TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

April 2nd : Poughkeepsie NY Charity Car Show

Hey Guys, just figured I would complete the car show crazy month that is April and invite you to another show that I’m on the planning committee for.

When: April 2nd 2011 11am-3pm
Where: (Marist College) Poughkeepsie NY (60 min from New Jersey) Lot 11-Beck/West Fulton
Who: Anyone is welcome

How Much?:

$15 Pre Registration (pay cash the day of)….. link here: http://clubs.marist.edu/habitat/carshow
$20 day of show

Why:
The money raised will be donated back to the Marist chapter of Habitat For Humanity to offset the costs of local area home builds. For those who don’t know what habitat for humanity is, it’s a non profit charity organization that seeks to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. They take local volunteers and though labor, donation money and materials they rehabilitate simple, decent houses alongside the homeowner or (partner) families.

In terms of the show We have a DJ lined up, and we have a few possible sponsors to sponsor a few trophies for the “best of” cars to a undetermined number of classes (at least at this point in time) I will post up new details as they come in. Network with a few locals and set up a Hudson valley meet up spot for Streetwars while you’re here!

Fb event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=203003583047730

Any other questions just let me know
_Jason Soko

Edit: i know its far away for some, but i figured there would be someone from north jersey/NY that would be interested in attending

Last edited by godeepgts11; 02-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.
godeepgts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Is there anything official from HFH that states that this money is actually being given to them. To me a Facebook post does not constitute proof, I just want to make sure the money is actually going where it is suppose to
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Higu
Tri-State Addict

Member #15710

My Ride:
2009 Mazda6i Touring 5AT

Oh geezus not this again
Higu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Maybe you don't care about your money, but not everyone has a lot of it.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Higu
Tri-State Addict

Member #15710

My Ride:
2009 Mazda6i Touring 5AT

It's 20 ****ing dollars for starters.

Also, as with the streetwars one, it is very much probably legitimate. Most college chapter charities are very legit and can prove it easily. Some people in them (IE Streetwars) are shady as **** though. Jason is not. Stand up dude trying to help out. I just don't see why you go and call out people when even the slightest scent of charity is mentioned.
Higu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #6
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

did I say I am f****** calling him out. It was a simple question before I attend. I am not knocking is post nor the cause nor the organization. Stop taking things personally that have nothing to do with you. Jesus this forum has gone downhill with its members.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
Is there anything official from HFH that states that this money is actually being given to them. To me a Facebook post does not constitute proof, I just want to make sure the money is actually going where it is suppose to
Do i have anything from them document wise? No

Can i put you in contact with the head guy running the show who is also the head on the board for Marist's chapter of Habitat for Humanity? Yes

See email: Marist.Habitat@gmail.com if you want his personal Email, just PM me and ill gladly give it to you.

Can i put you in contact with the HFH hudson valley chapter president? No, but i can find a contact name for you if you want it

Can I gurantee the money is going to the right place and not for someones personal use?

Yes, I dont think a 44k a year college would stick their neck out and "back" a 15 dollar per car, charity car show if it wouldnt be going to the right place in the end

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Last edited by godeepgts11; 02-24-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: god awful spelling snafu
godeepgts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

A college staff/financial member was recently arrested for creating a fake company and he had over 5 million dollars stolen from students, so it is plausible. But thank you for the contact information.

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 02-24-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
laser92dsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #14720

My Ride:
gets me from point A to point B

Send a message via AIM to laser92dsm
Finally a meet that is actually close to me. Marist is like 15 min from my house.
laser92dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
[sr20]sean
Tri-State Addict

Member #6383

My Ride:
96 nissan 200sx se-r, 89 nissan 240sx hatch

Send a message via AIM to [sr20]sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by laser92dsm View Post
Finally a meet that is actually close to me. Marist is like 15 min from my house.
same here

too bad ill be at clubloose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
*disclaimer* It was a joke. I don't use condoms. That's what coat hangers at the bottom of staircases are for.
[sr20]sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #11
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

CRAP i knew something else was that weekend, i just couldnt put my finger on it.. not like i could have made it anyway
Old 03-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #12
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

bump this for my New York friends
Old 03-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #13
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

Hey guys just wanted to let you know of the trophy categories

and that AMP/Kova Built Performance of Woodridge NJ Will be sposoring the event!

Best (1st / 2nd trophies for te following)
Import
Domestic
Modified
Import
Domestic

1st Place only
Best In Show
Club Trophy

Pending weather....which seems to be the biggest bitch lately, i hope to see you there
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
godeepgts11
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7424

My Ride:
1997 Supra

The show organizer decided to make the decision to call this show off completely... Neither days are good enough of a option due to this "storm". So we wont even be having the show on sunday either...

Honestly, do i agree with his vote to cancel it completely?

No, i think the weathermen dont know what the **** they are talking about and were going to have a decent weekend. But im not running the show this time, so there isnt much i can do at this point. But i have a feeling we will be kicking ourself after this weekend.

We will try for another weekend in the future...when? who knows...but we will give this a second go sometime in 2011...thanks for all the support guys