TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:
1993 s13 coupe Ka-t; 2005 Legacy GT Ltd

Want to hear about my night?

I explained this story a thousand times already so I'm gonna keep this short.

I had a psych lecture (I go to Temple) at 5:30 last night that I ended up meeting this cute girl in. We talked a little while in class and she invited me to a party she was going to that night. I had nothing to do so I agreed and meet her infront of her dorm later that night around 10. When I got there I met a ****load of her friends and we all walked over to the party together. I don't really remember where it was but I'm guessing it was close to 18th and montgomery.

So we're at the party and her friends let me know that she gets drunk REALLY easily. Two drinks later she was wasted. Then she told me she had a boyfriend that she dated for two years! She said she didnt even like him anymore so I told her that she has to talk about it with him and figure it out. I didn't really care since I'm somewhat seeing someone anyway but it was a huge surprise to hear it.

So I play babysitter for this girl I just met fro the rest of the night. Everything is going good till her friends start to leave and when I try to have me and her leave with them she begs to stay longer. So we hangout for awhile longer until her and her friend decide they want chinese food. I was thinking that we could go get some food and I'll walk the two girls back to their dorms, WRONG! So we're looking for this place that someone told us was right down the street and we probably walked like two blocks away. We get to a chinese place and order. While we're waiting for the food theres three black kids outside the store that start talking to me. I talk to them for a minute and we get our food and take off.

One of the kids is now following us asking me questions as we walk. I have the girls keep walking and I stop to confront him. Thats when I felt another guy reach for my wallet. I grabbed his hand as a reaction and stopped him. All three of the guys were around me now. They were probably around 17-19yo and about my size (150-180lbs). I told them I didnt want a problem an they asked for my wallet. I refused to give them the whole wallet but I gave them the $7 cash that I had. They were pissed that I didnt have more and threatened to search my pockets for **** so I showed them that myt pockets were empty. Thats when they saw my phone and demanded it. At first I refused but they started getting pissed so I handed it over and they walked away. I caught up to the girls (they were about 10yds infront of us) and told them that we need to get out of here.

I second later two cops on bikes came by and I explained everything to them. They were able to grab three guys matching the description but I couldnt make a positive ID and they didnt have my phone. The cops but us in the back of their car (keep in mind that the 2 girls I was with were drunk) and questioned me for awhile then dropped me and the girls off at campus. I ended up staying at the girls dorm since she didnt want me to walk to my apartment alone.

This was a lot longer than I expected so:

Cliffnotes: Met a girl lastnight in class, went to a party with her, found out she had a boyfriend, she got piss drunk, I had to babysit her, me and 2 girls went for chinese, got mugged, I slept on a dorm room floor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by ScubaSteve; 09-07-2007 at 10:58 AM.
ScubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:

I know that its full of typos and grammatical errors but Its still early for me and I don't feel like fixing it. If you can't understand what I'm saying let me know and I'll edit it. Otherwise, deal with it.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
Did you get your money back? Phones are replaceable. Youre lucky. Same thing happened to me a long time ago and its scary.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

Damn dude thats fugged up. Sorry to hear you got robbed. Did you get your phone service shut off? Do you know if those guys had guns or knives? You are lucky there isn't really any gang activity down there...like the Junior Black Mafia...

Last edited by Z3R0; 09-07-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Z3R0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
tjf
Tri-State Addict

Member #2754

ou go to temple you should have known better than to be walking around broad and diamond at 2 in the morning they look for college kids to prey on, get your self a gun, knife, tazer, or something to that nature

and if i were you id slap the drunk ho
tjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

My girlfriends brother goes to Temple.. and this is the exact reason why I never go down to visit him.

Glad you're okay, but how could you not make a positive ID??
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

ew thats ****ty... glad ur ok bro
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjf View Post
ou go to temple you should have known better than to be walking around broad and diamond at 2 in the morning they look for college kids to prey on, get your self a gun, knife, tazer, or something to that nature

and if i were you id slap the drunk ho
Yeah it was a dumb move on my part. I had a couple drinks and wasn't even thinking about it. If I could conceal I would but I'm only 19 and I don't want to carry if its not legit. Not to mention that If I had a gun things could have gotten a lot worse.

Quote:
Did you get your money back? Phones are replaceable. Youre lucky. Same thing happened to me a long time ago and its scary.
They couldnt prove it was mine so I didnt get my money back. I don't care about the phone or the money Im just glad that they didnt try to go after the girls after they got my ****. I wish I could get my contact list back though.

Temple isn't a bad place on or near campus but I was stupid and wandered around with two drunk girls looking for chinese food. The fact of the matter is I was begging to get robbed walking around like that. It was a thursday too, they knew they were gonna get someone wandering around. Those mother****ers waited outside the chinese place for us to leave.

Quote:
My girlfriends brother goes to Temple.. and this is the exact reason why I never go down to visit him.

Glad you're okay, but how could you not make a positive ID??
It was dark, I had a couple drinks and I wasnt thinking about getting and ID when it was happening. I was just looking for a way out. The cops were pissed at me for not pressing charges but they said the worst they would get would be probation. Meaning these kids go to court, learn all my info, and get put back on the street. That seems pretty ****ed up to me.

Temple isnt a bad place on or around campus. I made a dumb move and wandered away with two drunk girls looking for food. These guys were just waiting for someone like me to come along with some cash. The mother****ers waited outside the chinese place for us to leave. The fact of the matter is, I should have never been walking around that time of night like that and I was lucky that I only lost my phone and $7.

Last edited by ScubaSteve; 09-07-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Z3R0
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5129

My Ride:
2002.5 Volkswagen Jetta GLS

That is F***ED up. Yeah...that little area down the street from temple(railroad tracks, shopping center...da hood) probably isn't the best place to be at 2 in the morning, but glad you wern't hurt. I'll be damned if that happens to me.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Wow thats a Helluva Night, Glad it wasn't worse though!! Who's your provider?? I know verizon usualy keeps there contact list online as well as T mobile.
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 AM   #11
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlEgl View Post
Wow thats a Helluva Night, Glad it wasn't worse though!! Who's your provider?? I know verizon usualy keeps there contact list online as well as T mobile.
Holy **** that would be amazing! I have verizon. I'm gonna check for it now.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #12
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Hrmm...Looking at the site It seems you have to do something with the phone which sends it to the verizon Site, Backup Assistant Or some **** like that...Either way Try going to a store explain the situation and see if they can do anything possible to help you out
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #13
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
EXACTLY why I moved off campus. My first day as a freshman 2 of my friends got mugged right behind frat row. **** is horrible.

Sorry dude. Luckily the bike cops are well equipped lol

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
EXACTLY why I moved off campus. My first day as a freshman 2 of my friends got mugged right behind frat row. **** is horrible.

Sorry dude. Luckily the bike cops are well equipped lol
I hear ya man, next year I'm moving further away. The girls I was with new a girl that was choked and mugged on the subway the other night and there was a guy at the party that was held at gun point in the same area. He was like a 400lb mean looking motherfuker too, I can't believe someone would mess with him.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #15
Barry'z (NJ)
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3894

My Ride:
'95 Ultra Red 2+2 TT Z32 Stage :Shrug:

Dude, glad you're alright. I was mugged at gun point once scary $h!t.

Good lesson though, I'm sure, in the future, you won't be walking around off campus late at night without a large group.

Barry'z (NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
Ryza24
Tri-State Addict

Member #3825

My Ride:
Ford 500, Chevy Baretta.. :(

Send a message via AIM to Ryza24
sux man.. ill show ya some Aikedo moves for the next time you encounter scum... insead of them gettin 7 dollars they get broken arms.. esp when they reach at ya

Last edited by Ryza24; 09-07-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Ryza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:15 PM   #17
malloyboy1
Tri-State Addict

Member #5438

My Ride:
05 subaru wrx

that sucks but at least your ok becasue you did the smart thing and just gave them what they wanted.
malloyboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:17 PM   #18
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

glad you're ok, next time you'll be a bit wiser won't put yourself into the situation (not saying you did, but ya know what i mean) If you reacted the same way to someone with a knife or gun, coulda been a whole different situation.

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #19
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
glad to hear your ok. Them scumbags sound like newbs at mugging. Real pros at that wouldnt just let you talk let alone confront them really. Props to you for taken care of the girls
Old 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #20
ScubaSteve
Tri-State Addict

Member #2599

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
glad to hear your ok. Them scumbags sound like newbs at mugging. Real pros at that wouldnt just let you talk let alone confront them really. Props to you for taken care of the girls
They were complete morons. The only took the phone so I wouldn't call the cops (I know this cause they ditched it) but there were two girls right behind me that they had to have known had phones. They gave me way too much control of the situation but I'm not complaining hah. If they were to go next to the girls the situation would have been a lot different. I didn't even want them to know what the girls looked like.

Quote:
glad you're ok, next time you'll be a bit wiser won't put yourself into the situation (not saying you did, but ya know what i mean) If you reacted the same way to someone with a knife or gun, coulda been a whole different situation.
I know that I put myself in the situation. I made a bad call and thought it would be alright to walk down the block without a group. It won't happen again.

Last edited by ScubaSteve; 09-07-2007 at 04:03 PM.