TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

FYI, Dont ever take your car to Ciocca Hyundai, they ruined my families xmas.

I seriously cant handle their bullshyt anymore.

I was having the window motors replaced because mine have both recently decided to crap out on me. Wellllllllll, while my car was at Ciocca getting the window motors replace they Accidently ruined my window tint. It looks like a 4 year old went to town on my tint with a flat head.

No big deal, I made the service tech note the damage and thats that. I call around and get estimates on window tint and come back to them when my next oil change was due. Of course the Service Manager decides that $100 to have old window tint taken off and new put on is too much.

"First of all, its not my responsibility to replace after market tint if its damaged in my shop."

To which I responded "I called Lehigh Valley Hyundai and they said its policy to not have cars leave in worse shape than when they rolled into the shop."

So then he agreed to have their resident window tint guy from 3 blocks up the street run do and give an estimate. So then I let them keep my car for 5 days, without a single call from them. I call them up and they tell me "The tint guy was a no-show for 5 days." I need my car back so I pick it up and let the tint go until my next oil change. I dropped the car off last tuesday morning and told the manager "You keep this car until the tint is done. I dont need it back for weeks."

So the manager says to me "We dont want that thing sitting here that long."

So I said "I refuse to pick it up until the tint is fixed, I dont want that thing sitting in my driveway until its like it was before I dropped it off here 4 months ago."

Then I left. Later on Wednesday night I get a call from them. "Hi, this is XXXXX from Ciocca Hyundai, we ran into alittle problem."

"What kind of problem?" I asked

"Well we seem to have popped two of your tires"

This is when I lost my cool.

"I parked the car right outside the service doors. You guys popped two BRAND NEW tires driving the car 25 feet? Let me guess, you guys have to order parts right?"

"Yes sir"

"And it'll be a couple of weeks because of the christmas season right?"

"Yes sir"

"Fine, do whatever you have to, I want that window done and those tires fixed before Ill pick it up. I need to come down and pick up all of the presents which are in my trunk because I was told I would have the car back by the end of the week. I work at EDITED THANKS TO SUBWRXKID, see sig for details and dont have any time off until Saturday night"

"Thats fine, we are open until 6pm on Saturdays"

Guess where I just came from, FUKING CIOCCA HYUNDAI. I went there on my lunch break, raced there in my dads mini vanand got there at 5:40pm. The service department was closed but sales was open and of course no one there had keys to get into the service bay so I can get all of my Christmas Presents out of my trunk. I figured I was being smart keeping my presents in my car since the family is BIG on snooping for presents. Guess not.

I cant believe these assholes. They have officially ruined christmas for my family.
2. How many of my peers carry guns.

Last edited by Drftpretty; 02-04-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
Vypurr2
Tri-State Addict

Member #1773

My Ride:
2004 E-Blue SRT-4 / 2006 Steel Grey STI

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr2
Thats F'd up!
2004 SRT-4

I want sig pictures to be allowed!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
(You can choose to turn them on and off at any time if you don't wanna see my sig!)
Vypurr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:

I just keep paying for buying a Hyundai
Old 12-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
keep going back eventually there will be a manager there that will get it, that is bull****....sue them
Old 12-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
since they ****ed up your tires ask them for a loaner, then beat the piss out of it

i would try to contact hyundai corporate offices or something, i had a problem at conicelli hyundai and it was resolved when i went to the manager of the sales department and made threats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by drew; 12-23-2006 at 09:09 PM.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo4g63 View Post
keep going back eventually there will be a manager there that will get it, that is bull****....sue them
I only dealt with the Manager thats what I dont get. Ciocca just opened up their Hyundai location and their Garage is literally empty except for my car in there its pretty pathetic.

I cant even go back because they're closed tomorrow and monday is christmas and Im leaving for Fla. at 7pm on xmas day. My family wont get their presents until 2007. I dont really need a loaner car or I would have driven that shyt into allentown and given a Bum $20 and the keys to lose the car. lol
Old 12-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
show up with your lawyer
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #8
jc8889
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #145

Thats why I dont take my cars anywhere.
jc8889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM   #9
StatikSubie
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3197

My Ride:
98 Subaru Impreza L AWD

Damn that sucks.. Sorry to hear man.I dont take my car somewhere unless i know the reputation of that place.If its too new.. No thanks.I will wait.And if there is nobody in thier service department i start to worry more.Get a lawyer and go down there with him.Leave a nasty message on the managers Voice mail stating you are bringing the Cops and a lawyer up there and he BETTER open up that garage and get those presents for you and it BETTER be paid for or they WILL be taken to court.

I had that **** happen with a timing belt and a shop locally.They blew my parents 1g eclipse motor because they didnt do the timing rihgt and THEN proceeded to charge them for it.Didnt fly with me.They arent LEGALLY allowed to charge you for something that THEY did.They HAVE to fix it free of charge to you if it was on thier property when someone or they messed it up.thisis why they have liability insurance.

-Ugotshooledbyagirl

Sorry noticed i was on teds acct for him..lol.was cheking a few posts.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:53 AM   #10
Zeropistonz
Tri-State Addict

Member #90

My Ride:
Spinning Doritos

Send a message via AIM to Zeropistonz
Damn, thats messed up! Sorry to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
since they ****ed up your tires ask them for a loaner, then beat the piss out of it
Most car companys use another company (enterprize, hertz ect) for loaners. with the exception of bmw, mercedes and a few others. So really, they wont care if you beat the piss out of it, wont be their problem.

93' FD (Rx-7)
91' FC (Rx-7)
05' FE (Rx-8)
Zeropistonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:13 AM   #11
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeropistonz View Post
Damn, thats messed up! Sorry to hear

Most car companys use another company (enterprize, hertz ect) for loaners. with the exception of bmw, mercedes and a few others. So really, they wont care if you beat the piss out of it, wont be their problem.
conicelli hyundai gave me a car off the back lot, i took the airbox off and drove it in low gear all day ( was an auto ) then dumped some raw shrimp under the spare tire

drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:26 AM   #12
90Laser
Tri-State Addict

Member #2279

My Ride:
1997 Subaru Legacy GT (Wagon)

Send a message via AIM to 90Laser
$100 for one window? Lol your not paying for it who cares.
90Laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:37 AM   #13
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Send a message via AIM to gary
That really sucks man. I am almost sorry I recommended them. They were so nice to me and did my warranty work with no problems, unlike Lehigh Valley. They have always been so nice to me. Even when I call the service department, if they don't have it, they keep me on hold and call everywhere until they find me a part. They have always been great to me. I just don't understand it at all.

gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:50 AM   #14
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
man that is effed up! yea go back and try to get someone above that manager.. and see what they say.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:05 PM   #15
cszakolczai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2954

My Ride:
Sentra SER Spec V

wow man, thats terrible. I am almost amazed at where I work than. We have some people who complain, but nothing like that. They complain about how we are to busy and they want there oil change or whatever else done faster. Thats absolutly horrible what they did to you, and if I were you, I would get in touch with the Hyundai corporations headquarters, and I would report them, and than I would get a lawyer or something. Don't back down, kick there ass and make sure they pay for what they did. I hope you can still somewhat enjoy your holidays.

Chris
cszakolczai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #16
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiZiN View Post
That really sucks man. I am almost sorry I recommended them. They were so nice to me and did my warranty work with no problems, unlike Lehigh Valley. They have always been so nice to me. Even when I call the service department, if they don't have it, they keep me on hold and call everywhere until they find me a part. They have always been great to me. I just don't understand it at all.
Its not your fault Bonner. They took care of me and replaced my healights when they started to fog and my tie rods when they were knocking. After that it was all down hill.

I asked about a loaner car, even if I left it at home while I was gone but they only give discounts at Enterprise. Enterprise only rents to people 25 and over so I get the shaft there too.

After shopping around, a few places wont even Re-tint a car. They say that the glue is too hard to get off from the old tint and that often there is a film left over when the new tint is applied. Thats why I could only find a $100 estimate.

Auto Addictions wanted $400 to remove the old tint, and redo the entire car because they couldnt match the tints % for some reason lol.

It doesnt matter now, Im hitting Wal-mart to buy gifts for the entire family tonight after work and returning all the crap in my car when I get back from vacation. I could go on and on about how ****ty Ciocca is, For example, I was going to sell the dealership my car. I was quoted 9k for it. So I had it washed and cleaned out for them, contacted my insurance, had all my loan paperwork sent to me and took the car the them to transfer the paper work, and even took out my gauge pod and wiring. When I got there the manager comes out and tells me "This car is going to need at least $2000 worth of work. We can only give you 7k now."

I didnt even say anything to him, I just left.

Last edited by Drftpretty; 12-24-2006 at 05:42 PM.