PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Montco Subaru Dealer for Tranny Service

Chair-Force
06-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm looking for a Subaru dealer in the Montco PA area with a good service department. I went to Welsh Subaru twice for tranny work (mainly because I bought my WRX there) and each time they took forever, had an additude towards young people (I'm 21) with modded cars and did shatty work.
Any ideas? My buddy is a tech for a Subaru dealer in Philly said Kennedy Subaru has a decent service department from what he hears.

S4toSTI
06-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Why not use ur buddy... i am assuming he is at wilkie :confused:

Chair-Force
06-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Dont feel like driving to Philly.

:sleep:

Chair-Force
06-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Dont feel like driving to Philly.

:sleep:

Aaron
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Reedman now does suby's, still a hike from Montgomery Co. though.

Aaron
06-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Reedman now does suby's, still a hike from Montgomery Co. though.

Chair-Force
06-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Reedman is under new ownership, right?

I just dropped off my wrx at John Kennedy Subaru, the service asst manager seemed cool for an old guy.

I hate sitting at home with no car. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow or freaking Monday to get a rental car. Dumb Subaru dealer policies.

Chair-Force
Reedman is under new ownership, right?

I just dropped off my wrx at John Kennedy Subaru, the service asst manager seemed cool for an old guy.

I hate sitting at home with no car. Now I gotta wait till tomorrow or freaking Monday to get a rental car. Dumb Subaru dealer policies.

88gt
Colonial Volkswagen Subuaru...in Feasterville

88gt

Chair-Force
06-09-2005, 05:56 PM

what the hell is a Feasterville?

Chair-Force
06-09-2005, 05:56 PM

what the hell is a Feasterville?

DoubleOughtCel
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
It's not in Mont. Co., I can tell you that. It's in Bucks.

DoubleOughtCel
06-09-2005, 06:03 PM
It's not in Mont. Co., I can tell you that. It's in Bucks.

Chair-Force
06-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Update:
I called John Kennedy Subaru four days after I dropped it off. They said they didnt hear anything (just Welsh Subaru said) so I went to pick it up. I spoke with the service manager and said every dealer I take it to says they cant hear it. He then went on to basicly tell me that even if they heard the tranny noise, they wouldnt touch it because Welsh worked on the tranny last. So he said to take it back to Welsh, grab a tech and have them hear the noise.
So I drive to Welsh, grab a tech and for once the car made the noise at the dealership. He says its the front diff. He tells that when I took my car for service 6 months ago, which lead to a new tranny, it was denied because it was "abused". (They never told me that) He said the dealership ate the bill and fixed everything. (This explains their negative attitude towards me.) I then informed him that I only owned the car one month prior to the tranny service and I didnt abuse it. (For the record, I never beat that tranny.) He asked me if I bought it used and where from. I said,"I bought it used from your dealership."
He wasnt very sarcastic after that.
So he said to bring it back tomorrow and he would take a more depth look at it. He also said that if it looked abused it might be denied warranty and they wont fix it. So if thats the case, he said to call SoA and bish to them. :thumbdow:
I did find out from the service manager at John Kennedy that Welsh had my car three times for service since August and never once did the safety recall for the seat rail bolt. He said it was againest federal law for them to release the car from service without doing the recall. That maybe useful down the road. ;)

I love Subaru!

Chair-Force
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
Update part 39393

The dealer called on Tuesday morning and said the front vicious coupling is about to die. Joe, the service manager, said he would call SoA and see if they will cover the part. I picked up my wrx since even if SoA approved the service, the parts wouldnt be in till Friday.
Its now Thursday night and I havent heard from Welsh Subaru since our talk on Tuesday. So I dont know if its approved or what is going on.
This shizznit never ends!

MuddyREX
06-17-2005, 08:38 AM
What you are getting is called the run around. I got it from Colonial Subaru in Feasterville before my transmission warranty claim was denied.

Chair-Force
06-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I called Welsh Subaru today and they informed that they would take the diff apart but if it showed signs of abuse, I'd have to fork the bill for disassembly and reassembly even if I dont want it fixed.

Later, I called SoA and explained my situation to them. The lady pretty much agreed the car was abused by the prior owner but SoA couldn't do anything till the diff was opened. They said what the dealer told me was true. She also said since the dealer is considered a independant franchise of Subaru, I would have to work out the bill issue with Welsh Subaru, not SoA, unless the diff doesnt show signs of abuse. I really dont need them to open it since we all know its broken from abuse by the prior owner so I'm kind of screwed here.
The question is, if I got my lawyer involved, would I just be wasting my time?
A friend of mine who is a tech at Firestone said he would do the replacement for just parts cost but he hasnt work on any Subaru trannys before.

MuddyREX
06-17-2005, 10:40 PM
The question is, if I got my lawyer involved, would I just be wasting my time?

Most likely, sonce the diff shows signs of abuse. It doesn't matter if you did it or not, they can not be responsible for someone whipping the crap out of your car.

Chair-Force
06-18-2005, 03:02 AM
If thats the case, anyone know where I can get the center diff for cheap?
Is the 2002 WRX tranny/diffs the same as other Subaru trannys?