TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
CSibbs
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20581

My Ride:
05 WRX

Wrong Color Car on Ticket/ Dispute It?

Last night while driving on the island I drove past about 5 or 6 cops on the corner, lights on, busting a party. I was sitting at a light about a block down. The light turned green and the person next to me launched it ( Acura MDX)

( I hate the fact that people constantly try to race me)

Anyway I wasn't interested, I rolled away from the light shifting at 3500 into second, once I got into second I got on it a little and accelerated up to the speed limit.

The thing is my car is straight piped, so me 'getting' on it a little made my car scream.
Next thing I know it I see a cop flying and weaving through the traffic with his lights on, thinking he was going to get the person who spun tires off the light.
Nope. He pulled me over.

He immediately gets out of his car and was completely arrogant towards me, yelling at me to give him my license, registration, and insurance. I did so.

Sitting there for about 10 minutes, another 3 cop cars pull up behind him and throw their lights on. I'm sitting here wondering what the heck did I do that there needs to be four cops behind me.

Another officer comes back over to me and asks if I have my windows tinted. Though my windows were down at the time I told him that I did.

Another 10 minutes go buy and the cop comes back to my window, and hands me three tickets, Telling me that I spun tires launching it from the light and that I'm lucky he didn't have my car towed for street racing.
I tried to calmly explain to him that it's not even possible to spin tires in my car due to the fact that I have all wheel drive, and he became furious, and started screaming at me. Now that I think about it I should have recorded it, it was obvious that he was abusing his power.

39:3-75- SAFETY GLASS REQUIREMENT $54
39:4-97-CARELESS DRIVING LIKELY TO ENDANGER PERSON $85
39:3-47C-ALTER APPROVED EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLE TO DEFEAT (Court Apperance)

The thing is, they put my car as being GOLD. When my car is Dark Grey, almost black.

Is it possible to pull the "Well how do you know that a Gold STI didnt do that? Yeah we have the same car but it wasnt me"

None of the officers SAW me do anything, they 'heard' it.

I take my licks when I deserve them, so you can dispense with the "man up and pay your ticket" comments, because I honestly don't think that I was speeding here or spinning tires! If I have to pay it, I have to pay it. I was just wondering if its worth fighting in court.
CSibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #2
scout
[TST] Police Officer

Member #15563

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-spec, 2002 WRX ppg'd (sold), 1999 Legacy wagon

Citations can be amended to fix such things as the color ect. They aren't deal breakers.
scout is offline   Reply With Quote