TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

What shocks for a 2/4 drop?

Gonna be doing a 2/4" drop on my truck within a week or so, and was wondering if I can get away with stock length shocks? Or do I need to get drop shocks?

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
justinlansdale
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4286

My Ride:
old BMW & obnoxious bike(s)

Send a message via AIM to justinlansdale
You can get away with stock shocks, although they will wear out much faster than the drop shocks will. Drop shocks will have a longer life but they will ride much more harsh than factory shocks. I had belltech nitro drop II's on both of my mini-trucks, they rode pretty good on the 2/3 dropped one but rode wayyyy too harsh for my liking for my 5/6 dropped dime.

//
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
justinlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 PM   #3
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Just the answer I was looking for! I want to get a stock-ish ride quality, so I'll just go to Pepboys and grab some factory shocks, I've had a set of Monroes on the back for more than 30K and I'm more than please with the ride and life span. Will I be bottoming out on the rear shocks though?

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote