TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #2141
Tiny
Tri-State Addict
 
Tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Member #469

 
iTrader: (0)
Wait, let me get this straight.

You fixed your car to run more power then stock.
You kept the drivetrain, that was designed for stock power, the same.
Drivetrain failed.


Uh, what is the fight about again?
__________________
Charger SRT8(mine) --- Diablo Tune, T-Stat, SLP exhaust, and custom intake. Slower then a cavalier, but i'm working on it.
Infinity G35 Coupe(Hers) --- Stock Touring Edition With Mad JDMZZZZ
Tiny is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #2142
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Vypurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
Mike, there really isn't a fight. Keith knows why it broke. People are just on his case about him driving the car hard and don't understand that he is aware that he broke it, and is willing to pay to play.
__________________
Quote:
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #2143
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Member #301

 
iTrader: (4)
Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
^ right.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
CarbonIS is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #2144
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore
 
RayArroyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ALBANY/PHILLY
Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
spoke to keith about 1 hour ago, old trans is out and new one is going in shortly, theres something else with it, but ill let him tell it for himself if he chooses
__________________
*formerly ray@turbotek*
RayArroyo is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM   #2145
Tiny
Tri-State Addict
 
Tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Member #469

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray@turbotek View Post
spoke to keith about 1 hour ago, old trans is out and new one is going in shortly, theres something else with it, but ill let him tell it for himself if he chooses
Hahaha. You're worse then the "I have a secret mod to unveil" people that Troll hates. Either say it or don't.
__________________
Charger SRT8(mine) --- Diablo Tune, T-Stat, SLP exhaust, and custom intake. Slower then a cavalier, but i'm working on it.
Infinity G35 Coupe(Hers) --- Stock Touring Edition With Mad JDMZZZZ
Tiny is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #2146
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore
 
RayArroyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ALBANY/PHILLY
Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Hahaha. You're worse then the "I have a secret mod to unveil" people that Troll hates. Either say it or don't.
well is not a secret its more of an issue with his rear diff
__________________
*formerly ray@turbotek*
RayArroyo is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #2147
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!
 
D Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jersey
Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to D Money
i know i know!

but I can't tell. lol
__________________
666 will never be the same, RIP big dawg! I'm gonna miss you Sherwood.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #2148
auk113
Administrator
Admin
 
auk113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Feastervilly/NE Philly
Member #89

 
iTrader: (1)
if you need any help just call, you have my new #
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
auk113 is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #2149
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Member #63

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to RyanG
A rear I also have

and Ray, I'll call you tomorrow bro
__________________
*I am Area1320*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RyanG is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #2150
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Tiny you have done nothing more than restate the obvious. I know why I broke the car haha, ive known for a while that it could happen. unlike alot of people I dont have enough time money or resources to build a trans that is currently in the car, now that I have a second trans to work with I could possibly make it happen sooner than later. Just under sucky circumstances.

The new tranny is in and works near perfectly. Shifting is like butter and I couldnt be happier. All said and done we took about 3 and a half hours to pull and drain the tranny, pull the driveshaft and axles, drain the rear diff and reassemble. I have about 30 miles on it now nothing over 4k and 55 mph.

We pulled sofar 2 large peices of what looks to be the front diff and not actually peices of the tranny gears themselves. I have a feeling when I split the old tranny I may find more.. (so for the nay sayers, the weak tranny didnt fail, just a beaten front diff.)

Also, since I never really knew how to or had the time to I drained the rear diff. I was shocked at what came out, It was a thick gooey gray shiny substance that used to be the pee yellow diff fluid. This was also followed by lots of metal shavings and some peices of the spider gears. I would assume it has been this way for a long time and might just pick up the rear diff from the same car I got the tranny from.

Over all it was a great experience to yet again break and rebuild with my own two hands (plus bun and joes lol) and Im glad to see that its running like new with such short down time.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #2151
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Easton, PA
Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Good to hear its under control with minimal downtime.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Honest_Bob is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #2152
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore
 
MuddyREX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Perkasie, PA
Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Also, since I never really knew how to or had the time to I drained the rear diff. I was shocked at what came out, It was a thick gooey gray shiny substance that used to be the pee yellow diff fluid. This was also followed by lots of metal shavings and some peices of the spider gears. I would assume it has been this way for a long time and might just pick up the rear diff from the same car I got the tranny from.
Don't worry, I've changed my rear diff fluid every 15K and I now have 120,000K on the car. I've been draining silvery shiny fluid with chunks of gear every time, and so far no issues. My rear diff drain plug looks like don king with all the shavings stuck to the magnet every time. No worries.
__________________
The original, since 1979.


<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline  
Old 02-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #2153
sherwood
Tri-State Post Whore
 
sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Member #2221

My Ride:
arggg 32, vr jetta.

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to sherwood
keith i got that diff in the garage if u want it...let me know.

and i love all the haters....i blew up 2 trans in my wrx...the second one 2 days after it was in...go ahead and blame it on my driving...a cars made to be driven..not to sit in a garage and drooled over.
__________________
666family
Off Topic MONSTER
.dub cult.
Quote:
But I am sure the exhaust is angled for back pressure to have a faster spool-up for larger size turbochargers @ low RPM
sherwood is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #2154
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
I know right! This one is gonna get the good life until the new one gets built. Im really impressed though with how nice this one feels.

Muddy does it always look like that? i havent changed mine in 47k until today. there were some scary pieces in there but when we looked at the gears inside it all looked pretty healthy. where does it all come from?
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #2155
ezdrummer
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ezdrummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: feasterville, pa
Member #3534

My Ride:
i am to embarrassed to say..

iTrader: (0)
good to hear you are mobile again keith!..if you aint busy, visit us down at the show again!
__________________
Shades Of Gray Window Tinting
automotive*residential*commercial
215-357-3001
145B Philmont Ave. Feasterville, PA 19053 (Between Street Rd and Bustleton Ave)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ezdrummer is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #2156
Tiny
Tri-State Addict
 
Tiny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Member #469

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Tiny you have done nothing more than restate the obvious. I know why I broke the car haha, ive known for a while that it could happen.
Which I kindof assumed you did. I was just curious why everyone was jumping on your case.

Ray knows better then most about me and transmissions. I went through 4 or 5 before I went with the auto.

Glad to hear your back up. Now race me.
__________________
Charger SRT8(mine) --- Diablo Tune, T-Stat, SLP exhaust, and custom intake. Slower then a cavalier, but i'm working on it.
Infinity G35 Coupe(Hers) --- Stock Touring Edition With Mad JDMZZZZ
Tiny is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #2157
Goddabob
Tri-State Addict
 
Goddabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lehigh Valley
Member #5799

 
iTrader: (14)
Good to hear everything went well with reassembly.
Goddabob is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #2158
JerseyKid
Tri-State Addict
 
JerseyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Jersey
Member #3157

My Ride:
2011 WRX Sedan

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to JerseyKid
Thats what happened to my bugeye! The front differential exploded, but the gears were flawless.


Good to hear you have her back together.
JerseyKid is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #2159
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore
 
zerioustt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member #1356

 
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
grats mang glad to hear shes up and running again, transmissions are the kryptonite to the car world.
__________________
91 300zxtt, 2 07 honda fits, 08 kawasaki MS/SE, 07 yamaha yfz 450 se

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline  
Old 02-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #2160
wishiwasturbod
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Member #5571

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
Launching would increase the risk, but I have also heard of people punching it in third and it just shredding the teeth off.
yea my friend told me the same about his car. sux really. well u gotta pay to play i guess.
__________________
2005 GDA WRX: turboXS/Godspeed/Greddy/DEFi/walboro/Carbin craft/Cobb
In Cobb we trust. E Pluribus Unum
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT: traded and missed very much
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
wishiwasturbod is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tallhamer88 Del Sol Member Journal tallhamer88 Member Journals 17 04-02-2009 12:20 PM
ok even though my Supra is for sale might as well make a member journal for it. Elusion Member Journals 16 03-12-2009 08:14 AM
EVO9's Evolution Member Journal evo9 Member Journals 16 03-11-2009 03:52 PM
Member Journal? ozthunder TST Forum Info and Feedback 5 06-02-2008 06:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.