TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Engine Management and Tuning
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #141
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:
Has no gauges since it has left twisted tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by disstractin_FC View Post
sounds painful
Its the worst.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #142
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
What happened at his dyno day?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #143
Twisted tuning
Former Vendor

Member #21378

I was my first dyno day. My old shop used to be a tranny shop so the floors had 40 years of fluids ground into the floor( one of the many reasons i have moved and never did another dyno day there.) The guys i rented with were supposed to help with straping cars down since wew were spliting the money but they didnt so it took a bit to strap cars down when there is one person doing it.(another reason i moved). The polymer coupler that connects the eddy brake to the rollers melted that day so the eddy brake numbers were off due to an inch of play between the eddy brake and the rollers. Probably the 950 hp gto finished the coupler off. Coupler has be upgraded and the dyno has worked fine since. I still had some of the highest numbers of any dyno day around here and other than people thinking there car makes more power than it does it went alright for the first one. I offered to rerun anyone that had questionable numbers again when the problem was fixed. It was 25 for three pulls due to being the first major dyno day. Not one car flew off the dyno and every car was strapped right.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #144
full-cruise
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14393

My Ride:
1.3 liter piston eater

Send a message via AIM to full-cruise
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleMonkey View Post
Coming in and speaking for a "friend" by talking **** probably isn't the best way to come about it.

Only person I actually know here that's involved is Brian. I know he had some issues with some other people but it's nothing I was involved in so it's none of my business. Anyway, I don't think you're helping his case. I don't think any shop would be happy with someone that IN ANY WAY represents them talking negatively to customers.
I'm really not trashing him i seen his car n used those parts on a build and know first hand wht there going to do. why waist a head over a crapy waistgate, why fold the Turbo and suck all that crap in. been there done it. that motor is going to kill his a choice wouldn't you want to know that if it was yours. i wasn't telling him to be a ass i was telling him cause i like that car my friend has the sames setup and that kits going to basically kill it. if i was him i would of apreciate it . like just chopping up the front in to run piping you use door trim there Expescially when you rubber boot is laying on it. again I'm not trying to sound like I'm trashing just saying hey look use this time to do it all ones no reason to rush and Bernies himself a nervous deck on the side of the rd. because of these simple things now. I'm the type of Guy who will pull over n run back and help you push off the rd if i can help you on the spot to get home ill try but but how many of you go out on a limb. for the hell of it. I'm old school man i had my days of having that hard head n i payed for them but learned hell of alot along the way. i know he wants his car back hell everybody is getting that itch but if it not right it not ready no matter who's doing the build he's in ne Philly in the heart of the ground n pound. .. . as far as my friend n his shop non of this has anything to do with him n i have said it has besides its there. I'm not talking down on anybody from up there if you guys need a detail head up there, there honestly one of the best guys around as far as that goes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #145
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
What does him knowing how to build a car or not have to do with anything? The only person who's "car building" abilities which should be discussed are the person who is being payed to do the car... I think its funny that you goonies keep coming in here and bashing this guy when its clear that he HAS ALREADY/IS been pulled along on a leash by this guy.

I still think the funniest part of this entire thread was when it was suggested that you go and help the person your paying, work on your car.

Hey I am going to pay you to cut my grass, but let me cut it myself.
the point i was trying to make is he does not understand the amount of time a job like this takes, i understand deadlines have been promised and missed, but **** happens and i know brian is not doing it on purpose, this car is just as much of a headache to brian as this ordeal is to the owner at this point, and as far as "happy customers" i dont think any of them are TST members so it wouldbe hard for them to leave a review here
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #146
Twisted tuning
Former Vendor

Member #21378

Most of my customers dont want there cars or numbers posted and could give a **** about sites like this. They either race or give me cars with have ass tunes from other shops that they want fixed. They just want there cars to run right. They dont bring me craigslist junk.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 PM
1jzpat
This message has been deleted by 1jzpat.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #147
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted tuning View Post
Most of my customers dont want there cars or numbers posted and could give a **** about sites like this. They either race or give me cars with have ass tunes from other shops that they want fixed. They just want there cars to run right. They dont bring me craigslist junk.
Then why do you advertise here, I cant imagine its free? And thanks for calling my car craigslist junk.... really classy Brian. You didn't have a complaint when I was paying you in cash to fix my car, but now that you cant finish it because of you lack of motivation, skill, and knowledge of how to do the job... you just blame it on the car. Just like you blame your epic fail of a dyno day on the floors and the guys that wouldn't help you. Man up and do your job.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #148
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

This is why they are called project cars. They are time consuming and full of unforeseen issues, especially older cars. I know someone who had there car at a shop for 3 years before they got it back. 3 years and somewhere around $30k later, and there are still problems and issues with the car.

Brian should have never continued to promise you the car time and time again. That's a rookie mistake for anyone and a problem he needs to stop doing. But you could have at any point, towed your car somewhere else. You chose to stick it out with Brian. I bet any other shop would have taken a similar amount of time to get the work done. Also insulting a man that has your car and money is never a smart idea.

Either let him finish the job, or get your car and go elsewhere. Bashing a man and his business (who still has your car by the way) is not going help you at all.

I am going to defend Brian because I have business going on with him on the side and I know about all the issues he is going through. He is a very active member of the Z31 community and this is the fist complaint I have heard about him. I won't say he is right in all cases, but Pat, you gave him a (apparently) hacked up Supra that needed a lot of work. Everyone always wants their car back ASAP, but most times it never works like that. One problem leads into another problem... that leads into another problem, and so on. I know all about that, I had a 78 Z and currently have a 84Z that was all hacked up. It's no easy job to fix right.

I'm not saying you aren't right to be mad. You have every right to be pissed at this point, but continuing to complain to us isn't going to get you your car back. Do what you got to do.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #149
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
This is why they are called project cars. They are time consuming and full of unforeseen issues, especially older cars. I know someone who had there car at a shop for 3 years before they got it back. 3 years and somewhere around $30k later, and there are still problems and issues with the car.

Thats not my car, cool you have a friend that had a car that took 3 years.

Brian should have never continued to promise you the car time and time again. That's a rookie mistake for anyone and a problem he needs to stop doing. But you could have at any point, towed your car somewhere else. u chose to stick it out with Brian.

He refuses to refund me my money. Id be more then happy to take my car and money somewhere else.

Either let him finish the job, or get your car and go elsewhere. Bashing a man and his business (who still has your car by the way) is not going help you at all.

Are you suggesting that he is gonna do something to my car for telling my side of the story on a forum?

I am going to defend Brian because I have business going on with him on the side and I know about all the issues he is going through. He is a very active member of the Z31 community and this is the fist complaint I have heard about him. I won't say he is right in all cases, but Pat, you gave him a (apparently) hacked up Supra that needed a lot of work. Everyone always wants their car back ASAP, but most times it never works like that. One problem leads into another problem... that leads into another problem, and so on. I know all about that, I had a 78 Z and currently have a 84Z that was all hacked up. It's no easy job to fix right.

How can he prove the car was hacked... it was a running car till it went to his shop for a new ecu. Who wouldn't defend someone they are doin business with. And if he is very active in other communities why is he making rookie mistakes like telling me end datess over and over again? Everyone I have talked to that has anything to do with Brian has not had one good thing to say about him(and Im not just talking about Julio).

I'm not saying you aren't right to be mad. You have every right to be pissed at this point, but continuing to complain to us isn't going to get you your car back. Do what you got to do.
Then tell brian to answer his phone when I call and ill bitch to him.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #150
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by full-cruise View Post
like just chopping up the front in to run piping you use door trim there Expescially when you rubber boot is laying on it. again I'm not trying to sound like I'm trashing just saying hey look use this time to do it all ones no reason to rush and Bernies himself a nervous deck on the side of the rd. because of these simple things now.
His fab guy reran my piping shouldnt Brian or his fab guy go over this at this point? Or is this another thing I payed for that I should do?
Old 03-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #151
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Then go to the shop with a flatbed and take it back. Though you won't be getting your money back (in my opinion). No shop would do that if they put man hours into something. I can't make him answer his phone, but I can give him some advice at this point:

Give Pat his car back as is, eat whatever else money he owes you and be done with him. Nothing good is coming from this. Your name is getting tarnished because of this situation so just end it now. Just tell Pat what needs to be done to get his car running and let him take it somewhere else. It's just a messy situation and I am sure both parties want to be done with each other.

I hope you get your car back and I hope Brian just steps up his game as a business owner.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #152
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

At this point this wouldn't be an issue if the car was done and the only person that can be blamed for that is Brain. Since he is the owner and operator of twisted tuning that is why his name is getting tarnished. Get the car done or call me and we will sit down go over the bill as it sits and we can act like men and come to a conclusion or finish the car like you claim you can.

As I stated before if a happy conclusion comes at the end of this storm I will gladly ask to have this thread locked, but until then Ill continue to let people know the head aches the shop is giving me.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #153
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzpat View Post
At this point this wouldn't be an issue if the car was done and the only person that can be blamed for that is Brain. Since he is the owner and operator of twisted tuning that is why his name is getting tarnished. Get the car done or call me and we will sit down go over the bill as it sits and we can act like men and come to a conclusion or finish the car like you claim you can.

As I stated before if a happy conclusion comes at the end of this storm I will gladly ask to have this thread locked, but until then Ill continue to let people know the head aches the shop is giving me.
Not knocking you for voicing your opinion and your overall displeasure with the service you are getting. Hoping he can step up and just take care of this.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #154
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Not knocking you for voicing your opinion and your overall displeasure with the service you are getting. Hoping he can step up and just take care of this.
As do I but it doesnt feel like he wants to at this point, he told me the car would be on the rollers this monday that just passed, last friday. what makes you under estimate 3 days at this point? When I went to the shop on the 6th of march he claimed as soon as the ecu came in the mail it would go in the car and then the car would be tuned and out of the shop that after noon(i have that all on tape) and he has had the ecu since last thursday, what is his hold up now? He wont answer my text or calls at this point so once again the ball is in his court.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #155
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
wow, its fast approaching april now too..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #156
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Got a response from Brian yesterday. He said if today goes smooth, I can come by tomorrow and watch my car get tuned(he said it was not a promise tho). So I have my fingers crossed for a smooth day at twisted tuning and looking forward to an awesome weekend down the shore with my car I hope!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #157
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jzpat View Post
Got a response from Brian yesterday. He said if today goes smooth, I can come by tomorrow and watch my car get tuned(he said it was not a promise tho). So I have my fingers crossed for a smooth day at twisted tuning and looking forward to an awesome weekend down the shore with my car I hope!
I'm pulling for ya Pat. Hoping everything goes smooth. And the weekend is suppose to be crappy weather lol.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #158
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

There is a god..

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #159
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
There is a god..
Of course there is a God... who else could think of bacon?
Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #160
1jzpat
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21607

My Ride:

Bacon and boost is all I need!
Closed Thread