TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Blue_gsx23
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8278

Spent a few days in New Orleans...Pics

I just got back to NY yesterday. I flew down to New Orleans last Saturday. The 7 day cruise I was going on was leaving from NOLA on Sunday. I also spend an extra day there when we docked again this past Sunday. While I was there I rented a car for a day and drove all over the city and decided to take a drive down to the lower 9th ward. If everyone kept up with the news during hurricane Katrina then you should know that this poor working class neighborhood was severely devasted after the hurricane. One of the levees that breached was located in the 9th ward. As I drove by this neighborhood I was shocked to see that only a few houses there were rebuilt. They say that there is an average of one family living in every square block throughout the 9th ward. It felt very eerie to drive by and see nothing but empty lots everywhere sorrounded by a damaged home here and there. 6 years later and it looks like not much has been done to restore the commmunity that once lived there. It was very sad sight. Here are some images I captured as well as some pics of the French Quarter.

Some random crazy looking house I saw in the area

These are the new homes that are being built in the area. The ones that Brad Pitt is sponsoring with his "make it right" foundation

French Quarter during the day

Saw a cool wedding happening while I was there.

these are all the guests

French Quarter at night

Blue_gsx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
mann
Tri-State Addict

Member #3824

My Ride:
06 mx-5 turbo

you got some great pics on that one. Missed my chance to go there a few years back for mardi gras, will have to one of these days before it floods for good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
98GSXdude
Tri-State Addict

Member #155

Any more shots of that bike? That looked awesome.
E36 M3
Ex's: E46 M3, 350Z, 300ZX TT, E39 M5, 1G GSX, 2G GSX
98GSXdude is offline   Reply With Quote