TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-16-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Send a message via AIM to drew
this is nuts.. leos and geminis less likely to get into trouble on the road?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061214/...gy_driving1_dc

that's crazy!

but, i gotta say from asking a few people it seems true!

i'm an aquarian and i've got 2 at fault accidents, speeding tickets, driving on the wrong side of the road, and other moving & equipment violations. my girlfriend is a gemini and has a clean record
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:22 AM   #2
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Number 1 Worst :
Libra - Sept. 23 to Oct. 22 Libra is the "sign of the scales", it craves balance and consensus. Libra doesn’t like to make snap decisions. But rush hour traffic is not a time for seeking driver approval, or for being indecisive.
2nd Worst Position :
Aquarius - Jan. 20 to Feb. 18 They’re impulsive, and ruled by the Planet of speed and rebellion. Aquarians need to get a better grip behind the wheel.
3rd Worst Position :
Aries - Mar. 21 to Apr. 19
Its symbol is the ram. Not good a sign to have for avoiding accidents. Aries have a "me first" child-like nature, that drives Aries into trouble.
4th Worst Position :
Pisces - Feb. 19 to Mar. 20 This sign enjoys daydreaming. So wake up Pisces, driving in the “real world" requires your complete attention.
5th Worst Position :
Scorpio - Oct. 23 to Nov. 21

The scorpion’s instinct is to get revenge, and driving is the perfect avenue to vent a little Scorpion road rage. If you pass a Scorpio, plan on being chased.
6th Worst Position :
Taurus - Apr. 20 to May 20 The astrological sign for Taurus is the bull. They’re stubborn, and have an urge to charge at red lights.
7th Worst Position :
Sagittarius - Nov. 22 to Dec. 21 They’re risk-takers, but they’re experienced risk takers, and know that stunt driving should be left to the professionals. This is a talkative group, and they should consider putting their cell phone down and just driving.
8th Worst Position :
Capricorn - Dec. 22 to Jan. 19 Capricorn is goal oriented. They’re more concerned about the destination than the journey. They feel that the rules of the road are for other drivers to follow so that Capricorns can get to their destination faster.
9th Worst Position :
Virgo - Aug. 23 to Sept. 22 Virgos have a nervous attention to detail. They made the cover of the Car Carma book. They’d be slamming their brakes on to avoid hitting a squirrel, but cause a 10 car pile-up.
3rd Best Position :
Cancer - June 21 to July 22 They’re homebodies, and consider the roadway of drivers their extended family. But they’re a moody group, and would be the ones to honk at you for no reason at all.
2nd Best Position :
Gemini - May 21 to June 20
Geminis are the original multi-taskers. They can eat, drink, read the newspaper, shave, or apply make-up all while driving, although this is NOT recommended, even if you're a Gemini. It’s the sign of the twins; while one is driving the other co-pilots.
Number 1 Best :
Leo - Jul. 23 to Aug. 22 Leo is generous, and comfortable in sharing the roadway. They‘re known for having a huge ego, which is their driving force to be the best.

Tickets & The Driver's Sign

Here are the Astrological Signs that had the most influence over drivers, causing them to have the greatest number of tickets, from worst to best.
1. Pisces – Worst
2. Aries
3. Aquarius
4. Capricorn
5. Libra
6. Taurus
7. Scorpio
8. Leo
9. Cancer
10. Virgo
11. Sagittarius
12. Gemini – Best

Accidents & The Driver's Sign

Here are the Astrological Signs that had the most influence over drivers, causing them to have the greatest number of accidents, from worst to best.
1. Libra – Worst
2. Scorpio
3. Capricorn
4. Aries
5. Aquarius
6. Sagittarius
7. Pisces
8. Taurus
9. Virgo
10. Gemini
11. Cancer
12. Leo – Best

crazy
Old 12-16-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
PotenzaSub
Tri-State Addict

Member #2213

how about some numbers to put it in context. Like, how many accidents do Pisces have compared to leos?

(2 accidents? do you still have ur license?)
PotenzaSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #4
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotenzaSub View Post
(2 accidents? do you still have ur license?)
in washington we don't have that stupid ass points system, and i don't have a license out here :]

edit: to clarify, i have a license, but it's for washington state. i was suppost to get a PA license like a year ago but i never did, my WA expires in 2010 so that's when i'll get a new one lol
Old 12-16-2006, 05:41 AM   #5
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
allow me to wreck your curve, aquarius. no accidents, no tickets, no hits, no steals, no nothing. that stuff is bupkiss

Did get pulled over for being "white" once though

Last edited by Dave; 12-16-2006 at 05:45 AM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I'm a Pisces.

2 at fault accidents- one definitely my fault, the other one...no way

I have been hit so many times I can hardly remember...

My old small block powered low rider S-10- got hit on L-town parkway while I was waiting to turn into Taco Bell. A couple of weeks later, hit at a red light on Newtown Bypass.

My '84 GTI- Only owned this car long enough to get the Title back from PennDOT, then sold to a buddy. In that time, I got hit by a mentally challenged individual while on the drive around Oxford Valley Mall. I was in the outside lane when this guy pulled up next to me...looked right over at me, then proceeded to put me into the curb. As mad as I was, I laughed my a$$ off. As bad as the hit sounded, there was only a torn up sidewall and a scratch on my door.

'83 Toyota truck- a woman backed into me while I was waiting to pull out of 7-11 parking lot in Newtown

'95 Toyota truck- another hit from behind on Newtown Bypass

'72 Chevy truck- hit from behind on Buck Road at Middle Holland Road.

'68 Kaiser- I was waiting to pull out of Richboro Wawa when a woman backed out of a parking space and destroyed the back of her husband's Nissan truck when she hit me. The Nissan's tailgate was dangling from the hinge, the bumper was in a 'V' shape, both bedsides were buckled. The Kaiser had a slightly bent bumperette, which I think was bent before the incident

Then some dude in a Lime Green Civic parked himself windshield deep under the back of the Kaiser on Newtown/Richboro Road when I was stopped at the back of traffic line. My rear wheels were off the ground, so I put it in 4x4 to pull off of his hood. My hitch made a clean incision on the Honda hood from windshield to bumper. The car was destroyed, and the dude claimed that he had no insurance, so I left him there for dead.

That is all I can remember for now...
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
7th Worst Position :
Sagittarius - Nov. 22 to Dec. 21 They’re risk-takers, but they’re experienced risk takers, and know that stunt driving should be left to the professionals. This is a talkative group, and they should consider putting their cell phone down and just driving.

That is soo true for me...I um...text while driving?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
"They’re impulsive, and ruled by the Planet of speed and rebellion"

now that i look at it, this part at least does fit me. I tend to make decisions fast and I have some mild problems with authority ;)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #9
ibepressin
Tri-State Addict

Member #2707

My Ride:
99 nbm z-28 stock

Leo here, never 1 accident been driving 17 years. But maybe I just know how to drive? Then again... I'm just lucky. When pulled over I get down on my knees for the cop until I either see the ticket book " big pad in PA" then I bust his balls like no other. Or the warning pad "Small pad in PA" then I continue to be the upstanding citizen I obviously am.
ibepressin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Im a Gemini, ask Susie what I can do while driving.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
IntegrasAreBest
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2474

haha im a libra and its true! 15 points, 3 accidents. haha
IntegrasAreBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:10 PM   #12
CobaltGrl
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2672

My Ride:
06' Chevy Cobalt Sport Coupe

Send a message via AIM to CobaltGrl Send a message via MSN to CobaltGrl Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltGrl
Leo - Jul. 23 to Aug. 22 Leo is generous, and comfortable in sharing the roadway. They‘re known for having a huge ego, which is their driving force to be the best.

O HELL YA!!!

LEOS FTW!!!!!!!

Quote:
I hope this doesnt excite Cobaltgirl into a wanking frenzy!
Quote:
thanks sandy i appreciate your undying love for me.
CobaltGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #13
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltGrl View Post

O HELL YA!!!

LEOS FTW!!!!!!!

Leo baby!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #14
olmytsi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #159

My Ride:
99 Lexus SC300

Send a message via AIM to olmytsi
Too bad im a cancer and i am not moody and i never honk at ppl let alone for no reason...
olmytsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
CobaltGrl
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2672

My Ride:
06' Chevy Cobalt Sport Coupe

Send a message via AIM to CobaltGrl Send a message via MSN to CobaltGrl Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltGrl
you would be the ONLY Cancer in the world who isnt moody then ...damn crabs

Quote:
I hope this doesnt excite Cobaltgirl into a wanking frenzy!
Quote:
thanks sandy i appreciate your undying love for me.
CobaltGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:35 PM   #16
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Pisces - Feb. 19 to Mar. 20 This sign enjoys daydreaming. So wake up Pisces, driving in the “real world" requires your complete attention.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAH! I love daydreaming while driving. I make car sounds, check out the other drivers, cars, roadkill, ANYTHING but the actual traffic. I only have 1 (self-inflicted) accident though, and 1 ticket so I can't be that bad...no close calls either (and my accident and ticket were when I was 16, so 5 years with nothing).
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
ask Susie what I can do while driving.
not sure how to take that, i have a feeling i dont want to know
Old 12-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #18
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

I'm an Aquarius - 2 accidents. I was rear ended twice... so none my fault... No tickets either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #19
drew
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2617

My Ride:
fuzion & exploder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade_ View Post
I'm an Aquarius - 2 accidents. I was rear ended twice... so none my fault... No tickets either.
i got rear ended in washington state by an off duty police officer who was drunk

ended up being my fault
Old 12-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #20
99SL2_Modder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #264

My Ride:
2009 Saturn Aura XR6

I think it's true for the most part.

I'm a combination of many of those things, but to be honest, I've really only gotten hit for 1 thing in my driving career.

I got pulled over for doing 58 in a 35. In my defense, I went to pass a guy that was doing 15mph for no reason, and just wasn't paying attention and blew through a 3 cop speed trap. They hit me for tint too (before I got it darkened). No fix-it, just a "pay this".

I blew past cops doing almost a buck, my windows are about a 10% tint, I've been in 2 accidents with this car, neither of which was my fault. On my Firebird, I've been running it open headers for the past month or so and haven't gotten stopped. Flooring it down 13, going too fast for the speedometer to read with the secondaries suckin it in, I saw the light ahead change so I stopped. A cop rolled out of the DD and pulled up next to me and pointed at my window. I rolled it down and he said, "Sounds nice! Launch that sucker.". So I launched it at the light change and continued to do the speed limit afterwards. They zoomed by and gave 2 honks.

Hell, when I got my saturn back on the road, I got hit the first day I started driving it. My stickers were 3 months out of date or so, and I was driving it to school because I had an appointment for after school to get it checked out. Wouldn't you know, the 10 minute trip from my hours to school, I get stopped 50 yards from school for expired stickers. He let me go and told me to make sure I get it taken care of.

I guess I'm just lucky, but I really shouldn't be. I'm still cautious, but my driving style is quite aggressive.

Leo, FTW. August 8th.
I highly encourage you to be pedophiles in the privacy of your own home, and to cross your fingers you never have your house raided by the FBI who will put you in jail for 30 years where you will be treated like one of the preteen little girls who you used to adore so much.
99SL2_Modder is offline   Reply With Quote