TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 AM   #1
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
TST Drivers are weak sauce? Whats up?

Where are all the drivers here?

The signup quantity has been ...err weak at best for the Tri-State Crab run. THANK YOU to the driving enthusiasts that have signed up so far. You do not have to like Crabs to enjoy great roads and you can always order chicken for dinner..

Price of gas ownz joo?
Afraid of people seeing that you can't handle a curve?
A few miles gonna hurt your car?
Girlfriend have you by the shift knob?

Wazzup people? Only the die hard drivers going on this run?

See link below for more details..
http://tristatetuners.com/viewtopic.php?t=1871
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!
 
the mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 08075
Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
I am having chicken.
__________________
My speed is only limited by my grip. Offramp Touge.
the mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore
 
smoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: philly
Member #64

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to smoger
i realllly would like to go but g/f problems here :-/

NOT that she wont let me, im sure she would gladly come along, in fact, but she's a vegetarian , and she barely even eats vegetables,.. so if this place doesnt serve pasta, pizza, or grilled cheese i dont think id want to bring her out and starve her

of course i can leave her at home but id like to have a co-driver..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
.. all car enthusiasts are welcome
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
July 30th is a ways away so that gives you plenty of time to bribe her.. ;)

I won't be running off and leaving anyone. Basically all you need to do is follow if you are by yourself. I can even lend you a Talk-About.
I have 3.

Craig
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore
 
99SL2_Modder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Levittown, PA
Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

iTrader: (1)
I'd go, but "spirited moments" = Saturn left in teh duuuussssttttt.
__________________
Quote:
my pants just ran a pop up blocker
Quote:
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Glenside, PA
Member #188

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
haha if I can sign up for the event in my Jeep I will just cut through the course and meet you guys at the finish line.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #7
Blaise
Tri-State Addict
 
Blaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Drexel Hill
Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blaise
I'm not afraid of some turns (nor am I weaksauce), but is the idea of this event to:

A) Drive in a nice area & eat, or
B) Create our own version of Gumball 3000

If it is A, sure, I'll come. If it's B, I'll pass. I'm not worried about my own driving ability, but I'm not sure how well some other folks can handle their high-power cars through turns and whatnot, especially on a public road. Not to mention the feast the police would have on a group of loud & modified cars driven by young people... it's all just a recipe for disaster.
__________________
'02 WRX wagon - sounds stock
'92 miata - gay
'99 SV650 - $700, still faster than you around a turn
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #8
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
All...

"Spirited moments" will be quick bursts of speed through a small area and waiting for all cars to catch up before moving on. IE.. a small stretch of road that is wide open with no oncoming traffic.

We would be waiting at the end of that road for all to catch up before moving on. I will have someone at the very back of the pack with a radio letting me know its clear to go. NOBODY will get left behind.

I will be asking that those that feel like they may need a few more seconds on certain roads to just allow those that may need less time to be in front of them. Is that PC enough? But all are welcome.

The only requirement is that you are able to control your car and enjoy a some twisties WITHOUT crossing lanes..

Craig
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #9
Blaise
Tri-State Addict
 
Blaise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Drexel Hill
Member #304

My Ride:
station wagon

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blaise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket_Rocket
The only requirement is that you are able to control your car and enjoy a some twisties WITHOUT crossing lanes..
95% of americans consider themselves to be 'better than average' drivers, which obviously is impossible, and leaves 45% who think of themselves to be better than they really are. This number is about the same among 'enthusiasts.'

Not to offend anyone, but I doubt that even half of the people driving these cars have ever gone to a performance driving school, autocross, or anything other than messing around on the street where they can't learn the limits of their car.

Again, I fully endorse your event, it sounds like a ton of fun, but I'm just telling you why perhaps you dont have more people signed up, and it's not because they're not 'hardcore' enough. I guess I could come and stay at the back of the pack, but I know I wouldn't be able to control myself.. ;)
__________________
'02 WRX wagon - sounds stock
'92 miata - gay
'99 SV650 - $700, still faster than you around a turn
'08 Super Duke - mother of god
Blaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:44 AM   #10
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
I'm not afraid of some turns (nor am I weaksauce), but is the idea of this event to:

A) Drive in a nice area & eat, or
B) Create our own version of Gumball 3000

If it is A, sure, I'll come. If it's B, I'll pass. I'm not worried about my own driving ability, but I'm not sure how well some other folks can handle their high-power cars through turns and whatnot, especially on a public road. Not to mention the feast the police would have on a group of loud & modified cars driven by young people... it's all just a recipe for disaster.
Speaking from LOTS of experience with doing this.. The only recipe being servied up here will be good times.

I have put together about 30 runs for the different clubs I belong or have belonged to. That is no exaggeration. Guess how many we have gotten pulled over for or had an accident on... I'll save you the trouble.. Z E R O... My largest included a whopping 63 MINIs through Bucks County, PA

Weak sauce refers to desire to participate not driving ability. Driving enthusiasts simply means those that enjoy driving nice roads. No SCCA license required..

So to answer your question.. this run does not simply fall into your A or B categories. I would call this C Nice scenic roads that will for the most part be driven at a very very reasonable pace. There will be one or two roads with a short squirt of speed if you choose to take advantage. Nobody will be left behind. I have mileage and turn by turn directions, I know which roads are better then others.
Nobody has to participate in said squirts if they choose not to. Again, nobody will be left behind. My "Sweeper" will ensure this.

Before every run I put together, there is a drivers meeting where rules are discussed.

I am more then confident that this run will be a success without incident if everyone follows the guidelines given during the drivers meeting.

This is definately NOT a race! But if people think you can pick flowers along the way that would not be correct either.

So let me know if you still want to go. Would be nice to have you there.
<BTW I still need an email from you..I posted in the drive thread but never heard from ya>

Craig
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #11
OutOfStock
Tri-State Post Whore
 
OutOfStock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southampton/Shippensburg, Pa
Member #25

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to OutOfStock
Im trying to get a car so i can go lol. The slowkota wouldnt be able to handle one bit
__________________
I hate my car
OutOfStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
Blaise,

Thanks for your input!.. I am sure that anyone that attends will fully understand the time, energy, and attention to detail that has been put into this drive. Not only to ensure everyone has a fun time but to also to promote safety.

The purpose of this event and level of driving skill for this event have been covered. Anyone that has questions should read the entire event thread. Safety for all involved and the residents / pedestrians/ drivers in all areas we will be driving is extreamly important and being prepared for. The very best way for anyone to promote the safety of the run along with me is to follow instructions and bring a two way radio as their confirmation email suggests.

I truly believe anyone that wants to attend will have a fun safe day! Bring your Yugo or bring your Evo, just leave home without the EGO!

C~
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
Blaise,

Thanks for your input!.. I am sure that anyone that attends will fully understand the time, energy, and attention to detail that has been put into this drive. Not only to ensure everyone has a fun time but to also to promote safety.

The purpose of this event and level of driving skill for this event have been covered. Anyone that has questions should read the entire event thread. Safety for all involved and the residents / pedestrians/ drivers in all areas we will be driving is extreamly important and being prepared for. The very best way for anyone to promote the safety of the run along with me is to follow instructions and bring a two way radio as their confirmation email suggests.

I truly believe anyone that wants to attend will have a fun safe day! Bring your Yugo or bring your Evo, just leave home without the EGO!

C~
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #14
SilverTurboRidin
Tri-State Post Whore
 
SilverTurboRidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: L-town PA
Member #197

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurboRidin Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurboRidin
Hey craig we might be interested but we are planning it by year
__________________
Uhh used to be my dog you was in my left titty
Scream RYDE OR DIE I thought you would die wit me
Found out you a bitch you can't even ryde wit me
Now it's a war you ain't on the side wit me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SilverTurboRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #15
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
Understandable and I can see more folks signing up as time gets closer.

I am just trying to yank a little chain to get some participation. ;)

Email me once you know and I will get you set up with everything you need to know.

Craig
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
SilverTurboRidin
Tri-State Post Whore
 
SilverTurboRidin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: L-town PA
Member #197

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurboRidin Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurboRidin
No problem.... Now will you be supporting the mopar or mini for this event..thats the real question
__________________
Uhh used to be my dog you was in my left titty
Scream RYDE OR DIE I thought you would die wit me
Found out you a bitch you can't even ryde wit me
Now it's a war you ain't on the side wit me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
SilverTurboRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:30 PM   #17
Pocket_Rocket
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Pocket_Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the moment.
Member #192

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Pocket_Rocket
Not sure yet.. have not really given it much thought. Whatever has more gas at the time?

Craig
__________________
2009 Laser Blue MINI John Cooper Works
1986 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo
1997 Arctic Silver BMW Z3 1.9 Supercharged
2001 Inferno Red Chrysler PT Cruiser 5spd
Pocket_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red sauce... on pasta.... Snatchback Off-Topic 52 04-12-2007 08:20 PM
A1 Steak sauce bottle catch can! Drftpretty Engine Performance 26 02-05-2007 06:36 PM
Insane Car Crash!!! Not for the weak stomach! 90gsx Off-Topic 6 09-06-2006 11:28 PM
2 tigers vs. 1 weak man PotenzaSub Off-Topic 3 08-12-2006 09:54 AM
Weak tranmission? SUB2.5RS Subaru Talk 11 03-17-2006 12:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.