TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #29381
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by where'smyturbo? View Post
fuuuuck. I'm going to have to harass the **** out of my step dad to take care of my tires... (i get a discount if i go through him due to him being a dealer)
get a job, hippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So I quit my job yesterday and was offered a full time position back at reedmans detailing instead of part time at night. I have the job at STS waiting to start next week but I kinda like the idea of detailing full time again. (I'm excited to work there tonight, is that weird?)

I left the detail shop three years ago to kinda better myself and start a career doing something.. you know like hoping the grass was greener on the other side type thing. And in the three years I have been gone all I can say so far is that the grass is in fact not greener at all. Now if I keep on this path and work for STS I may have more oppritunities in front of me but I cant be sure.

But if I keep detailing I know I'll be happy doing it because I really do love doing it but I left because there was no where for me to progress to, I was pretty much as far up as you could get in the shop. Ive been back for three days and theyre already asking my advise on cars. And to boot, even at a slow pace in the shop doing say two cars a day, I would make more than my best paychecks working my ass off in the last eight months....

I dont know what to do.
did you detail new cars? wonder if you cleaned my car when i bought it new in 05?
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #29382
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
You bought it at reedmans? Did it have some miles on it?

I did do one that a kid bought and was paying like 800 a month for and his dad beat his ass and made him bring it back, when I detailed it, it had 2 used condoms on the floor and stains on the back seats and it had like 300 miles on it but he had it for 2 days lol.

I dont remember doing too many orange SRT4s though. Big Bill I worked with did one one time and blew out the resonator. that was funny, we were all drunk in the shop that night.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #29383
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
Susie, I'm leaving frankie out downstairs. Youre going to be home like an hour after I leave so theres no point. I'll make sure he goes out first.

this was easier than PMing lol.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #29384
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
You bought it at reedmans? Did it have some miles on it?

I did do one that a kid bought and was paying like 800 a month for and his dad beat his ass and made him bring it back, when I detailed it, it had 2 used condoms on the floor and stains on the back seats and it had like 300 miles on it but he had it for 2 days lol.

I dont remember doing too many orange SRT4s though. Big Bill I worked with did one one time and blew out the resonator. that was funny, we were all drunk in the shop that night.
haha no, mine had... 4 miles on it and was brand new. this was... end of august 05 i think... probably the last orange srt-4 on the lot ever
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM   #29385
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ASIAN JUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DelCo ;]
Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

iTrader: (1)
Matt... I know we joke around a lot, but *hugs*
__________________
[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #29386
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!
 
97TurboDSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
lol spanks
__________________
FOR SALE! Canon 5D|17-40L|85mm f/1.8|Sigmalux|580ex
97TurboDSM is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM   #29387
where'smyturbo?
Tri-State Addict
 
where'smyturbo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle, WA/Langhorne, PA
Member #5694

My Ride:
'99.5 Jetta VR6

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
get a job, hippy
haha I've been looking (since july...). but it is really kind of pointless until I get notice of when I start school (this week). Because if I am starting this year, I start classes in May or June. So I can't work a normal FT job... hah.

Been looking though.
where'smyturbo? is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #29388
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore
 
grimm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member #3058

 
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So I quit my job yesterday and was offered a full time position back at reedmans detailing instead of part time at night. I have the job at STS waiting to start next week but I kinda like the idea of detailing full time again. (I'm excited to work there tonight, is that weird?)

I left the detail shop three years ago to kinda better myself and start a career doing something.. you know like hoping the grass was greener on the other side type thing. And in the three years I have been gone all I can say so far is that the grass is in fact not greener at all. Now if I keep on this path and work for STS I may have more oppritunities in front of me but I cant be sure.

But if I keep detailing I know I'll be happy doing it because I really do love doing it but I left because there was no where for me to progress to, I was pretty much as far up as you could get in the shop. Ive been back for three days and theyre already asking my advise on cars. And to boot, even at a slow pace in the shop doing say two cars a day, I would make more than my best paychecks working my ass off in the last eight months....

I dont know what to do.
do what makes you happy.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #29389
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
id try and reel in a P/T job now before summer hits and all the kids go back to work. it will be twice as hard then.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #29390
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!
 
D Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jersey
Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to D Money
how much can you make detailing in a week?

How much can you make at sts in a week?

What has better job advancement?

It seems money is more important, since you bring that up alot. Money is good.
__________________
666 will never be the same, RIP big dawg! I'm gonna miss you Sherwood.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #29391
where'smyturbo?
Tri-State Addict
 
where'smyturbo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle, WA/Langhorne, PA
Member #5694

My Ride:
'99.5 Jetta VR6

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
id try and reel in a P/T job now before summer hits and all the kids go back to work. it will be twice as hard then.
is what i'm working on... lol skipping the gym today to apply at as many places as possible.

I've tried sending my resume out, never really gets anywhere.

People want experience for clerical positions... ass wipes the job isn't rocket science.
where'smyturbo? is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #29392
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Scapegoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: stop looking at my gold
Member #1208

 
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by where'smyturbo? View Post
People want experience for clerical positions... ass wipes the job isn't rocket science.
it is for a blonde...
Scapegoat is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #29393
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Oakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: West Chester
Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Yes it is.
__________________
Team Oakes: I dont give a ****!
Oakes is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #29394
where'smyturbo?
Tri-State Addict
 
where'smyturbo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle, WA/Langhorne, PA
Member #5694

My Ride:
'99.5 Jetta VR6

iTrader: (1)
JESUS ****ING CHRIST I HATE TELEMARKETERS! i told the asswipe to take me off of the calling list and he said "Really?! just like that?!" I ****ing screamed in his ear as loud as i could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
it is for a blonde...
I've done it. Cake.
where'smyturbo? is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #29395
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!
 
Buster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Holland Pa
Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Buster
I bet that dude laughed when you hung up.

STS has about the same amount of income as a slow week at Reedmans. Essentially my work ethic and ability to hustle would be the only thing limiting me

figure this.

STS wants to pay $9.5 plus 10% commission after $2,000 parts and labor. For a 48 hour work week. Say I make $2,000 thats 200 tacked onto my $494 before taxes... I would have to Work my ass off to make that in the position I will be in and the option for commission wont be available until after my 90 days.

Reedmans pays $10 an hour rate on cars/trucks. cars being 4 hours ($40) trucks being ($50) not counting the little add ons like pinstripes and wetsanding.

So if I do 2 cars a day, that would be a very very easy day. thats $80 labor a day = $400 without breaking a sweat
1 car and 1 truck/van $90 a day = $450 still without trying
and 2 trucks/vans a day = $500 like I said still not trying.

On a typical week before I left I was doing 600-700 take home regularly and was only doing a few extra cars a week.

Detailing has its perks but when its slow its slow, but the same with teching.
__________________
III
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Buster is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #29396
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!
 
D Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jersey
Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to D Money
go detailing, that's where the money and happiness is apparently.
__________________
666 will never be the same, RIP big dawg! I'm gonna miss you Sherwood.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #29397
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Snoozie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Member #1887

 
iTrader: (0)
Just found out my friend is pregnant. So exciting!
__________________
Ya take 'em off.


"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #29398
where'smyturbo?
Tri-State Addict
 
where'smyturbo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle, WA/Langhorne, PA
Member #5694

My Ride:
'99.5 Jetta VR6

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozie View Post
Just found out my friend is pregnant. So exciting!
...how did you know? I haven't told anyone yet... lol jk
where'smyturbo? is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #29399
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore
 
ASIAN JUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DelCo ;]
Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by where'smyturbo? View Post
is what i'm working on... lol skipping the gym today to apply at as many places as possible.

I've tried sending my resume out, never really gets anywhere.

People want experience for clerical positions... ass wipes the job isn't rocket science.
Finding admin/clerical work is a pain in the boot, I'll attest to that.

But they have a valid reason. Being a secretary might be really easy in comparison to some jobs, but depending on the job there's a lot of multi-tasking going on, a lot of self-motivated work.. depending on how busy you need a lot of self-discipline, too. Anyone can pick up a phone, anyone can write an e-mail, anyone can do paper work, anyone can mail stuff.. some people can't handle doing it all at once though, haha. A place finally gave me a chance without any previous experience this past year, and it was overwhelming at first but now it's just second nature to me. When I leave work, I feel like doing one thing at a time is boooo-ring.
__________________
[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline  
Old 04-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #29400
where'smyturbo?
Tri-State Addict
 
where'smyturbo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Seattle, WA/Langhorne, PA
Member #5694

My Ride:
'99.5 Jetta VR6

iTrader: (1)
Yeah, but I have been doing that the entire 5 years i've been in retail. Get paid crappy wages and you're expected to do everything, including the manager's job.
where'smyturbo? is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***TST's Official "Boring" Thread, Part Deux*** Buster Off-Topic 40005 12-07-2011 02:02 PM
The official "Talk me out of Joining the Navy as a Corpsman" Thread. Drftpretty Off-Topic 15 09-17-2010 11:01 AM
***TST's Official "Whatever" Thread- II*** ~Brian~ Off-Topic 21 12-17-2008 04:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.