TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
Karls 04 WRB WRX.. motor build and other stuff

Ok so i got thousands of pictures of my car from stock to its current project stage..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300

Last edited by karl; 04-09-2010 at 06:33 PM.
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #2
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Send a message via ICQ to karl Send a message via AIM to karl Send a message via MSN to karl
alright so thats been the past 4.5 years.. ill come back to edit that out and add other pics.

Currently the car is undergoing a reverse manifold project. I have all the pipes just waiting for some couplers and intake manifold spacers and then the manifold comes off and put back on. After its complete im gonna get the pipes coated flat black.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
graffkid732
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8466

My Ride:
350z TT

Looks good so far, keep up the good work.
graffkid732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
RayArroyo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #205

My Ride:
GTR/RSTI/MDX Sport

Send a message via AIM to RayArroyo
man dem pictures and dat car be stuntin like my daddy. forizzle yo

keep up the good work karl, as allways car looks good it ranks up there with one of my favorite subs
Old 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Damn Karl....you've been busy recently.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

thanks guys. hopefully have it up and running within the next 2 weeks. just gotta wait for paycheck and then i can order phenolic intake manifold spacers and some new couplers. then who wants to help remove/reinstall intake manifold.. hopefully after i get everything up and running ill one day send out the turbo to blouch and have them install a 18g wheel and clock the housing so i can eliminate that 90 degree coupler and the big loop coming off the turbo. maybe then ill sink into the 11s with the help of some meth..

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
LevittownMonster
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8770

My Ride:
None

Man that thing looks so good. U fix her up nice

the 240sx life. SLIDE the 240sx HO
LevittownMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
Silverfc88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #126

My Ride:
88 RX7 TII, 2012 WRX hatch

Send a message via AIM to Silverfc88
Nice man, good luck with the new setup. The hybrid should be fun along with the front mount.
Streetport 13bt, Haltech Sprint RE, FIC 1150cc + Delphi 1000cc injectors, Walbro 255, Borg Warner s360 .88, HKS mani, JGS 50mm, Greddy FMIC, HKS Twin Power, AEM water/meth inj
Silverfc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #9
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Two Things, I like it Better with the Fog Lights,

And I remember Getting you Wingless again...That was a Fun Trip
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

YAY! Mail has arrived and with it came some phenolic spacers and gaskets.. couplers and clamps come fedex on tuesday.. its so nice out today so the manifold will be flipped today and all ready for some couplers and might i say that this time next week i might be driving and cleaning the car!!! will take pics today of the progress

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
How many miles do you have now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:50 PM   #12
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI View Post
How many miles do you have now?
um 66k..

wow so boy did i open a can of worms... this damn spec c intake manifold is killing me with setting up the fuel lines. didnt realize how many freaking vac lines come off of a manifold, since now they are all facing the wrong direction. and i gotta find some wire to extend the tps wires.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #13
greek bandit
Tri-State Addict

Member #4219

My Ride:
03 VW GLI 24V VR6

to be real im a vw nut but damn ur sh*t is nice bro, much respect for the fact it looks like youve doen it all on ur own instead of payin soomeone and im lovin the intercooler
BY WRXD:There was a really nice Jetta in front of me and somehow we got way in front of everyone on rt.100 and he flipped on his strobes and rear light bar-- my GF had never seen anything like that before and thought it was the coolest thing ever-- I have to admit it was pretty awesome.
greek bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #14
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
ha yeah you can talk to jimtweet if you get hung up on anything, he reversed his mani and ran into some of the same things. i think he went with an aftermarket fuel rail though, not sure how you would go about doing it with the stock one.
also i remember something about him changing the brake booster hose which was a bad move... it has a check valve integrated so it doesnt see any positive pressure which either leads to damaging the booster and/or no brakes.
looks good though... if you run into any snags i dont know if i'd be able to help but feel free to give me a call.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

so do you know if you can use the stock fuel rails? if so you're going to need to take the mani off again to install them, unless thats just a test fit.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 10-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #17
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

well i made some progress today, definitely a lot of work left. i forgot that i needed to drill and tap the manifold for the brake booster line. so i gotta take it back out tomorrow and drill it out and tap. i am also in the market of some fuel rails now too, seeing how i cant make my spec c rails work.i also have to get some adapters from gruppe-s for aftermarket fuel rails to be used with the spec c manfiold.. so ill be selling both sets of fuel lines/rails, stock and spec c manifold. other then rails im doing good i think, just a few vac and coolant lines to redo and ill be set.. O and i also need to get rid of the hood prop that thing is always in the way..well headed to lowes to get a tap, tomorrow i should be done except for fuel rails, fuel rail adapters, couplers, and shorter alt belt.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300

Last edited by karl; 10-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #18
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek bandit View Post
to be real im a vw nut but damn ur sh*t is nice bro, much respect for the fact it looks like youve doen it all on ur own instead of payin soomeone and im lovin the intercooler
thanks man. yea ive done all of the work on my car, only thing i cant do is alignment..lol. dont have the money to pay someone to work on my car, plus where is the satisfaction of just paying someone to do all the work..

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300
Old 10-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #19
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

are you completely opposed to getting rid of the spec c intake manifold? sure its got the wow factor, but i cant see it really performing any better than a stock manifold with tgv deletes.
the reason i say this is if you had a stock manifold then you'd be able to keep the tgv housings and fuel rail in their original position, then just flip the manifold itself... i think it would work out to be easier and cheaper in the long run...

|

Quote:

|
Old 10-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #20
karl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #28

My Ride:
04 WRX/ 10 STI SE WRBs

well, ive read it flows more then a stock manifold. plus i love the sleek 1pc look. i was gonna upgrade to some aftermarket rails eventually so this just pushed the moment to now. ill just fab up some adapters out of aluminum bar stock.

does anybody have a 3/8-28 tap??? thats whats needed to tap the manifold to screw in the bung for the brake booster.

Nikon D80, 18-70, 70-300