TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Send a message via AIM to Spawne32
Project Super Slushbox: 95 Acura Integra SE SUPERCHARGED** IT LIVES ON PAGE 2

Been prolonging my post here because I havent had much to post about but we are finally making progress on project slushbox. Probably the first person ever to attempt to build a performance drag/street car using a hondamatic 4 speed but I love doing things that go against the grain of what is socially acceptable. Ive gotten absolutely nothing but hate for this project.

I have no delusions about what im attempting to do here, theres absolutely NO aftermarket for automatic honda's, so everything has been done custom related to the transmission. As she sits now the car has the stock B18B1 with the JRSC kit on 7psi with an intake/header/exhaust and it has been endless fun ****in with this thing at the track. She traps 91mph in the 1/4 right now, and ran a fastest of 15.5 thus far with the 200,000 mile motor and trans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gf6u0oW_k

The new motor though, is going to be a whole different animal. ;)

JDM B20B Engine Block
OEM Honda Crankshaft
Crower Steel Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods
Supertech 84.5mm 11.5:1 Compression Pistons

JDM P8R Cylinder Head Casting
33mm Intake/28mm Exhaust Valves
Supertech Dual Valve Spring Kit
Mild/Medium Hand Port and Polish (Intake/Exhaust Ports)
DDTECH Squeeler Cams (Supercharger non vtec profile)

Jackson Racing Supercharger Kit
MVM Stepper Pulley
Ported and Polished M45 Blower Case (Filled Silencer Ports)
OEM LS Crank Pulley

Private Label Manufacturing B Series Narrow Header (4-1 2.5" Downpipe)
3" Catco Catalytic Converter
3" VRS Aluminized Steel Cat Back Exhaust Piping
FloPro Baffle Pack Resonator
Solo Performance OE92 (Turbo Style) Muffler
3" Custom Short Ram Intake with 6" Blox Velocity Stack and AEM Dryflow Filter
CNC Venturi Ported 67/60 Throttle Body

ACURA RDX 410cc EV14 Fuel Injector's
Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump
AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
3 Gallon (4gph) Methanol Injection System on Devil's Own Proggressive Methanol Controller
93 Pump Gas

JDM MP7A Automatic Transmission
Raybestos GPXX Clutch Kit
Precision of New Hampton Street Stall Max 2800-3000 RPM Stall Converter

b20b back from the machine shop and ready to start building

painted the block gunmetal

crank installed and rotating smooth as butter with great clearances

mp7a picked up from JDM engine depot in north jersey

precision of new hampton street stall max torque converter

pistons installed in the block

more work

crane cams...mmm

thanks to DDTECH for helping me out with some massive custom regrinds specifically for the supercharger ;)

Last edited by Spawne32; 08-28-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

all that money/time into a car that will run low 14's at best..... a vtec head would do wonders
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
daewoo
Tri-State Addict

Member #13542

My Ride:
gsr civic and goped sport

Send a message via AIM to daewoo
im kind of worried about that auto trans if your making upwards of 350whp

and this isnt going to be a 14 second car
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
im kind of worried about that auto trans if your making upwards of 350whp

and this isnt going to be a 14 second car
I have no concerns about it, ive already identified all the weak points and accounted for them with the appropriate parts. Planning to only see 250-275whp anyway. At least until i decide to make the switch to turbo.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
all that money/time into a car that will run low 14's at best..... a vtec head would do wonders
a VTEC head would give me exactly the opposite of what I am trying to do, we are going for low end power. VTEC heads are designed for superior airflow at high velocity's. Im using a big valve non vtec head with cams that are bigger then VTEC cams but profiled properly for a 1000-7500rpm powerband.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
daewoo
Tri-State Addict

Member #13542

My Ride:
gsr civic and goped sport

Send a message via AIM to daewoo
thats a pretty cool pic

theres stock supercharged gsr's making 280. turn the boost up! you have a semi built motor
Old 06-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #7
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

finally got the head back and on the block

P8R head ported and polished with 3 angle valve job and backcut valves

some pics of the motor assembled with my ddtech custom regrinds

starting to look like something finally

Old 06-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
a VTEC head would give me exactly the opposite of what I am trying to do, we are going for low end power. VTEC heads are designed for superior airflow at high velocity's. Im using a big valve non vtec head with cams that are bigger then VTEC cams but profiled properly for a 1000-7500rpm powerband.

a vtec head flows more in every area compared to even the bigger valved p8r head, whats the point in low in tq with a fwd that will just spin?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Errly Dabbin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23199

My Ride:
2008 Caliber SRT-4, 1988 EF 4DR

Sweet build, can't wait to see the final outcome.
Errly Dabbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
AMF Racing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #323

Send a message via AIM to AMF Racing Send a message via Yahoo to AMF Racing
cool build. why are ya keeping it auto? just curious
09 PILOT
AMF Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMF Racing View Post
cool build. why are ya keeping it auto? just curious
Street car, DD, and to annoy people. The idea of this car being auto has generated a surprisingly large amount of hatred. As much as I can appreciate the fact that alot of the honda fanboi crowd has gone out of the way to call me a ******, pussy and jackass, among other things. I have alot of support by alot of company's that are interested to see what the trans is capable of. The community is full of myths associated with the automatic trans being weak or poorly designed, when in fact its actually a surprisingly well made design for racing. It merely suffers from a lack of proper tuning from the factory. Identifying the design flaws and getting the proper parts required to build it up are merely all that this car is waiting for atm before I put it all together.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #12
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
a vtec head flows more in every area compared to even the bigger valved p8r head, whats the point in low in tq with a fwd that will just spin?
My intent to build a car with low end torque in FWD comes from experience, lots of experience. But to respond to your statement that a vtec head flows more in every area...your welcome to think whatever you want about that, i have my flow bench numbers that tell me im getting exactly what I wanted.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
AMF Racing
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #323

Send a message via AIM to AMF Racing Send a message via Yahoo to AMF Racing
cool man. can't wait to see how it all turns out. props for being unique and sticking with the auto
09 PILOT
AMF Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
My intent to build a car with low end torque in FWD comes from experience, lots of experience. But to respond to your statement that a vtec head flows more in every area...your welcome to think whatever you want about that, i have my flow bench numbers that tell me im getting exactly what I wanted.
i commend you for going the extra mile, and it looks like its going to be a great build, but id like to know what experience leads you to want as much low end tq as possible

ive had every b series FI setup possible except a procharger and the setup that was the most fun on the street and actually had traction was the one with the least tq

fun=traction for me though
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #15
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
i commend you for going the extra mile, and it looks like its going to be a great build, but id like to know what experience leads you to want as much low end tq as possible

ive had every b series FI setup possible except a procharger and the setup that was the most fun on the street and actually had traction was the one with the least tq

fun=traction for me though
Why people have such issues with traction on honda's ill never understand. I suppose it has more to do with the fact of how most people launch their car's with bouncing off the rev limiter and dumping the clutch which usually results in insane amounts of wheel spin, bogging of the motor, and 50% of the time a snapped axle or intermediate shaft. What is one thing that you see honda's consistently do on a launch? BOG. It makes me laugh every time, guy will be bouncing off a 9300rpm rev limiter, dump his clutch, and the car drops to 1500rpm and has to work its way back up again. For starters, the automatic wont suffer from that at all. Ill be launching with a 3000 stall and a trans brake so ill be right where I want with torque on the low end for a launch and accelerate rapidly into my power band. I want a 3000-7000rpm powerband, and that is exactly what we designed the motor and cams for and that is exactly what the simulators put out.

As far as what is being planned for traction, 215-225 tires on the front, traction bars, and a phantom grip for the diff. Should be more then enough for roughly 200 ft lbs of torque. We will see what the dyno plots say after its all said and done but if my buddy can catch traction with almost 400 ft lbs on a FWD car on the street, 200 is no problem lol all depends on whether or not the low end power will be sufficient enough to get the 60 ft times down to where I want them.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #16
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

more pics from slushbox central

Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Why people have such issues with traction on honda's ill never understand. I suppose it has more to do with the fact of how most people launch their car's with bouncing off the rev limiter and dumping the clutch which usually results in insane amounts of wheel spin, bogging of the motor, and 50% of the time a snapped axle or intermediate shaft. What is one thing that you see honda's consistently do on a launch? BOG. It makes me laugh every time, guy will be bouncing off a 9300rpm rev limiter, dump his clutch, and the car drops to 1500rpm and has to work its way back up again. For starters, the automatic wont suffer from that at all. Ill be launching with a 3000 stall and a trans brake so ill be right where I want with torque on the low end for a launch and accelerate rapidly into my power band. I want a 3000-7000rpm powerband, and that is exactly what we designed the motor and cams for and that is exactly what the simulators put out.

As far as what is being planned for traction, 215-225 tires on the front, traction bars, and a phantom grip for the diff. Should be more then enough for roughly 200 ft lbs of torque. We will see what the dyno plots say after its all said and done but if my buddy can catch traction with almost 400 ft lbs on a FWD car on the street, 200 is no problem lol all depends on whether or not the low end power will be sufficient enough to get the 60 ft times down to where I want them.

fyi i had right around 200 lbs of tq in my k24 integra with an lsd and 225 bfg and would still not have traction from a 2nd gear roll

and id love to see 400 lbs of tq in a fwd get traction w/o slicks below 80mph.. imo thats not a "street" car
Old 06-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
Spawne32
Tri-State Addict

Member #20424

My Ride:
95 Acura Integra

Quote:
fyi i had right around 200 lbs of tq in my k24 integra with an lsd and 225 bfg and would still not have traction from a 2nd gear roll

and id love to see 400 lbs of tq in a fwd get traction w/o slicks below 80mph.. imo thats not a "street" car
Well that is remarkably disappointing. lol
Old 06-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #19
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
This is one of the more interesting things to read on this forum in a long while.
Can't wait to see the outcome.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #20
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Well that is remarkably disappointing. lol
A traction bar will help immensely, and I don't think you will suffer as badly as most of us turbo guys do with the traction. You have a nice linear acceleration from the torque, and that accounts for a lot less sudden rotational force on the tires. Us turbo guys spool up and hit hard, often having 100+ ftlb increases in under 1000rpms. THAT's what breaks tires loose most often, not the fact that we're making 200+ ft lbs.

I think if you take the right steps, good tires, traction bar, suspension components, you'll hold pretty decent traction on the street.

You are in fairly uncharted territory, so I guess you'll be finding out lol. Build interests me to say the least, I do have my doubts about that automatic but I guess you'll be the first to know if it won't hold lol.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote