TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
215ek
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8604

My Ride:
is rubbin, therefore its dubbin

Send a message via AIM to 215ek
cops not knowing the law..

i got pulled over the other day for my window tint. i had 15%, and i knew there was always a chance of having some officer on a slow day getting me for it. even tho IMO its rediculous. so i took my tint off and i plan on just going to court and showing them.

but my question has to do with this part of my being pulled over:

the woman was giving me my license back and said good thing it wasnt midnight, because i "still have my cinderella license". this is obviously not true, seeing how im almost 19. she said she THINKS that if it says JL on the license then you cant drive after 12 am until your 21. "you cat drink or drive late until your 21" she said, trying to make it sound like common knowledge. clearly this woman had noo idea what she was talking about, because as soon as your 18, your license goes to a normal license. AND when i was 17 and a half i got a paper to drive whenever i want from the state. and you dont get a new license until 4 years, (in my case, when im 20). so my question is, is there anything i should do about that? AND what if she pulls me over again after midnight and gives me a ticket when its not even the law. i just dont get why you would be a police officer and not know the laws of your state.

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
215ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Bane
[TST] Police Officer

Member #8526

My Ride:
Will P.I.T. you

she was wrong, so what

if she stops you again and you have the same conversation politely express your thoughts. If you get a ticket for it take it to court, you are correct about the situation.

if you have a question next time just ask the question with any information pertaining to the situation, what you think of the officer or what you think of the reason she pulled you over is not something I care about
Old 02-25-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
215ek
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8604

My Ride:
is rubbin, therefore its dubbin

Send a message via AIM to 215ek
i understand and i know not to be rude because i know its easy to give me other tickets. i was polite and just tried to get goin on my way. thanks bane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
215ek is offline   Reply With Quote