TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #41
Mike Pauciullo
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #23339

My Ride:
2003 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
If it was "built" correctly it shouldn't, and its only a dumb statement cause its a volks wagen and their never safe.
You can't give any good examples of a engine that isn't built right.
The only thing I could think of is if the MACHINE shop doesn't do good measuring while boring the block. As I said before just because you put Rods/pistons in a engine doesn't mean you are completely safe. Look at top fuel cars they have Rods and pistons and constantly blow up.
I can tell you are a keyboard racer/engine builder.
Mike Pauciullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
boosted_94pgt

Member #22665

My Ride:
green 94 probe gt turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pauciullo View Post
The only thing I could think of is if the MACHINE shop doesn't do good measuring while boring the block. As I said before just because you put Rods/pistons in a engine doesn't mean you are completely safe. Look at top fuel cars they have Rods and pistons and constantly blow up.
had to take part of that quote lol.

shodude. 90% of people who build an engine and making well over 5-600wheel usally break something or rebuild after 10-15k miles.

anyway nice ride mike
Old 06-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #43
Mike Pauciullo

Member #23339

My Ride:
2003 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_94pgt View Post
had to take part of that quote lol.

shodude. 90% of people who build an engine and making well over 5-600wheel usally break something or rebuild after 10-15k miles.

anyway nice ride mike
I don't think he understands that. 30k on a engine that see's 50psi +++++ and is beat the crap out of is a lot of mileage. And thank you
Old 06-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #44
ExpresS
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16208

My Ride:
2000 GSR

Super uber volkswagen.

More info on your shop?
ExpresS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
Mike Pauciullo

Member #23339

My Ride:
2003 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpresS View Post
Super uber volkswagen.

More info on your shop?
I don't want to get introuble for advertising but we are just a on line parts store. The car was built in the garage minus the fab work which was done @ hell bent race cars & customs . If anyone needs anything feel free to email me mike@stevebilt.com
Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #46
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Quote:
Your completely right, how did you know.. You blew my cover.. I don't even drive a supra, I've never worked or gone to school for mechanics, or rebuilt complete cars. I just come on the forums to pick up women... I'm actually a circus clown, a very very sad circus clown

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #47
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Come on yall,take this **** to pm's or something. No one wants to read it but yall two
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #48
Mike Pauciullo

Member #23339

My Ride:
2003 VW GTI

Quote:
Your completely right, how did you know.. You blew my cover.. I don't even drive a supra, I've never worked or gone to school for mechanics, or rebuilt complete cars. I just come on the forums to pick up women... I'm actually a circus clown, a very very sad circus clown
Big deal you went to school. It still sounds like you know nothing about making power. The Built engine thing was just dumb. What exactly have you built?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #49
mckchr67
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15327

My Ride:
Touareg & e34

Send a message via AIM to mckchr67
Quote:
If any car with built internals had problems at 30k that would be a user error, they are just problematic cars hands down, I dont limit my self to and "Kind of car" but my supra has 226k on it with no issues at all
Jimmies rustled??

Nice car OP.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #50
MattBear
Tri-State Addict

Member #16897

My Ride:
1995 Jetta VR6

Quote:
If it was "built" correctly it shouldn't, and its only a dumb statement cause its a volks wagen and their never safe.
^(guy thinks he knows something)

For all the people hating because its a VW, its a shame. I think it bugs people to see a VW that would smack up 90% of this forum in a race (bench or otherwise), and isn't on a silly air ride setup or 16x9s just to be cool.

This car was built to be fast - what i miss about the scene since all the skinny jean stance losers showed up and ruined modern car tuning.

Followed this on Vortex, KILLER build, work looks so well done. Hopefully you make it to at least one of the shows at a track that I'm hoping to attend. I wanna see this go live.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

1995 Jetta VR6 - needs to be sold

Last edited by MattBear; 06-17-2012 at 07:48 PM.
MattBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #51
BigWhiteTodd
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8795

My Ride:
01 camaro

Send a message via AIM to BigWhiteTodd
Something about a fwd car with some big slicks on it gives me a chub haha, car looks and sounds awesome. Also don't waste your time fighting with people on here.
BigWhiteTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #52
Errly Dabbin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23199

My Ride:
2008 Caliber SRT-4, 1988 EF 4DR

I hate dubs with a passion but he's got my respect on this build, and i'd love to see it in person. Once again hats off build my friend.
Errly Dabbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #53
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
I dont limit my self to and "Kind of car" but my supra has 226k on it with no issues at all
Funny cause just a few months ago (if that) you were making numerous posts on here asking for help with your car, for multiple issues. If memory serves me right, it didn't even run for a while when you got it. And you haven't built cars from the ground up.... Helping someone who is, handing them parts and holding things in place for them don't count as building a car. Also, didn't you make a post asking about going to school for automotive on here too? So you must be like 1 semester deep into your automotive schooling.

Your a nice guy, but you totally just blew a bunch of smoke out of your ass.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #54
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

Quote:
Big deal you went to school. It still sounds like you know nothing about making power. The Built engine thing was just dumb. What exactly have you built?
I built an arch and brought two of every animal on it to brave the volkswagen fad until it passes...

^ That was uncalled for

I honestly couldn't list every motor I've ever built

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #55
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
Funny cause just a few months ago (if that) you were making numerous posts on here asking for help with your car, for multiple issues. If memory serves me right, it didn't even run for a while when you got it. And you haven't built cars from the ground up.... Helping someone who is, handing them parts and holding things in place for them don't count as building a car. Also, didn't you make a post asking about going to school for automotive on here too? So you must be like 1 semester deep into your automotive schooling.

Actually I got it running and ripped apart the top end to torque the head down and fix an oil leak, and it runs rich but would I call that a problem? yes but I can still drive it every day. And really because I'm pretty sure the first car I build was a 65 mustang, and the only thing I DIDNT do was the windshield and paint. And a 442 and a 73 pinto and a 3 rotor rx-7 motor, I was asking about colleges, cause I didnt do four years of tech and have a montco degree or anything, or my eligible for my ASE's in power steering, auto trans, manual transmissions and suspension.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #56
Slevin
Tri-State Addict

Member #19794

Quote:
I'm actually a circus clown, a very very sad circus clown
/end thread
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #57
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:

^ hahaha well I'm gonna apologize. One for being a douche and thread jacking and two I was debating with you purely for the sake of the debate, an 800hp car is a 800hp car so it gets respect. I am a circus clown though

Quote:
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #58
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

That was an interesting thread to read through lol.. Good luck getting some better numbers this year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I would never hit a women, but I would punch a bitch in her mouth.
Zaior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #59
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post

haha...owned!

Nice ride Mike...as an oldschool Veedub head i congradulate on a kick ass build!
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #60
Burninrubbergt

Member #23344

My Ride:
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix

holy tq steer haha jk, very nice build, interested to see the times once you get the trans issue's sorted out