TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM   #221
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

That could also be a USC-UMP conversion, but either way, I'd take it!

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 08-08-2007 at 05:02 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #222
goodfella732
Tri-State Addict

Member #3168

My Ride:
Es Are Tee Quattro

After futher looking, he is claiming its a real UMP but the marking say otherwise I think

2006 OBP Subaru STi
goodfella732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #223
futuredsmowner
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1837

My Ride:
08 BMW 335XI

Send a message via AIM to futuredsmowner
Since so many people seem to own and have interest in guns, does anyone want to have a skeet shooting meet? There is a place in south jersey called m&m hunting preserve. They have a ton of land and have multiple skeet shooting ranges. They open back up in October I think. Any interest?

1996 Acura Integra - Totaled by my brother
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1995 Eagle Talon AWD w/ Built 6bolt, 2x 1990 Eclipse GSX's - Sold
1997 Lexus ES300 - DD
futuredsmowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #224
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfella732 View Post
After futher looking, he is claiming its a real UMP but the marking say otherwise I think

That IS A REAL!!!

USC-UMP conversion. It looks like one of the Tactical Excellence conversions. The registered part on the USC (and ump) is the upper (unlike AR's where the lower is the registered part). The USC marking is as clear as it gets that this is an original USC.

EDIT: He's a member over on HKPRO and HDPS did the conversion.
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53384

And I still like my XCR more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuredsmowner View Post
Since so many people seem to own and have interest in guns, does anyone want to have a skeet shooting meet? There is a place in south jersey called m&m hunting preserve. They have a ton of land and have multiple skeet shooting ranges. They open back up in October I think. Any interest?
Too far otherwise I would.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 08-08-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #225
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Whats the point of a civilian owning a semi-automatic UMP? It fires a small caliber, its semi-auto, has terrible accuracy due short barrel/small round and its..................semi-auto.
I understand the cool factor but unless you are on a SWAT team or using it to protect yourself from a real threat, its pointless.
Any of you have a Class 3?
Chair-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #226
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair-Force View Post
Whats the point of a civilian owning a semi-automatic UMP? It fires a small caliber, its semi-auto, has terrible accuracy due short barrel/small round and its..................semi-auto.
I understand the cool factor but unless you are on a SWAT team or using it to protect yourself from a real threat, its pointless.
Any of you have a Class 3?
Is cool factor not enough??? The PS90 is the same way, collectible and cool. Also, both are fun to shoot. Just about every gun that I own is pointless from a pure "use" stand point. Most gun enthusiasts don't buy guns for the exact intended purpose. Think of it as collecting cars, you don't see people buying original 396 Nova's to just go out and race. Or stamp collectors, they don't collect to put stamps on the envelope. The list goes on, but you get it. It's almost like an addiction. You buy what you want, for no damn reason, just because.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 08-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #227
goodfella732
Tri-State Addict

Member #3168

My Ride:
Es Are Tee Quattro

Its a sick piece. Im just not feeling he is claiming it as a real UMP on his LJ. I guess to me, even with the conversion its still a USC underneath. Id take the MP7 over all of then anyway. That or the MP5K.

2006 OBP Subaru STi
goodfella732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #228
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

Quote:
Its a sick piece. Im just not feeling he is claiming it as a real UMP on his LJ. I guess to me, even with the conversion its still a USC underneath. Id take the MP7 over all of then anyway. That or the MP5K.

MP5K is definitely sweet looking.

And I agree, just having the weapon you like, semi-auto or not, is good enough for me. I had to have an XD-9 when I first started noticing them and I haven't regretted buying it since. Once I get into my career, you better believe my house will be a fortress, haha.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
experience > degree > blowjob > handjob > anal sex with a guy > certificate
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #229
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
Is cool factor not enough??? The PS90 is the same way, collectible and cool. Also, both are fun to shoot. Just about every gun that I own is pointless from a pure "use" stand point. Most gun enthusiasts don't buy guns for the exact intended purpose. Think of it as collecting cars, you don't see people buying original 396 Nova's to just go out and race. Or stamp collectors, they don't collect to put stamps on the envelope. The list goes on, but you get it. It's almost like an addiction. You buy what you want, for no damn reason, just because.
Alright I'll buy that.

According to Family Guy, Jesus attempted to fight off the Romans with an AK-47 till he ran out of magazines. I believe it.

Yep.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #230
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Well in all fairness, you can practically make the USC a real UMP. If you are SBR'ing it (which means short barrel, like the real UMP, the USC carbine comes with a 16" barrel). If you aren't SBR'ing it, you need 3 us made parts, which are usually stupid parts like a magazine (/clip) FLOORPLATE (it's part of the mag), the stock (they look exactly the same), and something else stupid like a stock adapter. Other than that, it's exactly the same as a UMP, with real, genuine german HK UMP parts.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #231
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Well in all fairness, you can practically make the USC a real UMP. If you are SBR'ing it (which means short barrel, like the real UMP, the USC carbine comes with a 16" barrel). If you aren't SBR'ing it, you need 3 us made parts, which are usually stupid parts like a magazine (/clip) FLOORPLATE (it's part of the mag), the stock (they look exactly the same), and something else stupid like a stock adapter. Other than that, it's exactly the same as a UMP, with real, genuine german HK UMP parts.
How hard is it to make auto?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #232
DoubleOughtCel
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #343

Quote:
Just pull the trigger really fast.
Quote:
experience > degree > blowjob > handjob > anal sex with a guy > certificate
DoubleOughtCel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #233
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
To us non-leo type? Almost impossible, perhaps completely impossible. The UMP didn't come out until the late 90's, so it's post ban. Last time I checked (almost a year ago), nobody had come up with a way to get a full auto sear in to the USC (legally). So, pretending (for now) that you could get a registered full auto sear in to a USC, you would be looking at spending $1500 for the USC (plus $1500 more for the UMP conversion if that's what you wanted), and $10-20,000 MORE for the full auto HK sear.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #234
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
To us non-leo type? Almost impossible, perhaps completely impossible. The UMP didn't come out until the late 90's, so it's post ban. Last time I checked (almost a year ago), nobody had come up with a way to get a full auto sear in to the USC (legally). So, pretending (for now) that you could get a registered full auto sear in to a USC, you would be looking at spending $1500 for the USC (plus $1500 more for the UMP conversion if that's what you wanted), and $10-20,000 MORE for the full auto HK sear.
$10,000-$20,000 just the sear?!?!?!?

I think I have the world record for converting rifles. I converted 138 M16s to M16A2 in a week! Wheres my f'in medal! I did shed a tear. Full auto option to three round burst option? Gay
Old 08-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #235
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:

I think I have the world record for converting rifles. I converted 138 M16s to M16A2 in a week! Wheres my f'in medal! I did shed a tear. Full auto option to three round burst option? Gay
Here's one for 14k

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...highlight=sear

here's a sear that's stuck in the MP5, meaning, you can only use it in the mp5 it's currently in...guy wants over 18g's for it....

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.ph...highlight=sear
Old 08-08-2007, 09:01 PM   #236
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:

thats funny, i converted m16a2s into m16s and m4s into m4a1s, silly air force ;)
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #237
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
i suppose i ought to re-post my war carbine with a full rundown on mods done.

ace skeleton stock
bushmaster AK-74 brake
bushmaster titanium firing pin
bushmaster extended bolt release
tapco ( i think ) extended charger latch
knight's armament forward grip
knight's armament quad rails
Eotech 552 holosight
flip up iron sights with range adjustment
pachmeyer grip
custom accuracy wedge
re-set the barrel with far tighter clearances (massive accuracy boost)
replaced burst claw with a spacer for full automatic fire @900 rpm
H&K high reliability magazines

made short short work of the crap re-enlistment thermos they gave me, well to be fair my buddy helped with his similarly modded (by me) carbine

oh yeah, there was a hotly contested line of succesion for the rifle were i to buy the farm in country...lol

Last edited by Dave; 08-08-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #238
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

No fair, you get to play with FA's. When you turn them back in, what all do you get to keep? Or better stated, don't they supply you with optics? What of them?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 PM   #239
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
thats funny, i converted m16a2s into m16s and m4s into m4a1s, silly air force ;)
Why back to M16?
We dont have to convert old M4s, we get brand new ones! Packing grease taste good.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #240
Chair-Force
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #278

My Ride:
yo st8 driftin, b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i suppose i ought to re-post my war carbine with a full rundown on mods done.

ace skeleton stock
bushmaster AK-74 brake
bushmaster titanium firing pin
bushmaster extended bolt release
tapco ( i think ) extended charger latch
knight's armament forward grip
knight's armament quad rails
Eotech 552 holosight
flip up iron sights with range adjustment
pachmeyer grip
custom accuracy wedge
re-set the barrel with far tighter clearances (massive accuracy boost)
replaced burst claw with a spacer for full automatic fire @900 rpm
H&K high reliability magazines
How does that work? You guys are allowed to modify your weapons to that extreme?
Looks like you took those pics in a tower or dfp?