TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Motorcycles
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Roto
Tri-State Addict

Member #6454

My Ride:
Land Rover Discovery, Dodge Caravan 5-speed.

Fuel delivery issue

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting no fuel. When the fuel hose is disconnected at the filter and I crank it fuel pours out of the hose, but when I connect the filter hose and the hose that goes to the fuel pump no fuel enters the filter. I blew into the filter and it seemed to not be restricted. I can hear the fuel pump try to prime when I first start it up as it clicks rapidly, but no fuel in the filter (it's transparent), than the fuel pump starts clicking slowly, but there's no fuel in the filter.

This is on a 1984 VF500F Honda Interceptor. Please help...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

So it works if you remove the filter and doesn't work with the filter? Then bad filter.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Roto
Tri-State Addict

Member #6454

My Ride:

no, it's not the filter. I think it's the pump actually.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #4
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Ok let me see if I am reading this right. It goes gas tank, hose, filter, hose, pump. Unhook the line before the filter and fuel pours out, hook it up and no fuel goes into the filter. If I have that right then it is the filter, or a blockage in the line when you put the filter back on. The pump doesn't pull fuel in normally it pushes it out.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Roto
Tri-State Addict

Member #6454

My Ride:

well I've hooked up the hose from the filter directly to pump with no avail. From what I read on the boards for these bikes is that that pump really isn't needed on the 500cc and they run fine gravity fed...that will eliminate that stupid vibrating pump directly under my ass and will be one less thing to fail.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
drkramm
Tri-State Addict

Member #7360

My Ride:
2011 evo x

its not too crazy to have a pump that will flow with no restriction on it .. if the motor has some windings shorted out it may not have enough power to pump it through the filter
Old 09-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Roto
Tri-State Addict

Member #6454

My Ride:

And magically it started working again... I hate when this happens.