptac Mtac and its super comfortable... 5 oclock i wouldnt even feel comfortable reaching all the way back there for my weapon if i needed it that has to be uncomfortable right there

and 99corvette, trying to give me that Mp5 :) Me love you long time

99corvette
12-28-2011, 08:29 PM

I would stay away from kel-tec, even for 180 or less. i have seen a few brake while firing at the range and with the problem your saying it has i would never trust my life on it. magazine release and firing pins brake on them a lot.

CleanNeon98
12-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Why would you want to carry a gun with known issues?

Maybe adjust carrying your G19 or get a better holster...I carried my G19 everyday for a year without any comfort or concealing issues...

I also picked up a G26 for lighter summer days because i wear tighter shirts and thats the nature of the beast right there im not going to go out of my way and crazy alter my clothes because if i print, show, etc here and there i dont care

I carry my G19 practically 3oclock in Galco King Tuk and Love it, I carry my G26 the same way in the same holster and I carry my 1911 at like 330 in Comptac Mtac and its super comfortable... 5 oclock i wouldnt even feel comfortable reaching all the way back there for my weapon if i needed it that has to be uncomfortable right there

and 99corvette, trying to give me that Mp5 :) Me love you long time
I've thought about that too, I use a DeSantis Stealth right now which is OK but I always have to cant the holster myself and then the clip isnt even with my belt and wiggles. I bought a DeSantis Cozy Partner which was even worse cause it kept sliding down my ass.

Then the question goes, Galco KingTuck or Crossbreed Supertuck?

SvicksTc
12-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Or look at Comptac they make some nice stuff too, however, I like my King Tuk for my Glocks and Like my Comptac for my 1911, but probably wouldnt want it vice versa...

I dont like the crossbreed because im not all about sporting crosses on the clips, but to each their own...theyre both the same and one cost like 20 dollars more haha..

Def. invest in a new holster before ditching the idea of carrying it and adjust your carry position to be more comfortable, I know for sure i would not be able to reach back at my 5oclock and quickly access my weapon....

Like i said i carry basically 3 oclock on my hip with the king tuk because it wraps around my hips and formed to my body and is just a quick jerk of the shirt up and bam its right there at my side...

CleanNeon98
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
How long did the breakin take?

SvicksTc
12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
How long did the breakin take?

mmm IDK i carry everyday, around the house, etc so it wasnt long...I dont know how often you carry so all these factor in, i would say after a few weeks it was golden...

My comptac with my 1911 took only a few hours to get real comfortable, but highly prefer my King Tuk over my Comptac Mtac for Glock

and like I said I highly prefer my Mtac over a King Tuk for my 1911

biz
12-28-2011, 10:40 PM
decided i'm gonna pick up a S&W 1911PD instead of that para ordinance p14... shot one of my friend's the other day and it was love at first trigger pull.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i28/WhiteFeather93/IMG_00102.jpg

~Brian~
12-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Then the question goes, Galco KingTuck or Crossbreed Supertuck?

Don't listen anybody complaining about the crosses on the clips. You can always put a different clip on it if you want.

I own two of these holsters and I can tell you that they are second to none. The next closest thing is the MTac. Also an awesome holster, but they are somewhat mass produced. Benefit of the MTac though is that you can swap out the kydex for use with multiple guns, whereas the Crossbreed is for one gun only.

I've worn both though and to be honest, I find the Crossbreed MUCH more comfortable.

HaveBlue83
12-29-2011, 10:44 AM
took some quick pics of my dakota tactical d54p navy mp5 with my fleming auto sear install. ill take some better pictures this weekend.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6527/img1623a.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/img1623a.jpg/)

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9963/img1622p.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/img1622p.jpg/)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8945/img1624sd.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/img1624sd.jpg/)

"HANS!!" lol

this needs to ge reposted since ppl obv didn't see its an MP5N with an auto sear.

I have 150 rnds of 9mm lets meet up :D. Hell, i can field strip them too...I'll clean it for ya.

16gDSM
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Have a question I'm looking to sell my Walther g22 rifle to buy a AK-47. Where could I go online or not to sell it? Would like to do private sale cause I'm sure I could get more money out of it then going to a dealer. Also whats a good AK to buy? I know they have different makes. Would like to buy one cause they are cheap and very reliable and if the world goes to **** least I know the AK will take a beaten and last.

99corvette
12-29-2011, 11:07 AM
"HANS!!" lol

this needs to ge reposted since ppl obv didn't see its an MP5N with an auto sear.

I have 150 rnds of 9mm lets meet up :D. Hell, i can field strip them too...I'll clean it for ya.

haha thanks man, i plan on shooting it monday with my pops if the weather is nice. gotta test this out, my new sbr ar and test fire my hk51 with my new 50 round drum i just picked up. still waiting on my damn suppressor tho.

HaveBlue83
12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
damn nice man. if i didnt have cars i would have class 3 by now. i keep ALMOST buying a .22 suppressor.

good clean weapons man. if u ever need help repairing them let me know, I was a 45B and i work on military weapons as my job. ;)

99corvette
12-29-2011, 01:29 PM
damn nice man. if i didnt have cars i would have class 3 by now. i keep ALMOST buying a .22 suppressor.

good clean weapons man. if u ever need help repairing them let me know, I was a 45B and i work on military weapons as my job. ;)

thanks and that must be a nice job, i wanna get involved with something to do with firearms in the future. if your looking for a .22 suppressor check out the swr spectre suppressor. its full auto rated. will work with .22, .22 magnum, 17 hmr and 5.7. i run one on my walther p22, thing is so quiet. plus it comes completely apart for easy cleaning.

djb5118
12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
I own the above 12 gauge, and a pistol, but I want a rifle as well. I never use my shotgun so that's going up for sale. I'm not super knowledgeable in rifles, though after a lot of research I've settled with a 7.62 AK47. I'm heading to a couple of gun shows coming up, but curious if anyone else has a recommendation on a good LOCAL company to purchase from. Currently I'm aware of only one, Surplus City, in NE Philly. Thanks!

I think I've settled on an O/U. From talking to various people, it seems like they hold their value a bit better in case I decide to ditch the hobby after a while.

Anyone have any good resources for seeking out used firearms (specifically shotguns)?

SvicksTc
12-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Don't listen anybody complaining about the crosses on the clips. You can always put a different clip on it if you want.

I own two of these holsters and I can tell you that they are second to none. The next closest thing is the MTac. Also an awesome holster, but they are somewhat mass produced. Benefit of the MTac though is that you can swap out the kydex for use with multiple guns, whereas the Crossbreed is for one gun only.

I've worn both though and to be honest, I find the Crossbreed MUCH more comfortable.

Mtac mass produced? they are hand made to order and production time is 4-5 days..

Yes you can always swap the clips on the Crossbreed, but the King Tuk offers a cheaper solution without the hassle...

If the crossbreed is really any more comfortable than my King Tuk well then mutha ****ing hats off to them for making an unbelievable holster, the thing is...im just not seeing it being any more comfortable than the King Tuk.. In my expeirementing of different holsters, specifically with my G19, im just trying to save him a few bucks on a quality holster

HaveBlue83
12-29-2011, 03:32 PM
thanks and that must be a nice job, i wanna get involved with something to do with firearms in the future. if your looking for a .22 suppressor check out the swr spectre suppressor. its full auto rated. will work with .22, .22 magnum, 17 hmr and 5.7. i run one on my walther p22, thing is so quiet. plus it comes completely apart for easy cleaning.

its my dream job :) We repair: M9, M11, M4/M16, M203, M249, M240, M2, MK19, Tripods. :D

suppressors...i like the silencerco sparrow. doesnt weld together after heavy use.

lovinmyz
12-30-2011, 12:23 AM
hi guys, ive been a member to this site for a while but usually just stop by and read.
i just wanted to see if some one can give me some insight on who around montgomeryville
works on 1911's. or even if some one on here can help me with 1911s
i guess im looking for a gunsmith who knows alot about them
being that i have lots of question and would like to customize a little further.
if some one can help me that would be awesome.
thank you

and by the way i own a cz p07 and a colt combat elite
heres a quick pic i took of the Combat elite when i first brought it home:

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz46/lovinmyz/a4ff78d0.jpg

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Nice Colt, and welcome..

I see you're from the area and would highly suggest Classic Pistol in Southampton, Pa

lovinmyz
12-30-2011, 01:03 AM
Nice Colt, and welcome..

I see you're from the area and would highly suggest Classic Pistol in Southampton, Pa

Ive been to classic pistol. It was kind of a quick in and out. So they work on pistols there? I had a quick convon with some one who was pretty cool.

drifty240
12-30-2011, 01:12 AM
decided i'm gonna pick up a S&W 1911PD instead of that para ordinance p14... shot one of my friend's the other day and it was love at first trigger pull.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i28/WhiteFeather93/IMG_00102.jpg

I love my PARA, 15 rounds of 45 acp.. You can't beat the trigger on a good 1911...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/parahicapl10.jpg

~Brian~
12-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Mtac mass produced? they are hand made to order and production time is 4-5 days..

Yes you can always swap the clips on the Crossbreed, but the King Tuk offers a cheaper solution without the hassle...

If the crossbreed is really any more comfortable than my King Tuk well then mutha ****ing hats off to them for making an unbelievable holster, the thing is...im just not seeing it being any more comfortable than the King Tuk.. In my expeirementing of different holsters, specifically with my G19, im just trying to save him a few bucks on a quality holster

Please re-read my post. Never once did I mention the King Tuk. I was comparing the MTac to the SuperTuck.

And yes, the MTac is somewhat mass produced. 4-5 days is much faster than 3 to 4 weeks. Even after considering the size of Crossbreed as compared to Comtac to account for some of the differences between production times, on average, Comtac is spending less hands on time with each holster as compared to Crossbreed. That is what I was referring to. No need to get defensive...

drifty240
12-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Please re-read my post. Never once did I mention the King Tuk. I was comparing the MTac to the SuperTuck.

And yes, the MTac is somewhat mass produced. 4-5 days is much faster than 3 to 4 weeks. Even after considering the size of Crossbreed as compared to Comtac to account for some of the differences between production times, on average, Comtac is spending less hands on time with each holster as compared to Crossbreed. That is what I was referring to. No need to get defensive...

I have had both and I feel the Comp Tac is far better than the Crossbreed. it may just be that is more worn in. I am pretty sure both are mass produced to a point. The wait is moreover a justification of cost or just how the production cycle runs.

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 12:10 PM

Not getting defensive, but i was referring to mass production of the comptac vs the crossbreed...I think they are produced relatively in the same fashion...yes maybe crossbreed spends more time on them individual, or maybe its the company giving their employees a 3-4 week leeway time to finish a holster?

Either way i was trying to help cleanNeon with this quest to conceal his G19 more comfortably...A task I had spent much time and money on experimenting with and with the 54 dollar price tag for the King TuK (even cheaper online) It sure out ways the 70,80,100 plus dollars of the crossbreed and mtac...

Holsters ive tried for my G19:
Desantis Cozy Partner
Desantish Stealth
Galco King Tuk
Comptac Mtac
Fobus Paddle Holster (OWB)

I have had both and I feel the Comp Tac is far better than the Crossbreed. it may just be that is more worn in. I am pretty sure both are mass produced to a point. The wait is moreover a justification of cost or just how the production cycle runs.

HaveBlue83
12-30-2011, 01:57 PM
i got a $25 don hume IWB leather holster and that works for me. lol. i dont need a $90 comptac uber cool iwb tension **** thing. hahaha.

ive had it for over a year, its great and swaps to other pants in 2 sec.

also: JUST ORDERED my Centurion Arms C4 10" rail :D :D

drifty240
12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
i got a $25 don hume IWB leather holster and that works for me. lol. i dont need a $90 comptac uber cool iwb tension **** thing. hahaha.

When it comes to something that I bet my life on cost is not the deciding factor more the fact it works for what I want it to do. I have a drawer full of holsters and for me the deciding factor for the Comp-tac is that you can reholster without looking with one hand and i can use it every day and at no time do i feel it.

p.s. I think Cabelas has the king tucks in stock you can go have a look at them. If i never had Comp-tac I might try it out but I was spoiled with getting my Comp-tac in a gun trade (thx Munky)

CleanNeon98
12-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, how are the cheaper PARA 1911s? What's their starting range? I saw some online as low as 547 or so. And who sells them locally?

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Ill spend the 90 dollars on my uber cool holster because its quality and is comfortable and has adjustable rentention. Also I can holster my weapon one handed..

Also the draw from a kydex holster is much faster and consistent for me every time...

Ive had quite a few holsters as you can see for the G19, and I would never got back to some cheap 25 dollar holster, and I promise you if you would invest in a quality holster you will kick yourself in the butt for not investing sooner...

When it comes to something that I bet my life on cost is not the deciding factor more the fact it works for what I want it to do. I have a drawer full of holsters and for me the deciding factor for the Comp-tac is that you can reholster without looking with one hand and i can use it every day and at no time do i feel it.

p.s. I think Cabelas has the king tucks in stock you can go have a look at them. If i never had Comp-tac I might try it out but I was spoiled with getting my Comp-tac in a gun trade (thx Munky)

I picked mine up at Cablea's, Claytons also has them in stock (was just there a few weeks back)...

Like i said I have both Comptac Mtac and King Tuk for the G19 and it sits in the Tuk daily...

HaveBlue83
12-30-2011, 04:37 PM
yeah i almost got an $80 one....

then i asked myself when i would EVER need to quickly reholster if i had to draw my weapon and use it. i think as long as i can draw quickly that is all i need. i researched a bunch and bought the don hume. and I'm happy with it. i can use it for open or CCW carry as well. KISS

CleanNeon98
12-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I really dont get why one-hand reholstering is a big deal. I cant picture a situation where id need to reholster my gun with one hand. I still want to try a supertuck or king tuk though, for comfort reasons.

drifty240
12-30-2011, 05:02 PM
yeah i almost got an $80 one....

then i asked myself when i would EVER need to quickly reholster if i had to draw my weapon and use it. i think as long as i can draw quickly that is all i need. i researched a bunch and bought the don hume. and I'm happy with it. i can use it for open or CCW carry as well. KISS

In my overall self defense strategy my pistol is used just to get to my rifle. Once i get my rife, i would like to keep my pistol encase i have a rifle malfunction . Or just run out of rounds. Also you never know if you have to use your pistol in a self defense situation you may have to provide first aide or assist someone who is no longer ambulatory and need both hands but don't want to lay your pistol on the ground . You should take a pistol training class and you will see that a self defense incident can be more dynamic than a just a robbery or an individual just trying to do you harm. I will stop rambling.. :cyberguy:

CleanNeon98
12-30-2011, 05:08 PM
In the house maybe, but when would you ever carry a rifle with you? Also for IWB concealed carry, youll likely need 2 hands anyway to lift your shirt back up to reholster.

HaveBlue83
12-30-2011, 05:21 PM
In my overall self defense strategy my pistol is used just to get to my rifle. Once i get my rife, i would like to keep my pistol encase i have a rifle malfunction . Or just run out of rounds. Also you never know if you have to use your pistol in a self defense situation you may have to provide first aide or assist someone who is no longer ambulatory and need both hands but don't want to lay your pistol on the ground . You should take a pistol training class and you will see that a self defense incident can be more dynamic than a just a robbery or an individual just trying to do you harm. I will stop rambling.. :cyberguy:

i did the targetmaster course by Andy Troutman back in 2004. i understand what you are talking about. I learned a LOT before I enlisted from that class.

i use my holster for carrying. i dont expect to need anything more than 13rnds of .40S&W. if i DO, im ****ed anyways. It's for self defense, not offensive tactical ops.

I am not an ignorant gun owner. i know how to go through a situation tactically, apply deadly force, and return my weapon to its holster to do aid & litter. i dont need an $80 comptac for that lol. nor to i need 18 ar mags, 5 knives, 3 surefire lights and $250 boots on a deployment like these CAB-chasing reddie-rangers do.

Alex hit nail on head with his post. I'm just boisterous.

drifty240
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM
In the house maybe, but when would you ever carry a rifle with you? Also for IWB concealed carry, youll likely need 2 hands anyway to lift your shirt back up to reholster.

When i say one hand i mean you can re-holster with out having to look and use both hands to get the gun in the holster. Unless your holster has a reinforced lip when carry iwb the holster collapses on itself and it would take two hands to get it back in the holster. I can lift my shirt and holster without looking 99% of the time. Can you do that with your leather IWB ?

drifty240
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm just boisterous.

Boisterous and naive .... You asked a question about a holster and people have chimed in to give you there feelings and theory. Take if for what you want but there is no need but hurt about things and reply with post full of b.s. Thinking out side the box , trying to be prepared and giving yourself the advantage does not make you some mall ninja.

p.s. I only carry a gun with 7 rds don't need 14 .. but i do carry an extra mag in case a malfunction or the magazine fails. Weakest point in a gun is the magazine...

CleanNeon98
12-30-2011, 06:21 PM
When i say one hand i mean you can re-holster with out having to look and use both hands to get the gun in the holster. Unless your holster has a reinforced lip when carry iwb the holster collapses on itself and it would take two hands to get it back in the holster. I can lift my shirt and holster without looking 99% of the time. Can you do that with your leather IWB ?
I can one hand reholster my g19 into my non leather desantis stealth, but again, dont see an advantage to it. you need both hands to work either, at the end of a potenial firefight, i.cant imagine a few extra.seconds making a difference. Im not opposed to them, just was never a priority.

Ridachu
12-30-2011, 06:31 PM
usually when i run outta bullets in my pistol i just throw it.... hoping it knocks out the bad guy

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 06:48 PM
I really dont get why one-hand reholstering is a big deal. I cant picture a situation where id need to reholster my gun with one hand. I still want to try a supertuck or king tuk though, for comfort reasons.

One hand holstering a big deal? Hmm.. I think you need to think of some tactical, dynamic situations or take a course like mentioned above, your whole outlook will change.. I would definitly like to keep my reaction hand readily available if the situation presents it self..

A quick jerk on my shirt upwards to holster my weapon without looking, while youre on the other end moving your shirt up making sure your muzzle is not getting caught up in the holster thats being more compressed without a gun keeping it full, you then have to look down and make sure the guns sliding in the opening thats there.

In the house maybe, but when would you ever carry a rifle with you? Also for IWB concealed carry, you'll likely need 2 hands anyway to lift your shirt back up to re holster.

Many people carry a rifle in their vehicle, as stated, the handgun is really a secondary weapon system to many and its to aid in getting back to the car for big fire power (obviously, not your everyday stroll down the road).

As for one hand re holstering without looking, etc..Is you want to keep your eyes in front of you looking for more Bad Guys... The moment you put your head down you're now a target..

Would you do a speed reload looking down or even a tactical reload, or would do you bring your pistol up into your work space in front of your face so you can keep your eyes down range, why would you not want the same convenience with a holster.

I would HIGHLY look into some classes or get some more training if you really plan on carrying effectively for a defensive situation..

I have done a few classes now and let me say **** gets DYNAMIC and if you don't have that mental preparation in the basic fundamentals of weapon manipulation, well you my friend are unprepared in a world of many prepared people...

and the end of a potential firefire your hand gets hit, the cops are on their way...do you want to be the guy holding a gun when the cops show up? Or do you throw it on the ground and wait for someone to potentially come up and get you with your own weapon? No you holster that ish one handed without looking :)

DC2.2GSR
12-30-2011, 07:16 PM
i did the targetmaster course by Andy Troutman back in 2004. i understand what you are talking about. I learned a LOT before I enlisted from that class.

i use my holster for carrying. i dont expect to need anything more than 13rnds of .40S&W. if i DO, im ****ed anyways. It's for self defense, not offensive tactical ops.

I am not an ignorant gun owner. i know how to go through a situation tactically, apply deadly force, and return my weapon to its holster to do aid & litter. i dont need an $80 comptac for that lol. nor to i need 18 ar mags, 5 knives, 3 surefire lights and $250 boots on a deployment like these CAB-chasing reddie-rangers do.

Alex hit nail on head with his post. I'm just boisterous.

Like drifty240 said, carrying an extra mag is NOT about having more rounds in a sustained firefight. It's all about malfunction clearing. What happens when you have a piece of lint, fuzz, fabric, etc. get stuck in your gun or you have another issue and you get a double feed on round #3, but you missed the first two shots (which is very likely) and you're still being attacked? Tap-rack all you want, you're not clearing it unless you RIP the mag out of the gun. With a dynamic situation (not static like at the range), and with the addition of a severe adrenaline dump, the most likely situation is that the mag will end up on the ground. You decided that 13 rounds was enough and/or that it was too much of a bother to carry a backup mag, so now you lost your firearm and you only have a chunk of metal to hit the bad guy with. You're now SOL because you're too cool to carry an extra mag.

I can one hand reholster my g19 into my non leather desantis stealth, but again, dont see an advantage to it. you need both hands to work either, at the end of a potenial firefight, i.cant imagine a few extra.seconds making a difference. Im not opposed to them, just was never a priority.

Having a holster that will not fold into a pancake after unholstering your gun is simply the best insurance against a ND into your own thigh/ass/nuts, etc. Two handed in a calm situation is easy, add a legitimate adrenaline dump and its possibly nearly incapacitating after effects into the equation and tell me you can still reholster one handed with a floppy holster. No piece of equipment is an end-all solution to any problem, but you can make equipment choices that give you better advantages.

About the holster cost thing - it truly amazes me that people will spend so much money on a gun, ammo, etc. but yet they'll cheap out on belts and holsters. Are you kidding me? You spent $400, 500, 600... sometimes even 1500 on a gun but you're going to bitch about $80 for a holster and go for one that saves you $50? :bigeek: Tell me that makes sense, please. I'm interested to hear the bassackwards reasoning.

My friend bought a $1000 Sig because he wanted a very high quality gun that would last a long time. I told him about used Sigs and pointed out a few around $600, but he said he wanted the best and wanted it to be brand new. Ok, no problem. He then told me no when I asked him if he wanted in on my Comp-Tac order because he saw one for $20 at a gun show and he'll just buy one like it next time. I point and laugh at his hypocrisy at just about every opportunity.

HaveBlue83
12-30-2011, 07:24 PM
i guess we have a few people ready for some excessively large undertakings while going to get coffee in the morning....

if u need a rifle in the car and a pistol on you...maybe think about your mental state and as to why you are so paranoid. the second you whip out an AR from the trunk in a "self-defense" encounter.....oh, wait. its unloaded & ammo is stored seperately and the gun lock is on right guys? as per safe gun transporting. just blew that scenario to hell.

i never even asked about holsters! LOL. i said my $25 one is FINE for carry and self defense. then i get the "but if you have to reload/malfunctions/get to the rifle/extreme case" scenarios.

dynamic. the ability to not freeze up and adapt to a rapidly changing unknown scenario. got it.

HaveBlue83
12-30-2011, 07:31 PM
im just gonna unsubscribe from this thread for a bit and walk away. not feeling the internet arguing right now. you guys are coming off as excessive, and thats coming from a gun NUT. feel like im on ARF lol

have a nice day guys.

DC2.2GSR
12-30-2011, 08:01 PM
i guess we have a few people ready for some excessively large undertakings while going to get coffee in the morning....

if u need a rifle in the car and a pistol on you...maybe think about your mental state and as to why you are so paranoid.

You sound like an anti-gun whackjob.

the second you whip out an AR from the trunk in a "self-defense" encounter.....oh, wait. its unloaded & ammo is stored seperately and the gun lock is on right guys? as per safe gun transporting. just blew that scenario to hell. So someone wants to keep an AR in the trunk, great. who the hell cares? No one ever said they'd run to it if they got scared or they got into a "regular" self defense situation.

i never even asked about holsters! LOL. i said my $25 one is FINE for carry and self defense. you said "i dont need a $90 comptac uber cool iwb tension **** thing. hahaha.", implying that you think that a person's desire for a high quality holster is somehow funny and/or pointless.

then i get the "but if you have to reload/malfunctions/get to the rifle/extreme case" scenarios.
...because you said you don't carry an extra mag because you don't need more than 13 rounds, which is ridiculous.

dynamic. the ability to not freeze up and adapt to a rapidly changing unknown scenario. got it.
Right, dynamic is a key word in the description of a self defense encounter, meaning that it's going to be infinitely different than what you've practiced. If you've practiced clearing a double feed or any other malfunction at the range and you've held onto and reused the same mag, chances are pretty good that you'll not be able to in a "dynamic" situation. The need for an extra mag at all times is real.

You have a very anti-mall ninja attitude, thinking that everything is extreme and over the top and unnecessary, but with all of your "i don't need xxxx", "I know how to xxx", you sound just like a mall ninja.

ETA** I know you'll say that you're in or were in the military, and that you currently work on some awesome toys so you're not at all a wanna-be or mall ninja. I get that. You can know what you're doing with the hardware but still be misinformed about training and theory.

drifty240
12-30-2011, 08:14 PM

if u need a rifle in the car and a pistol on you...maybe think about your mental state and as to why you are so paranoid. the second you whip out an AR from the trunk in a "self-defense" encounter.....oh, wait. its unloaded & ammo is stored seperately and the gun lock is on right guys? as per safe gun transporting. just blew that scenario to hell.

i never even asked about holsters! LOL. i said my $25 one is FINE for carry and self defense. then i get the "but if you have to reload/malfunctions/get to the rifle/extreme case" scenarios.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/arpistol1.jpg

If i feel the need the above is can be carried loaded in my car (legally)... You have to understand all i am saying is you can't be to prepared and need to open yourself up to other scenrio's were a gun may have to be used.

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 08:32 PM
im just gonna unsubscribe from this thread for a bit and walk away. not feeling the internet arguing right now. you guys are coming off as excessive, and thats coming from a gun NUT. feel like im on ARF lol

have a nice day guys.

Sound like its coming from an "ignorant" gun owner...

Not trying to come off excessive, arrogant, etc. Its just so many people in the world of guns are naive and ignorant and turns a bad situation into a worse one real quick..

Dynamic is the ability not to freeze up? what is that? Dynamic situation does not mean not freeze up, it means a threat presents itself, you're not going to stand there (statical), or maybe you will..you're going to be on the move and moving faster than you realize..

Someone who carries responsibly and seriously thinks and trains for these dynamic situations and if thats having a 80 dollar uber cool retention holster that allows me the ability to keep my eyes down range while possibly having to holster my weapon after im assured the threats in front of me are clear to not come off as hostile myself than so be it, and to each their own i guess :/

Were all hear to help, grow, and learn from each other

Like i said there is people who are prepared and unprepared, which end do you want to find yourself on?

and stop posting that AR pistol unless you plan to sell it to me :)

drifty240
12-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Like i said there is people who are prepared and unprepared, which end do you want to find yourself on?

Just for that....

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/408651_2080796198260_1795726751_1286713_1169701740 _n.jpg

soco inspired cheek pad since last photo....

Time to change the subject :

How has winter changed your firearms training or range time ? Anyone one this board do 3gun or USPSA ?

SvicksTc
12-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Winter prep is trianing with the jacket or north face and gloves sometimes...

My winter jacket was purchased purposely for my carry it moves easily and doesn't get hung up, etc but I still train around the house and at the range..

My new edc is my SA 1911 and will be my winter/fall carry definitly well see if she makes it through the summer

And stop that..ha will be my next build

Pinkjeepin
12-30-2011, 11:16 PM
I want to get a little pink darringer :)

Munky
12-31-2011, 12:57 AM

I warned you once about trying to move in on my territory...:banned:

SvicksTc
12-31-2011, 01:11 AM
I warned you once about trying to move in on my territory...:banned:

you're tied up with the 240, let me play :) :mrgreen:

you missed all the commotion

tredvento
12-31-2011, 05:48 PM
i was at my fun shop last night, and decided it was time for a stamp. so i ordered an osprey 45 in tan, and the wait begins

biz
12-31-2011, 09:31 PM
anybody like... airsoft guns?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/bizMP3/_DSC0010-2.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/bizMP3/_DSC0026-1-1.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/bizMP3/_DSC0037.jpg

...if only they were real.

i'm actually tryna sell them for $ towards my S&W purchase i may just have to post a FS thread.

Munky
12-31-2011, 11:34 PM
you're tied up with the 240, let me play :) :mrgreen:

you missed all the commotion

Never too tied up to keep an eye on things. :wink:

And I didn't miss the commotion...I just chose not to engage whatever nonsense that guy was saying :lol:.

PhillySVT
01-01-2012, 12:01 AM
i was at my fun shop last night, and decided it was time for a stamp. so i ordered an osprey 45 in tan, and the wait begins

Nice!

16gDSM
01-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Looking to get a Ak 47 when I get the money was thinking about getting one of the two what do you guys think? I could buy a normal one with the wood stuck it's a little cheaper then these just like the Tactical look where i could add stuff and the pistol grip.

http://sovereignguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_21&products_id=309
http://sovereignguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_21&products_id=343

~Brian~
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow... looks like I missed a lot over the last few days...

DC2.2GSR
01-01-2012, 11:07 PM
got a new toy today :mrgreen:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/mlyons_5871/870shotgun.jpg

Just a plain 870 Express 7 round 18" bbl 12 ga. I added a cheap Tacstar side saddle, factory Remington sling (which sucks, but it works for now.), and I bought some Critical Defense 00 Buck. I'm definitely considering buying a different stock for it. The factory one is annoyingly long and feels like crap. I've been looking at the Hogue 12" stock and also the Mesa Urbino. It's just a matter of choosing regular stock vs. the Benelli style. If I end up doing more shooting with it like I hope to, I'll end up getting a few of the parts that Wilson offers and changing a few other things here and there as I find out what I like and dislike. The POS plastic mag follower will be the first thing to go. It already hangs up just loading the magazine.

I completely stripped it down and cleaned it about 10 minutes after opening the box. This gun was absolutely disgusting inside! I used some Break Free Powder Blast on everything and it turned a full size bath towel completely grey and brown from all the gunk. There were metal shavings and all kinds of other sh*t in there. It was nasty. I hit everything with some MPro7 and now it cycles noticeably smoother.

I'm going to Classic Pistol tomorrow to shoot it, so if anyone happens to have the day off and you want to go, let me know or just show up. I'm going up early-ish, definitely before noon.

CleanNeon98
01-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd join ya but I'll be going to Cabellas in the morning with my friend, super stoked, they have the S&B 9mm ammo I want on sale!

SvicksTc
01-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Ill be headed to Cabelas tomorrow morning if anyone is going?

Mike awesome pickup, im actually going to Cabelas tomorrow to look at some HD shotguns :)

How much did you pick it up for and how did you like shooting it today? PM me!

DC2.2GSR
01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Ill be headed to Cabelas tomorrow morning if anyone is going?

Mike awesome pickup, im actually going to Cabelas tomorrow to look at some HD shotguns :)

How much did you pick it up for and how did you like shooting it today? PM me!

Cabela's is actually where I got mine. I payed $370 + tax. Save yourself $30 and a far drive and get it at Walmart, they have the 870 Tactical 18" for $340. Of course I realized this when I stopped there right after Cabela's. lol.

Their used guns are all crap, and the new HD shotguns are all overpriced so just be careful and don't get sucked into the "gotta have it now" mode. lol.

I loved shooting the 870 today, but 45 rounds of 00Buck was hell on my shoulder. The factory stock is garbage. It's thin, so it digs in and puts pressure on a smaller area and it's hard as a rock. That will definitely be going away soon.

Oh yeah, btw - I talked to Bob at CP today about starting paperwork on an expensive metal tube with baffles inside. If all goes as planned, I'll be heading back up there on Friday to make it happen. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Got Insulin?
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Any opinions on the Smith&Wesson Bodyguard 380? My uncle is looking to pick one up for EDC, so I figured I'd poll you guys to see if you've had any experience.

SvicksTc
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Any opinions on the Smith&Wesson Bodyguard 380? My uncle is looking to pick one up for EDC, so I figured I'd poll you guys to see if you've had any experience.

Munky does if you have his number shoot him a text or a PM....or he might just be lurking the thread lately and not contributing his wisdom :(

Actually picking my girlfriend up one if she doesn't want a G19 or G26...For me it would be a good BUG, but wouldnt want it as my main carry, large hands... Ive only put a few down the pipe and same with my girlfriend, but Munky owns a Bodyguard

Mike, Ive watched my friends learn their lesson by the got to have it now mode at Cabelas...I get sucked into other junk when im there, I just like to look at their selection even though half the guys first treat me like im some young kid who doesnt not **** about guns and then when i embarrass their own ass, the tables turn :)

My girlfriend wants to go to Cableas, sooooo how can I say no to that :)

drifty240
01-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Great pocket pistol...

Good

1. Has real sights

2. Slide locks back after last shot

3. good for gym shorts, taking out trash ,walking dog or when deep concealed carry is needed.

4. Fit and finish is very good

Bad

1. Some people have had problems with laser being hard to activate

2. Were very hard to find for a while...

P.s. once again MUNky copied me had mine first.....

Got Insulin?
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Appreciate the insight, dudes.

92awdtsi
01-02-2012, 10:38 PM
went shooting yesterday, got a new stock and shell holder for my mossberg 500

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401018_2809821199963_1091719205_33103174_172648381 8_n.jpg

Munky
01-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Great gun! Super easy to conceal and shoots amazingly for such a small gun. I carry one as a BUG and occasionally as my main carry if I'm somewhere that I need deep concealment.
Munky does if you have his number shoot him a text or a PM....or he might just be lurking the thread lately and not contributing his wisdom :(

Actually picking my girlfriend up one if she doesn't want a G19 or G26...For me it would be a good BUG, but wouldnt want it as my main carry, large hands... Ive only put a few down the pipe and same with my girlfriend, but Munky owns a Bodyguard

Mike, Ive watched my friends learn their lesson by the got to have it now mode at Cabelas...I get sucked into other junk when im there, I just like to look at their selection even though half the guys first treat me like im some young kid who doesnt not **** about guns and then when i embarrass their own ass, the tables turn :)

My girlfriend wants to go to Cableas, sooooo how can I say no to that :)
Don't let Steve fool you. I have very large hands and it fits nicely. Obviously not as good as a full size gun, but for its intended purpose it fit me the best out of all the ones I tried.
Great pocket pistol...

Good

1. Has real sights

2. Slide locks back after last shot

3. good for gym shorts, taking out trash ,walking dog or when deep concealed carry is needed.

4. Fit and finish is very good

Bad

1. Some people have had problems with laser being hard to activate

2. Were very hard to find for a while...

P.s. once again MUNky copied me had mine first.....

^^^What she said...minus the last part. :lol:

Munky
01-03-2012, 12:42 AM
And screw you guys for going to Cabela's on my day off :lol: My pizza shop is less than 2 mins from there. I would come out but I have court in the morning. :(

CleanNeon98
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I got 1000 rounds of s&b 9mm. Guns were expensive and they were out of theking tuk for my 19 :(

99corvette
01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Cabela's is actually where I got mine. I payed $370 + tax. Save yourself $30 and a far drive and get it at Walmart, they have the 870 Tactical 18" for $340. Of course I realized this when I stopped there right after Cabela's. lol.

Their used guns are all crap, and the new HD shotguns are all overpriced so just be careful and don't get sucked into the "gotta have it now" mode. lol.

I loved shooting the 870 today, but 45 rounds of 00Buck was hell on my shoulder. The factory stock is garbage. It's thin, so it digs in and puts pressure on a smaller area and it's hard as a rock. That will definitely be going away soon.

Oh yeah, btw - I talked to Bob at CP today about starting paperwork on an expensive metal tube with baffles inside. If all goes as planned, I'll be heading back up there on Friday to make it happen. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

nice what kind of can you looking to get?

Munky
01-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I got 1000 rounds of s&b 9mm. Guns were expensive and they were out of theking tuk for my 19 :(

That's because out of spite I went there and bought all the king tuk's for G19's first thing this morning!!! :mrgreen: I keeeed I keeeed!!! I don't drive up there unless it's for work and that's 7 days a week. :mad:

DC2.2GSR
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
nice what kind of can you looking to get?

YHM 7.62 Phantom with the quick disconnect. I'm at about the mid point of researching and learning all I need to know to build a nice Rem 700 in .308, so I want to get the paperwork in and started right away. I've been hearing horrible things about 6 month wait times right now, so I figured I had better get the ball rolling ASAP. If I can have the complete rifle w/can and optic by July-ish I'll be happy and "on schedule" for the time I've decided on giving myself to gather the funds, etc.

CleanNeon98
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
That's because out of spite I went there and bought all the king tuk's for G19's first thing this morning!!! :mrgreen: I keeeed I keeeed!!! I don't drive up there unless it's for work and that's 7 days a week. :mad:
I just ordered one on amazon, through optics planet or sokething. 59 shipped.
The s&b was quite a deal, $200 for 1000. They probbably have none left, I got one of the last 2.

SvicksTc
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
They had no more S&B 9mm, but i did see a King Tuk for the G19 :p, soooo haha thats what you get taking all the 9mm

Well ill be in the market for a Bodyguard .380 we checked them out again today and although my girlfriend would rather have a G19, this more realistic for her lifestyle (size and baggage wise ha)

They had a few used Bodyguards both for 325 which is not bad at all, but i refuse to give that place any of my money in terms of firearm sales (assholes)

Once again I absolutely cannot stand the people who work at Cabelas...they lacking knowledge hardcore and I actually grabbed a kid away from the counter and offered him some real advice on buying his first handgun for concealed carry....

Got Insulin?
01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Sorry, BUG?

Munky
01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Sorry, BUG?

Back Up Gun as in a secondary pistol in case your primary malfunctions or you run out of ammo for it. :thumbup:

Munky
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
They had no more S&B 9mm, but i did see a King Tuk for the G19 :p, soooo haha thats what you get taking all the 9mm

Well ill be in the market for a Bodyguard .380 we checked them out again today and although my girlfriend would rather have a G19, this more realistic for her lifestyle (size and baggage wise ha)

They had a few used Bodyguards both for 325 which is not bad at all, but i refuse to give that place any of my money in terms of firearm sales (assholes)

Once again I absolutely cannot stand the people who work at Cabelas...they lacking knowledge hardcore and I actually grabbed a kid away from the counter and offered him some real advice on buying his first handgun for concealed carry....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Smilies/slowclap.gif

I dunno if I posted about my most recent experience with Cabela's & selling my 1911 but let me tell you...it's going to be a cold f*cking day in hell before I ever give them another cent towards firearms. :mad:

SvicksTc
01-03-2012, 09:12 PM
No, I dont think you posted it up....

But everytime ive been there with friends who want to go get a gun or something, after i explain to them how they act, treat you, and the horrible service, etc well we head off anyway and I damn near get into spats with employees behind the counter regularly when i go there.. I see them taking advantage of people, or trying to sell them junk as a first gun because they dont know any better, I just cant stand there and not say anything with all their arrogant attitudes...

They allll lack knowledge on the majority of the guns in the case or sitting behind them, and I mean people are dropping dough at this place, you think they would be treating you at least like a human being...

However, I must say majority of the other employees Ive had contact with in other departments I was quite satisfied.

Like i said I wanted to get that SW bodyguard today for 325, but screw them for realzzzz

oh and ya BUG is Back Up Gun, just an uber cool word people use who have Uber cool retention holsters ;) (we know you're lurking)

Munky
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Oh trust me I agree 100%!!! My last incident there wasn't pretty but one of the many highlights included me flipping out on the guy handling my transfer and telling him that if he pointed my gun at me again I was going to drag him over the counter and beat the ever loving **** out of him. His response was "it's not loaded & I could have you thrown out for that comment". I told him to go ahead because by the time any officers got there I would have beat it into him to never point a gun at someone again. :rofl:

SvicksTc
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh trust me I agree 100%!!! My last incident there wasn't pretty but one of the many highlights included me flipping out on the guy handling my transfer and telling him that if he pointed my gun at me again I was going to drag him over the counter and beat the ever loving **** out of him. His response was "it's not loaded & I could have you thrown out for that comment". I told him to go ahead because by the time any officers got there I would have beat it into him to never point a gun at someone again. :rofl:

To say im surprised would be a lie, similar incident happened to me today, but a guy was handling a shotgun next to me and my girlfriend and I told him politely to point it at the ground or somewhere other than our direction, and what do you know the same response, "Geez, its not loaded"

I wanted to say, "well the .45 on my hip is" But knew that would definitely not have been a good response so i bite my tongue

On a positive note, if you picked up on it...Ya my girlfriend finally wants to pick up a CCW...say what? haha

99corvette
01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
YHM 7.62 Phantom with the quick disconnect. I'm at about the mid point of researching and learning all I need to know to build a nice Rem 700 in .308, so I want to get the paperwork in and started right away. I've been hearing horrible things about 6 month wait times right now, so I figured I had better get the ball rolling ASAP. If I can have the complete rifle w/can and optic by July-ish I'll be happy and "on schedule" for the time I've decided on giving myself to gather the funds, etc.

nice i too was looking at picking up one of those cans. im holding off for a little to buy a aac 7.62sdn6. my dad is looking to build a 300 blackout bolt action gun. as far as the wait times, yea its crazy. im going on 7 months now, one reason i havent taken the plunge on another suppressor. called the atf yesterday, all they could tell me was i am still pending. this "new system" sucks. my transfer were taking 3 maybe 4 months before it. the atf has been getting a lot of **** from us guys in pa for this.

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I've been tossing around different weapons to get and came to a few realizations. I'm used to the feel of my Glock at this point, and I like the idea of shooting the uber cheap 9mm (more shooting = more practice = better shot placement if the need arises). I considered the Ruger 1911 but it's hard to find and the ammo is way more $$. I also liked some of the AK47s but the nice ones are more than I want to spend, especially considering I still have the Mosin that I want to get better with first. Gonna be picking up a G26 tonight, I'm 99% sure. I went to the store with my 19 yesterday and slipped the 26 into the same holster and it just disappeared. Only dillema is if I get the 26 and it shoots almost like the 19, why will I keep the 19?

SvicksTc, you've got both, why did you keep the 19 when you got the 26?

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Ya I do have both the G26 and the G19, I personally like the G19 more, but I picked up the G26 for cheap and really wanted it for summer carry....

I am selling the G19 back to Dave in a few weeks, and was one of the reasons I picked up the G26, however, I will be picking up another G19 as soon as this one leaves my hand, I mean probably within a few days :)

I really do like the G26 and shot great..I have large hands and I use a thumbs forward grip on all my weapons except revolvers and using the G26 my hands cover the whole entire weapon and really control that recoil of the smaller muzzle and frame...I also have the pierce pinky extensions which are a must. It took some time practicing speed reloads and tactical reloads not having the size of G19 grip and got some meat of my hand caught into the magwell once or twice and learned my lesson with the G26...

If i were you, id stick with the G19 unless you just want another Glock :) Its still just as wide as the G19, however, does conceal a little better due to the "butt" end of the gun being smaller (usually what prints on a Glock) The G19 and G26 fit right into the King Tuk too.. Or get the G26 and keep the G19 (trust me, i think the G19 is one of the best carry weapons, although im really really loving how comfortable this single stack 1911 is on my hip ;)

The price from 9mm to .45acp, I try to look at it as regular fuel vs. premium fuel in reality its only a few more cents per round just as when i was comparing getting a AR and .223 prices... Im not sure how many people shoot steel case out of a 1911 or Aluminum but that would make things cheaper...

So really it comes down to what are you looking to use the G26 for and are you going to get rid of the G19 if you get the G26? AND lastly go Gen 3 :)

P.S there is a bunch of Gen 3 G26's with NS on Pafoa.org for the cheap right now, seems like tis the season people are unloading their G19s/G26's?

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Ya I do have both the G26 and the G19, I personally like the G19 more, but I picked up the G26 for cheap and really wanted it for summer carry....

I am selling the G19 back to Dave in a few weeks, and was one of the reasons I picked up the G26, however, I will be picking up another G19 as soon as this one leaves my hand, I mean probably within a few days :)

I really do like the G26 and shot great..I have large hands and I use a thumbs forward grip on all my weapons except revolvers and using the G26 my hands cover the whole entire weapon and really control that recoil of the smaller muzzle and frame...I also have the pierce pinky extensions which are a must. It took some time practicing speed reloads and tactical reloads not having the size of G19 grip and got some meat of my hand caught into the magwell once or twice and learned my lesson with the G26...

If i were you, id stick with the G19 unless you just want another Glock :) Its still just as wide as the G19, however, does conceal a little better due to the "butt" end of the gun being smaller (usually what prints on a Glock) The G19 and G26 fit right into the King Tuk too.. Or get the G26 and keep the G19 (trust me, i think the G19 is one of the best carry weapons, although im really really loving how comfortable this single stack 1911 is on my hip ;)

The price from 9mm to .45acp, I try to look at it as regular fuel vs. premium fuel in reality its only a few more cents per round just as when i was comparing getting a AR and .223 prices... Im not sure how many people shoot steel case out of a 1911 or Aluminum but that would make things cheaper...

So really it comes down to what are you looking to use the G26 for and are you going to get rid of the G19 if you get the G26? AND lastly go Gen 3 :)
My only rational reason would be to use the 26 for deeper concealment if I need to tuck or for summer, and the 19 for winter, under the jacket carry, etc. I didn't want to get rid of the 19 but I might, you interested? :wink: Gen 4 with the new spring, extractor, and ejector.

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
My only rational reason would be to use the 26 for deeper concealment if I need to tuck or for summer, and the 19 for winter, under the jacket carry, etc. I didn't want to get rid of the 19 but I might, you interested? :wink: Gen 4 with the new spring, extractor, and ejector.

Probably more than what I would be willing to spend on a G19, but can shoot me a price through PM anywho..

I tried to get my P.S through in the last message, in case you missed it there is quite a few Gen 3 G26's w/ NS on Pafoa.org that can be had for cheap sub 400 dollars :)

I had the same rational as you buying the G26, and really really when I think about it if i truly wanted deeper concealment and not just another Glock, I would have went with a pocket pistol .380 or something, but I just have this thing for 9mm Glock's so kinda used it as my excuse to pick it up haha

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Probably more than what I would be willing to spend on a G19, but can shoot me a price through PM anywho..

I tried to get my P.S through in the last message, in case you missed it there is quite a few Gen 3 G26's w/ NS on Pafoa.org that can be had for cheap sub 400 dollars :)

I had the same rational as you buying the G26, and really really when I think about it if i truly wanted deeper concealment and not just another Glock, I would have went with a pocket pistol .380 or something, but I just have this thing for 9mm Glock's so kinda used it as my excuse to pick it up haha
It would be harder for me to sell the 19 anyway since it was my first. 26 def felt better for me, maybe I'll wait till I get my King Tuk and see how the 19 feels in it until I make a decision, but I really like the idea, feel, and reviews of the 26, so I may just get it anyway to have a smaller package, I DO like more fitted clothing and it never really works well with the 19, but the 19 feels great with a jacket on. I dunno what to do! haha

I really like the look and reviews of the Ruger Sr1911 but it's VERY hard to get. And I always remember that for more "fun", I've got the GP-100 .357mag that satisfies my craving for more kick and is pretty accurate to boot.

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Ya, well pick up the G26 anyway if you just want another Glock, have a smaller choice, and another range gun :)

Im telling you the King Tuk will make a night and day difference in comfort carrying the G19....I too wear tighter fitting clothes...Im 6'0 165lbs athletic build (so shirts i wear a small or a medium depending on the brand) In the summer I print quite a bit, but the only person who notices are the people who know I am carrying (family, girlfriend, close friends, etc) The sheep dont notice a thing, however, im am curious to see if i switch away from carrying the 1911 after winter...

Could always sell either down the road if you decide you just like the G26 way better, but not bad thinking having the G26 and keeping the G19 for colder more clothed months, just remember the more clothes you add the more training it takes to feel comfortable quickly accessing your concealed weapon

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 01:18 PM
That way id essentially be shooting the same gun year round and could stay more consistent. Just don't know if it's worth another $500 for basically the same gun.

I really really would love a 1911 though, just seems to be nothing around for under $800 that I like except for that Ruger.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/images/6700.jpg

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Ya a lot of people like that Ruger, and if you're referring to the hard to get coming for someone working at Cabela's there is your answer haha..

There is a lot of decent 1911's in the 800 dollar range, but it seems as if you may be under that budget cut? If it were me id save for the 1911 you want..more of a buy once cry once type of deal..

Im telling you there are a bunch of G26's with NS for sale under 400 dollars, you really cant beat that...

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Ya a lot of people like that Ruger, and if you're referring to the hard to get coming for someone working at Cabela's there is your answer haha..

There is a lot of decent 1911's in the 800 dollar range, but it seems as if you may be under that budget cut? If it were me id save for the 1911 you want..more of a buy once cry once type of deal..

Im telling you there are a bunch of G26's with NS for sale under 400 dollars, you really cant beat that...
how do i even go about buying a gun online?

~Brian~
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Am interested in making another gun purchase. Have been considering an M&P or a .44 Mag... leaning towards the .44..

Thoughts?

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Am interested in making another gun purchase. Have been considering an M&P or a .44 Mag... leaning towards the .44..

Thoughts?

I was looking at M&P's when i was looking at the G26..definitely a great gun, only gripe for ME was the trigger (and this is probably because i am SOO use to the Gock trigger, which many people dont like also)

The question for me always comes down to, "what do I want out of the purchase, or gun?"

I personally wouldnt carry a .44mag, but would carry any of the M&P series, would i like to own a .44mag revolver for the range (heck yes) but for me right now, I would not? (once again this is my opinion)

So what do you want to use/get out of the gun?

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
how do i even go about buying a gun online?

Get on the forums, shoot someone a PM, etc just like on a car forum...and either meet in person or have them ship to FFL.. (in which you just call up your FFL and tell them to expect it, or if your odering from a compnay online you normally have to have your FFL fax documentation of FFL before they ship)

Ive done numerous transfers through people ive meet on PAFOA.org (buying and selling) just try to find someone with in driving distance, or if its a real good deal have them ship on your dime to your FFL

Never had one issue...

~Brian~
01-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Well to be honest, I am pretty set in the carry department. I have the Kimber UCII which I am still having a love affaire with and I still have my XDm, although tbh, it is just so large, it isn't practical to conceal. OWB though, it is almost a perfect carry gun.

I guess I'm just looking for something new to shoot right now. I've always wanted a S&W .44 Mag, but I'm not sure whether to get a used one or a new one. I am just put off by the cost of the new ones. I mean that's almost a grand. For that, I can almost get a really nice AR or a Browning Citori over under for clay shooting.

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Found a G26 at a local shop used for $400 and put it on hold, gonna grab it tonight! :)

P.S. It's a Gen 3

Munky
01-04-2012, 05:14 PM
P.S. It's a Gen 3

FINALLY...he listened!!!:lol:

PS...G19 & G34. Both are gen 3's and I will eventually be rounding off the collection with a G26 & G17 when funds are better flowing. :wink:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Guns2/Glock343.jpg

CleanNeon98
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
How do you like the Para? I also found a few ATI 1911s that were very affordable and from the reading I did, quite good quality and accuracy, some people have had some stovepipes and scarce feeding issues with 1 or 2 rounds of a certain make, but otherwise, they seem nice.

Munky
01-04-2012, 05:25 PM
The para treated me very well. It was originally Drifty's gun and he ran it in competition for quite some time. He never had any issues with it that I can remember either. Hopefully he'll chime in soon too. I traded it to a buddy of mine for some tattoo work because I have plenty of other guns and really wanted more ink instead. :mrgreen:

SvicksTc
01-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Found a G26 at a local shop used for $400 and put it on hold, gonna grab it tonight! :)

P.S. It's a Gen 3

Im telling you ones with NS on Pafoa.org for under 400, but 400 is definitely fair if the condition is solid

Everyone, ive been contemplating the idae of investing into some reloading equipment for 9mm and .45 hell maybe even .223. Ive done some reading but honestly not much as im trying to figure out if it will be worth it for me or not, or if i will get bogged down with spending to much on equipment and it not be worth it..

Basically would like some help on setting up a budget reloading system if possible and any help would b e greatly appreciated...I know im probably looking at a single stage press for my price range, but any insight would be great

How much am i looking to invest up front for something that im not going to get too frustrated with? Tax season is just around the corner so if i make a move ill put more research into it and then probably move on something around then once i get a better grip on what it all entails.

I was referred to this to get me started?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit

~Brian~
01-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Fap fap fap (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765798_-1_757779_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y)

Munky
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Im telling you ones with NS on Pafoa.org for under 400, but 400 is definitely fair if the condition is solid

Everyone, ive been contemplating the idae of investing into some reloading equipment for 9mm and .45 hell maybe even .223. Ive done some reading but honestly not much as im trying to figure out if it will be worth it for me or not, or if i will get bogged down with spending to much on equipment and it not be worth it..

Basically would like some help on setting up a budget reloading system if possible and any help would b e greatly appreciated...I know im probably looking at a single stage press for my price range, but any insight would be great

How much am i looking to invest up front for something that im not going to get too frustrated with? Tax season is just around the corner so if i make a move ill put more research into it and then probably move on something around then once i get a better grip on what it all entails.

I was referred to this to get me started?
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit

Talk to Drifty he reloads and from what I remember he hasn't put a lot of money into it. I think it'll weigh more on you time wise to sit around and do it rather than actual expense.

InfiniteMotors
01-05-2012, 12:36 AM
New gun, first gun, already custom gun

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g57/InfiniteMotors/c43263e8.jpg

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Talk to Drifty he reloads and from what I remember he hasn't put a lot of money into it. I think it'll weigh more on you time wise to sit around and do it rather than actual expense.

Ya I just saw on pafoa that he reloads...will be in contact with him soon

slowZ
01-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Dicks is selling them mp 22 for like 500 prob a fun gun

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Love this 26 especially comfortable while driving. Seems to be in good shape, came with 2 mags and both have pierce +1 pinky grips which i dont know that i want. Anyone got 2 stock mag bottoms?

There was someone picking up a sweet barrell when i was there.

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Love this 26 especially comfortable while driving. Seems to be in good shape, came with 2 mags and both have pierce +1 pinky grips which i dont know that i want. Anyone got 2 stock mag bottoms?

There was someone picking up a sweet barrell when i was there.

Ill trade you a stock base plate for one :) just wait til you get your king tuk

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Im down for that.

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 01:53 AM
Im down for that.

Word, let me know what you want to do want me to mail you mine you mail me yours?

Big_Jim
01-05-2012, 02:37 AM
why dont you guys just meet at a range one day, enjoy both of your side arms, and make the exchange there? sounds a lot more appealing than seeing the lady at the post office.

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Big jims idea ftw, you shoot at classic too dont you?

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Big jims idea ftw, you shoot at classic too dont you?

Classic is a little bit of a hike for me, but I am meeting up with Dave soon to sell him back the G19, and his spot is Classic...

Maybe, just maybe we could get a few people to meet up down there?

Im sure Mike, Brian, havent seen Rodder's ass post in awhile, but they were all there last shoot...

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Classic is a little bit of a hike for me, but I am meeting up with Dave soon to sell him back the G19, and his spot is Classic...

Maybe, just maybe we could get a few people to meet up down there?s
Sounds like win to me. PM me a date and time and if its any easier, we can just trade magazines (instead of swapping base plates), I just cleaned these too.

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Sounds like win to me. PM me a date and time and if its any easier, we can just trade magazines (instead of swapping base plates), I just cleaned these too.

Awesome, Ill hit Dave up tonight and see when he is thinking, then ill shoot you a PM...switching magazines is fine with me, the back of mine is just colored in white with crayon

Big_Jim
01-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Holy crap, I had a good idea? damnit, i must be doing something right. LOL

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Ya, a good idea that never seems to follow through haha..

Ill be headed to the range tonight sometime, checking out a buddies club to check things out..

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Which range do you usually go to? I don't even know where you live. By Cabelas I take it?

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Which range do you usually go to? I don't even know where you live. By Cabelas I take it?

I live in Upper Bucks and belong to Ridge Vally Rod and Gun Club, which is outdoor only..

The club im checking out tonight is indoor pistol range and outdoor ranges..

CleanNeon98
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Word, I've only been to one outdoor but I loved it.

Loving this 26 for carry, I work a 12 hour shift every week and last week I tried to carry my 19 for the day, at about 4:30 I had about had it. Here I am now with the 26 and I can barely feel it on me, the only thing that really prints even remotely when I fully bend over is the grip extension. Def happy with the somewhat impulsive buy.

~Brian~
01-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Def happy with the somewhat impulsive buy.

Sometimes those are the best kinds of purchases.. I did the same thing with my UCII and I have never regretted it.

~Brian~
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
This just re-enforces my decision to be a proud firearm owner

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/justice/oklahoma-intruder-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

SvicksTc
01-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Im telling you Alex, wait until the holster, you will be carrying both :)

CleanNeon98
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
It needs to get here, NOW. Also after more dry firing, the triggers feel different. The 26 i can squeze every time and not.have any wobble, while the 19 every time the trigger breaks the gun jerks around and the break is harder. I examined them side by side and found one difference. On the 26, there is a connector that you can see moving inside as you squeze the trigger (looking at gun from side). In the 26, it is flat, the one in the 19 has a dimple. If i file it away little by little will that cause any harm? Someone told me if you take off too much youll make it shoot full auto but i cant comprehend that.

Edit: the part i mean is the trigger bar. Should i file the edges and bump a little?

Munky
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM

And we didn't even need to use the bacon symbol this time. :wink:

SvicksTc
01-06-2012, 01:56 AM
And we didn't even need to use the bacon symbol this time. :wink:

It needs to get here, NOW. Also after more dry firing, the triggers feel different. The 26 i can squeze every time and not.have any wobble, while the 19 every time the trigger breaks the gun jerks around and the break is harder. I examined them side by side and found one difference. On the 26, there is a connector that you can see moving inside as you squeze the trigger (looking at gun from side). In the 26, it is flat, the one in the 19 has a dimple. If i file it away little by little will that cause any harm? Someone told me if you take off too much youll make it shoot full auto but i cant comprehend that.

Edit: the part i mean is the trigger bar. Should i file the edges and bump a little?

If I were you I would personally not dabble with the trigger of one of your carry guns...

CleanNeon98
01-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I want it to feel more like the 26 trigger, i dunno how your19 was but mine, every time, shakes in my hand th the break. There has to be a way to remedy that.

Looks like quite a few people on glocktalk either installed the non bumped trigger bar into their gen 4s or filed the bump down. Its basically getting too much traction against the slide and thats why it breaks so hard.

second edit: after more reading, apparently on the late gen 3s and gen 4s, in 9mm, glock used the trigger bar with the bump (which is needed for a .45acp) in all of their models to save money? General concensus is that swapping in either a gen 3 trigger bar (bumpless) or entire trigger assembly, you can get rid of that extra tension. One member reported that his trigger pull measured on a bone stock G19gen4 was 6.5lbs, higher than the old glocks.

SvicksTc
01-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I want it to feel more like the 26 trigger, i dunno how your19 was but mine, every time, shakes in my hand th the break. There has to be a way to remedy that.

Looks like quite a few people on glocktalk either installed the non bumped trigger bar into their gen 4s or filed the bump down. Its basically getting too much traction against the slide and thats why it breaks so hard.

second edit: after more reading, apparently on the late gen 3s and gen 4s, in 9mm, glock used the trigger bar with the bump (which is needed for a .45acp) in all of their models to save money? General concensus is that swapping in either a gen 3 trigger bar (bumpless) or entire trigger assembly, you can get rid of that extra tension. One member reported that his trigger pull measured on a bone stock G19gen4 was 6.5lbs, higher than the old glocks.

I was just going to say before i saw your edit, I have a Gen 3 G19 and Gen 3 G26 and the trigger breaks the same for me, and was going to say I think they changed the connector in the Gen 4's....

We all told you to get a Gen 3 :) haha

if you want to keep it a carry gun i would either swap to a Gen 3 trigger connector, or do nothing to it at all..

if you want to make it a fun range gun, upgrade the trigger connector to 3.5lb or similar

CleanNeon98
01-06-2012, 02:17 PM
I was just going to say before i saw your edit, I have a Gen 3 G19 and Gen 3 G26 and the trigger breaks the same for me, and was going to say I think they changed the connector in the Gen 4's....

We all told you to get a Gen 3 :) haha

if you want to keep it a carry gun i would either swap to a Gen 3 trigger connector, or do nothing to it at all..

if you want to make it a fun range gun, upgrade the trigger connector to 3.5lb or similar
Bingo. This is the actual part that I speak of

Left is what I want, right is what I have
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/collegeboy-08/6bac4956.jpg

Apparently that bump causes extra friction against the inside of the slide and that's why the break on the Gen 4 is stiffer than the 3. Need to order this ASAP.

But first, I want to take them both to the range and see how I do. I've got more experience with the 19, but I am betting I'll do better with the 26 just because of how much nicer the trigger is.

SvicksTc
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm about the same with both even though I've recently got the G26, however, the only thing I've notice and it could be sheeeer chance is my double taps stack when I shoot the g26 where with my 19 then always seem about half inch apart

Like I said its probably sheeer chance this is happening and something on my part as a shooter, but ya I really like shooting them both in theory the g19 should be slightly more accurate, but I've been practicing shooting steel and I do better with the g26 when I push my speed, once again could be sheer chance or not enough data behind that to really draw a conclusion..

I must say shooting the 1911 is taking some adjusting with the novak style sights, I'm so use to that glock sight picture coming right up, where I'm still adjusting to the 1911

SvicksTc
01-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry double post stupid phone...

But maybe I should have said "coordinate pairs" above ha

Its all just probably coincidence, but if it being mental helps, then so be it the mind is a powerful tool

SvicksTc
01-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Soo I have to report for Jury Duty this Monday, this will be my first and was wondering what are the procedures about carrying into a court house.

I know you're not allowed to carry inside the court, however, do you tell them you're carrying to store in a lock box somewhere, or should i avoid carrying all together?

djb5118
01-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Purchasing a CZ-USA Canvasback 12ga. I wanted a Browning, but couldn't justify the cost for something I'm not sure I'll do very often. Hopefully the gun holds up!

DC2.2GSR
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Soo I have to report for Jury Duty this Monday, this will be my first and was wondering what are the procedures about carrying into a court house.

I know you're not allowed to carry inside the court, however, do you tell them you're carrying to store in a lock box somewhere, or should i avoid carrying all together?

18 Pa CSA 913(e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law.

Definitely carry as you normally would. When you walk in, just tell them that you need a locker for a firearm.

SvicksTc
01-07-2012, 12:04 AM
18 Pa CSA 913(e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law.

Definitely carry as you normally would. When you walk in, just tell them that you need a locker for a firearm.

Awesome thank you Mike!!!

I was pretty confident you could, just not 100%

drifty240
01-07-2012, 06:00 AM
All this glock talk has made me :sleep: and a little ill !!!!

:-p

if its not a 1911 , i **** on you !!!!!!!!!!

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-07-2012, 03:35 PM
i don't have anything fancy or as indepth as most people here. just some 22 rifles and revolver to have fun target shooting which keeps it cheap and decent 243,30-06 for when i don;t want to fedel like a little kid shooting haha
Def temping buying somthing new but i get pulled in so many different directions what i want to buy.
any gun would be mostly for target shooting and used very often

SvicksTc
01-07-2012, 04:37 PM
All this glock talk has made me :sleep: and a little ill !!!!

:-p

if its not a 1911 , i **** on you !!!!!!!!!!

Tupperware Hater :-p

Here is some 1911 love that I am so in love with :) My EDC

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7160/6651503147_110c3772e8_z.jpg

drifty240
01-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Tupperware Hater :-p

Here is some 1911 love that I am so in love with :) My EDC

I don't hate on tupperware just not currently in my line up.... I had a g36 and at sometime will get a 34 or m&p pro

Very nice... My baby kimber needs a refinish but i am way to dam hard on her....

Just got back from the Gun show... Lost of stuff i need , wish i had more money but couldnt leave without something. Micro Dot for ar pistol.... Range tomorrow.... I might actually try shooting it in a local 3gun match for ****z and giggles....

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/378452_2138770007569_1795726751_1318855_1723149840 _n.jpg

DC2.2GSR
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
anyone have a recommendation for a good suppressor shop to deal with? I've checked Clayton's and Classic Pistol, they were cool but they have no 7.62 cans in stock. Targetmaster only has one 7.62, an AAC 762-SD, but it's a QD model and I'd prefer threaded. Anywhere else? I'm really trying to find a shop that has one in stock so that I don't have to wait a few extra months while it gets sent to them.

tredvento
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
anyone have a recommendation for a good suppressor shop to deal with? I've checked Clayton's and Classic Pistol, they were cool but they have no 7.62 cans in stock. Targetmaster only has one 7.62, an AAC 762-SD, but it's a QD model and I'd prefer threaded. Anywhere else? I'm really trying to find a shop that has one in stock so that I don't have to wait a few extra months while it gets sent to them.

insite firearms

cmr076
01-07-2012, 11:36 PM
classic can have anything you want within a few days. what gun are you putting a 762 can on? they dont quiet down very well

DC2.2GSR
01-08-2012, 01:30 AM
insite firearms

i'll check it out, thanks.

classic can have anything you want within a few days. what gun are you putting a 762 can on? they dont quiet down very well

When a shop has to order a can it comes to them on a form 3, which takes 4-8 weeks depending on how fast the manufacturer or other shop sends it out. All that is before I can even send in form 4 to get it transferred to me, which is about a 6 month wait at this point. Clayton's told me a month at least until any Gemtech comes in, and longer for YHM because they're slower. At CP Bob told me "oh yeah, I can order anything from YHM no problem. It will take a while to get but I can get it." Who knows how long that means. lol

The can will mainly be for a .308 Rem 700 that I'm building, but it'll also pull double duty on whatever AR I decide to put together. I'm not expecting "hollywood quiet", so I'm not really concerned with it being perfectly silent. I may mess around with sub loads, which will be much quieter, but I won't stress about noise too much. I just want something to have some fun with. Also, a big issue for me is that few hours at the range with a .308 turns into a solid 2 day headache for me. Pistol rounds don't bother me, but the rifle rounds really hurt my head, even with good hearing protection. The can solves that.

As for the size, 7.62 is the best "one can, lots of rifles" solution. There's no sense limiting myself by getting a 5.56 model. That cuts out the possibility of 6.8spc, anything 30 caliber like 300 blackout or whisper, .308, etc.

99corvette
01-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry to say it but your best bet is to order one and have it shipped to your class 3 dealer. Wait time sucks. Form 3 are taking about a month from what my dealers/friends have told me. I plan on getting the 7.62sdn6 suppressor because its about a inch shorter then the standard aac 7.62sd suppressor. If you really want something quiet the 300 blackout round is the way to go. I can't get over how quiet that round is suppressed. There's a vid of a guy comparing the 300 blackout suppressed with a mp5 SD, ill see if I can find it.

CleanNeon98
01-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Man this King Tuk is comfy. Wearing it around work empty to start shaping today, but its lovely.

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
i want to get some new optics for the 30-06. What are some peoples thoughts. i def wanna get the farthest and clear. Not looking to spend $500 but willing to drop a decent amount
I def want to focus on this gun and dialing myself into it.

~Brian~
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I just bought a Redfield scope for my .35 rem and I am very happy with it. It is made by Leupold, so the picture is crystal clear, but because it doesn't have their brandname on it, it is not out-of-this-world expensive.

DC2.2GSR
01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
i want to get some new optics for the 30-06. What are some peoples thoughts. i def wanna get the farthest and clear. Not looking to spend $500 but willing to drop a decent amount
I def want to focus on this gun and dialing myself into it.

From everything I've been reading lately, THIS (http://www.snipersparadise.com/bits-o-wisdom/product-reviews/102-swfa-super-sniper-a-bargain-basement-optic-that-can-hold-its-own-against-a-top-shelf-scope) seems to be a no-brainer, buy it without even handling it in person kind of thing if you're looking for an inexpensive scope.

PhillySVT
01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I just shot my brothers AR he posted on this thread(99corvette). He has the geissele Super dynamic 3 gun trigger....this thing kicks ASS! I was shooting 3 shot + full mag dumps as fast as my dads M16. It's expensive but here is a vid with a SBR AR I found on youtube with one. I could not shoot my ar anywhere near as fast as his!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSs3st0e-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8HcGo1MxE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1AcEWi7hmw

PhillySVT
01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
From everything I've been reading lately, THIS (http://www.snipersparadise.com/bits-o-wisdom/product-reviews/102-swfa-super-sniper-a-bargain-basement-optic-that-can-hold-its-own-against-a-top-shelf-scope) seems to be a no-brainer, buy it without even handling it in person kind of thing if you're looking for an inexpensive scope.

I heard thats a great scope for the money!

SvicksTc
01-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Man this King Tuk is comfy. Wearing it around work empty to start shaping today, but its lovely.

Wait til it breaks in, its a good investment for the price for sure!

I actually carried the G19 today for the first time in a little...It felt right at home sitting on my 3 o'clock.

I had to report for jury selection today, and missed out on quite an interesting 3 week homicide case. It created to much of a hardship to sit on a jury for 3 weeks, but i was selected until that point (was called up to side bar to discuss hardship)

Thanks again Mike for providing me with that information!!

I just shot my brothers AR he posted on this thread(99corvette). He has the geissele Super dynamic 3 gun trigger....this thing kicks ASS! I was shooting 3 shot + full mag dumps as fast as my dads M16. It's expensive but here is a vid with a SBR AR I found on youtube with one. I could not shoot my ar anywhere near as fast as his!

ummm, lets go shooting? :cool:

SvicksTc
01-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I know this is a few days old, and most probably have heard about the Navy Seal who recently shot himself in the head, while showing a girl he met at the bar his gun.

This is just a stark reminder of simple gun safety, never point a gun at something you dont want to destroy, and be, not so bluntly, "dumb."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/05/navy-seal-shoots-himself-while-showing-gun-to-woman-met-in-bar/

Keep it safe, playa's

Munky
01-10-2012, 01:38 AM
I know this is a few days old, and most probably have heard about the Navy Seal who recently shot himself in the head, while showing a girl he met at the bar his gun.

This is just a stark reminder of simple gun safety, never point a gun at something you dont want to destroy, and be, not so bluntly, "dumb."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/05/navy-seal-shoots-himself-while-showing-gun-to-woman-met-in-bar/

Keep it safe, playa's

I'm sorry but :rofl: when I read he just recently completed his SEAL training. If this is the type of people they're producing than I'm glad I have my own protection. :bigeek:

Smurf240
01-10-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/07/navy-seal-dies-after-accidentally-shooting-himself/?intcmp=obinsite

he actually died days after he shot himself. i feel bad for a military member dying, but a seal of all people should know to safety check his weapon.

SvicksTc
01-10-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/07/navy-seal-dies-after-accidentally-shooting-himself/?intcmp=obinsite

he actually died days after he shot himself. i feel bad for a military member dying, but a seal of all people should know to safety check his weapon.

Yes its sad, but beyond safety checking your weapon, you should never point your weapon at something you don't intend to destroy PERIOD.

Can chamber check, tactile touch all you want..no gun should ever be pointed in the direction of someone else nor your own head for that matter...

Darwinism at work again

Got Insulin?
01-10-2012, 12:28 PM
So, as an update to my earlier post about the S&W Body Guard, my uncle ended up buying both the .38 and then placed an order for the Body Guard revolver shortly after. Had the opportunity to shoot both of them last night, and even though it was my first time shooting a hand gun, I really, really dug both, but the revolver just a bit more. I'm interested in learning a bit more and maybe even getting my permit, so I inquired around and apparently Pistol People in Bristol has a class on the basics. Anyone been? Any other ideas where I could learn some of the basic stuff like cleaning, local law, etc?

Munky
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM
So, as an update to my earlier post about the S&W Body Guard, my uncle ended up buying both the .38 and then placed an order for the Body Guard revolver shortly after. Had the opportunity to shoot both of them last night, and even though it was my first time shooting a hand gun, I really, really dug both, but the revolver just a bit more. I'm interested in learning a bit more and maybe even getting my permit, so I inquired around and apparently Pistol People in Bristol has a class on the basics. Anyone been? Any other ideas where I could learn some of the basic stuff like cleaning, local law, etc?

PAFOA.org

CleanNeon98
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
You can find all of the information online, especially cleaning stuff, there's numerous vids on the tube of how people clean their guns. Law is also online.

Got Insulin?
01-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Grats, dudes. Guns are something I know very, very little about. My curiosity is piqued, though.

SvicksTc
01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Grats, dudes. Guns are something I know very, very little about. My curiosity is piqued, though.

Oh boy, it wont be long til you start building an arsenal, its super addicting haha..

Im also picking up the S&W Bodyguard .380 for my girlfriend as a purse gun...

Although she would prefer a Glock, just to big for her to actually carry, so i really cant complain :)

boostjunky
01-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Newest acquisition here.
CZ75 with combat hammer, CZ Custom Shop grips and full Cerakote finish.

Purchased from EFR.

Took it out last night and put about 400 rounds through it. This gun is surgical. Worth every penny and will last forever.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/Armorsnail/IMG_20120111_161903.jpg

92awdtsi
01-12-2012, 03:38 PM

i wonder if one of those would work with my smith and wesson M&P 15-22... they supposedly have the same trigger as an AR

99corvette
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
i wonder if one of those would work with my smith and wesson M&P 15-22... they supposedly have the same trigger as an AR

if its the same trigger set up as a standard ar then it should work. i cant wait to go back out shooting again, one of the presidents of the gun club we were shooting at this past weekend came up to us because he thought we were shooting a machine gun.

PhillySVT
01-12-2012, 09:46 PM
ummm, lets go shooting? :cool:

We will have to go out to a range sometime

DaBombDiggidy
01-13-2012, 11:58 AM
not a big gun guy but i came across this and wanted to share.

basically hes a really good powdercoater over on the the srt boards and just tested out some hydrocoating on his gun... heres the resulthttp://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/YODL81/100_5666.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p319/YODL81/100_5654.jpg

DC2.2GSR
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
That looks awesome. We're getting a hydrographics system set up as soon as our shop and showroom are finished. It can't come soon enough, we're already getting lots of requests for gun stocks, bows, etc. even above and beyond the car related jobs.

SvicksTc
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
I just ordered a hydrographing kit, wasn't cheap but should be fun for the mean time...

I've been watching this stuff for quite some time now and I'm to the point were now enough about it to give it a whirl..

92awdtsi
01-13-2012, 08:49 PM
I just ordered a hydrographing kit, wasn't cheap but should be fun for the mean time...

I've been watching this stuff for quite some time now and I'm to the point were now enough about it to give it a whirl..

after you get comfortable doing it, I'd like a scattered 20/50/100 dollar bill camo on my AR. I've never seen it on one, and that would look sick IMO:mrgreen:

drifty240
01-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Home bored and decided to rework my 3gun AR. I want to get it as light as possible. Step 1. Modified Ace stock on A2 buffer tube. next will be to order a super light weight and better scope.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/408765_2166505580941_1795726751_1328301_60036178_n .jpg

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-14-2012, 05:43 PM
does anyone know any places that buy pellet guns or someone looking? got a few i wanna get rid of to put towards somthing a bit more powerful.

HaveBlue83
01-14-2012, 07:07 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b35/HaveBlue83/20b7e9b6.jpg

finished mine.

jpalamar
01-14-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm actually starting to look into a hand gun and a concealed weapon permit. Don't really need it up why not? Any advise on some entry level ones under $500?

99corvette
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Well finally got my swr trident 9 suppressor in, taking it out tomorrow. Bought a new hk today, picking up on Tuesday, let's just say my auto sear can be placed in it.

92awdtsi
01-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm actually starting to look into a hand gun and a concealed weapon permit. Don't really need it up why not? Any advise on some entry level ones under $500?

You have a whole mess of options for $400-500. I may be a bit biased, but I love my glocks. After a few thousand rds (since i've owned it) my g17 still hasn't had a hiccup. Springfield XDs are also a decent pistol. My personal experience is limited to say the least, but those two that I mentioned have worked well for me.

SvicksTc
01-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Glock, springfield, smith wesson m&p...all good mid range carry weapons

It comes down to personal preference of the little features of each make/model

Do you want 9mm, 40cal, 45acp? Or something different all together?

92awdtsi
01-15-2012, 11:45 AM
picked up a CAA foregrip for the m&p 15-22

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/391109_2898860305885_1091719205_33148970_460202952 _n.jpg

cmr076
01-15-2012, 03:12 PM
getting my baby back next weekend hopefully! I am finally caught up from x-mas! Steve, are you around?

SvicksTc
01-15-2012, 03:49 PM
getting my baby back next weekend hopefully! I am finally caught up from x-mas! Steve, are you around?

Ya buddy, just let me know what day is good for you ill make the trip down...

Cant wait to see what you do to it :-p

boostjunky
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM

CZ 52. Cheap, super reliable, built like a tank & not like a lego(sorry plastic fanboys, real guns are made of steel).

Easily attained under 300. Save the the other 200 for plenty of ammo, holster, mags, belt, new finish or whatever.

Low cost quality ammo available. Shoots very flat. Can't beat its penetration.

Here are some ballistics data.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?83361-Proven-the-7-62x25-Tokarev-Kevlar-Penetration-Issue

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

99corvette
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
picking up a new hk tonight, can't wait.

99corvette
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM
took some quick pictures of my hk usp tactical with my new swr trident 9 suppressor. hope you guys enjoy.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8283/img1717c.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img1717c.jpg/)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9295/img1715b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/img1715b.jpg/)

~Brian~
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
^Awesome. Simple awesome!

Got my Meprolights in for the Kimber today. Hoping to have them installed tomorrow.

SvicksTc
01-18-2012, 12:38 AM
took some quick pictures of my hk usp tactical with my new swr trident 9 suppressor. hope you guys enjoy.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8283/img1717c.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/img1717c.jpg/)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9295/img1715b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/img1715b.jpg/)

I normally delete the images in my quote but this is freaking awesome...

I have a good kidney, lets make the deal :)

Vidsssss

^Awesome. Simple awesome!

Got my Meprolights in for the Kimber today. Hoping to have them installed tomorrow.

Good ****, let us know how it goes

99corvette
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
well picked up a new gun lastnight, proud new owner of a like new hk sp89. gun came with 8 hk magazines worth about 500 bucks. will be sending it out shortly for a full mp5k navy conversion.

99corvette
01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
took some pictures of my newly purchased hk sp89, all I can say is wow, I am really happy I jump on this, I honestly think this gun only has one to two boxes of ammo through her. Theres no marks what so ever even on the factory buffer pad.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2554/img1718kt.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/img1718kt.jpg/)

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/2238/img1719o.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/813/img1719o.jpg/)

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2876/img1723qj.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/img1723qj.jpg/)

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/271/img1720sx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/img1720sx.jpg/)

~Brian~
01-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Going back to Bethlehem this weekend and will stop by my semi-local gunsmiths house to install the sights. He does great work and only charges $10 to put them on.

SvicksTc
01-19-2012, 05:26 PM
^^^His business located in Souderton, I forget his name off the top of my head..bring some ammo he lets you test fire to make sure you're zeroed :)

99corvette, I love your collection and would love to own an HK Navy one day...

~Brian~
01-19-2012, 09:59 PM
^^^His business located in Souderton, I forget his name off the top of my head..bring some ammo he lets you test fire to make sure you're zeroed :)

Yep, that's the guy. Sean Reed from CDI Custom. He put the sights on my XDm and did a great job, so I figured I would go back to him again.

SvicksTc
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Yep, Sean thats it!!

Like I said 99corvette, I have good kidneys :)

99corvette
01-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Yep, Sean thats it!!

Like I said 99corvette, I have good kidneys :)

Haha just wait til its converted and I put my sear in it

SvicksTc
01-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Haha just wait til its converted and I put my sear in it

Geez so you want both kidneys? Haha can we arrange a shoot in the spring for reals this time

99corvette
01-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Geez so you want both kidneys? Haha can we arrange a shoot in the spring for reals this time

Yea man I'm down.

~Brian~
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Yep, Sean thats it!!

Well now that we are getting a snow storm, it's probably not a good idea to drive home just to have sights installed. I found a guy out here that will do it for $25, so that is still reasonable I guess.

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
nothing fancy just my browning .243
Took it out today amd getting within a tennisball size at 100 yards with about 15 rounds
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/cannibalofdoom/2012-01-20112927.jpg

cmr076
01-20-2012, 07:45 PM
nothing fancy just my browning .243
Took it out today amd getting within a tennisball size at 100 yards with about 15 rounds

nice! good grouping past 25 yards are a lot harder to get than the movies make it seem! that looks like the perfect rooftop zombie rifle.

SvicksTc
01-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Awesome lever action .234, looks like a fun gun

I love shooting my dads marlin original golden A .22 lever

PhillySVT
01-20-2012, 09:10 PM
nothing fancy just my! browning .243

Lever actions kick ass!!!
I got some more HK porn incoming.....Not a sear host but something I've been searching for.

DC2.2GSR
01-20-2012, 09:39 PM
When my dad died we moved everything out of his house in a hurry, including his cheap Homak gun cabinet (not really a safe). I brought the safe to my house and threw it in the basement and I haven't messed with it since. There are a few guns in there, but nothing really good. Recently I've been looking into lever action guns for some reason, and I forgot that I still have my Marlin 336C 30-30 in that safe in my basement. The only problem is that I lost the keys in the move. Tomorrow I'm going to drill out the locks and get that Marlin some fresh air! lol

PhillySVT
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
When my dad died we moved everything out of his house in a hurry, including his cheap Homak gun cabinet (not really a safe). I brought the safe to my house and threw it in the basement and I haven't messed with it since. There are a few guns in there, but nothing really good. Recently I've been looking into lever action guns for some reason, and I forgot that I still have my Marlin 336C 30-30 in that safe in my basement. The only problem is that I lost the keys in the move. Tomorrow I'm going to drill out the locks and get that Marlin some fresh air! lol

Sorry about your father passing. Time to free that sucka! I'm looking at buying Uberti "Yellow Boy" since I will never own an original.

SvicksTc
01-20-2012, 10:20 PM

Mike, sorry to hear about your father, however, I am sure he would want you to enjoy them as a sentiment in memory of him. That Marlin is going to be awesome...

I think lever action guns are sweet, maybe its because it was one of the first guns ive shot when i was a kid!

P.S thanks for the rep on PAFOA about the job thread, you should see some of the nasty stuff i received, insane

Ive been looking at Springfield Armory TRP's recently and I think with my signing bonus I am receiving from my Job I am going to pick one up. I am just not sure if i should go with a rail or without...I am kinda leaning towards the rail, but I also think it breaks up the beauty of the gun!

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-21-2012, 03:24 PM
yeah i have an old marlin 22 lever that i shoot a lot. Just iron sights at 50 yards standing i can get em grouped pretty well. and holding 17 shots is nice haha

SvicksTc
01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
yeah i have an old marlin 22 lever that i shoot a lot. Just iron sights at 50 yards standing i can get em grouped pretty well. and holding 17 shots is nice haha

Ya I love it, its a original golden A too, in excellent condition

CANNIBALOFDOOM
01-21-2012, 08:09 PM
haa same. i def gotta take it 100% apart and give it a full cleaning

SvicksTc
01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Soo I have been on the fence about picking up a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 for my girlfriend as a possibly carry weapon, even though she wants a G19 for the range, I know long term she would never carry a gun that size, so I was juggling the idea of a pocket gun around, and the bodyguard was one of the few I liked with external safety, built in laser, and decent trigger compared to the LCP.

Well today I came across a deal I couldnt really pass up and with a some pushing from Munky, I bit the bullet on it and picked it up...Quite spur of the moment but will make for a good surprise when my girlfriend gets home :)

I think its going to make her want another real soon, aka a G19 lol.

Well here is the little beaut...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/SvicksTc/IMG_20120123_150457.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/SvicksTc/IMG_20120123_171155.jpg

tredvento
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
ill sell you a gen 2 g19

cmr076
01-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Sorry about your father passing. Time to free that sucka! I'm looking at buying Uberti "Yellow Boy" since I will never own an original.

i have ubertis web page for the yellowboy bookmarked on my comp, i really want one as well. The original ones are ****ing insane money theres one ive had my eye on for $7000 for an original, the only issue is it is in **** condition.. After shooting my buddies lever action 45lc I was dying to get one but couldnt justify it!

SvicksTc
01-23-2012, 08:22 PM
ill sell you a gen 2 g19

I am Gen3 guy myself and I think she likes the grooves for the fingers too, however, she has yet to hold a Gen 2..since it just going to be range use, shoot me a PM on a price, doesnt hurt right?

92awdtsi
01-23-2012, 09:09 PM
if he's not interested in it, my gen 2 g17 needs a little brother. hit me up with a pm if things fall through. i might also be interested.

Munky
01-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Soo I have been on the fence about picking up a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 for my girlfriend as a possibly carry weapon, even though she wants a G19 for the range, I know long term she would never carry a gun that size, so I was juggling the idea of a pocket gun around, and the bodyguard was one of the few I liked with external safety, built in laser, and decent trigger compared to the LCP.

Well today I came across a deal I couldnt really pass up and with a some pushing from Munky, I bit the bullet on it and picked it up...Quite spur of the moment but will make for a good surprise when my girlfriend gets home :)

I think its going to make her want another real soon, aka a G19 lol.

I know nothing!!! http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Smilies/paranoid.gif http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Smilies/bolt.gif

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I know nothing!!! http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Smilies/paranoid.gif http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/MunkysSRT4/Smilies/bolt.gif

Ha I think you knew before me that I was going to pick it up:supz:

P.s the girl was super stoked and were practing getting comfortable her loading, unloading, and field striping it tonight..

A little different feeling than the glock for her and normally I am the one handling the guns at the range, but she has to get comfortable with it all herself now..

And just as I thought she wants a glock now too

Munky
01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Ha I think you knew before me that I was going to pick it up:supz:

P.s the girl was super stoked and were practing getting comfortable her loading, unloading, and field striping it tonight..

A little different feeling than the glock for her and normally I am the one handling the guns at the range, but she has to get comfortable with it all herself now..

And just as I thought she wants a glock now too

Yes I did. :thumbup:

Awesome glad she was excited about it and not leery like you thought she might have been. I hope she enjoys it and if she doesn't I'll take it :wink:

Yeah takes a little getting used to but you'll have the hang of it quickly.

It's a viscous cycle and now you just introduced the one who loves to accessorize things to it...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!!! :rofl:

jpalamar
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2097945#post2097945

This is why I am against civilians being able to get guns so easy. Doesn't even know what they can and can't do.

~Brian~
01-24-2012, 04:19 PM

This is why I am against civilians being able to get guns so easy. Doesn't even know what they can and can't do.

So instead of asking persons with authority in an attempt at becoming more educated, you'd prefer them to be ignorant of the law? :bigeek:

jpalamar
01-24-2012, 04:33 PM
So instead of asking persons with authority in an attempt at becoming more educated, you'd prefer them to be ignorant of the law? :bigeek:

I'd prefer them to be required to know the law prior to getting one.

~Brian~
01-24-2012, 04:44 PM

I'd prefer them to be required to know the law prior to getting one.

Try taking your own advice...

According to you, there is no reason why you should even be thinking about what kind of gun to get until you know EVERY SINGLE gun law, right?

I want to get a taser. It just seems more fun :-)

And THAT is scary.

Take a few minutes to research taser laws while you're at it.

jpalamar
01-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Try taking your own advice...

According to you, there is no reason why you should even be thinking about what kind of gun to get until you know EVERY SINGLE gun law, right?

I am taking my advise, hense why I'm doing research on specific guns, laws, ect. before I decide to make my purchase.

drifty240
01-24-2012, 04:54 PM

So what your saying is only the police that know all the laws should have guns ? :roll: "dripping with sarcasm"

As for the post you are referring to I think the OP was talking about is last years changes to the "castle doctrine"

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Everyone has to start somewhere, you're telling me you knew all and thats why you're qualified to have a firearm?

Sometimes people do not know where to look but are interested and want to learn and need a push in the right direction, what you said is just plain dumb

As Brian pointed out, you dont seem to bright yourself my friend taking a stab at someone who is trying to get some basic legal advice on castle laws, instead of coming on here and possibly getting info from someone like you..

Go taser yourself, that sounds like fun

On a lighter note, taking my girl to shoot the new bodyguard .380 tomorrow, I just made a decent target stand for the range for closer training drills for her, since the club I am apart of the distances are little further than self defensive situations, and we can only walk closer when no one else is there...this should eliminate that :)

Ill post up some pics later when i finish it off

drifty240
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
On a lighter note, taking my girl to shoot the new bodyguard .380 tomorrow, I just made a decent target stand for the range for closer training drills for her, since the club I am apart of the distances are little further than self defensive situations, and we can only walk closer when no one else is there...this should eliminate that :)

Ill post up some pics later when i finish it off

Not trying to tell you how to shoot but make sure you have her start at like 5 feet and work up to maybe 15 feet. Like I always tell newer shooters , learning for just self defense (bug gun). If your farther than 15+ feet run away :mrgreen:

as for my gun obsession ... I might be trading one of my rifles for a new project pistol tomorrow . Custom 1911 - colt lower with Springfield slide in 38 super.

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
^ my girl has been shooting with me for over a year now and she is a force to be reckon with if she has a glock in her hand...

She is a lefty and right eye dominant and takes instructions well ;)

This will be the first trip with her with .380 she has shot 7.62x39, .45acp, .9mm, .40, .25acp, .22lr, 5.56, mm might be missing a few

She is big into shooting steel, I guess its that instant reactiveness she likes or the sounds and gratification seeing it drop ha

99corvette
01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Not trying to tell you how to shoot but make sure you have her start at like 5 feet and work up to maybe 15 feet. Like I always tell newer shooters , learning for just self defense (bug gun). If your farther than 15+ feet run away :mrgreen:

as for my gun obsession ... I might be trading one of my rifles for a new project pistol tomorrow . Custom 1911 - colt lower with Springfield slide in 38 super.

Nice, I sold a colt 1911 in 38 super a few months back.

drifty240
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Nice, I sold a colt 1911 in 38 super a few months back.

How did you like it? Not sure if i want to reload 38 super or just get a drop in 9mm barrel and reload and shoot 9mm.

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 07:22 PM
15 bucks in materials and its all done:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/SvicksTc/IMG_20120124_181404.jpg

drifty240
01-24-2012, 07:32 PM
15 bucks in materials and its all done:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/SvicksTc/IMG_20120124_181404.jpg

Here are some i made last year. I ended going with wood the pvc just was not tough enough.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/Guns/2010-08-01002245.jpg

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
^^Nice, how did it not hold up? I just wanted to be able to break them down easy to fit in my small "sports" car haha

cmr076
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
steve... buy this NOW! I promise you will love it and thank me later:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=270183303

SvicksTc
01-24-2012, 11:42 PM
steve... buy this NOW! I promise you will love it and thank me later:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=270183303

Definitely an awesome gun, have yet to shoot one though!

You know my next gun purchases :cool: :eek:

Damn your avatar...well actually its motivation

tredvento
01-24-2012, 11:57 PM
did some cleaning tonight thought a snap a pic , just some of them

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6758382727_4ef9416ab5_b.jpg

SvicksTc
01-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Is that a 5 Seven I see?

tredvento
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Is that a 5 Seven I see?

yes sir

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6734100281_8cc628b8e8_z.jpg

Munky
01-25-2012, 12:09 AM
^^Nice, how did it not hold up? I just wanted to be able to break them down easy to fit in my small "sports" car haha

The pvc broke to all hell once it got hit and became expensive to replace. Damn rookie shooters. :o The wood was dirt cheap and you could bring a lot with and replace on the fly. Plus it's easier to staple new targets into it.

SvicksTc
01-25-2012, 12:47 AM
yes sir

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6734100281_8cc628b8e8_z.jpg

Awesome, would love to add one to the arsenal one day, how do you like it?

The pvc broke to all hell once it got hit and became expensive to replace. Damn rookie shooters. :o The wood was dirt cheap and you could bring a lot with and replace on the fly. Plus it's easier to staple new targets into it.

Ya thats what my dad was saying as I was putting it together, however, I dont see myself hitting that low to hit the PVC haha...

I have a few extra pieces from the big piece i bought, can you guys post pictures of your wood setups? Are they easy to break apart and fit in the car etc?

I have the two wooden pieces coming up from out of the PVC to hang the targets from.. or did you make the entire thing out of PVC

bl@ckvr4
01-25-2012, 01:14 AM
OOhh. A FiveSeven! The thing is like a toy. Has no recoil at all. Pretty accurate too!

drifty240
01-25-2012, 01:15 AM

Acoustically, i took it to a PAFOA group shoot (waste of time) and they shot them. And then just putting them in and out of the car i think cracked them too.

Below is some fun I had at the range in the summer...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/Guns/rangenewstands.jpg

http://www.firearmstactical.com/images/Target_Stand_Components.jpg

5.7 does nothing for me... Cool pistol but if i want to shoot a rifle round out of pistol "insert picture of ar pistol here" plus I can find my ammo at walmart ..

SvicksTc
01-25-2012, 01:47 AM
What range is that?

Oh buy can your AR pistol penetrate modern day body armor? haha sorry, I hear that a lot from 5.7 owners, but in reality its a nice little package.

Just think 30rd magazine with a rifle caliber in a small pistol package that can penetrate any modern day body Armor and shoot at a good distance with an optic...things are just a little pricy right now, but hopefully with some time price in ammo and gun will come down

Munky
01-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I shot it a few times too when Drifty was trying to help me learn to transition from target to target. :( I still never got the hang of that right to left one (stupid lazy eye :rolleyes:)

Steve his were just pvc bases (as you can see in the pics) with wooden posts coming up from those. The wood just slid in at the range and popped right out to change/replace if needbe. The bases usually just stayed together but then again at the time he had an Impreza with a trunk (not sure what you're driving).

99corvette
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
How did you like it? Not sure if i want to reload 38 super or just get a drop in 9mm barrel and reload and shoot 9mm.

never even fired it. I was at work months ago, one of my co workers thats not into firearms was cleaning out his mother in law house. found a few handguns in it. ask me if i wanted them and I said yes, got them free of charge. if it was in 45acp I would of kept it. instead I got 1200 bucks for it and put that money towards a hk.

tredvento
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
the five seven is an awesome gun, and if you want to compare it to an ar pistol i can do that

-i can comfortably conceal the five-seven and the 41 rounds i carry everyday
-they both shoot the same projectile
-the fiveseven loaded with 21 rounds weighs about the same as a loaded 30
round pmag
- federal just picked up the round as a factory load, so keep your eye out at your local walmart

i have 400 flawless rounds down the tube, and it is comparable to a bb gun when it comes to felt recoil

99corvette
01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
the five seven is an awesome gun, and if you want to compare it to an ar pistol i can do that

-i can comfortably conceal the five-seven and the 41 rounds i carry everyday
-they both shoot the same projectile
-the fiveseven loaded with 21 rounds weighs about the same as a loaded 30
round pmag
- federal just picked up the round as a factory load, so keep your eye out at your local walmart

i have 400 flawless rounds down the tube, and it is comparable to a bb gun when it comes to felt recoil

I been on the fence about getting one. Prices on ammo kept me away. But lately I have seen prices are down and with federal picking up this round I might have too now. Just wondering if they come with a threaded barrel

drifty240
01-25-2012, 07:56 PM
traded a rifle for a new project - Colt 1911 in 38 super..

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/Colt38superday1.jpg

some stuff, i had laying around ....

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i211/drifty240/colt38superday2.jpg

tredvento
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I been on the fence about getting one. Prices on ammo kept me away. But lately I have seen prices are down and with federal picking up this round I might have too now. Just wondering if they come with a threaded barrel

2 manufacturers have a threaded barrel out efk and jarrvis , and gemtech makes a 5.7 specific can or the silencerco sparrow is rated for the round

SvicksTc
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Drifty, nice pickup..

Nice to hear federal is picking up the 5.7 i knew it wouldnt be long until one did and it wont be long for others to follow suit.

99corvette
01-25-2012, 09:20 PM
2 manufacturers have a threaded barrel out efk and jarrvis , and gemtech makes a 5.7 specific can or the silencerco sparrow is rated for the round

I have seen the jarvis barrel for sale before. My swr spectre suppressor is rated for 5.7 another reason I want a 5.7

djb5118
01-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Picked up my over/under today....super pumped to bust some clays this weekend!