TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
s3xrapt0r
Tri-State Addict

Member #13537

My Ride:
1988 Toyota MR2 N/A

more detail on out of state tickets

i read the out of state ticket stuff in the stickeys and i prety much need a down to earth explaination lol in the stickeys it says

"Q: What effect does the DLC have on an out-of-state motorist convicted for an offense in PA?

A: All PA convictions for out-of-state motorists will be forwarded to the motorist’s home state. Additionally, their privilege to drive in PA will be suspended if convicted of certain serious traffic offenses such as driving under the influence, homicide by vehicle, reckless driving, fleeing or attempting to elude police officer, racing on highway and driving while operating privilege is suspended or revoked."

my question is what exactly is forwarding ?? it dosent make its self clear... forwarding means to send something... that much i know..so just say i did some horrible thing in PA and got an 8 point ticket, does that mean the NJ dmv will have it on file as me doing it in PA and the penalty and points only stand in PA or does that mean they forward it to NJ then NJ treats it as i commited the offense here in NJ and i will have the points on my NJ insurance and abstract... sorry for wording that so horribly but figured it would be helpful for others who have no brain cells left
s3xrapt0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
WigWag44
[TST] Police Officer

Member #16486

My Ride:
Chevrolet Caprice

I'll try to explain this a little easier:

Some states share ticket information with each other. Say you got a ticket in Pennsylvania....Pennsylvania might call New Jersey and say "Hey, your boy got a ticket here in PA, here's the info..." New Jersey might punish you as if you received the ticket in your home state.

Not every state transfers information to other states. When people ask me, I advise them to contact their DMV and ask because points are through them and NOT the police.

Hope that helped a little...