TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
TWills215
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #17361

My Ride:
has AWD

Snow Drifting Follies

Last night, I was at the Yardley SEPTA station meeting up with a bud. To my discovery SEPTA decided not to plow their large, empty parking lot and I decided to take advantage of it . After much drifting around stray cars and getting a few runs I spotted a local car at the end of the road parked. With the fear of the law in mind I grabbed my bud filming and was about to leave out the back. Little did I know they were waiting for me and got cut me off in his 08 explorer 4x4 and a crownvic at my tail... surrounded

Piggie said the neighbors were complaining about my 01 subaru's exhaust and the low gears being pushed. Though to my surprise, instead of a wreckless driving ticket, a one page paper on "Why I shouldn't Drift." is due to the Yardley Borough police department by friday.
TWills215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

that's awesome
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Lucky. I got careless and 3 points back in 08.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Deznuts05
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #139

My Ride:
11' Brilliant Black Q5 3.2 S-Line

Send a message via AIM to Deznuts05
Let me help you with that paper

1. kills gas mileage
2. kills tires
3. wear on diffs and shortens oil life
4. b/c the po po will make you do extra homework...

nice job! :D

Rudy
Deznuts05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #5
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Good... Did they take your ID? Since you're dumb, reckless, and obviously not remorseful I think I'll print this out to show them.
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
Good... Did they take your ID? Since you're dumb, reckless, and obviously not remorseful I think I'll print this out to show them.
C'mon rich, as i recall ur status' a few days ago were.....wait, im goona copy and paste here from facebook.......

"Whos up for some BMW powered tobogganing in the snow?"

and

"Dorifto to the gymo..."

Drifting in the snow is harmless so long as ur careful and dont hit anything. You know that, I know that, everyone on here knows that, hell even the cops know that (and frequently do it themselves).

Illegal......maybe in some ways. but so are most things we all do to have fun with our cars (or bikes).

As long as ur not actually being "reckless" then u should be ok.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
2001teg
Tri-State Addict

Member #7004

My Ride:
2001 Integra GSR/Type-R

Daymnn ndubz put you in your place.
2001teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #8
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Did they issue this compromise in writing?
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
i_ride_fieroGT
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #10595

My Ride:
Does not hit mivec anymore.(DD) 06 solstice 5 speed. 84 IMSA Fiero5 speed. 87 Fiero GT 5 speed

It dosent surprise me. Some places allow it some places dont. i remember a couple years ago back when i had my basketcase fiero the local police let us do snownuts in the parking lot in front of the closed down regal in my area before they leveld it. a cop would sit accorss the lot to make sure things wernt getting out of hand and people were waiting there turn but they wernt a real pain in the a$$ about it now that this area is becomming over developed and over populated they dont let people do it anymore.. i'll admit it last year i took my old green fiero and got a little crazy in a parking lot accorss from the wawa... it was fun.. havent done anything this year though.
i_ride_fieroGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
CrazylilPunk
Tri-State Addict

Member #8796

My Ride:
Broom Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
Dumbest thing I ever hear of, how dare you endanger an empty snow covered parking lot OP, bastard.

Relax, you act like this OP was drifting around south street, he was in an empty parking lot in the snow. Im sure you never did anything wrong ever, or talked about it to anyone. Right on.

OP-Writing a paper instead of points is pretty gnar, you got off lucky man. PS-Subie love <3
CrazylilPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #11
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001teg View Post
Daymnn ndubz put you in your place.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
FocusDude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6269

My Ride:
01 Focus ZX3

Wow, Yardley is thinking.

Do you know anyone in the local PD?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FocusDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:55 AM   #13
WolfsFang
Tri-State Addict

Member #17214

My Ride:
2013 Scion FRS

Video or i dident happen.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #14
Godofelru
Tri-State Addict

Member #14116

My Ride:
Turbo 07 Spec V @ 11psi

Send a message via AIM to Godofelru
Based on my interpretation of the story, the OP is definitely deserves some kind of punishment. He CLEARLY stated that there were stray cars, in addition his "buddy" was outside filming. These are key reasons why the cops break this stuff up before it gets out of hand.

There's blatant disregard for his friends safety as well as other peoples personal property. You can all think you're pro's drifting in the snow, but when push comes to shove not many of us are (myself included). What happens when you accidently lose control? What happens if you hit one of the stray cars, (I know you're not gonna leave your information, nor are you gonna sit outside in the cold and wait for someone to come). God forbid you hit your friend or damage your own car.

When my friends and I do this kind of stuff we go somewhere where there are NO other people, no other cars, and we sure as hell don't get out and take pictures/video. Last big blizzard we went to a park and there were 2-3 kids sledding. We left because it wasn't fair to the kids to put them in danger.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have fun, I'm saying you should at the very least respect how other people would feel. I'm sure if your car was there while you were at work and someone hit you, we'd be reading a post about you whining.
Godofelru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #15
accordguy04
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #18243

My Ride:
2004 Honda Accord 6-6

Send a message via AIM to accordguy04
A buddy of mine got nailed a couple years ago for reckless driving while doin snownuts in a parking lot. School District rent a cop stopped him and made him wait til the City Police showed up. As they were waiting, some kids showed up and started sledding on the hill next to the lot (they weren't there when he was doin the snownuts). The SD cop lied and said he was doin snownuts while the kids were sleddin. My buddy protested to the city cop who told him, he believed that the kids weren't there, but had no proof and had to write him a ticket. F*ckin rent a cops.

I like to have fun in the snow too, def when no ones around. And in defense of the OP, he didn't say how big the parking lot was. Coulda been a huge parking lot with some cars all the way at the other end far away from where the fun was being had. Same with his friend video taping, coulda been far from harms way, no one really knows but the OP and friend.
accordguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
thefro526
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7892

My Ride:
1996 240sx & 1989 240sx Coupe

Send a message via AIM to thefro526
Aside from the obvious risk to other people's property, I don't really see anything wrong here.

If anything, you should be writing a paper on why you should snow drift and how it makes you more comfortable driving in adverse conditions because you'll know how to handle the car when things get bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Also do some things with it, with fro boy's whip.
Quote:
At this rate, though, it'll be 2015 before either of you gets yo whips running right.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
Drifting in the snow is harmless so long as ur careful and dont hit anything.
Playing with explosives is harmless as long as you don't blow yourself up. Street racing is harmless unless you wreck your car and hurt yourself or someone else.

Bad arguement even though alot of us do it doesn't mean its a good thing. I got no problem with what the OP did since it wasn't like it was an open road or anything with other cars being put at risk.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #18
P3tchSR
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15054

My Ride:
Drift 240sx, 98 Grand Cherokee Limited, 98 Jetta, 03 CBR 954RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Aside from the obvious risk to other people's property, I don't really see anything wrong here.

If anything, you should be writing a paper on why you should snow drift and how it makes you more comfortable driving in adverse conditions because you'll know how to handle the car when things get bad.
Agreed 100%!! This was one of the first ways I learned car control back when my grandfather was teaching me to drive when I was 14
Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
accordguy04
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #18243

My Ride:
2004 Honda Accord 6-6

Send a message via AIM to accordguy04
14. lol
accordguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM   #20
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Wow. I live 2 minutes from the actual train station, and I know better then to do 'snownuts' in a public parking lot. You got lucky thats all they did. Yardley cops can be real anal about that kind of stuff. Hell, they will pull you over for doing 1 mile per hour over the speed limit.