TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #21
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

yea, the langhorne great american diner was closed for only a week, its been back up for a while now...but behind the bfd/citizens bank is totally vacant! Only thing is, those apartments behind there are a lil rough...just tell the BFD that we'll report more illegals working there if they call the cops lol...we'd be the least of their worries

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
Old 09-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #22
Fourbanger
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #867

My Ride:
05 srt-4

Send a message via AIM to Fourbanger
I like your idea of the acme parking lot that would be nice as hell too. I think that might be the best idea i doubt the would care. Shall i go try to talk to them too? My mom knows one of the managers or something over there i could probably try to do something.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:25 PM   #23
TehWagon
The Calendar Master

Member #34

My Ride:
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon MBP

Send a message via AIM to TehWagon
do it up!
~Ashley *formerly CarWidow* {TST Orig No. 34 / HP#002}
{{{---MPIBTY

My favorite wagon quote:
Quote:
I needed to both haul stuff and haul arse.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:25 PM   #24
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbanger
The blue fountian diner has a large parking lot and is open 24/7 they might actually be cool with cars meeting there as well. Ill drop by today after work if nobody else has already.
The owner's daughter was one of my classmates in 8th grade and HS.

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #25
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

my g/f works there, I can ask her to ask the manager...she works @ the pharmacy there and levittown (5 pts)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
)
Old 09-30-2005, 03:32 PM   #26
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbanger
I like your idea of the acme parking lot that would be nice as hell too. I think that might be the best idea i doubt the would care. Shall i go try to talk to them too? My mom knows one of the managers or something over there i could probably try to do something.
Is this the supermarket behind Chickie and Pete's on the BLVD. Because that place would be great, too. The muscle car guys already hang out there on Sundays and they don't have any problems. I'm sure we could pull off a Thursday night thing there as well as long as we don't misbehave.

It's probably just a mile or two further from the turnpike exit and a lot closer to I-95 than Absolute Steaks.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:34 PM   #27
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

no, this is the ACME in morrisville, if you take Rt 13 down from bristol to morrisville. They have a small car show there once in a while, and that's never a problem, so I'll let y'all know what comes of it...if any moderators want to PM me and give me specific info to help push this, let me know

)
Old 09-30-2005, 03:35 PM   #28
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

How about Richboro? Large lot, Dunkin Donuts, steak and hoagie place, plus, I am the owner. Its Crossroads Plaza at the corner of Bustleton Pike and 2nd Street Pike.
I'll work on some discounts for members and I have seating for 40+ people along with 4-tvs.
I promise the food is good too.
Let me know.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #29
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinS4
How about Richboro? Large lot, Dunkin Donuts, steak and hoagie place, plus, I am the owner. Its Crossroads Plaza at the corner of Bustleton Pike and 2nd Street Pike.
You are the owner of one of the stores in the lot, or you own the entire shopping center? If you own the steak and hoagie shop, the landlord still may not be cool with 50+ cars parked in the lot just "hanging out." Regardless of what anyone on this board tells you, not everyone who comes to the meets buys something. I don't want us to all show up and get turned away by the cops because the supermarket called the cops. Know what I mean?
I just want to be sure that we will be cool before making this a definite.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
Old 09-30-2005, 05:42 PM   #30
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX
You are the owner of one of the stores in the lot, or you own the entire shopping center? If you own the steak and hoagie shop, the landlord still may not be cool with 50+ cars parked in the lot just "hanging out." Regardless of what anyone on this board tells you, not everyone who comes to the meets buys something. I don't want us to all show up and get turned away by the cops because the supermarket called the cops. Know what I mean?
Tho that does sound good and i like the idea of having a board member being the land lord. I think me need some answers now god dammit... jk but yeha this sounds good some more infor is needed tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
Old 09-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #31
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

I am the owner of " The Works.' The landlord is actually on-site (office is around back)and I have a great relationship with them. As long as the group is well behaved, ie. no burn-outs or tons of trash on ground, we will not have a problem with any of the tenants. The parking lot in front of my end of the center has about 200 spots which are pretty much unused at the times the meet takes place.

I have a great relationship also with Northhampton PD and will give them a heads up on what will be happening, but also let them know to not hold back if they see anyone out of line. I will not jepordize this realationship with the PD or the landlord for anyone.

I've been in this buisness for some time now and realize what I am getting myself into, so don't worry about that, just behave is all I ask.

I'll even talk to the owners of the D-D and see if they can extend some sort of discount or coupons to the group, but no guarentees on that. There is also a Pizza Hut sit down place here also.

If anyone has any questions, just post or PM me. Thanks.
Mike
Old 09-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #32
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX
I'll do a double check on all the excellent points you have here.

As for everyone not buying something, thats fine, I totally understand that. I actually don't wish to see 40 people enter my place all at once on a Thursday night anyway, if your in the food biz you understand what I am saying.
The main issue here, or anywher for that matter, is the behavior of the group. If everyone is cool, there will not be a problem on my end.
Again,thanks, Mike
Old 09-30-2005, 07:18 PM   #33
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
See its all about the s4 owners lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
Old 09-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #34
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2point4DSM
The owner's daughter was one of my classmates in 8th grade and HS.
..damn that was like 40 yrs ago wasnt it ? lol j/p
Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 PM   #35
Little G
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #488

My Ride:
08 Mitsubishi Evo X

I'll meet anwhere but wouldn't dairy queen be kind of a bad idea since colder weather is coming..We should do some kind of a bigger food joint..
Old 09-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #36
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Quote:
I'll work on some discounts for members and I have seating for 40+ people along with 4-tvs.
Let me know.
OMG do you know the new owner of Spatola's (now named Franceco's)? My office always orders from there and Lee's Hoagie House right near the gas station. I know how the food is from first hand experience...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #37
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toSTI
See its all about the s4 owners lol
Old 09-30-2005, 09:41 PM   #38
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
There is also a Pizza Hut sit down place here also.
My wife is all about Pizza Hut so that is even more of a bonus, lol. At this point I am starting to think a poll is going to be a waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33
...damn that was like 40 yrs ago, wasn't it?
Actually, about half that. I'm almost old enough to be your Pa, boy... haha.

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 09-30-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #39
WhiteXFire
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #305

My Ride:
2007 Infiniti G35x, 2008 MB SLK55 AMG

Send a message via AIM to WhiteXFire
Quote:
Let me know.
This is definitely the best idea. Even if Absolute opens back up, it'd be nice to mix things up...go somewhere with light and more/better choices for food. Man, now I'm mad that I'm stuck in Baltimore...

2004 Chrysler Crossfire - Gone
2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan -

2008 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG -
Old 09-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #40
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

You guys/girls make the call, I'm more than happy to help out. Someone take the lead and let me know, and I'll make the call to D-D owner and the PD to set it up.

If someone wants to check it out in person, thats fine too, just give me a PM and we'll set something up early next week. (If the wife doesn't go into labor a week early, that is.)
Mike