TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

More cell phone nonsense

So I've had a Verizon plan for a few years now, for myself, my wife, and my mother. Mom's phone used 7(seven) minutes last year. Pam's phone is 2 years old, get used frequently, but looks brand new.

Now for my phone....The Motorola V265 that has been to hell and back, run over by my Jeep, dropped from the high-dive to the bottom of the pool at Princeton University, gone swimming in several other pools, sucked through a Honda 12H.P. 'mud-sucker' pump, survived several battles with Mother Nature....is finally dying, and needs a good replacement.

I really liked this phone as well as Verizon's reception. However, my plan isn't up until Jan.20,2007 and they want to charge me full price for a new phone if I buy it today...even if I sign up for another 2 years!! A penalty for being a good repeat customer. That really burns my diesel. Time for a new provider
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
MuddyREX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #82

My Ride:
02 Subaru WRX

You'll find the same crap elsewhere.

I hate cell phone providers too. They all suck.

<---- 190,000 mile WRX - Gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MuddyREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
StealthTC
Tri-State Addict

Member #1114

My Ride:
B5 A4, MKIII Supra

Send a message via AIM to StealthTC
Yeah Man I have had them all and Verizon is the best just call and complain some more they will give you what you want. Just tell them you seen a special with Cingular and you were going to head that way because it would be a cheaper and better option. Believe I know I used to work for Verizon ask Barry I gave him all kinds of tips and pointers when and how to complain to Verizon
StealthTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
my aunt says she just goes into stores and says i want this phone and im not paying for it, she said it always works.

i guess thats if ur a new customer
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by den9 View Post
my aunt says she just goes into stores and says i want this phone and im not paying for it, she said it always works.

i guess thats if ur a new customer

That didn't work for me. They laughed.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 12-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
DuBTEK3060
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3030

My Ride:
2003 Volkswagen GTI 20th Anniversary #3060_

Send a message via AIM to DuBTEK3060
most places will charge you full price unless you're eligible for an upgrade...

it sucks i worked for t-mobile, seems like they are the only ones that really care..

i had to bitch out a verizon guy cuz my phone was broken and he wouldnt look at it cuz my dad's name was on the account...
Old 12-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #7
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

I'm just angry because they won't give me the discounted prices that I will be elegible for next month. I'm not complaining about the phone that I killed myself. I just want a new phone, with another 2 year contract, and they won't take care of me
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 12-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyREX View Post
I hate cell phone providers too. They all suck.
End Thread.

But poolmike, my ex went through the same thing with verizon, at the store. She was a week away from ending, and they wouldn't let her get the phone for the renewal contract price
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
mike, you can get the 'new every 2' thing every 22 months... if you arent eligible for it for another 6 weeks then just wait it out... you'll get the discount for the phone because of your new 2 year contract and then $100 off the phone too, so it makes most of the phones really cheap or free.
i just got a LG VX8600 and its pretty nice... just simple phone functions but its very thin and light and i like it a lot, and total cost was $30 for me on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #10
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
Kind of stinks that verizon does not use sim cards (they still don't right?) Could just Ebay one up and pop your sim card into it? My buddy got his off Craigs list

- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #11
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme View Post
Kind of stinks that verizon does not use sim cards (they still don't right?) Could just Ebay one up and pop your sim card into it? My buddy got his off Craigs list
No, they don't.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #12
CobaltGrl
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2672

My Ride:
06' Chevy Cobalt Sport Coupe

Send a message via AIM to CobaltGrl Send a message via MSN to CobaltGrl Send a message via Yahoo to CobaltGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBTEK3060 View Post
most places will charge you full price unless you're eligible for an upgrade...

it sucks i worked for t-mobile, seems like they are the only ones that really care..

i had to bitch out a verizon guy cuz my phone was broken and he wouldnt look at it cuz my dad's name was on the account...
T-Mobile FTW! I love them! They have the best customer service by far.

Quote:
I hope this doesnt excite Cobaltgirl into a wanking frenzy!
Quote:
thanks sandy i appreciate your undying love for me.
CobaltGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

I got them to cave in over the phone...sort of. I can get a deal on two phones after Dec.18. I'm still mildly angry. No one should have to jump through hoops to voluntarily spend $$$$ with a company. Corporate A$$h0les
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 12-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #14
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltGrl View Post
T-Mobile FTW! I love them! They have the best customer service by far.
Agreed.

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #15
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

I had a long 2 years with cingular. Never would cut a deal with me. My phone ended up stop working, I think its ok because I've been paying for insurance for 18 months no biggie. I go into the store and tell them my problem and say I have insurance. Well they end up telling me that my phone is no longer made so they can't replace it. I twitch alittle bit and say "well then why have I been paying insurance for so long?" They say "I'm sorry I can't help you, but you can buy a new phone for 150 bucks" After some more harsh words and them being stronger then I, and me needing a phone for work and personal contacts I cave and pay for 150ish for a new phone, that was already out dated and sucked. Needless to say I canceled my plan with cingular and went with Nextel because my boss wanted me to anyway.

I hate cell phones. They cause me nothing but needless conversations with people I secertly don't like.
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #16
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

mike... you're the man, but i dont understand why you're getting worked up over needing to have a phone 6 weeks early. i mean the rules are the rules and they hook you up every 22 months, so thats just what i go by. i anxiously waited till early dec when i was due for a new phone but i knew thats how the game was played.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 AM   #17
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
mike... you're the man, but i dont understand why you're getting worked up over needing to have a phone 6 weeks early. i mean the rules are the rules and they hook you up every 22 months, so thats just what i go by. i anxiously waited till early dec when i was due for a new phone but i knew thats how the game was played.
Customers can't call me, that is why it is a little bit painful.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 AM   #18
Honduh
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1977

home phone ftw?
Honduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:14 AM   #19
Vypurr2
Tri-State Addict

Member #1773

My Ride:
2004 E-Blue SRT-4 / 2006 Steel Grey STI

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr2
My buddy works at a private cell phone store who deals with Verizon. He said to ask about an early upgrade.
2004 SRT-4

I want sig pictures to be allowed!
(You can choose to turn them on and off at any time if you don't wanna see my sig!)
Vypurr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 AM   #20
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

oh, until now i didn't realize your phone actually wasn't working.

i just replaced my LG VX7000 and it works fine if you want to borrow it for a month or two... i'm pretty sure they can set it up to ring for your number easily, and my phone comes with the best background ever

|

Quote:

|