TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Want to Borrow: REALLY powerful Impact Gun. Over 1000 ft lbs. Need it for 2 mins.

Anyone in my general area have a serious impact gun? Looking to borrow one ASAP and I only need it for a single bolt so it'll be a quick in and out. Already tried an IR Ti impact gun rated at 1000 ft lbs max and it didnt cut it. Need something beefier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
pinacup7
Tri-State Addict

Member #1764

My Ride:
Baaaaahd GTO

Send a message via AIM to pinacup7
I got a 3/4 Impact but it's at work. If you dont get it by monday I got you
pinacup7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Sweet, thats what I'm talkin about... do you know what its rated at? My friend has a 3/4" but he's... not coming through for me right now, and I cant wait any longer. Monday night is probably good for me if you'll be around after 8... not sure exactly where you're located but you can either come along for the battle or I can pick it up and bring it back. Let me know, thanks...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
pinacup7
Tri-State Addict

Member #1764

My Ride:
Baaaaahd GTO

sent pm
Old 07-26-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
noclutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #2604

My Ride:
Black 3G Eclipse, Riced out

I've never met a bolt that I couldn't remove with a 6 foot pipe on a breaker bar, if there's space.

2010 Zone Spark NEV, 48V 5.5hp Thanks Obama
noclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
pinacup7
Tri-State Addict

Member #1764

My Ride:
Baaaaahd GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclutch View Post
I've never met a bolt that I couldn't remove with a 6 foot pipe on a breaker bar, if there's space.
Same here... all you need is some leverage
Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
ReVision
Tri-State Addict

Member #5846

My Ride:
1994 Supra TT

He won't be able to use that on the crank pulley bolt, he will definitly need a 3/4 impact.

ReVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

its the crank pulley bolt on the supra... and the engine is out. i cant hold the flywheel/crank on the backside well enough to lean on it as hard as i need to with a breaker bar... already snapped one flywheel bolt trying to do that. i think cracking it loose with an impact is really teh only way. the other option is to drop the engine back in the car, bolt it to the trans, and put the starter back in... then bump the starter to crack the bolt loose, but thats a pain in the ass... and i dont have the engine hoist handy right now.

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
05OCsrt-4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #855

have you tried to heat up the bolt/pulley? maybe its frozen and needs a lil bit of heat? always works for me
Quote:
I've got nothing... no sarcastic reply, no witty retort...
that was just stupid
05OCsrt-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #10
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I have a snap on gun that is rated at 800 lb/pounds and its a bad ass mother ****er.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

eh its the bolt that goes into the crank itself, but it doesnt start threading until it gets past the accessory pulley, crank pulley, timing belt cover... so in theory i'd have to heat the crank itself, but thats unpossible. or i could freeze the bolt, but again considering the circumstances, also a fail.

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #12
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

this is what i tried with no luck, even with the psi turned way up...

"7-vane motor delivers 1,000 ft.-lbs. of Nut Busting Torque and 700 ft.-lbs. of traditional torque output for tackling tougher fastening and unfastening applications"

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
blkZ06
Tri-State Addict

Member #3188

My Ride:
03 Z06, 01 Z06, 99 Viper GTS, 05 F250, 00 M5

Send a message via AIM to blkZ06
ahh the 2J crank bolt

No 1/2 impact will cut it, you might have luck with a 3/4 or 1" but who knows

The only way ive ever gotten them out is with a Thor, its a long piece of steel with a joint end that you beat on with a sledge to break it loose.
99 Viper GTS - 488 Cam 500rwhp/550rwtq
04 2500 - 402 GT80 & S364 - 750rwhp/1300rwtq
blkZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

That ingersol is a serious gun. Did you try tightening the bolt then trying to loosen it?

I have a Snap-on 6500. I think I only get like 800ft/lbs out of that. Haven't had a bolt yet it couldn't take care of.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

If I have to I can drop the motor back in and put the starter on. Put the breaker bar on the bolt and lay it against the ground, then bump the starter. Thats worked in the past and probably would here too... but if I can keep the engine on the stand it would just be a lot easier that way.
This is really holding me up though... need to change the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, lower cover, front main seal, etc. Trying to make progress here!

And yeah I tried tightening it for a few blips then going back to loosening, still didnt do it

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-26-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
pinacup7
Tri-State Addict

Member #1764

My Ride:
Baaaaahd GTO

does the 22mm 3/4 have enough room to get on the bolt? I know my socket's are pretty thick
Old 07-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Yeah it should be fine, there's plenty of room... I got your PM... I wonder if I can get a Toyota tech to let me borrow their ST and then maybe I could use a breaker bar to get it off... anyone know a Toyota tech? haha.
I think the most realistic route is still a big ass impact gun.

|

Quote:

|
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #18
fear_no_evo
Tri-State Addict

Member #5358

My Ride:
03 subaru wrx

i had a snapon 1" at 1200 ftlbs but they broke in my shop and took it othe wise it would have been urs to use
Old 07-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #19
Jeffros Spec V
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #263

Send a message via AIM to Jeffros Spec V
If you sure you have an air tank big enough to work a 1000tq gun?
Jeffros Spec V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #20
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

26 gallon at 150 psi? i was using the gun for 10 seconds or so before the compressor kicked back on...

|

Quote:

|