TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #41
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

just remove a 0 from the price and we are talking
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #42
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

the amount of fail in this thread is overwhelming. if you guys can look past the price for just one second and realize what it actually is rather than what it isnt maybe it would make more sense to you. it carrys a Camry name plate but its far from a Camry. do some research and see what it costs Hendrix and Childress racing to build a Nascar spec machine...easily $350k+. now you throw in the man hours it took to transform a 2 door FWD Solara into a RWD 680hp "camry" Machine and maybe it'll start making a little more sense to you..
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.

Last edited by TNTramair; 03-02-2011 at 09:12 AM.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:52 AM   #43
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkal View Post
I expect Honda to go down this route as well in more time. Only the Civic Si remains from one of the most formidible sports car makers of the 90's and early '00s
I doubt it, while Honda may currently not really be in the sports market they will most likely return. Unfortunately right now the market just isn't buying those types of cars, and Honda won't be making anything like that until it does.

Plus, the Civic and Accord are far more sporty than the Corolla and the Camry lol.

Either way, at least they make some killer motorcycles.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #44
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
the amount of fail in this thread is overwelming. if you guys can look past the price for just one second and realize what it actually is rather than what it isnt maybe it would make more sense to you. it carrys a Camry name plate but its far from a Camry. do some research and see what it costs Hendrix and Childress racing to build a Nascar spec machine...easily $350k+. now you throw in the man hours it took to transform a 2 door FWD Solara into a RWD 680hp "camry" Machine and maybe it'll start making a little more sense to you..
Lol, this is TST and anything NASCAR related just gets lost in the "stigma" of only turning left.

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote