TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
halfhorsepower
Tri-State Addict

Member #2679

My Ride:
2002 Trek town & country 4 speed cruiser

Send a message via AIM to halfhorsepower Send a message via MSN to halfhorsepower Send a message via Yahoo to halfhorsepower
I need advice.

I'm a ok driver, and i'm looking for something mid-sized. I'm a little rusty with driving manual, but i wouldn't rule that out. I don't care if it's all/front/rear. I also want something that won't be eyed up by sneaktheiving auto thefters. 4 doors is preferred, but depending on the specific car, i can be flexible. I don't care if it uses gasoline or diesel or has been fitted for veg oil etc. Just as long as i can find the fuel for it without being broke. Should i go for an older BMW, or an older Mercedez-benz. I prefer MB, but, i need a cheap car that can last another 4-5 years. I don't care how old it is, as long as it's not V-8 or something that gets horrible mpg. What do you guys suggest? Anyone know of someone wanting to part with a vehicle that fits my description? Talk to me!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
you should get a hyundai elantra or sonata they are PIMP definitely my next car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
silver05bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Send a message via AIM to JSeoul Send a message via MSN to JSeoul
shoot. I just got rid of my 01 Altima GXE when I bought this car. If I would of known someone was in need on here, I could of hooked you up. I say you get an older Honda Accord for the best all around value. IMO. Good luck with the search and let us know what you decide. And please don't go with a Hyundai, you'll be putting more money into it cause it will & IT WILL break down on you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

BBMessenger PIN: 24A39C04
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
04 Turbo Spec
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #262

My Ride:
2012 JKU

Send a message via AIM to 04 Turbo Spec
get a 4-door honda.

they run forever and are great on gas

EDIT: oh and they are cheap
04 Turbo Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
dolphinS4
Tri-State Addict

Member #740

My Ride:
2007 Magnum SRT8

+1
Honda, Acura, Toyota. Can't go wrong.
My wife learned to drive a manual on an old Integra and it took her abuse without a problem. This is your chance to learn.

An older Benz or BMW comes with big repair bills, keep that in mind.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
tjf
Tri-State Addict

Member #2754

the 5 door elantra hatchback is cool if you looking for something affordable, my hyundai is just fine and I know people that had Sonatas for over 5 years without ANY problems at all. You could look at the Sentra and the Mazda3 too.
tjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Send a message via AIM to JSeoul Send a message via MSN to JSeoul
Had Sonatas for over 5 years with no Problems at all? Thats the biggest crap i've ever heard. The older Sonatas got rated one of the worst for bad Transmission, Brakes & Electrical problems. Don't get an Integra cause that will get stolen right away. I posted up a most wanted's list on a thread somewhere. But its your choice, so do the research my friend. No one is going to hate on you in any way.

BBMessenger PIN: 24A39C04
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote