TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Domestic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #61
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showoff03LS View Post
i dont hate imports either its just the douch import owners out there that ruin the import name with their stupid actions
you mean honda owners?

Nobody On This Forum Cares About Real Performance

^If you disagree prove me wrong
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
RedBowTies88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #62
Showoff03LS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7305

My Ride:
03 cavalier,68 fairlane 500

Send a message via AIM to Showoff03LS
no import, not just honda owners, theres dbag nissan owners out there too
I Gotz More Watts Then You Got HorsePower
RIP Bill Levengood- youll be missed by everyone
Showoff03LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #63
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showoff03LS View Post
no import, not just honda owners, theres dbag nissan owners out there too
the nissan owners that are dbags just made a mistake and bought the wrong car. They're all honda drivers. ;) lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #64
SikneSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #6688

My Ride:
08 Chevy HHR SS

^sad but true.

just about every nissan down here is slammed with fart can exhaust and think they can drift

haha!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #65
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

dont forget about the welded diff's thats their favorite

nothing like going back to 1920's technology

Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #66
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:
MK5 TDI Cup Edition Jetta, MK5 GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikneSS View Post
i'm not anti-imports..... i have tons of love for cars in general. around my area there's just a bunch of douche bags that just happen to own Subarus.... they think their sh!t don't stink and that Subarus are the absolute best vehicles in the world..... and they turn their noses up at everything else.

then i just laugh because i know my wagon would embarass them

but for the most part, there's a handful of Subaru owners that i'm friends with and they're really cool people. i just hate when people think that their cars are better than anything out there and they clearly aren't. but as well all know......... Haters Gonna Hate.

i love your truck btw.... i REALLY want to take an early 90s S10 and V8 swap it..... might happen this year.
My views exactly...except towards SOME mustang owners. Now I know some people who drive mustangs that are very nice and some of them are on here but I find the other people think they're hot **** cuz the drive one. That's all I'm gonna say about that. I hope anyone here doesn't take that the wrong way because I wasn't talking about u.

That's another reason why I love being associated with Mopar enthusiasts because everyone is very nice and no one is a douchebag. And plus, all of our cars are different in some way and it's nice to hang with people who share the same interest in car

IG: @mike_perfectstance
Sublime1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #67
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime1304 View Post
My views exactly...except towards SOME mustang owners. Now I know some people who drive mustangs that are very nice and some of them are on here but I find the other people think they're hot **** cuz the drive one. That's all I'm gonna say about that. I hope anyone here doesn't take that the wrong way because I wasn't talking about u.

That's another reason why I love being associated with Mopar enthusiasts because everyone is very nice and no one is a douchebag. And plus, all of our cars are different in some way and it's nice to hang with people who share the same interest in car
+1 on the mustang owners. A lot of them are kinda like the EVO drivers of the domestic world... punk kids that think their **** don't stink.

The mopar crowd is cool for the most part, but Viper owners are some of the most obnoxious douchbags I've ever met. My dad's actually a mopar guy at heart and is much of the reason I got into cars. His very first car in highschool was a Dodge Coronet R/T with a 440 six pack.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #68
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post
+1 on the mustang owners. A lot of them are kinda like the EVO drivers of the domestic world... punk kids that think their **** don't stink.

The mopar crowd is cool for the most part, but Viper owners are some of the most obnoxious douchbags I've ever met. My dad's actually a mopar guy at heart and is much of the reason I got into cars. His very first car in highschool was a Dodge Coronet R/T with a 440 six pack.
I never see any vipers anywhere. There probably like corvette guys, I'm sure they are similar. we are a tight knit community on our Mopar forums and It's nice. Like this forum, when we bring together all kinds of cars from different countries, styles, and so on, you get conflict of interest. And that's a shame. Because were all in it for one thing, because were car enthusiasts and want a place where we can talk about with others who share the same love for cars.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #69
SikneSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #6688

My Ride:
08 Chevy HHR SS

i know a Viper owner...... he's cool for the most part. when he was a teenager he saw the last 90s Viper GTS.... fell in love and immediately starting saving his money, 10 years later he bought one. he has intake, exhaust, sweet wheels on it and babies the crap out of it, until he goes up to NJMP, haha! but he understands that there's other cars on the road and is a really humble guy when it comes to his Viper..... he's a member on here too. i forget his screen name.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #70
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

I don't think all vette guys are bad either it's normally the 50+ guys who don't think anyone but them can afford one. My tuner an friend has a C6 with twins probably one of the coolest 40+ guys you can meet with the mentality of a teenager lol. He'll egg anyone on to do car related "things" lol. He's horrible when he comes to the shop it's a bunch of you should do this an don't do that an leave it primered lol.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #71
Sublime1304
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15678

My Ride:

^hahah.

Old folks are brutal to the import crowd too. I was at the end of the year toys for tots show and the kid with the white civic hatch (i think his tst name is sovietxday), well i remember his grandparents came to that show and they really liked my car. I get that a lot. Its what they had back in those days

Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #72
B00MB@
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15320

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus (FR PKG)

Send a message via AIM to B00MB@
Mopar Fan here with a long history of neons even though they really are not american.
my uncle rides a challenger with a 440 in it and a 65 vette. got love for the both of them since they are restored and daily driven for the fun

Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #73
RedBowTies88
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16880

My Ride:
car?

i know a kid that owes a viper and an evo...and hes probably one of the biggest douche bags Ive ever met in my life

Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #74
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

Ive only owned Mopar until my car now. I am still domestic. GM.... 08 Cobalt
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #75
Tsihandy
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #18647

My Ride:
96 talon tsi

Show off I agree 100% in fact I'm building a Dsm now
And sickness putting a v8 in a compact truck is the best thing you can do for It
I love mine it surprises me all the time
Tsihandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #76
89StangGT
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16532

My Ride:
05 F250 6.0

Current:My 98 Camaro z28. COMPLETLY STOCK

Old:89 Mustang GT

-93 F150 All original
-05 SRT4 ACR 380hp
89StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #77
Showoff03LS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7305

My Ride:

i gotta say this though. hot rodders and street rod guys are a totaly diff croud. those guys will help u out no matter what, theyll stand there and talk to u till the sun sets. you dont have that kinda interation with import owners and a lot of mustang owners, import people only care about them selfs and try to out hp the next guy, some stang owners are the same way, they have blotted egos cuz they have a 5.0, cowl hood and ET streets and their flowmater system. Street rodders and hot rodders have one main goal to be the loudest, roudyest and the coolest of the pack, they dont care what hp they have, they go for Style. granted hotrodders dont mess around when it comes to motors but they try to get both worlds into one car and they do it to with major style and sound. fat tires, straight pipes and super chargers. and if u nudge'em enough theyll melt the tires on their 80k hot rod or street rod with out care.

i can say this about some of the people i met here on TST no matter what they drove they always came up to me when i had the cavi and told me how nice it was and how clean it was.

89StangGT - nice cars man. i like to see people take the time and do stuff right instead of just throwin isht together like some do.

I might become a import owner, im lookin at gettin a 91 Mitsu. Mighty max truck that fully bagged and body dropped. but im gonna do a motor swap in it and i thought of maybe gettin (if possible) a 87 GNX engine and trans
Old 01-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
mckchr67
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15327

My Ride:
Touareg & e34

Send a message via AIM to mckchr67
Yeah I am a mustang owner, but I don't think I am hot **** because of that... I think it is the other $60k worth of used cars sitting in my driveway along with the mustang before my mid 20's.... you guys must be the smelly people at car meets if you think broke ass mustang owners are the snobs... haha... unless they have a kb set up or twins... then they might have some rich snob in them...
Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #79
Showoff03LS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7305

My Ride:

i didnt say all stang owners. half of the ones u run into only have a flowmaster x pipe on the car and they thing they can beat every car on the road.

You sir i have no prob with, since u have a Saab 93. i would have done anything to have the topend off of one of them for my Cavi.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #80
mckchr67
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15327

My Ride:
Touareg & e34

Send a message via AIM to mckchr67
I was just out there to do a smoke run everytime I pulled out of the driveway... lol... Need to shop the local bone yards for saab stuff... it is out there... I will be full euro family as of tomorrow though, I am going to be trading the mustang...