TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

View Poll Results: What kind of driver are you? See descriptions below
Reckless 5 4.13%
Aggressive 47 38.84%
Normal 64 52.89%
Timid 2 1.65%
Terrified 3 2.48%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

What kind of driver are you?

Poll will be anonymous, choose the one you think best describes you. Here are some basic examples as to what I'd consider to be standards of how you drive. Your views may not completely align with mine, but for the sake of the thread, just pick one. Again, you don't have to do everything in the description, but pick whichever sounds like you most...

Reckless -
I do at least 15mph over the speed limit regularly, roll through stop signs, change lanes very often with no signal, tail gate if the person in front of me won't speed, pull out onto roads right in front of traffic causing people to slam on their brakes, don't use turn signals, and run red lights. Bad weather doesn't change my habits.

Aggressive - I do at least 10mph over the speed limit regularly, more if no one's around, barely slow down for stop signs, change lanes often and with a signal at the last second, use turn signals at the last second only if I feel like it, pull out onto roads right in front of traffic causing people to have to brake, and run yellow lights. Bad weather barely changes my habits.

Normal - I speed sometimes but less than 10mph over the limit, maybe occasionally more if no one's around, I stop at stop signs completely, always use turn signals, change lanes only when I have to, wait for traffic to pass to pull out onto a road, and only run yellow lights if I have no choice. Bad weather changes my habits.

Timid - I don't speed ever unless it's by accident, I stop at stop signs completely and look back and forth several times before going, always use turn signals and use them with enough warning so people have a heads up, never change lanes on the highway unless the lane is closed, and never ever run yellow lights. Bad weather changes my habits a lot.

Terrified -
I don't ever speed, in fact, I usually go under the speed limit, I stop at stop signs and let every other person go before I do, I always use turn signals and turn them on 1/4 mile early just to be safe, I hate highways and avoid them if possible, and I slow down when I see a traffic light, just in case it changes to yellow. Bad weather means I'm going to avoid driving if possible.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
I consider myself a normal driver. I do usually speed, but nothing crazy. If there is a yellow light and no cops around, ill just roll right through it. Only thing that I would say about my driving style is that I hate people who drive slow and don't keep up with the flow of traffic.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
DelayedZ
Tri-State Addict

Member #2999

My Ride:
2016 Scion FR-S (Halo White)

I picked aggressive but after reading I am more normal then aggresive, lol.

; 2003 SS 350Z Track (Sold)
DelayedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
Erik
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1962

My Ride:
2001 Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo

id say im closer to normal. everyone has their moments when they really want to get on it though. Id be cruisin just chillin then usually specific roads get me ready to piledrive a baby and drive aggressively. but i hardly push the limits. i dont street race, or weave in and out.

'96 Mazda Miata | FM V-Maxx Coilovers | Jackson Racing Exhaust/Intake GONE

01' Audi A6 2.7 Twin Turbo | Daily | NoMods
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
Sames. Im a weaver... but Im very good about signaling BEFORE i start my lane change. But I'll squeeze in between two cars that I know I can fit in, but sometimes make others a little nervous. Its okay honey, i aint gonna hit ya!

I get flicked off probably 3-4 times a week, but ive never caused an accident. I usually get a speeding ticket every six months or so. I must seem like a huge asshole on the road, but Im a very friendly person in real life. I just dont take sh*t from nobody on the road. Im the guy that, no matter how fast the car in front of me is going, i want to be going 5mph faster. lol. I'll ride someones bumper ALL DAY if they arent going fast enough and wont move over (highways only obviously). Biggest pet peeve of mine. GET THE EFF OUT OF MY WAY.

Ive been seriously considering using painters tape on my hood, to spell out backwards "MOVE OVER." Im always in a rush.. usually because Im always late. I weave, but I dont consider anything I do to be dangerous. People get mad at me because theyre not in control of my car- I am, so I know theres nothing to worry about.. I never attempt a maneuver im not 100% sure ill make. I guess i just scare people sometimes. I have toned down a lot in recent years.. I should just start leaving for work earlier.

Yeah, Id say aggressive fits me.

Last edited by 420sx; 04-23-2010 at 08:45 AM.
420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

I'm normal and calm 99% of the time. I do have my moments when I do hit teh gas but I never swerve between lanes or anything liek that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Sames. Im a weaver... but Im very good about signaling BEFORE i start my lane change. But I'll squeeze in between two cars that I know I can fit in, but sometimes make others a little nervous. Its okay honey, i aint gonna hit ya!

I get flicked off probably 3-4 times a week, but ive never caused an accident. I usually get a speeding ticket every six months or so. I must seem like a huge asshole on the road, but Im a very friendly person in real life. I just dont take sh*t from nobody on the road. Im the guy that, no matter how fast the car in front of me is going, i want to be going 5mph faster. lol. I'll ride someones bumper ALL DAY if they arent going fast enough and wont move over (highways only obviously). Biggest pet peeve of mine. GET THE EFF OUT OF MY WAY.

Ive been seriously considering using painters tape on my hood, to spell out backwards "MOVE OVER."

Yeah, Id say aggressive fits me.
You sound like a big bad of dicks.

Last edited by jpalamar; 04-23-2010 at 08:43 AM.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #7
Yes SiR
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14707

My Ride:
some kind of Honda

While this description of aggressive is what I see as reckless, I consider myself somewhere between normal and aggressive. I'm certainly not a reckless driver, but I do think I have aggressive qualities.
Yes SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post

You sound like a big bad of dicks.
Youre the friendliest person on this forum.

Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and SPEEDING!!!

Last edited by 420sx; 04-23-2010 at 08:56 AM.
420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
****, I just did the same thing lol..

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
I'm stuck between normal and aggressive.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #11
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:

Here goes: I sped. I followed too closely. I ran a stop sign. I almost hit a Chevy. I sped some more. I failed to yield at a crosswalk. I changed lanes at the intersection. I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and SPEEDING!!!
That quote reminds of of Demolition Man that says he lives in the seawer because he wants to eata bucket of KFC while sitting in a tub full of Jello and all that good stuff.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
boostjunky
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5261

My Ride:
1993 D27, 1994 D22A, 2004 CS7A

Send a message via AIM to boostjunky
None of the above

Where is the choice for Responsible Spirited? Obey all stop devices. No yellows if possible. Always advanced signal. On or under the limit on populated roads, high traffic times. Late night back roads and expressways speed limits though have no authority over me.

I've been told I drive like a touring car driver. I strive for perfection. Smooth acceleration. I hate squealing tires and having to brake on my own. Steady lane changes. Predictable, yet exciting behavior. I try to make the most out of my outings.
boostjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #13
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjunky View Post
None of the above

Where is the choice for Responsible Spirited? Obey all stop devices. No yellows if possible. Always advanced signal. On or under the limit on populated roads, high traffic times. Late night back roads and expressways speed limits though have no authority over me.

I've been told I drive like a touring car driver. I strive for perfection. Smooth acceleration. I hate squealing tires and having to brake on my own. Steady lane changes. Predictable, yet exciting behavior. I try to make the most out of my outings.

Sounds like that fits in with the 'normal' category..
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
I'd think aggressive, but after reading the description..idk. I always use my turn signal, I do change lanes a lot. I dont pull out in front of people. I speed...a lot. Always stop for stop signs. Almost always run yellow lights.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
omgjacki
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5869

My Ride:
2018 CX-5 GT Premium, 2018 Honda Grom

Send a message via AIM to omgjacki Send a message via Yahoo to omgjacki
Quote:

Haha I was repeating this all day yesterday!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgjacki View Post
Haha I was repeating this all day yesterday!

I got pulled over the other day, the cop was real friendly. Asked me how fast i thought i was going. I know i was going around 70. I said 68.

He goes "Well I appreciate the honesty, but i only gotcha at 65.5"

"Well hot damn, guess youre radar is broke, huh?"

"Guess so!" And gave me a warning. Speed limit was a 45, but it was one of those 45mph zones that EVERYONE does at least 60 in. I never have that kinda luck!
Old 04-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #17
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

By your definition, my driving is "normal". Although, I (and I'm sure anyone who's driven with me) would say that I'm more agressive. I can have some serious road rage. I honk and give people the finger...all the time.

I HATE when people don't fully stop at stop signs and do not signal when changing lanes, etc.

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
you forgot an option for angry
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #19
OBEEWON
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1315

My Ride:
Lansdale Local

Send a message via MSN to OBEEWON
The older I get the slower I drive. Been hit too many times by other people that can't control thier cars.

OBEEWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #20
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I consider myself a normal driver. I've grown up from the days of speeding around everywhere, just keeping with traffic or doing my own pace (be it slower or faster) is my habit. I don't go over 65-70 for extended periods of time, pisses people off on highways but that's why I stick to the far right lane.