TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

I'm already disappointed with Gran Turismo 5.

Yeah, I said it.

Allow me to fill everybody in real quick about GT5's story thus far, for anyone who needs it. The successor to GT4 6 years in the making, delayed multiple times by Sony over the years (including most recently the 11-2-10 release date delayed), is said to be coming out within the "Holiday Season 2010" by gran-turismo.com. It's said to have over 1,000+ cars (I'll get to that shortly) and some of the greatest HD [and 3D] cars and effects to this day, it will arguably be the best racing game thus far.

Now, as cool as that is, some lucky bastards have obtained the game somehow and are posting vids on YouTube - all of those goodies can be found here:

*********** GTPlanet.net ***********

All of the groundbreaking stuff usually makes it to the News section, but I'd like to divert your attention to the Forums. Following the link after this sentence will take you to the first page of a thread devoted entirely to uncovering these videos: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225

Okay, now why am I disappointed? Well, out of the 1,000 or so cars in this game, approximately 200 will be "Premium" models and whatever else will be "Standard" models. This is old news. The difference between the two will be that the Premiums have a fully modeled interior, with interior view and will be modeled in stunning definition. The standards? No interior, even the windows will feature a black 'tint' to prevent you from seeing what would be the interior, just like GT4. In fact, these models are GT4 models - with better reflections and resolution.

But what I'm really getting at is that one of the videos, particularly the one browsing GT Auto, shows that putting aftermarket wheels will not be possible on Standard models.

WHAT!!!! That's in the neighborhood of 700 cars which will always, no matter what, have stock wheels on them!

I'm all for function over form, but adding wheels not only gives a great bit of customization to the car, but it also sheds weight in most cases....not to mention, ya could change wheels in GT4!!

So over 6 years or so of development, they've managed to take a step back from the game they are supposed to be succeeding...

Discuss?
jrkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

ugh such an anticipated game and its always bad news. should have stuck with forza

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
accordguy04
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #18243

My Ride:
2004 Honda Accord 6-6

Send a message via AIM to accordguy04
I don't know if I believe that, not callin you a liar or anything. That just sounds rediculous. That has been a staple on some of the most simple racing games since way back. Theres gotta be somethin up here...
accordguy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #4
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Well, you know everything on youtube is the truth.
c0nfl1kt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordguy04 View Post
I don't know if I believe that, not callin you a liar or anything. That just sounds rediculous. That has been a staple on some of the most simple racing games since way back. Theres gotta be somethin up here...
Dude, it's all right in front of your eyes. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVIhb...layer_embedded

Watch that video. This guy has the game somehow and has been posting videos for a couple days now. When he scrolls over the wheels option, it says clearly "You cannot change the wheels on Standard model cars."
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #6
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nfl1kt View Post
Well, you know everyone on youtube is the truth.
I don't understand, what other game can he be playing? It most certainly isn't a demo.

In some of his videos, he starts at the PlayStation home menu, under games where you select the game to play. It clearly says Gran Turismo 5.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Quote:
Well, you know everything on youtube is the truth.
Thank-you.

It's kind of tough to go on hearsay, you know?. Do you remember when IGN played the trick on the world with the April fool's joke about a Zelda movie?

It's also hard to be dissapointed in something that hasn't even come out yet. And bid deal a handful of the cars don't have fully moddeled interiors; that's not why I'm playing GT5 in the first place.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkal View Post
I don't understand, what other game can he be playing? It most certainly isn't a demo.

In some of his videos, he starts at the PlayStation home menu, under games where you select the game to play. It clearly says Gran Turismo 5.
For example, people are going around posting videos of "glitches" in Call Of Duty Black Ops that are being made with dev units and/or pre-alpha software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Thank-you.

It's kind of tough to go on hearsay, you know?. Do you remember when IGN played the trick on the world with the April fool's joke about a Zelda movie?

It's also hard to be dissapointed in something that hasn't even come out yet. And bid deal a handful of the cars don't have fully moddeled interiors; that's not why I'm playing GT5 in the first place.
Yeah, some people are just too gullible.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Thank-you.

Please look at my post above yours.

Yes, everything on the internet/youtube should not be taken as truth. If you're going to say he's not playing GT5, then what is he playing?

Mind you he's taken pictures and shown the disc. He's shown the game titled as Gran Turismo 5 when loaded into the Ps3. He's first to show us the intro, some menus, different aspects of racing and a fully detailed rain course (not available in any demo at any game show).

People have added him on PSN and next to his name it clearly says Gran Turismo 5 when he's playing the game.

Most importantly, I don't think that the creator of GTPlanet, one of the biggest GT communities if not the biggest, would put those videos on the front page of his website if they were fakes in any way.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
For example, people are going around posting videos of "glitches" in Call Of Duty Black Ops that are being made with dev units and/or pre-alpha software.

Yeah, some people are just too gullible.
Well alright, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The only way we will know for sure is when (or if ) GT5 is released.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Quote:
Please look at my post above yours.

Yes, everything on the internet/youtube should not be taken as truth. If you're going to say he's not playing GT5, then what is he playing?

Mind you he's taken pictures and shown the disc. He's shown the game titled as Gran Turismo 5 when loaded into the Ps3. He's first to show us the intro, some menus, different aspects of racing and a fully detailed rain course (not available in any demo at any game show).

People have added him on PSN and next to his name it clearly says Gran Turismo 5 when he's playing the game.

Most importantly, I don't think that the creator of GTPlanet, one of the biggest GT communities if not the biggest, would put those videos on the front page of his website if they were fakes in any way.
OMFG ARE YOU AN IDIOT? I hate to stoop to this level of insulting you, but you are clearly not right in the head. He could easily be playing beta or alpha software. When I was playing the Halo Reach or MOH beta it would say I was playing the game, but the game wasn't final. He could be playing something that isn't final, so why would you take it as a gold(final) release? Please, for the love of god, examine your logic.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #12
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
OMFG ARE YOU AN IDIOT? I hate to stoop to this level of insulting you, but you are clearly not right in the head. He could easily be playing beta or alpha software. When I was playing the Halo Reach or MOH beta it would say I was playing the game, but the game wasn't final. He could be playing something that isn't final, so why would you take it as a gold(final) release? Please, for the love of god, examine your logic.
I've considered that, no need for insult. My counterpoint:

Why would a Beta or Alpha software product be packaged/boxed in the retail material and have serial numbers, game rating, licensing, etc. all printed on the disc?
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
U know what isn't gonna suck?....Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and Forza 4 (whenever that comes out lol), all for XBOX.

Im gonna wait till GT5 comes out and it swallowed by the masses. If its truely epic, i will be purchasing a PS3 just to have it. If not then O well.

But yea, thats one thing that pisses me off about GT as a series, theyre all like "1000 cars", but u have to remember that many of the cars are like 20 different versions of the same car. So in reality, they really dont have much on Forzas list (which is up to 500 now), forza hits all areas, yea it could be better in some areas of the car list, but it does hit on everything for the most part.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

As someone who loved the beginning of the GT series but knew PD was full of bull all I can say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
U know what isn't gonna suck?....Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and Forza 4 (whenever that comes out lol), all for XBOX.

Im gonna wait till GT5 comes out and it swallowed by the masses. If its truely epic, i will be purchasing a PS3 just to have it. If not then O well.

But yea, thats one thing that pisses me off about GT as a series, theyre all like "1000 cars", but u have to remember that many of the cars are like 20 different versions of the same car. So in reality, they really dont have much on Forzas list (which is up to 500 now), forza hits all areas, yea it could be better in some areas of the car list, but it does hit on everything for the most part.
-Agree with you on Test Drive Unlimited 2 and potentially Forza 4.

-Totally disagree with NFS:HP. NFS has seriously gone downhill for me, and knowing that there will be Bugatti Veyron police cruisers chasing you down in this new installment just totally puts me off.

-GT definitely does bark up a tree concerning the vehicles. There were at least 30-something Skylines in GT4. I still think GT will surpass Forza 3 easily. Even if the effective list is somewhere in the same ballpark as Forza, possibly even worse considering the standard/premum thing. GT has weather, night/day, better graphics, the sounds from what I've heard are far better, the interiors on those cars with interiors are totally amazing, among other things. The game size itself is way larger than FM3
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Sony has been going around getting videos of GT5 taken down, most of them are down but there are still some up and still some coming up.

Anyways, the original video I linked to where you could see that wheel customization was not available for Standard cars was taken down. However, I have a screenshot from the video of that part.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #17
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

I thought originally they were releasing the game with 200-300 cars and the rest were going to be DLC later on? Is it possible that they put them into the game, instead of making the actual car DLC, the DLC will be the improved car?

And Ndubz, go look at the car list... They have way more DIFFERENT cars than Forza.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #18
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
I thought originally they were releasing the game with 200-300 cars and the rest were going to be DLC later on? Is it possible that they put them into the game, instead of making the actual car DLC, the DLC will be the improved car?

And Ndubz, go look at the car list... They have way more DIFFERENT cars than Forza.
You mean updating the Standards in the game to Premiums over time as DLC? I think we may see a couple here or there, but from what I remember it was said that it takes around 6 months' time to create a Premium model from scratch. Not to mention, the game's creator/developer Kazunori Yamauchi has already stated they've begun work on GT6.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #19
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
Quote:
-Agree with you on Test Drive Unlimited 2 and potentially Forza 4.

-Totally disagree with NFS:HP. NFS has seriously gone downhill for me, and knowing that there will be Bugatti Veyron police cruisers chasing you down in this new installment just totally puts me off.

-GT definitely does bark up a tree concerning the vehicles. There were at least 30-something Skylines in GT4. I still think GT will surpass Forza 3 easily. Even if the effective list is somewhere in the same ballpark as Forza, possibly even worse considering the standard/premum thing. GT has weather, night/day, better graphics, the sounds from what I've heard are far better, the interiors on those cars with interiors are totally amazing, among other things. The game size itself is way larger than FM3
NFS is all about the fun though. Its not a simulator like forza or GT5. All I know is how much I loved NFS hot pursuit 2 for PS2, one of the most fun racing games Ive ever played. The point of bugatti cop cars, is to make the game interesting. Its cops and robbers, it never gets old.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

oh no... you can't change rims... ooooh noooooo
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote