TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast

TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/index.php)
-   (Past Vendors) (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Oakes - Detailed: 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution - jjm4life (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80066)

Oakes 05-21-2009 10:42 PM

Oakes - Detailed: 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution - jjm4life
 
Here is a full exterior detail (pacakge III) of jjm4life's Mitsubishi Evolution, ended up being a three day long detail that took care of about 95% of the problem areas Mat pointed out to me. Mat got in contact with me Monday before he left townto have the car done while he was gone, it was returned to him tonight after his arrival. Tried to be as precise with the pictures as possible, however it is difficult to capture defects with white paint.

Process:
Menzerna 203 - PC, orange pad
Menzerna Intensive Polish - PC, orange pad
Menzerna Final Polish - PC, white pad
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze - Cyclo, white pads
Optimum Opti-Seal Sealant - microfiber hand applied
Pure Carnuaba paste wax - hand applied

Before Pictures
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details061.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details064.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details067.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details069.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details071.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details073.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details077.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details081.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details083.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details082.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details093.jpg

Wheels Before/After
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details063.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details074.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details109.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details110.jpg

Some 50/50 photos, very difficult to take with a white car.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details139.jpg
If you squint you can see the different shades of the paint from the left unpolished side and the right polished side
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details128.jpg

Rear Quarter before/after
1.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details146.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details161.jpg
2.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details153.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details155.jpg
3.
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details165.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details166.jpg

Reflection photos of the finished product
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details186.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details202.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details208.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details210.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details215.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details220.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details217.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details246.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details244.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details233.jpg

Finished photos of the vehicle
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details247.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details242.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details237.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details231.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details226.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details224.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details223.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details213.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details192.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details187.jpg

On her way home!
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...details248.jpg

phate1229 05-21-2009 10:51 PM

very nice as usual, love the shots with the sun going down

The01Cav 05-21-2009 10:52 PM

Very nice! I wish I could get someone local that knew what they were doing do buff my car, The previous owner didn't believe in a hand wash, and the dealer burnt the paint in spots trying to buff it... Awesome work as always, and the white wheels really make the car jump out.

siqq subie 05-21-2009 11:15 PM

got to see it in person done... looked amazing. those before shots are horrid, had no idea it was that bad.

lagos 05-21-2009 11:17 PM

looks brand new. hope you enjoy it mat.

The Captain 05-21-2009 11:24 PM

gaaaaawd i love that car. Nice job.

Albertrt-4 05-21-2009 11:26 PM

you do a great job man, what do you charge for something like you did here? I'd love to take time to do this to my car but I just dont have the time. If you want to PM thats fine.

04AV6 6SPD 05-21-2009 11:30 PM

nicely done as usual, hows 203 compared to SIP?

Oakes 05-21-2009 11:31 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! I as well love this car, perfect combo and I got a lot of double takes and a thumbs up from a Porsche 997 when I drove it back to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertrt-4 (Post 1374097)
you do a great job man, what do you charge for something like you did here? I'd love to take time to do this to my car but I just dont have the time. If you want to PM thats fine.

Thanks man! A full exterior only detail exactly like the one above starts at $200, there are some extras to the details that can be found in the vendor section in my price outline. Requires the car to be left with me for 2-3 days depending on the extent of the work needed. Let me know if you're interested!

Oakes 05-21-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04AV6 6SPD (Post 1374109)
nicely done as usual, hows 203 compared to SIP?

Thank you sir, it's just SLIGHTLY less abrasive than SIP for OEM paint, but definitely helps with the gloss

Eclipse GSX 61 05-21-2009 11:35 PM

Such a good looking car. Very well executed.

Omar_MSP 05-21-2009 11:45 PM

gawd that looks sooo nice!

Kevin 05-22-2009 12:30 AM

I had fun beating the **** out of that thing around town after. Good times Nick! :supz:

Oakes 05-22-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 1374177)
I had fun beating the **** out of that thing around town after. Good times Nick! :supz:

lol wut? I hope you didn't drive it after I gave it back to Mat, cause then it's all dirty again.

Kevin 05-22-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakes (Post 1374188)
lol wut? I hope you didn't drive it after I gave it back to Mat, cause then it's all dirty again.

Last time I checked semen was white :-p

justinlansdale 05-22-2009 01:32 AM

that car is perfect, probably my favorite evo.

DPancoast 05-22-2009 01:35 AM

looks perrrty, good job man.. white seems impossible to clean but you did it

Oakes 05-22-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin (Post 1374197)
Last time I checked semen was white :-p

lol, touche'

CHAOS 05-22-2009 07:11 AM

you need a rotary.

Oakes 05-22-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAOS (Post 1374347)
you need a rotary.

lol I'm gonna kill you, I has one


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.