TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

Exclamation Trackdays 2008

the wait is over, i have compilied a list of all the major trackdays that will be going down in the northeast from now until the end of 2008. info on this thread will be constantly edited by me to add info....

take note now, uve been warned. a trackday usually costs around 300 dollars, and that doesnt include the gas u will DEVOUR or the membership fee u may have to pay to the club to join. for example, when i registered to race at lime rock in april i had to join NASa (40 bucks) and then pay about 280 for a spot at the track. then i will be driving nearly 4 hrs to get there....then race for 5 hrs, then drive 4 hrs home....last yrs event at pocono cost me 5 tanks of fuel.....

guess each trackday to cost around 500 dollars depending on where u drive to. so theres ur heads up. its a lot of money but its so worth it.

starting with NASA....

http://www.nasanortheast.org/
FAQ section...
http://www.nasanortheast.org/faq.htm

of all the events they will hold this year, there is one of particular interest i want a lot of us TST'ers to attend. August 5th and 6th is a HPDE at new jersey motorsports park. its a good middle ground for a lot of the tst ppl here and i think we can get a good handful of ppl to come. i myself will be attending this event...

heres the list of trackdays (HPDE) for this years NASA club.

2008 NASA Northeast Calendar
March 28th
Pocono North
Open Track & Instructor Training

April 12th
Lime Rock
HPDE
http://www.limerock.com/

April 15th
Pocono Long Course
Open Track & Super Comp School

May 3rd
Pocono East
HPDE
http://www.poconoraceway.com/

May 5th-6th
Watkins Glen
HPDE
http://www.theglen.com/

May 31st-June 1st
Pocono North
HPDE & Sprint Races

July 14th-15th
Watkins Glen
HPDE

July 18th
Pocono 3 Courses
HPDE

July 19th
Pocono Long Double Infield
HPDE & Sprint Race

July 20th
Pocono Long Single Infield
HPDE & Sprint Race

August 5th-6th
Thunderbolt at NJ Motorsports Park
HPDE

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

Spetember 6th-7th
Pocono North
HPDE & Sprint Races

Spetember 15th-16th
Watkins Glen
HPDE

October 3rd
Watkins Glen
Open Track

October 4th-5th
Watkins Glen
HPDE & Sprint Races

October 15th
HPDE

October 16th
Lightning at NJ Motorsports Park
HPDE

November 1st
Lime Rock
HPDE

November 7th
Open Track

November 8th-9th
HPDE & Sprint Races

now u will notice some intructor training and open track and sprint races, these are things most of us wont/cant/shouldnt do anyway.

the main focus is the HPDE, these are trackdays where we will all be learning how to drive our cars. open track and such is not for most of us here.

PDA driving school...kinda the same setup, u will notice dates overlap the NASA group...

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/inde...id=36&Itemid=1

SCCA's PDX is listed but im comin up shy on trackdates....more info soon...or maybe someone else will find it..

http://www.scca.org/contentpage.aspx?content=36

heres ur tri region love jon, they havent updated their site in months...so no word yet, but id swing for june -july to guess....

http://www.triregionracing.org/index.html

Last edited by NOPSTNS; 04-24-2008 at 10:19 AM.
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

i cant ****ing wait... do u know when the tri-region event is going to be frank?
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Great idea! If I'm really lucky (and motivated) my car would be able to pass track inspection in November.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
I CANNOT WAIT

hopefully by then i'll have all my mods done, and then save up money to race ha

Dropped and swapped Civic Si
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
scutzi128
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6101

My Ride:
04 STi

Send a message via AIM to scutzi128
Can't wait to finally take my car to a track.

Traded in for STi

best 1/4 of 13.5 threw a rod

XBL GT: Bison Lover

scutzi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Subscribed. I'd at least like to go up and shoot some pics with someone.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

heres the list of trackdays (HPDE) for this years NASA club.

2008 NASA Northeast Calendar
March 28th
Pocono North
Open Track & Instructor Training

whats Open track like? I've never been to Pocono but I want to attend this event.
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
very excited. this is what i want to do with my car this summer.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

might wanna get something wider than a 235 hahaha j/k

frank, what kind of pads do you run?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
haha i know I'm looking to get a set of track rims. turbo build is first though.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #11
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

oh my bad baller status.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM   #12
PUREKDM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3459

My Ride:
2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD

Send a message via AIM to PUREKDM
i'm sooo down...
PUREKDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #13
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
I would love to do the Glen..I drove around it and the original track before, but not on a track day. And my gf's gparents live all of 2 miles away!

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #14
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
oh my bad baller status.
hahaha
Old 02-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

open track is not for us. u need a load of experience and graduation from certain classes if i recall. for us tst peeps its gonna be the HPDE's that are for us. its an arrive and drive type of deal.

to note:
if u have no experience racing on a road course, u will be in HPDE level 1. its for the novices. ppl like me and chaos will be HPDE 2 which is intermediates bc we have been to trackdays in the past. there are 4 levels 1 being novice and 4 being borderline pro. after pro u can apply to get ur racing license and its on to the big fish from there. but for the majority of us, level 1 is where we will be at.
keep that in mind when registering bc certain days are for certain classes.
for example, i am registered to race at limerock on april 12th. its HPDE 1 and HPDE 2 only. i am racing in level 2. level 1 is full for anyone curious...some trackdays will be level 3 and 4 only, some days will be all 4 run groups...make sure ur reading properly when u sign up!

and jon, i will not be running my brembo pads this year, i may be swapping them out the night before for a race pad from endless. im not sure yet bc the brembos were great last yr at pocono, very consistent awesomeness the whole day but they are getting kinda low so a replacement is needed anyway. i will get a set of endless street pads for my street driving and a race pad for the trackdays. if u still got those brembo calipers on ur sti we can get a two for one deal maybe bc i have the same calipers that come on the sti's, we have interchangeable part numbers....if i recall correctly.

next month ill be gettin my track tires from RT tuning and getting a corner balance and i may be ordering the pads then.

as for the rest of youds, if ur looking into a day to race and u have no particular one in sight, may i recommend the HPDE at new jersey motorsports park in august. its not too far and its a brand new track, i wanna get a lot of us to go. im hopinh its gonna be open to at least HPDE 1 and 2, but it may be open for all 4. i dunno about NJMP track times, but i do know lime rock cut their times in half bc they are renting to clubs even more this yr than last.....

as the weeks go on ill be posting some things to check on ur car b4 u do ur first trackday. its better to learn ahead of time than to learn the hardway and be told to go home...!
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

i was reading about the HPDE on the nasa website and it states that level 1 and 2 needs a club member as a co-driver? is this correct? i dont wanna sign up for nasa i just wanna rip around on a track.

so basically i'm asking is this like a "walk on" style track day or do we need attend the classes and such?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #17
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

see you on the 12th then, I'm registered for Lime Rock also.
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
PUREKDM
Tri-State Addict

Member #3459

My Ride:
2006 Infiniti FX35 AWD

Send a message via AIM to PUREKDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX Type-Slow View Post
i was reading about the HPDE on the nasa website and it states that level 1 and 2 needs a club member as a co-driver? is this correct? i dont wanna sign up for nasa i just wanna rip around on a track.

so basically i'm asking is this like a "walk on" style track day or do we need attend the classes and such?
+1 maybe we just have to cut the locks on the gates at night and get a couple of laps in
PUREKDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:32 AM   #19
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREKDM View Post
+1 maybe we just have to cut the locks on the gates at night and get a couple of laps in
i'm down for some illegal track racing lol

Old 02-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #20
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

I'll be joining some of you guys out there with my new ride I'm sure. My helmet has been collecting way too much dust
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote