TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Dave's Evo X.

Ahh...a fresh new journal to chronicle my addiction to performance cars.

I will be signing the paperwork tomorrow for a Octane Blue 2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR. It comes with the Aero Kit, SSS Package and Navigation package. I was going to get the sport shift knob, but it wasn't as comfortable as the stocker. The iPod cable isn't special either as it just works off the aux input.

I get the Evo tomorrow afternoon after I get the STi inspected and drop it off.

Mod List:

Power:
Perrin Panel Air Filter.
Perrin Turbo Inlet.
AGP FMIC.
AGP Upper Intercooler Pipe.
Perrin Turboback Exhaust.
Cobb AP w/ AccessTuner Race.
Perrin V2 3 Port EBCS.
Perrin Stage 3 "Aggressive" Map.

Driveline:
AMS Gate Selector Bushing.
Redline MT-85 Fluid.
WORKS Shifter Cable Bushings.
WORKS Shifter Console Bushings.
WORKS Short Throw Shifter.
Torque Solution Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Support Bushings.

Brakes:
ATE Super Blue Fluid.
Technafit SS Brake Lines.

Suspension:
Perrin PSRS w/ Caster. *
Perrin H&R Coilovers 8k/7k.
Perrin Rear Swaybar.
Perrin Rear Endlinks.

Interior:
WORKS GRAB Shift Knob.
T1R Shift Boot.
2010 Cupholder Console.

Exterior:
Perrin 3" Shorty Antenna.

* - To Be Installed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 09-24-2011 at 08:10 PM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

this > every factory sti to date.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

yes, please.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Teku18
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4895

My Ride:
2014 WRB BRZ, 1992 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Teku18
sexxxy!!
Quote:
yes this is ok with me, obviously but when someone is paying and i plasma their fender open and then duct tape it shut they might get upset while i am laughing.
Teku18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
amp
Tri-State Addict

Member #5435

My Ride:
(2)RX7 and MS6

id have kept your old one imho...
amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
id have kept your old one imho...
Shoulda bought it

I made the change because I wanted something a little more grown up inside. This car doesn't beat me up, rides better than my STi did on the T2s, has a whole host of useful features I wanted, and honestly looks better.

It's just an all-around better car than my STi is. Sure, the STi has the track suspension, but the Evo isn't exactly hurting in that category itself...

Back in 2005, the Subaru was the better car, the Evo was the better performer. These days, the Evo is both (2008+ models only).

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Soon2bG60
Tri-State Addict

Member #5437

My Ride:
06 SRR WRX

Send a message via AIM to Soon2bG60
Love both, sti and evo, but that thing is sexy. mega powerplants too. seen a stock block run a 10.1 i believe, older evo, i think 05, i believe it was STMs evo.

So are you sellen the sti or not?

And the evos sexxxy.

Soon2bG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

STi is sold...dealer surprised me with the trade in amount and I took it. Kelly rocks, seriously...they did an outstanding job.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
Soon2bG60
Tri-State Addict

Member #5437

My Ride:
06 SRR WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
STi is sold...dealer surprised me with the trade in amount and I took it. Kelly rocks, seriously...they did an outstanding job.
Cool cool.

I love sti's, a evo will never sound as good, but the new evos look so much more better. And i hear alotta good things from them. any plans after this?

Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #10
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2bG60 View Post
Cool cool.

I love sti's, a evo will never sound as good, but the new evos look so much more better. And i hear alotta good things from them. any plans after this?
Thanks man

Honestly? I'm going to leave it stock for awhile...I modded the STi to the max and now I just want to enjoy a stock car for a little.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Soon2bG60
Tri-State Addict

Member #5437

My Ride:
06 SRR WRX

Sounds good man. Take car of it, dont wreck it, been seeing alotta wrecked cars on here, nice ones, too many of them too.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2bG60 View Post
Sounds good man. Take car of it, dont wreck it, been seeing alotta wrecked cars on here, nice ones, too many of them too.
Thank you dude, I'll try my best!

I'm starting to get excited haha

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 PM   #13
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
damn, trading it in modded? lets swap some of those parts out asap!

and congrats on the new car... i liked your STi more but i can understand the want for something fresh and new.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #14
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

yup, modded...haha not much i can swap out honestly, the stock parts were sold.

its ok, i understand.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
OWENthatsmyname
Tri-State Addict

Member #55

My Ride:

Send a message via AIM to OWENthatsmyname
Nice upgrade. I've always been a fan of 04/05 STi's, but the new Evo X is just tits.

congrats!

OWENthatsmyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
JDMTyler3326
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9917

My Ride:
^

Send a message via AIM to JDMTyler3326
Looks dope man! Can't wait to see you start modding it.
JDMTyler3326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #17
R_Rambo
Tri-State Addict

Member #8452

My Ride:
11' WRX Hatch

damn nice im going around to see if I can trade mine in for something new also, ive got it narrowed down to the MS3 and evo X so If you dont mind me asking (or pm me) who did you go to and what did you pay? theres definitley some deals out their right now
R_Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #18
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Rambo View Post
damn nice im going around to see if I can trade mine in for something new also, ive got it narrowed down to the MS3 and evo X so If you dont mind me asking (or pm me) who did you go to and what did you pay? theres definitley some deals out their right now
Thanks!

Go to Kelly and ask for Vic or Tito.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 PM   #19
sean3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5757

My Ride:
04 Mach 1

Nice upgrade
sean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #20
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Congrats on the great purchase. How much you looking to get for the O.Z.'s now? ;)

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote