TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Subaru Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
arthur3328
Tri-State Aficionado
 
arthur3328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Philly
Member #10945

My Ride:
93 RX7 fd3s

iTrader: (0)
Best sti tuning in tristate?

who does the best sti tuning around the tristate area for a built motor and big turbo sti?
arthur3328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
EklipzGSXkid
Tri-State Post Whore
 
EklipzGSXkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Member #4554

 
iTrader: (13)
You will get many different replies. There are plenty of different tuning places, and customer's have their opinions.

I would recommend 100%, Ray at Turbotektuning . That is my opinion. He is the only person who ever touched a car of mine and ever will, Other then myself. Everyones opinion will be different but Ray treats you like a person, Not like just another number in line. I felt comfortable with my money/car/parts around him at all times, Without ever giving it a second thought.

I've done high dollar transactions with him aswell, Without even knowing him other then tuning my car when I first did basic bolt ons and a bolt on bb 30r. When I first met him and he tuned my car, He left such a good impression in my mind, That in turn made me instantly go right back to him when it was time to spend big money on getting a built longblock, Rotated turbo kit, clutch, corbeau fx1 seats,ETC ETC.... It was 100% the entire time, Without one negative thing to say.

Not only that. He spent a whole morning/day on valentines day pulling his car completly apart, To let me make the trip to his location to pick everything up. sure, It's not a big holiday to some, But it says alot that he made time for me on a holiday weekend.

So, With that said..... He would be the only one I'd ever spend my cash with, When it hasto do with subaru's. I am sure there are definatly other great places out there, But the first impression when you meet a shop/person/ETC, Is a lasting impression that makes or breaks the future business with that person.

Last edited by EklipzGSXkid; 05-16-2010 at 12:27 AM.
EklipzGSXkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore
 
peteyturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NE Phila.
Member #1450

 
iTrader: (0)
How big, how built? +1 4 Ray
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
peteyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Member #63

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Art, are you still going with the Utec or are you staying opensource??
__________________
*I am Area1320*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
arthur3328
Tri-State Aficionado
 
arthur3328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Philly
Member #10945

My Ride:
93 RX7 fd3s

iTrader: (0)
well im kind of waiting for you ryan, lol i am really in need of a tune. when can we finish the job and do some power bragging...lol
we dont have to do dyno if its not running.
arthur3328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore
 
R22B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Allentown, PA
Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
I had Ray tune my car. He was a great person to deal with. I know his schedule is kind of crazy now, though. I believe Ryan @ AREA1320 tunes Utec and just started getting their feet wet with open source.
__________________
Half the wheels, twice the fun. That's motorcycles.
R22B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Member #63

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Art I may be able to do Saturday.
__________________
*I am Area1320*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #8
arthur3328
Tri-State Aficionado
 
arthur3328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Philly
Member #10945

My Ride:
93 RX7 fd3s

iTrader: (0)
is that a dyno or street, doesnt really matter to me but, thank you for squeezing me in.... i will call you mid week to make sure.
arthur3328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore
 
omgjacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gilbertsville, PA
Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

iTrader: (4)
Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
I love Ray! He's in Massachusetts now.
__________________
Ryan M. Sherwood
September 9, 1985 - October 7, 2009
omgjacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #10
flyers7732
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Around
Member #13464

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to flyers7732
Ray turbotek has done mine many times always pleased !
flyers7732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator
 
Ender81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Allentown, pa
Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

iTrader: (5)
Ryan at Area1320 is building my new hybrid setup so I would say stick with him
__________________
Quote:
try not to make stupid threads, start pissing matches with ppl, and for god sake DONT piss off the moderators.
Quote:
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #12
Supraru
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Supraru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pa
Member #1745

My Ride:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Rs

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Supraru
Never heard a bad thing about Ray. And knowing how Ryan does work I'd imagine he wouldn't stop tuning your car till he's completely happy with your tune. Either or is a good choice.
__________________
99' Sti
Supraru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #13
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ndubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: tristate area
Member #6107

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Precision tuning in Lakewood NJ
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Porosallstar
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Porosallstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: new jersey
Member #16157

My Ride:
2002 WRX

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Porosallstar
i had verocious tune mine, and although andy is gone from there now, I think Dan is great, no complaints from me.
Porosallstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Subie_sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

iTrader: (1)
Definately Ryan @ Area1320.
I have had the Baja tuned at quite a few places.
The best tune after one session was by Germaine Riddick (He's from TurboXS ) He AND Ryan teamed up to tune the Baja and CarbonIS' STi with spectacular results. Search area1320 on youtube to see the vids.

I had a 9:00 appointment at Precision, I was there waiting when they opened, yet they didn't touch the car till 10:30ish so although the tune was satisfactory I wouldn't go back there.

I have a few issues with Verocious, if you want to hear them let me know & I'll shoot you a PM.
__________________
Time to concentrate on the damn leaky axle & gettin my exhaust straightened.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Subie_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
arthur3328
Tri-State Aficionado
 
arthur3328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Philly
Member #10945

My Ride:
93 RX7 fd3s

iTrader: (0)
yeah ryan built my motor and there great up there.... just taking a little longer than i hoped but i cant wait to head back over to ryan. ill let you know how it turns out.
your name is Rob i believe?
arthur3328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #17
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator
 
Ender81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Allentown, pa
Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

iTrader: (5)
Arthur I feel your pain but it's always worth the wait you know.
__________________
Quote:
try not to make stupid threads, start pissing matches with ppl, and for god sake DONT piss off the moderators.
Quote:
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
Snakebite
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Snakebite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: at the track
Member #10403

My Ride:
Too many to list.

iTrader: (0)
Ray tuned my car and it runs consistent during the winter and now through the summer as well, I autocross 2-3 weekends a month with many rev limit bouncing runs. Downside he is hard to get a hold of and lives far away now.

I want my car to get the most out of it. So naturally Evans Tuning is next in line if Ray can't do it. As of now I think Jeff only tunes ECUFlash and Cobb APs for Subarus.. for initial tune flat-rate of $500(dyno & street tune) then $150/hr for retunes.

Personally I'm probably just going to go with Jeff since I know his work very well, great customer support and he can give me a great pro tune. Only reasons to go to Ray is to save a little money, if you already used him and that fact he'll tune whatever EMS you bring to him.

I don't know who AREA1320 uses locally.. since I don't think they have a in-house dyno setup, but they are not far from Evans Tuning maybe 15 minutes or less. I'm just saying if I want my car tuned I want it done by someone who's main squeeze is tuning someone who travels to teams across the US to tune.. Jeff Evans

Last edited by Snakebite; 05-20-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: because I can
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Subie_sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Center Valley Pa.
Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

iTrader: (1)
The question is, do you want a Honda guy to tune your Subaru?
Or a Subaru guy to tune your Subaru? LOL
Area1320 is THE best place to get your Subie tuned within a 3 hour drive. IMHO
Area1320 might not have a huge rep for tuning yet (& I stress the word YET)
However, Ryan won't do anything to a customers car that he wouldn't do to his own. If he thinks it could cause a reliability issue, it doesn't happen.
Best of luck with the tune, whomever you choose.
__________________
Time to concentrate on the damn leaky axle & gettin my exhaust straightened.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Subie_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
xarchiex
Tri-State Addict
 
xarchiex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mapleshade
Member #13852

My Ride:
04 subaru sti,06 zx-6r

iTrader: (1)
as ndubz stated theres precision tuning they are very well and great with their customers.cleo does get tunes
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
xarchiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tuning and Datalogging for your 2006+ Honda Civic at R/T Tuning PaleDSM (Past Vendors) 23 09-11-2012 10:44 AM
AWD Mustang Dyno Tuning at R/T Tuning!! Vince@R/TTuning (Past Vendors) 46 02-06-2012 04:41 PM
new to tristate felya589 Welcome to TriStateTuners 16 10-06-2009 09:10 PM
JNZ Tuning DSM Fuel and Tuning package deals! JNZTuning (Past Vendors) 0 03-19-2008 12:32 PM
TurboTek Tuning Stage 1 and 2 plus custom tuning Info RayArroyo (Past Vendors) 24 01-17-2008 02:32 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.