TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

Anyone else with a slushbox? Ever do burnouts?

Just taking a poll here to see who has automatics and how they prefer to launch burnouts.

For burnouts, do you ever give it gas in neutral then bring it down into drive or just brake torque it? I used to rev it up to 5000, drop to drive then get on the brake. Sort of like a clutchless manual, and it would just sit there burning the tires until you let off.

Another technique my buddies from high school would do with a 1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a 350 bored out, is get it rolling down a hill about 20 or 30mph, go to neutral and then floor it and put it in drive and burn the tires all the way up the hill. I never tried this but i bet it would sure be fun.
LS2GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #2
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Neutral drops FTL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
i did a nice big smokey one legger in the tyburn road tunnel while droptopchevy tried to do one in his passat, i love power breaking...its a good excuse to get new tires
Old 09-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
dnasty2g
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3872

My Ride:
67 Cougar 09 GT/CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
Neutral drops FTL!
Neutral Bombs FTMFL

Quote:
Also id probly have a katana as well just in case of close combat with armed bandits.
dnasty2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
FlashFive
Tri-State Addict

Member #5196

My Ride:
02 Protegé 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnasty2g View Post
Neutral Bombs FTMFL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ZoOm-ZoOm

FlashFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #6
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

If you neutral drop your car then you don't deserve to be driving anything....THE SPACE BETWEEN NEUTRAL AND DRIVE IS NOT A ****ING CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!
AN AUTOMATIC DOES NOT HAVE A CLUTCH(in the sense where you can control the RPM's before gear engagement), DON"T TREAT IT LIKE IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are quickly sending your GTO's Tranny, TC, and evenually the Flywheel to HELL.

Last edited by Z3R0; 09-06-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
ummm ouch. You will have no problem doing burnouts if you just brake a little. Ive seen tons of them done with the gto's. Just find the right balance.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh DIRT View Post
ummm ouch. You will have no problem doing burnouts if you just brake a little. Ive seen tons of them done with the gto's. Just find the right balance.
Coming Stock with a LSD he should have no problem roasting both tires with just gas and brake. + I'm pretty sure a lunch burnout is a peelout... unless you are staging...
Old 09-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #9
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
Quote:
You will have no problem doing burnouts if you just brake a little. Ive seen tons of them done with the gto's. Just find the right balance.

yup, thats what i meant...lol.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Quote:
yup, thats what i meant...lol.
Yeah for some reason I think I read it backwards or upside down or something and then hit the reply button...
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

lol guys. ive done over 100 powerbrake burnouts, both big and small over a period of a year. also automatics have clutches, i dont know what you are talking about?

here is one i do at the monthly thomas chevy meet (coming this friday btw at 5:30am).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aJIrebk5OSc

I did one in May and then June. That one was in may, but the state police have been there every time since then. I was going to do one in april but they said they were going to arrest me for reckless driving if i did it and they saw it. i didnt believe em though.

also, the 4L65-E is GM's best transmission as i'm sure you all know. It was designed to handle going from Neutral to Drive at high RPM's and also I believe it was meant to go from 40mph in reverse to drive while floored. I will test that one out this weekend and film the results for you.

I am uploading a neutral drop burnout i did a while ago. will post it soon.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #12
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
lol guys. ive done over 100 powerbrake burnouts, both big and small over a period of a year. also automatics have clutches, i dont know what you are talking about?

here is one i do at the monthly thomas chevy meet (coming this friday btw at 5:30am).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aJIrebk5OSc

I did one in May and then June. That one was in may, but the state police have been there every time since then. I was going to do one in april but they said they were going to arrest me for reckless driving if i did it and they saw it. i didnt believe em though.

also, the 4L65-E is GM's best transmission as i'm sure you all know. It was designed to handle going from Neutral to Drive at high RPM's and also I believe it was meant to go from 40mph in reverse to drive while floored. I will test that one out this weekend and film the results for you.

I am uploading a neutral drop burnout i did a while ago. will post it soon.
WAY TO MISS THE PARENTHESIS (in the sense where you can control the RPM's before gear engagement).

I really actually started to take your post seriously until I read ,also I believe it was meant to go from 40mph in reverse to drive while floored, then I knew you were full of crap. Those trannys are meant to handle loads of power, not neutral drops. Do you know wtf you are doing to the synchro's???

Last edited by Z3R0; 09-06-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #13
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

Funny, I thought only manuals had syncros. Also, of course you can control the amount of RPM's before gear engagement. How ever high or low you want to go RPM wise, depends on how much gas you give it. Then instead of working a third pedal, you simply flick your wrist down and let the tranny do the work while you rest behind the air conditioning.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #14
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Errrr...my mistake...
anyway
Just because the tranny is built for performance doesn't make it built for neutral slams into drive...just like dumping the clutch is not healthy on a standard.
-----------------------
I agree This thread should be destroyed so some kid doesn't go out and do this stuff

Last edited by Z3R0; 09-06-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:53 AM   #15
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xG0WrgSV4r4

If a Ford Windstar can handle doing reverse drops, then a GTO sure as hell can. Thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM   #16
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Your a freakin moron....its not what 1 successful neutral drop on video does, its about what you are doing to the transmission when you neutral drop. Its not good for the transmission at all. Slamming a car from no gear into a gear that isn't spinning to begin with is never good, but since you think otherwise, take you slushbox and shove it... some of us want our transmissions to last.
/thread
Old 09-06-2007, 02:04 AM   #17
LS2GTO
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #3274

LMFAO. Shadap dude, it was all a freakin joke. Im working right now and wanted to stir the pot a bit here while i wait for my customers computer to be done defragging so i can write up an invoice and get it the hell out of here.

Talk about shaving it, take your $2000 Monte Carlo "LS" that cant get out of its own way and shove it up your rear end, along with your pig of a 4T60E transmission that cant handle torque for crap. lol.

Besides, starting in 1994, or at least with my Northstar daily driver built in 95, GM added software protections that do a bunch of things when a high schooler decides to pull stunts like these. I tried it before the trans went out in it b/c i figured i had nothing to lose if it actually worked. Well I would have been wrong anyway, my buddy blew the mounts, snapped his rear end, driveshaft and axle stubs doing a 6000rpm drop in his cutlass. lol.

I am sure many a tranny have been saved by GM when daddy isn't there. Can't say that much about hondas. There are videos of 2006 acuras dropping from 7000 RPM with the e-brake pulled shifting through 3rd gear doing burnouts.

Last edited by LS2GTO; 09-06-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS2GTO View Post
LMFAO. Shadap dude, it was all a freakin joke. Im working right now and wanted to stir the pot a bit here while i wait for my customers computer to be done defragging so i can write up an invoice and get it the hell out of here.

Talk about shaving it, take your $2000 Monte Carlo "LS" that cant get out of its own way and shove it up your rear end, along with your pig of a 4T60E transmission that cant handle torque for crap. lol.
If you wanted to stir the pot then why are you coming back at me???? You started it. I know how much my car is worth and how fast it is...and how reliable the transmission is. You are telling me nothing new other than to shove it up my rear end, I knew I wasn't buying a fast car. Go ahead and keep comparing my car to yours, I'm finished paying for my car...Other than that wiki info you probably don't know ****...your a ricer. Keep neutral dropping your GTO like one.

Last edited by Z3R0; 09-06-2007 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #19
redwrxwagon02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4044

Send a message via AIM to redwrxwagon02
i neutral drop my dads Pt Loser all the time ............... 4k to bang in under 2 seconds
Old 09-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #20
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

power "break"ing ftw lol

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote