TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Send a message via AIM to 96Stang
Job wanted: Bucks County area

Hey guys, figured I would test out the new networking forum and see if anyone has any ideas for me. I posted a while back asking about if anyone knew of any jobs or anything in the area for me to try out or apply for and got a few ideas but I am still at the same crappy job I have been at. I am going to school at nights for Business Management/Marketing at Bucks and need something that will allow me to get to class by 6:30. I have done many different things before and all my jobs were held for more than a year. I cooked, managed a retail store, office work, etc. so I can do many different things and I don't mind physical work. I need full time and something that will provide benefits and I am looking for around $15/hour or more. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, preferrably something with a company someone is already familiar with. Thanks alot and hope to hear back from some of you guys/girls.

Eric

am i proud of that?? no
would i do it again?? maybe
is this place addicting?? yes
96Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

bump. no one knows of any positions available??

am i proud of that?? no
Old 01-27-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Eric I hope you find something. Sorry what I wasn't able to help you before when you and I talk. I will keep my eyes and ears open though if I come across anything.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT View Post
Eric I hope you find something. Sorry what I wasn't able to help you before when you and I talk. I will keep my eyes and ears open though if I come across anything.
Its cool...I know it wasnt up to you and you did what you could. Thanks for the help and congrats on your big promotion.

am i proud of that?? no
Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #5
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Anything out there...I will accept a little less money. The most important part of this job is it being closer to my house and my school

am i proud of that?? no
Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Might give people a better idea if maybe you post up some of your qualifications. Like things you have done in the past, any certifications or special training etc...
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

I was a short order cook at a restaurant for a little bit, line server at a retirement home which included baking, prep work and other things, I was an assistant manager at pacsun and now I work in an office doing pretty much everything. No certification which is a huge downfall I know, but I am in school now at nights to get my associates in Business Management/Marketing.

am i proud of that?? no
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #8
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Stang View Post
I was a short order cook at a restaurant for a little bit, line server at a retirement home which included baking, prep work and other things, I was an assistant manager at pacsun and now I work in an office doing pretty much everything. No certification which is a huge downfall I know, but I am in school now at nights to get my associates in Business Management/Marketing.
Ok when you put in for a job focus in on the PacSun job and list everything you did (scheduling, cashing out registers etc...), then move on to your current job. Are you in the mail room, do you just run for coffee? Focus in on your daily responsibilities and then if there are any one time things you did that were pretty important list those too. Next being in school is great, going at night is even better when it comes to trying to get a full time job. Let people know what classes you have taken so far with an emphasis on any that you really enjoyed or that were difficult but you did well in. Remember never to say anything negative about past jobs to prospective employers or to people you are trying to nework with. If they say something like "Baking and prep for old people that must have sucked" reply with "It wasn't that bad, it was a great oppurtunity to....."

Sorry I don't know of any jobs in your area but there is some advice for when you do get an interview. Best of luck job hunting sucks. If you find yourself near Allentown and need a job I could be of more help. Oh and for anyone looking at this, this is a good idea of how we can use the Networking section even when you don't have a job to offer up.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
Ok when you put in for a job focus in on the PacSun job and list everything you did (scheduling, cashing out registers etc...), then move on to your current job. Are you in the mail room, do you just run for coffee? Focus in on your daily responsibilities and then if there are any one time things you did that were pretty important list those too. Next being in school is great, going at night is even better when it comes to trying to get a full time job. Let people know what classes you have taken so far with an emphasis on any that you really enjoyed or that were difficult but you did well in. Remember never to say anything negative about past jobs to prospective employers or to people you are trying to nework with. If they say something like "Baking and prep for old people that must have sucked" reply with "It wasn't that bad, it was a great oppurtunity to....."

Sorry I don't know of any jobs in your area but there is some advice for when you do get an interview. Best of luck job hunting sucks. If you find yourself near Allentown and need a job I could be of more help. Oh and for anyone looking at this, this is a good idea of how we can use the Networking section even when you don't have a job to offer up.
Thank you very much for your help. I am good when it gets to the interview part, but I haven't had the opportunity to interview for anything recently. My current job is fine, but it is just too far and I cannot commute like this for much longer.

And to list a few of the more important parts of my jobs in the past and currently:
-scheduling (retail)
-cash handling along with cashing out registers (retail)
-deposit work (retail)
-visual displays (retail)
-mailroom work: pick up, sort, deliver, post, drop off, etc.(support)
-daily court house filings and recording
-hand deliveries
-prep work (cooking)
-line serving/short order (cooking)
-managing directly above around 10-12 sales associates at any given time (retail)

If anyone needs to know about any other things and can be of ANY assistance...please let me know
It is all GREATLY appreciated.

Eric

am i proud of that?? no
Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #10
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Awesome Eric that's going to give people a lot more to go on. Like I said I hope you find something.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #11
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Bump. I am only in my 3rd night of classes and realizing more and more that the drive is WAY TOO FAR. If anyone can help. I would take something with less pay than I mentioned at the top, but there should be room to move up. I am very confident that anyone who would hire me would be greatly impressed with my abilities and willingness to learn in ANY situation. Thanks and hope I hear something.

Eric

am i proud of that?? no
Old 02-02-2008, 03:17 AM   #12
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Bump one more time...anyone know how easy or hard it is to do sales at a new car dealership. I was an assistant manager at a large retail store and sold my butt off, and I think knowing that there is money on top of the sale would make me work even harder. Anyone also know round about how much they make....dollar/hour, commission, etc??? thanks in advance

Eric

am i proud of that?? no
Old 02-02-2008, 03:21 AM   #13
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
You either have it in you.. or you don't. If you are one of those people who have it you can make alot of money. My uncle can make u buy a used condom... then 15 years later he is part owner of a Toyota dealership. I would say just try it and see what happens. You will know soon enough if you have what it takes.

PS don't work for Mcaffertys... The managers make u hassle the customers even if they are just browsing. My other uncle worked there and couldn't stand it.
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #14
96Stang
Tri-State Addict

Member #174

My Ride:
2009 VW Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1343 View Post
You either have it in you.. or you don't. If you are one of those people who have it you can make alot of money. My uncle can make u buy a used condom... then 15 years later he is part owner of a Toyota dealership. I would say just try it and see what happens. You will know soon enough if you have what it takes.

PS don't work for Mcaffertys... The managers make u hassle the customers even if they are just browsing. My other uncle worked there and couldn't stand it.
Thanks...I was thinking about trying some of the local dealers that I see and havent heard any problems about. Colonial Subaru and VW or like Burdumy Volvo where my mom purchased her past Volvos. Maybe I will attempt to give it a try.

am i proud of that?? no