TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Road Racing
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 11:25 PM   #21
htheduck
Tri-State Addict
 
htheduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Member #583

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to htheduck Send a message via Yahoo to htheduck
As for Pocono-all I can say is one word: FAST-it's great for high HP cars.
I ran the 'race' course? like your linked image and can't imagine it's worth running in any other configuration-IMO. Driving was a little sloppy since it was my first time there and first film attempt time with a still camera.
The infield is flat and forgiving...the straights are not forgiving on brakes. I like more elevation changes myself. But I had a lot of fun nonetheless.
-H
htheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:14 AM   #22
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
well

i get a bit of perspective instructing for 4 different groups and a 5th coming up this weekend (pda)...anyway what happened to site? trouble logging on.. and see you at pocono this weekend
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:00 PM   #23
thewake
Tri-State Addict
 
thewake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #385

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alachua
My friends spent about two weeks rebuilding Marc Cefalo's Miata for this event after he rolled it two weeks prior. It rolled out of the body shop on thursday night, and into the trailer to go to the track. Only results I heard were that he qualified second, no clue how he ran in the race.

-Cliff
Cliff,

Marc finished 3rd in class both days. If I remember correctly he had some trouble with the #28 (Lancia Scorpion) and could not pass to get to second.

Results Page
__________________
-- Wake
thewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #24
thewake
Tri-State Addict
 
thewake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #385

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htheduck
As for Pocono-all I can say is one word: FAST-it's great for high HP cars.
I ran the 'race' course? like your linked image and can't imagine it's worth running in any other configuration-IMO. Driving was a little sloppy since it was my first time there and first film attempt time with a still camera.
The infield is flat and forgiving...the straights are not forgiving on brakes. I like more elevation changes myself. But I had a lot of fun nonetheless.
-H

Yes Pocono is fast, I think there are a good number of racers that do not have the big powerfull cars that do not like it. Perhaps the proposed track in Millville will be better for them while letting the high HP cars have thier fun too.

Did I read correctly that your videos were done with a still camera? If so they look great for a still camera. Which camera is it?

I finally went to look at your CRX & Cobra video and it was the same as the off roading as FS-2 video. I hope you didn't overwrite the original.
__________________
-- Wake
thewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #25
htheduck
Tri-State Addict
 
htheduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NY
Member #583

 
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to htheduck Send a message via Yahoo to htheduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewake
Yes Pocono is fast, I think there are a good number of racers that do not have the big powerfull cars that do not like it. Perhaps the proposed track in Millville will be better for them while letting the high HP cars have thier fun too.
Did I read correctly that your videos were done with a still camera? If so they look great for a still camera. Which camera is it?
I finally went to look at your CRX & Cobra video and it was the same as the off roading as FS-2 video. I hope you didn't overwrite the original.
Thanks for bringing the video to my attention-it is now fixed. All videos have been enhance for brightness through MS Movie Maker. Unfortunately they have all been reduced in size and quality from original .avi format.

As for the camera-it is a Cannon Powershot A75--I'm highly impressed with it. I was in infield suite of Darlington (SC) for the Truck/Busch/Cup race-and I have to say it picks up sound & video very well. The only limitations to the still camera is the aperature (sp?) -where it can't compensate for changing light and the zoom/wide cannot be adjusted mid-filming at all.

Last edited by htheduck; 08-17-2005 at 03:57 PM.
htheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #26
thewake
Tri-State Addict
 
thewake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #385

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by htheduck
Thanks for bringing the video to my attention-it is now fixed. All videos have been enhance for brightness through MS Movie Maker. Unfortunately they have all been reduced in size and quality from original .avi format.

As for the camera-it is a Cannon Powershot A75--I'm highly impressed with it. I was in infield suite of Darlington (SC) for the Truck/Busch/Cup race-and I have to say it picks up sound & video very well. The only limitations to the still camera is the aperature (sp?) -where it can't compensate for changing light and the zoom/wide cannot be adjusted mid-filming at all.
Still the videos looked fine, the small files were not bad. I understand the trade-off.

I want a digital camera so bad... Unfortunately I don't want to give up my Canon SLR lenses (especially the 70-200 f4.0 L). So I am looking at getting a 20D. I just have other expenses first.
__________________
-- Wake
thewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #27
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
we're back

back from pocono emra races...38 car field, 7 classes...qualified 19th, 6 cars in class, 96 4.6 stang, 3 2nd gen rx7s, type r and us in the focus..took a 3rd place, now 2nd in points in class...see you back there for the 2 hour on 9/10
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #28
thewake
Tri-State Addict
 
thewake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #385

 
iTrader: (0)
Nice result... How far out of first in points are you?
__________________
-- Wake
thewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:28 PM   #29
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
well

currently 10 points behind leader....13 points ahead of third...here's how points work..1 hour enduro..1st=20,2nd=17,3rd=15...now if it's a 2 hour race those numbers double, like when we go back to pocono on september 10th for a 2 hour...then the 24th at lime rock is a one hour then to the glen for 3 hour, worth up to 60 points..biggie is the season ender at summit point...4 hours, worth up to 80 points...
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 AM   #30
thewake
Tri-State Addict
 
thewake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Jersey
Member #385

 
iTrader: (0)
Then it seems that there is still a good hunt for the overall points win. If I can still add, you have about 10 hours worth of racing which seems like it is tight enough between the top three to make it interesting.
__________________
-- Wake
thewake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 AM   #31
PaleDSM
Tri-State Post Whore
 
PaleDSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin, Pa
Member #274

 
iTrader: (1)
Do they allow spectators at EMRA races?

I go to most of the PDA events at Pocono and it looks like EMRA might be alot of fun too.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


2000 MR2 Spyder (Yellow)
2013 Hyundai Elantra
PaleDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #32
04 Turbo Spec
Tri-State Post Whore
 
04 Turbo Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Holland
Member #262

My Ride:
2012 JKU

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to 04 Turbo Spec
my dad brought his race viper there and i was there in my spec
__________________
Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
Quote:
Bryan, dont lie, you would love to curb stomp me haha
04 Turbo Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 PM   #33
Wreckerboy
Noob-Jersey
 
Wreckerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #727

 
iTrader: (0)
PaleDSM wrote:

Quote:
Do they allow spectators at EMRA races?

I go to most of the PDA events at Pocono and it looks like EMRA might be alot of fun too.
EMRA always welcomes spectators and you are certainly most welcome. One the things we hear most is that we are a "nice group of people to run with" so by all means come on down to our next event(s) at Pocono:

September 10: Pocono North - Sprint races and two hour enduro
September 11: Pocono North - Time Trials

More information is available at www.emraracing.org, or feel free to contact me off-line via chieftech@emraracing.org

Rob
Wreckerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #34
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewake
Then it seems that there is still a good hunt for the overall points win. If I can still add, you have about 10 hours worth of racing which seems like it is tight enough between the top three to make it interesting.
our thoughts exactly...only problem if we win is that wreckerboy will say i am correctly classed
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #35
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
holy crap

just double checked...we are only 4 points out of the lead...pocono here we come....
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #36
Wreckerboy
Noob-Jersey
 
Wreckerboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #727

 
iTrader: (0)
Geez, garyk, I gotta chase you all over the damned 'net to listen to your whining. That's it, ASR for you now...
Wreckerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #37
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
well

asr as in assinine spec racing? or addled satanic rob?
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:00 PM   #38
PaleDSM
Tri-State Post Whore
 
PaleDSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin, Pa
Member #274

 
iTrader: (1)
Thanks for the info. I will be there one or both days.
I would like to get myself out there on the track starting next spring.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


2000 MR2 Spyder (Yellow)
2013 Hyundai Elantra
PaleDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:22 PM   #39
garyk
Tri-State Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member #724

 
iTrader: (0)
well

if you are there on saturday look us up...#74 silver focus (the only focus racing there)..hopefully we will have a garage spot for paddock...we always have a good supply of good beer for when the racings done
__________________
we must fight the axis of boweevil
garyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #40
PaleDSM
Tri-State Post Whore
 
PaleDSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dublin, Pa
Member #274

 
iTrader: (1)
Silver focus with red accents/stickers? I ask because I saw a silver focus on the track last weekend and I seem to remember red in small amounts on the car somewhere.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


2000 MR2 Spyder (Yellow)
2013 Hyundai Elantra
PaleDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to go road racing. What club should i go with? arthur3328 Road Racing 8 01-27-2010 05:48 PM
Subaru Road Racing at NJ Motorsports Park 06 ICYWRX Upcoming Events 1 04-22-2009 11:03 PM
Subaru Road Racing Team Jfaphoenix32 Road Racing 27 01-23-2009 11:19 PM
1/2 Day Road Racing School = BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!! DPancoast Road Racing 16 09-07-2008 11:23 PM
Road racing, BMS Road Racing 20 03-02-2007 09:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.