TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Send a message via AIM to smoger
Frustrated!! [rant]

Just getting frustration off my head.. haha.

my mechanic, who my family has gone to for years and years, is right around the corner from my dads house.. now,.. with my work schedule, i cant get to them when theyre open, so typically ill drop my car at my dads place and have him drop it at the mechanic for me.

so,.. having some problems with my beater, i drop it off at my dads place on sunday night. i put a written description of the problem, a check, and the key in a an envelope in his mailbox and got a ride home. it was late and he was due home in ~20 min so i knew the stuff would be fine in his mailbox..

so yesterday he calls me to tell me the mechanic is closed for new years so he'd take the car today. today i get a call, figuring he was gonna tell me he took it.. but instead he asks me where the key is. so i tell him in the envelope and he says it isnt! yes he got the envelope and the only thing he doesnt have is the key. i know someone didnt take it out of the mailbox because noone took the car ;) also the check was still in the envelope which im sure would have also been taken. so basically the key is lost somewhere in my dads house and my car is stranded on his block. in the mean time i have to drive the srt in whatever weather we get the next few days.

basically im gonna have to find my title, go to the dealer for a new key(which i probably wont be able to until saturday), drop THAT key to him, and THEN the car can get checked out.

urggggggghhhhhh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

.. all car enthusiasts are welcome
smoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #2
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

You left out the part where you drive to local hardware store and get extra copy of key made.
I know it sucks, but its a mistake you'll probably only make once in your life. I know I did.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinS4
You left out the part where you drive to local hardware store and get extra copy of key made.
I know it sucks, but its a mistake you'll probably only make once in your life. I know I did.
yes most definately!

| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

Old 01-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
07BlackSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #852

Send a message via AIM to 07BlackSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinS4
Yeah I know that getting an extra copy bailed me out of a few jams!

Anyway, at least you get to drive in the SRT-4 for a little bit
Old 01-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greddy2000Civic
Yeah I know that getting an extra copy bailed me out of a few jams!

Anyway, at least you get to drive in the SRT-4 for a little bit
heh, i drive the srt-4 whenever i want,.. the problem is that i dont WANT to on days like today 30mpg 87 octane automatic pwns in rush hour 76/blvd. traffic ;)

| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL

Old 01-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
07BlackSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #852

Send a message via AIM to 07BlackSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoger
30mpg 87 octane automatic pwns in rush hour 76/blvd. traffic ;)
Yea, I love my civic for the 87 octane and 33 mpg on my SOHC
Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #7
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
At least the dealer can cut you a key. I've actually worked on a car that ended up getting all new locks.

Ouch!

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2point4DSM
At least the dealer can cut you a key. I've actually worked on a car that ended up getting all new locks.

Ouch!
I left out the part where I had to buy a whole new steering column for my '82 Buick Regal because I lost my only key. As for the door locks? I wasn't going to sink any more cash into it, so I made sure never to lock it again.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #9
smoger
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #64

drama is over. 25 bones for a new key. and copies will be made this weekend

| 2000 Black Acura 3.2TL