TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Well... it's been an interesting morning.

So Justin (justinlansdale) and I have been riding during Saturday mornings lately. Today was just like the others, pick a meeting spot and ride.

Walked out to the bike, wanted to give it some time so the ole' carburated F2 could actually fire and warm up a bit. Grabbed my keys out of my pocket... and the bike's key is not on my chain. FAAAAACK! So I start searching my pockets, starting with the pair that I'm wearing. Nope. Go inside, go through all of my laundry and come up with nothing. Damnit.

So me being me, screw it, I'll just hotwire the damn thing and fix it later. So I yank the three wires out of the bottom of the ignition cylinder, strip them back and quick figure out which one is 12V hot and which two are lights/ign. Tie lights/ign together, found some old insulated clip connectors and crimped one onto 12V and one onto lights/ign and plugged them together. Holy crap it worked. Fired the bike up and let it run while I quick cleaned up my little mess.

Hopped onto the bike, picked it up off the kickstand and went off on my merry way. Well, I would have, if the steering lock hadn't been engaged. Yeah, now what the hell am I gonna do. I think to myself, hmm, I wonder if sticking a screwdriver in the cylinder actually works. Well I'll be the first to tell all of you, **** yes it does! We have a winner! Steering unlocked, bike running, who needs a damn key to enjoy a wonderful Saturday morning. Not me!

Meet up with Justin, and we are just chatting when he mentions that little phrase which pretty much ruined my day. "So do you need gas?" 3 gallon tank means I almost always need gas, and guess what, I need a key to open the gas tank. Fuuuuuuuuck. So we decide to ride down to Montgomeryville Cycle Center so I can get a key to get gas.

We get there, park our bikes and walk in. Both of us are laughing about my 50 second hotwire and the fact that it's actually somewhat functional. (I can turn it off like the key does so the battery doesn't drain, which is why I didn't just grab all of the wires and tie them together). I picked my wallet out so I could pull the registration and insurance since that's where I keep it. Of course, I have a billion cards in my wallet, so I empty it all out and put my reg/ins in my jacket pocket while I put my wallet back together. We're waiting at the parts counter, go to grab my reg/ins in my pocket and I feel something hard and metal. What the?

Hey look, my key.

Oops.

At least I was able to get gas though.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote