TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
katillidie
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5882

My Ride:
93 rhd s13 coupe

Send a message via AIM to katillidie
pa inspection for 0bd2... no cat?

sooo i have my inspection license, but for the life of me i cant remember... sooo anyone who might be able to answer me feel free to do so. now on a obd1 dyno emissions test, a visual test is required for the cat, and other emisions items but an obd2 emissions test does not require the visual test. so if u hook up the obd2 emissions tester and it passes because there is an o2 simulator. but while in the air doin the safety inspection u see there is no cat does that make it fail both or just saftey... or does it pass inspection all around... one tech said it passes inspection i said no and it failed safety, but technically it should fail emissions. hmmm anyone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

what goes up must come down.
~yeah thats right! its me!
katillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
The section of this forum can only be answered by Sarge, the police officer who volunteers to help out here on TST. I don't believe police officers are responsible for knowing much about inspection rules, which are different than laws... you should refer to your own material or talk to an inspection station about it as they are the ones responsible for knowing this info.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Thanks TROLL I have no Idea what he's talking about!...lol