TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #81
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Send a message via AIM to nissamax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif22 View Post
Vortex bowls are great I have one on my mya. But I have to say I like phunnels more. The smoke is way thicker. Although my ported vortex bowl works pretty well, I still favor the phunnel.
in for these videos on youtube when you make them.

i have a vortex bowl and i like it alot better then the one that came with the hookah. but i dont know that much.

I feel like im doing something wrong.

i put fresh water in with ice. and when i pack the bowl i pack it lighly making sure the tin foil is not right on top of the tobacco. and i put 2 large coals placed side by side on top. The tobacco im using is Al Falkner. i get decent smoke but i feel like it is not thick at all. what am i doing wrong????? or what can i change. i posted a picture of my hookah a few posts ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nissamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #82
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Send a message via AIM to Asif22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post
in for these videos on youtube when you make them.

i have a vortex bowl and i like it alot better then the one that came with the hookah. but i dont know that much.

I feel like im doing something wrong.

i put fresh water in with ice. and when i pack the bowl i pack it lighly making sure the tin foil is not right on top of the tobacco. and i put 2 large coals placed side by side on top. The tobacco im using is Al Falkner. i get decent smoke but i feel like it is not thick at all. what am i doing wrong????? or what can i change. i posted a picture of my hookah a few posts ago.

Vortex bowls work pretty good. WAY better than the stock bowls. Just make sure the ports aren't clogged and if they are just use steel wool and a dremel to clean them up. What kind of coals are you using? For quicklights 3 kings works the best IMO. Try larger diameter holes in the foil also. But before you do any of that change the hoses. Those look to be a small diameter. I have smoked with smaller hoses and it totally chokes out the whole hookah IMO. I went to lowes and made one out of clear tubing and brass ends and it works amazing. People actually tell me the smoke is too thick haha.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #83
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Old 01-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #84
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

im going to post better pics of mine tomorrow. and im gonna check out making these custom hoses because i feel like that could be the reason now that you say it. im not sure what coals im use i can check. i herd wood burning coals were the best but take forever to light.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #85
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

So i finally got some pictures. The coals im using is Three kings. i feel like they burn very quick and make alot of ash.

I poked the holes bigger in my tin foil and could pull alot more air through.

The stock hose

Where my water is filled to. good level? Excuse the dirty water it was right after i smoked.

hookah

sorry for the crappy iphone pics

going to the hardware store later to make hoses.
any info would be great.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #86
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Oh ok I see. You said you can notice more pull with bigger holes right? Thats good. Is that on a vortex bowl? You can also try to use more holes. Its a trial and error thing. Because depending on the hookah, hose, water level, and bowl...Well that all is a factor in how it pull.

Your water level looks good though so for now try a little more holes. You are using the 3 kings circle coals? Add a half coal onto the head so you will be using 1 and 1/2. Doing that should maximize what you got now. If you go to lowes you can make a bigger hose, that would be a great upgrade. Also the phunnel bowl. They have it on world hookah.com for around 10 bucks. Best 10 I ever spent on hookah ahaha...

Im probably gonna hookah tonite Ill try to take a few pics/video of my equipment and smoke desnisty
Old 01-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #87
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Also one more tip. I cant tell in the pic but always do the foil shiney side down it retains the heat in the bowl more. I want to get some type of heat wrap or something to retain heat in the head for a more even glazing of the shisha haha
Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #88
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Thanks for all your info its very helpful

If you could make a video of how to pack your bowl and set everything up that would be great.

Yes it is a Vortex bowl. i feel like its very messy and i try to keep the shisha not so close to the wholes. I wanna get a phunnel bowl. but i cant really have it shipped to my house because my parents dont like it so idk how im gonna get one lol. With the coals we use 2 at one time the they hang over the edge and then they burn a little and fit perfectly.

On another note i went to home depo and bought some brass fittings and clear hose. im going to take pictures of the set up. im very excited to see how it goes. The whole set up cost me 14 dollars.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #89
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post
Thanks for all your info its very helpful

If you could make a video of how to pack your bowl and set everything up that would be great.

Yes it is a Vortex bowl. i feel like its very messy and i try to keep the shisha not so close to the wholes. I wanna get a phunnel bowl. but i cant really have it shipped to my house because my parents dont like it so idk how im gonna get one lol. With the coals we use 2 at one time the they hang over the edge and then they burn a little and fit perfectly.

On another note i went to home depo and bought some brass fittings and clear hose. im going to take pictures of the set up. im very excited to see how it goes. The whole set up cost me 14 dollars.
No problem man its a hobby of mine haha. Yep im actually about to call my friend right now. Hes real good with editing. I wanna see if he can help me. I HOPE by the end of the week I can have it done. If he doesnt i can make one with no editing for now.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #90
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

waiting for your video

meanwhile i decided to take your advice and i made my own hoses. I bought 2 brass fittings (2.50) 2 plastic fittings (1.50) plastic hosing 10 feet ish (8.00)

the hoses work amazing it allows you to pull more air easily bubbles harder and smoke it thicker i feel. plus you can see the smoke coming through the hose into yo mouth.

sorry for the crapy picks i will get better ones.

Comparison of opening. i forget what size hoses i bought but they are significantly bigger.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #91
g0dzuki
Tri-State Addict

Member #15544

My Ride:
Scion tC

damn i miss smoking hookah

g0dzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #92
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Hose looks good dude! I recorded the video, I'm just trying to edit it. It won't let me upload the movi file for some reason. If I cant get it Ill just do the raw file. It still has the whole DIY part in there
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #93
06SS/SC ALL DAY
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10193

My Ride:
1992 Geo Metro Prizm

Asifff!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #94
g0dzuki
Tri-State Addict

Member #15544

My Ride:
Scion tC

asiffff! we need to do ramadan meets this year lol

and a hookah meet!

g0dzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:09 AM   #95
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:
JDM TyTe 1988 Single Turbo 1JZ 5-Speed Supra & 1998 Twin Turbo 6-Speed Supra BPU like a muhf***a!

Send a message via AIM to InvisibleMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to InvisibleMonkey
We definitely need to set up a hookah meet.

InvisibleMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #96
armyguy6566
Tri-State Addict

Member #12658

My Ride:
RIP 2004 VW Jetta 2.slow

Send a message via AIM to armyguy6566
just got this as a gift the other day.
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family, I love the way it is now, and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me, that should be all of our attitudes, cause this is America, and a country boys good enough for me, son."

RIP SGT Germaine Debro and SSG Jeffrey Hansen
armyguy6566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #97
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:
JDM TyTe 1988 Single Turbo 1JZ 5-Speed Supra & 1998 Twin Turbo 6-Speed Supra BPU like a muhf***a!

Send a message via AIM to InvisibleMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to InvisibleMonkey
Thats pretty cool.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #98
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Hey, my friend hasn't helped me edit the video yet : ( I am going to see if I can use my bros mac to edit it. I have the raw footage right now. Ignore a few of the scenes they are suppose to be edited out haha. So I am going to post the raw videos. This has the DIY in there and the second video has a sample of the thickness of the smoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zm8Vn-qWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSWK--GF34
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 AM   #99
Asif22
Tri-State Addict

Member #5682

My Ride:
2008 Honda S2000 CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SS/SC ALL DAY View Post
Asifff!!!!!!
AMERICA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0dzuki View Post
asiffff! we need to do ramadan meets this year lol

and a hookah meet!
Dude I am so down. for real
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleMonkey View Post
We definitely need to set up a hookah meet.
Yeah man def. We gotta get a session in soon. Its been a while lol
Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #100
InvisibleMonkey
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4854

My Ride:

Hell yeah man.

Let me just put this on record, Asif knows how to set up hookah for amazing smoke.