PDA

View Full Version : Scan tool says no comm evry time I hook it up.

s14drftstn
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
I have a 98 240sx When I ran it for emissions,no comm.When I hooked up the scan tool at work no comm.and my data logger says no comm.WTF!!!all fuses are good and there is power at the port?..any one runn into this problem before?

ScoobyNubieToo!
07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I remember reading something in another thread that said for PA drivers, if after 3 attempts to scan your car it still can't find it then they can't fail you for it. It went something like that, I think. I'll see if I can dig it up for you......

ScoobyNubieToo!
07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Ahhhhh......here it is:
so i dont know how jersey inspection works, but in pa if the computer cant connect to the car 3 times in a row, you have the option to skip it and it will pass the car anyways. If the ses light is on, you automatically fail though.

if, for instance, the ses light is disabled and the obd plug is disconnected but the tech cant see it, the car could still pass in PA.
but you didnt hear that from me :)
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242191&postcount=23
Hope this helps ya.....

s14drftstn
07-08-2006, 02:39 PM
thanks bro,I know all about pa emissions testing i do them all day long.I need this to work for my data logger....Ill figure it out sooner or later.

05OCsrt-4
07-08-2006, 06:25 PM
make sure you have positive and ground at the right terminals and check all the other pins out, you should be able to get that information from alldata, or mitchell

ScoobyNubieToo!
07-08-2006, 08:48 PM
thanks bro,I know all about pa emissions testing i do them all day long.I need this to work for my data logger....Ill figure it out sooner or later.
My bad, your 1st post seemed to indicate it was an inspection related issue. Hope you can figure it out......

cburwell
07-09-2006, 07:55 PM
As someone mentioned earlier, it seems like one of the wires may have a bad connection. It might be hard to trace the wires, but you could always use a multi-meter to test it at each end, or just run a new length of wire to the ECU.

james_ls
07-09-2006, 08:39 PM
You woulnd't be running an OBD1 ECU or conversion would you??

s14drftstn
07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
No its obd2..I think I got it.I will let you know soon.