TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2005, 05:52 PM   #21
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoy91tsi
it's HIS only mod see read carefully

but then again thats still not true... he has an STi radiator cap to
Far from the truth...I was just making the guy who replied first happy, since that's all he knows about my car.

Since I got the car....

rad fans
brakes
rad cap
plug wires
lug nuts (lol)
EBC
wideband
fixed AFPR
rewired fuel pump
bov
EPROM ECU

Last edited by IMPREZvWRX; 09-18-2005 at 02:33 PM.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 PM   #22
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Yep. Definately sounds like an 4G63.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
xEJ20x
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #72

My Ride:
13 STI

Send a message via MSN to xEJ20x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Power
race me
Why do I have the feeling this kid will eventually be thrown into the Troll Cage.

And then share the same fate as Toretto.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:47 PM   #24
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Power
oooo, you have a bov? no way. that is soo cool.
lol, sorry but thats funny
Chair-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:47 AM   #25
Urinemachine
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX
Go **** yourself.

No seriously, race Black Power.
Urinemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:48 AM   #26
Urinemachine
Tri-State Aficionado
Banned

Member #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX
Far from the truth...I was just making the guy who replied first happy, since that's all he knows about my car.

Since I got the car....

rad fans
brakes
rad cap
lug nuts (lol)
EBC
wideband
fixed AFPR
rewired fuel pump
bov
...and coming this weekend - EPROM ECU! (yay, go me)

Radiator caps are a modification? Lug nuts? Wtf am I doing wrong.
Urinemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:19 AM   #27
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urinemachine
Radiator caps are a modification? Lug nuts? Wtf am I doing wrong.
Bronze painted calipers are a modification?

The rad cap is 1.3 bar, to keep the car from boiling over - of all the things that I tried, this is what kept the car from overheating. The lug nuts was a joke, hance the (lol) next to it. Let me clarify for those of you who don't know.

joke Audio pronunciation of "joke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #28
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:
08 Sienna Limited AWD, 07 John Deere riding mower, 03 Honda Pilot, 92 GSX

Send a message via AIM to 2point4DSM
Obviously, I like DSMs. This car is no exception. Looks like it found a good home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyDSM95
I will just answer both of you at once. There are different results/"problems" since every car is different. Some DSMer's have problems right away when they vent their BOVs, some have problems that arise later on, and from what I have read/heard some have none at all (besides running rich). Since the MAF/MAS is metered air it would throw a CEL light since the air is not being recirculated.

You can vent the BOV however if you have a hacked MAF/MAS (which most 1st gen DSMers' do) or if you have a stand alone management system (such as DSMlink or AEM EMS).
I think we need to define, "problem." If the car runs slower, or the mod causes other misc problems with driveability and CEL lights then I would say THERE IS a "problem."

Then, EVERY DSM that runs the stock MAF in the stock location will have a problem venting the BOV even if your running DSM link. Btw, DSM link is not a standalone. It is a chip mod for the stock ecu.

It's funny when I read stuff like, "I'm venting my BOV and don't have problems... but the car does funny things like shut off at stop lights or eats a ton of gas."

08 Sienna, limited AWD w/ laser guided cruise control, FTMFW!
2point4DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #29
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2point4DSM
Obviously, I like DSMs. This car is no exception. Looks like it found a good home

I think we need to define, "problem." If the car runs slower, or the mod causes other misc problems with driveability and CEL lights then I would say THERE IS a "problem."

Then, EVERY DSM that runs the stock MAF in the stock location will have a problem venting the BOV even if your running DSM link. Btw, DSM link is not a standalone. It is a chip mod for the stock ecu.

It's funny when I read stuff like, "I'm venting my BOV and don't have problems... but the car does funny things like shut off at stop lights or eats a ton of gas."
I think you need to take a look over at PhillyDSM and read about that guy from Nazareth. 2g venting his BOV with no problems (not sure if you want to call running rich a problem, because that is always going to happen). And if you want to call the car not running optimal between shifts a problem you can, I wouldn't. As I said before some cars may bog, die, CEL whatever from venting, and other's won't.

I understand that DSMLink is NOT a stand alone but it sure likes to be compared to the best of them (and it will not compensate for the air so I made a mistake on that one). I think VPC is also another option besides a MAF-T blow through for venting. And I like reading stuff like "Oh your car is going to catch on fire and you are going to die" when in reality it won't.

But back on topic, I am glad you joined the dark side

Last edited by SexyDSM95; 09-16-2005 at 09:58 AM.
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #30
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
I think you need to take a look over at PhillyDSM and read about that guy from Nazareth. 2g venting his BOV with no problems (not sure if you want to call running rich a problem, because that is always going to happen). And if you want to call the car not running optimal between shifts a problem you can, I wouldn't.
To me, those are problems. ;) Especially when it will cause more problems down the road... ie, clogged o2 sensor, fouled plugs, burnt cat (if it's still there).

Quote:
I think VPC is also another option besides a MAF-T blow through for venting.
Yup. That's what I got.

Quote:
And I like reading stuff like "Oh your car is going to catch on fire and you are going to die" when in reality it won't.
When a car comes with 3 bolts to hold down the fuel rail and you drive it with 2 then your asking for a problem. Get that fire extinguisher already.

Hey, where are the people that were complaining about aftermarket seats. Back me up here. haha.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #31
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
When a car comes with 3 bolts to hold down the fuel rail and you drive it with 2 then your asking for a problem. Get that fire extinguisher already.

Hey, where are the people that were complaining about aftermarket seats. Back me up here. haha.

....mmmmhrmmmm then I guess since I am also missing a screw for my sideskirts they are going to eventually fall off too. And when you drive around with 4 lug nuts instead of 5, your wheel is going to spontaneously fall of...OH NOEZZZ!

Seriously, where did you get your degree in metallurgy to prove that a cast aluminum fuel rail can flex enough because of one missing bolt to cause a leak? The bolt it not even missing, it's still in there just in half.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:54 AM   #32
2point4DSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #505

My Ride:

Quote:
....mmmmhrmmmm then I guess since I am also missing a screw for my sideskirts they are going to eventually fall off too.
Maybe. But who cares about sideskirts. Haha.

Quote:
And when you drive around with 4 lug nuts instead of 5, your wheel is going to spontaneously fall of...OH NOEZZZ!
You make fun of serious things. If the car came with 5 you better have 5 lug nuts. ;)

Quote:
Seriously, where did you get your degree in metallurgy to prove that a cast aluminum fuel rail can flex enough because of one missing bolt to cause a leak? The bolt it not even missing, it's still in there just in half.
Cast aluminum doesn't flex; it will crack. And it is very brittle compared to cast iron, forged Al, etc.

Any mechanical engineers on here... come on... speak up.

Last edited by 2point4DSM; 09-16-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #33
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
Cast aluminum doesn't flex; it will crack. And it is very brittle compared to cast iron, forged Al, etc.

Any mechanical engineers on here... come on... speak up.
Show me a single image of a cast fuel rail that cracked as a result of missing one bolt. You speak from assumptions and no physical proof like I am pushing 1,000 psi through there. But who cares, per your advice, I converted to a forged titanium/aluminum alloy rail with two missing bolts!!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #34
teh DIRT
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6

My Ride:
Legacy 2.0GT

Send a message via AIM to teh DIRT
im learning to be a mech engineer....but yeah....i got nothing. unless you need something done in CAD.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #35
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

Quote:
Show me a single image of a cast fuel rail that cracked as a result of missing one bolt. You speak from assumptions and no physical proof like I am pushing 1,000 psi through there. But who cares, per your advice, I converted to a forged titanium/aluminum alloy rail with two missing bolts!!

ive seen that fuel rail hiss and leak with 2 bolts... **** ive seen that thing hiss and leak with all the bolts in it!....
Old 09-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #36
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizee
ive seen that fuel rail hiss and leak with 2 bolts... **** ive seen that thing hiss and leak with all the bolts in it!....
Well you weren't looking at mine...mine hissed b/c of a bad lower seal not because of a snapped bolt.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #37
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

your right i wasnt looking at yours... but you see one 4g63 you seen em all...some you just see in your rear view lol
Old 09-16-2005, 01:00 PM   #38
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
your right i wasnt looking at yours... but you see one 4g63 you seen em all...some you just see in your rear view lol
...uh huh and all Rustang drivers' have mullets too, right?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:30 PM   #39
Bizee
Tri-State Addict

Member #210

on a serious note, im sure the rail doesnt bend however for the injectors to be seated PROPERLY they need they need pressure against them even having good orings. those things need to be pushed in good in order not to leak or hiss, even a little c0cked and your asking for trouble, and the less bolts, the less pressure the more movement and more chance of trouble..

also, i dont know about all "rustang" owners but i do have a mullet.. but hey ill take a dsm too im not badmouthing them anymore then mustangs.. **** ill OWN your dsm anytime your ready...

IMPREZAvWRX: car sounds great, goodluck with it and let the modding begin!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM   #40
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
on a serious note, im sure the rail doesnt bend however for the injectors to be seated PROPERLY they need they need pressure against them even having good orings. those things need to be pushed in good in order not to leak or hiss, even a little c0cked and your asking for trouble, and the less bolts, the less pressure the more movement and more chance of trouble..

also, i dont know about all "rustang" owners but i do have a mullet.. but hey ill take a dsm too im not badmouthing them anymore then mustangs.. **** ill OWN your dsm anytime your ready...

IMPREZAvWRX: car sounds great, goodluck with it and let the modding begin!
Tehehhehe which is funny since you said "No" last time I was down there...Engineers do things for a reason, if a car "needed" an exact amount of bolts/nuts/whatever then cars would be catching on fire or falling apart left and right. They have safety features and designs to counteract these mishaps. So, what you just said has no value in my situation. As I told Wil, you guys are assuming or making it seem like I am running 1000 psi through there when in reality, it's only 30-40. To even further prove a point, I will continue to run my car like this purposely. Even when I find a single 550cc injector so I can throw all 4 back in. Hell, I will even break 12's with this set up minus ONE fuel rail bolt.