TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #201
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Man, gotta love those TDI's!!!

The sportwagen is a lot of fun to drive, even without the higher torque of the diesel but it's impossible to beat 47 mpg.

I think the 2015 TDI is going to be a collector car at some point, or at least highly sought after. The MQB chassis is so good and has the bones for all of the tech upgrades that came later on in the generation. Keep the diesel going and you can up-spec the TDI wagens to something extremely special.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:53 AM   #202
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Quick and small road trip update. Drove to the Finger Lakes region on Friday, came home Sunday. One of my friends rode with, car was completely loaded down with food, drinks, coolers, all kinds of ****, not really any space left, roof box was loaded, and I had my BMX bike on the roof, as well.

Got 39.5mpg for the trip. Up and back landed me at 450ish miles, about 160 of those miles were with cruise at 76mph up and down the mountains between Williamsport and NY. Pretty good considering the speed, the constant full boost pulls up the mountains, the weight, the loss of aero, etc.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #203
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Another update. I'm a big dumb idiot, but after getting my finances in order I bought another Touareg. This time a 2010 Lux Limited TDI with air suspension. One of a few dream Touaregs, and a pretty rare one.

I bought it in April, I think, with 91k miles, and now I'm at 94k maybe? I've barely driven it, just to camp occasionally. It sat for months when DMV services were closed.

In the last 8 months I've done way more than I wanted to do to it:
I bought wheels and tires for it from a friend (285/60R18 - 31.5"). Put too big of wheel spacers on it. Trimmed bumper/fender liner/intercooler vents and moved intercoolers to fit tires. Fixed an intercooler hose that popped off after moving the intercoolers. Did an oil and filter change. Swapped the HID bulbs in the headlights because one was failing. Temporarily fixed the driveshaft bearing support with heater hose and just received a new aftermarket, billet, bolt-in driveshaft support that I need to put in next weekend. Got cheap roof rack bars and a big roof box in anticipation of a return to Daytona, but that's probably not happening now. Swapped all the drivetrain fluids - front and rear diffs, transfer case, and transmission. And I also found a DPF/DEF delete for really cheap secondhand, so I installed that and tuned it.

Untitled by Pat, on Flickr
Driveshaft support by Pat, on Flickr
Heater hose driveshaft support fix by Pat, on Flickr

IMG_9165 by Pat, on Flickr
IMG_9609 by Pat, on Flickr
Untitled by Pat, on Flickr
Old 12-07-2020, 11:28 AM   #204
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

I loved driving my touareg but hated it when it broke. Ill be happy to watch you build it up. I think the V6 diesel is a great car and the air suspension is great. Looks pretty badass with the big tires.

Only improvement would be the V10.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:31 PM   #205
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
I *love* the heater hose fix, haha
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:18 AM   #206
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Thanks. Haha, the heater hose is actually a real trick that's been around the Touareg and Cayenne forums for quite some time. It worked a treat and after inspecting it (before putting the billet support in), I'd honestly do it again, skip the billet, and drive it anywhere. I'm hoping to put 33s on it sometime this year... at stock ride height. Gonna have to get creative for that, so that'll be a fun update haha.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:45 AM   #207
2n3rz
Noob-Jersey

Member #28795

My Ride:
2011 wrx

That's a great looking Touareg
2n3rz is offline   Reply With Quote