|
|
#582 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Yeah, but I'm going to see what happens. The head did sit for a while after being torqued down, so I may check that.
I also have to take into consideration that the torque spec for a STOCK gasket on the ARP site is 65ftlbs. I'm going to call them as well as Cometic and see what they recommend/have to say since it's a metal gasket. If that fails and it gets bad, then I will pull the head and see what's up and double check to make sure it is in fact on correctly. It would really be stupid if it wasn't but with this car, it's possible.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#583 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
|
another thing to take into consideration (if you don't already know this) that all the ARP torque specs are when using ARP's moly lube. If you use motor oil for a lubricant on the head studs you have to set it higher.
|
|
|
|
|
#584 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
I used their lube when assembling the the head/block, however it wasn't much iirc, so I will be AT LEAST re torquing the head before driving the car anywhere.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#585 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Lemon lol
__________________
'99 GSX - Sold '99 RS - Totaled '95 GSX - Totaled '97 GST - Sold '67 Camaro RS - Sold EVO 8 - To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#586 |
|
Tri-State Addict
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bucks County, PA
Member #2381
My Ride: '03 Evo 8 '11 F150 Ecoboost iTrader: (2)
|
It's a bit late now but I would also reccomend torquing any MLS Gasket/ARP setup in steps...
(i.e) Say your final torque should be 86 ft/lbs. (Which it is for a 4G63, I'm not sure about the 3SGTE. But, I torqued mine to 90 cuz I know I'm gonna be pushing some boost That's usually a good idea on a setup like that, helps keep everything flat and even for a good seal.
__________________
- Joe - 2003 Evo VIII - 2011 F150 EcoBoost...When one turbo just isn't enough. |
|
|
|
|
#587 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Yeah, unfortunately it is too late haha, but as I said I'm hoping the retorque to 75-80ftlbs does the job
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#588 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989
My Ride: Toyota Celica GT-Two iTrader: (0)
|
you sure that oil is not just spilled over from when you filled it? or maybe when you took the valve cover off?
i checked your oil level after we ran the car, it was perfect. id finish buttoning everything up and let the car run for a while before determining that there is some kind of major problem.
__________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor.. To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. |
|
|
|
|
#589 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Yeah u can tell that it's coming from under the headgasket because there isn't anything on top of it, only underneath. It's a very defined trickle if you will. Not enough to affect the oil level.
Once I get the car back on the ground this week and let it run, I'll check again. I wasn't planning to retorque until later if it presented a problem since the car hasn't even been run for more than 3 mins and at the same time anywhere close to operating temp.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#590 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
So as an early Christmas present, Michelle is paying for my car to be fixed 100% by JnZ Tuning.
There are only small issues that need to be addressed. I'd say only a full 8 hours on the car, and it will be in tip top shape. The car will be up and running strong in no time.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#591 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Member #989
My Ride: Toyota Celica GT-Two iTrader: (0)
|
cool.
__________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. The accelerator on my toyota has always been stuck to the floor.. To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. |
|
|
|
|
#592 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
Yeah there's a pretty wicked tap coming from the top end, so they'll be able to diagnose it better than me. Goes away with adjusted timing or a slight increase in RPMs, but we shall see what happens. Vacuum in a solid -20hg which is great.... idles and warms up like a champ too with no leaks.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#593 | |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Member #9924
My Ride: 1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo iTrader: (1)
|
damn, you got yourself a good girl lol. that s**t isn't cheap.
__________________
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo (my only love) 1989 Nissan 240sx (my project To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. ) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#594 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
lol yeah, she's the best thing thats ever happened to me
<3. I'll just slip money in her purse every couple weeks to pay her back anyways haha
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
Last edited by DPancoast; 07-16-2009 at 02:26 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#595 | |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Member #9924
My Ride: 1993 Toyota Mr2 Turbo iTrader: (1)
|
posted up some parts for sale if you want any of them, just some random stuff for now
__________________
1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo (my only love) 1989 Nissan 240sx (my project To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures. ) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#596 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
I'll check them out! You'd be surprised how much less stressed I am now. So glad that I don't have to spend anymore late nights under my car anymore for a while.
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#598 |
|
Tri-State Post Whore
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln University PA
Member #7769
My Ride: 2012 Scion tC iTrader: (0)
|
How long did you let the car run? It has hydraulic lifters, and them being new(or even old after sitting a long time) they will tap. My BMW has hydraulic lifters and every morning it sounds like I put marbles into the engine. After the lifters sit for a long time, sometimes it takes them 30minutes to an hour to stop ticking.
Oh btw...clutch fixed?
__________________
2012' Scion tC 6-speed M/T. |
|
|
|
|
#599 | |
|
TST Ruined My Life!
|
We started the car 3 or 4 times last night and each time it ran for 20 mins or so.
When it was ticking it kept coming and going on it's own and I could also make it stop by moving the timing slightly or just resting on the throttle slightly. I don't think it's anything major, but again I'd rather have them listen and tell me now since the motor is still new and fresh and not blown up lol. The clutch isn't fixed. I'm having them do a new slave cylinder before they fill it up and I'll be dropping the part I need off this afternoon. Mark, we will drive for sure. I gotta warm the suspension back up :-)
__________________
Dan - 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days) - 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011) - 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD) - 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD) Quote:
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Bookmarks |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Washing your car in the cold | RWDTurbo149 | Exterior, Interior, and Electrical | 44 | 12-19-2010 03:57 AM |
| Ya its that cold! | whitezenki | Off-Topic | 15 | 02-05-2007 09:33 PM |
| DIY Cold Air | Erbe | Engine Performance | 6 | 03-22-2005 09:30 PM |
| my 12.4 on a cold day | evilution | Gallery | 13 | 02-01-2005 05:18 PM |