TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #2021
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brian~ View Post
So does anybody know the best place to buy bulk .40 S&W?
gunbroker.com

walmart always has a gigantic stock of 9, .40, and .45 etc. but some walmarts limit your purchase to a few boxes at a time. i buy one 50 round box of .40 a week to avoid the problems. 13.97/box works out to $14.81/box ater tax. it's definitely the cheapest around.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #2022
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
cheaperthandirt usually has pretty good prices...
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #2023
FLINTSTONESKID
Tri-State Addict

Member #16387

Send a message via AIM to FLINTSTONESKID
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifty240 View Post
Its a mac10 , who uses sites

Went to the range tonight good times.... Anyone want to come to the Reading area to go shooting hit me up. No assclowns but were i shoot is pretty loose on rules as long as your safe....
what range in reading? i used to be a member of leesport gun club but after i got in a "confrontation" with the douchecanoe of a groundskeeper, i hate goin back there. not to mention that their range sucked ass anyhow. i hated the "gun gallery" in mt penn. but in a pinch or when i wanted to squeeze off a few, it served its purpose. but now that he is shut down and the owner is in jail, i have nowhere to shoot. i usually go to french creek outfitters but that place isnt exactly close.
id be down sometime soon, i really gotta get some practice in and maybe dust off the D.E. and the Casull.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FLINTSTONESKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #2024
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

taking the wifey to CP tomorrow to teach her which end of the gun is the "business" end, and all the other beginner stuff... anyone wanna join?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #2025
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I would if I didn't have to go to Brandon's bike BBQ tomorrow
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #2026
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

i would also go, but i'm hoping to be drunk by 10am. goling to the phillies game tomorrow. lol.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #2027
drifty240
Tri-State Addict

Member #2198

My Ride:
2006 WRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLINTSTONESKID View Post
what range in reading? i used to be a member of leesport gun club but after i got in a "confrontation" with the douchecanoe of a groundskeeper, i hate goin back there. not to mention that their range sucked ass anyhow. i hated the "gun gallery" in mt penn. but in a pinch or when i wanted to squeeze off a few, it served its purpose. but now that he is shut down and the owner is in jail, i have nowhere to shoot. i usually go to french creek outfitters but that place isnt exactly close.
id be down sometime soon, i really gotta get some practice in and maybe dust off the D.E. and the Casull.
I either go to MASA (Mulenburg Range ) or Oley Fish and Game. Members only at MASA but i can bring guest to Oley.

Picked up a new pistol today a used Sig 229 in 40 S&W

First magazine @ 10 yards

100 rds later, last mag of the day. flier was shot double action

p.s. still looking for a shooting buddy, couple of shooting drills i want to try that need two people.

Rest of the collection

drifty240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:55 AM   #2028
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
gunbroker.com

walmart always has a gigantic stock of 9, .40, and .45 etc.
What Walmart are you going to?

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #2029
drifty240
Tri-State Addict

Member #2198

My Ride:
2006 WRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
The one in Reading always has ammo on Fridays....

Old 05-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #2030
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

dave what time you going tomorrow?
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
05suby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #2031
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
I either go to MASA (Mulenburg Range ) or Oley Fish and Game. Members only at MASA but i can bring guest to Oley.

Picked up a new pistol today a used Sig 229 in 40 S&W

First magazine @ 10 yards

100 rds later, last mag of the day. flier was shot double action

p.s. still looking for a shooting buddy, couple of shooting drills i want to try that need two people.

Rest of the collection

very nice! as much as i love my M&P, i've actually been talking to my brother this past week about selling it to him so that i can get the 229 i've always wanted. i've shot one 229 elite dark, but once is enough to make a decision on a Sig. i love everything about it. the only problem is that i'm a [relatively] thin guy and when i CC i prefer not to print, or as little as possible, and the 229 is definitely a larger gun than the M&P40C so i don't know how i'd do with it. probably fine, but still... i want to be sure since it's going to be my main CC gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Bechtelsville. last time i felt bored enough to count (two weeks ago maybe?), there were 7000+ rounds of .40s&w. the .40 is down a bit now, but there's still a comparable amount of 9mm. last night i saw at least 5000 rounds of 9mm on the shelf... and that was just one brand. no one buys the stuff anymore. the panic has finally died down and most people are back to their normal buying habits, which is 'a little bit and not very often'.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #2032
drifty240
Tri-State Addict

Member #2198

My Ride:
2006 WRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
very nice! as much as i love my M&P, i've actually been talking to my brother this past week about selling it to him so that i can get the 229 i've always wanted. i've shot one 229 elite dark, but once is enough to make a decision on a Sig. i love everything about it. the only problem is that i'm a [relatively] thin guy and when i CC i prefer not to print, or as little as possible, and the 229 is definitely a larger gun than the M&P40C so i don't know how i'd do with it. probably fine, but still... i want to be sure since it's going to be my main CC gun.
I am big guy so i can get away with carry an almost full size pistol. Plus you would be surprised how oblivious people are of printing. Unless of course your walking around all creppy like. I think people pick up on your energy / how you carry yourself more than if your caring.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #2033
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
I am big guy so i can get away with carry an almost full size pistol. Plus you would be surprised how oblivious people are of printing. Unless of course your walking around all creppy like. I think people pick up on your energy / how you carry yourself more than if your caring.
yeah i'm not at all worried about peoples' reactions. i OC once in a while (i.e. all day at the Sonic meet) and no one ever notices/cares. it's just that when i CC i prefer it to be as hidden as possible.

i think i'll go to FCO again on sunday and see if they'll let me tuck it and walk around for a few minutes to see how it feels. i've held 229s so many times now that i don't even need to make a decision on the gun itself. lol. it's just about its concealability (new word?).

it might take me a while to find the right 229. i'm absolutely in love with the stainless Sig models. honestly if they made the 239 in a stainless version i'd have bought it months ago. i love that gun too. even though it's a bit heavier and a little 'flashier', i might end up going with the P229ST or stainless elite.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 05-08-2010 at 08:41 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #2034
FLINTSTONESKID
Tri-State Addict

Member #16387

Send a message via AIM to FLINTSTONESKID
Quote:
well, hit me up, ill be your hucklebuurry !!! id def like to get out asap. that sig is an incredible gun, it is on my list for my next daily. although i want an older model sig, the newer chassis is a bit wider and it has a slightly different shape, albeit, not hugely visable, but it is def a different feel. email me and ill give you my number.

Josh
BAMBAML19@AOL.COM

FLINTSTONESKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #2035
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05suby View Post
dave what time you going tomorrow?
not sure, im trying to move **** from my apartment to my parents... shoot me atext if you wanna go, or id be down tomorrow as well! PM-ing you now
Old 05-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #2036
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

JIM, this weekend, you better be there! i should have my 1911 and sig 556 by then so there will be LOTS of things to mess around with!

on a different note, i took the wifey to the range, her first time shooting a gun besides "riflery" at camp... she like the glock and wouldnt touch the 5n7 because of how loud it was... then one of the guys that worked there came out and put a few rounds through the 5n7 and told her to basically man up.. she shot the 5n7 once and loved it! she wants something for herself with "similar jump (recoil) to the 5n7 but the size of the g19" i guess were getting her a .22
Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #2037
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
So does anybody know the best place to buy bulk .40 S&W?
Walmart on MacArthur Rd had a few 250 rnd boxes of .40 cal Rem UMC for $69/box last night.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #2038
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodder View Post
Walmart on MacArthur Rd had a few 250 rnd boxes of .40 cal Rem UMC for $69/box last night.
Damn, really?!?! I'll go there right now!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #2039
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Damn, really?!?! I'll go there right now!
did you score?

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #2040
~Brian~
Tri-State Addict

Member #1019

My Ride:
2014 Honda Accord V6, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale, 2018 Yamaha R1

Yes sir!

Oh, and I got the ammo too lol