TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-16-2020, 09:55 PM   #181
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

These are gorgeous
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:51 AM   #182
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Thanks Definitely super light
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:36 PM   #183
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Finally got to do some autocross yesterday. Big thanks to Karcepts and OS Giken for support. Car is *extremely* fast and a butt-ton of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKMnd0HTSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWPtcznuf8
Old 06-01-2020, 02:35 PM   #184
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Sweet, I'm jealous. How were the results?

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 06:58 PM   #185
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Test and tune, so nothing official... but I *think* we dickstomped?

Going to Central PA region this weekend for an actual event so we'll find out more this weekend where our pace is at.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #186
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Test and tune, so nothing official... but I *think* we dickstomped?

Going to Central PA region this weekend for an actual event so we'll find out more this weekend where our pace is at.
Good stuff. I know a few people going out there as well. To much of a time commitment for me.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #187
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Did CPR SCCA yesterday. I took 2nd in PAX and Jon took 4th.

My video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8NZfVwdtUg

Jon's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhrRrn4sHyQ

Got my new wheels installed today. Crazy light!

Old 06-12-2020, 11:03 AM   #188
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

I saw the results and noticed you towards the top. Looks like the car is working pretty well and a blast to drive.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 06-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #189
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Wheels look good!

Driving? Ehhh

Just kidding. You drove the hell out of that!

/
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:25 AM   #190
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Charlotte ProSolo next weekend. Testing some minor tune revisions but I think the car is 100% ready to go.

Hope to bring good news back Feel free to follow along live next Friday/Saturday here: http://sololive.scca.com (this weekend is the Great Lakes ProSolo in Peru, IN which I'm not at, but might be fun to listen in anyway)
Old 06-13-2020, 02:33 AM   #191
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Forgot that I snagged some pics last weekend:

The tires are wearing pretty well. Exactly 80 runs so far.

Credit to Jacob Frey for this pic of me on course:

Old 06-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #192
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Charlotte ProSolo next weekend. Testing some minor tune revisions but I think the car is 100% ready to go.

Hope to bring good news back Feel free to follow along live next Friday/Saturday here: http://sololive.scca.com (this weekend is the Great Lakes ProSolo in Peru, IN which I'm not at, but might be fun to listen in anyway)
Hey! I’m in Charlotte now. Have time to meet up?

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-14-2020, 12:21 AM   #193
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Potentially, yeah. That would be cool! I'd say to swing by Friday or Saturday to check out the ProSolo action but I'm entirely unclear on if spectators will be allowed.
Old 06-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #194
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Potentially, yeah. That would be cool! I'd say to swing by Friday or Saturday to check out the ProSolo action but I'm entirely unclear on if spectators will be allowed.
Sounds good! Friday will be difficult but Saturday could work

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #195
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Sounds good! Friday will be difficult but Saturday could work
Ended up getting really busy, sorry
Old 06-21-2020, 02:29 PM   #196
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

What a weekend at the Charlotte ProSolo! So good to see all of my friends again and glad to see that folks were being safe and smart about it

A hell of a competition with my buddy Jon Caserta codriving yet again!

Huge thanks to Karcepts for some last minute support the past week getting the ND2 tune 100% dialed in. It's really amusing watching a Miata run with an Corvette C6 Z06 to the first corner over ~200ft :P

OS Giken LSD and Motion Control Suspension doing work yet again. Crazy grip off the line and out of corners and after the Central PA Region event a couple of weeks ago I literally only added one click more on each rear shock knob and the car was about as perfect as we could ask for.

Here are my two runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSGKYpq8oKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWRFkHvHpI

and Jon's two runs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAd5xPPpeL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gthpYgdHz_M

At the end of the weekend it came down to a little better finish for me on the left and a little better finish for Jon on the right and we traded "wins" on each side. Thankfully I managed to pull off the come from behind victory after Jon led all weekend with some killer day 1 morning runs!

Unfortunately the Super Challenge was cancelled after some lightning delays, would have been really fun! Jon was paired up with Tomo and I was paired up with Alex Piehl for the first round.

Thanks to Perry B (autoxpix.com) for the pic!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #197
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
What a weekend at the Charlotte ProSolo! So good to see all of my friends again and glad to see that folks were being safe and smart about it

Huge thanks to Karcepts for some last minute support the past week getting the ND2 tune 100% dialed in. It's really amusing watching a Miata run with an Corvette C6 Z06 to the first corner over ~200ft :P

OS Giken LSD and Motion Control Suspension doing work yet again. Crazy grip off the line and out of corners and after the Central PA Region event a couple of weeks ago I literally only added one click more on each rear shock knob and the car was about as perfect as we could ask for.

Here are my two runs:

and Jon's two runs:

At the end of the weekend it came down to a little better finish for me on the left and a little better finish for Jon on the right and we traded "wins" on each side. Thankfully I managed to pull off the come from behind victory after Jon led all weekend with some killer day 1 morning runs!

Unfortunately the Super Challenge was cancelled after some lightning delays, would have been really fun! Jon was paired up with Tomo and I was paired up with Alex Piehl for the first round.

Some amazing runs man. Glad to see events are happening again. I so want to get to one but I am in the process of getting a new job, and the Z still needs work, so time really isn't on my side this year. Might go and watch one of the events at the Meadowlands this weekend.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:43 AM   #198
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Thanks!

New job in the midst of all of the crap going on right now, fun... I hope it goes well! I'll be up at the Meadowlands on Sunday, not 100% sure they're allowing spectators into the autocross events either day, but obviously you can sit outside the lot and watch lol
Old 06-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #199
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Ended up getting really busy, sorry
No worries, was outside most of the day with neighbors

/
/
/
/
/
Old 06-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #200
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:

Here are my two runs:

and Jon's two runs:

Very cool! That track surface looks a bit better than Richmond haha

Looking forward to driving it sometime

/
/
/
/
/