TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Auto-X
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #21
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
Wow, look out, no need to flame me. I am sensitive lol. Aaron saw my piece of ****. I almost cried when I saw how nice his was.

Trust me, I wish I could turn my daily into an AutoX/Track king. Just hard to do with only $400 a week right now. Still searching for good work besides this **** job. This place is about to go under. So I do not have the money to invest into my car besides gas.

I seriously need to do the Timing belt, rotors, and pads. Also have a hung caliper. If it breaks locally, i can get it back to my friends shop and piece her back together. Its kinda hard to get my buddy and his trailer to go an hour or farther away.

I am already jealous of the time, parts, and other investments yall guys get to make towards the cars and the track. Dont need to smother it in my face butt monkey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"

Last edited by Charged SVTF; 08-01-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 PM   #22
redwrxwagon02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4044

Send a message via AIM to redwrxwagon02
timbo u lied auto x is on saturday not sunday
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #23
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

No I said to you last night that it was this Saturday. And the last one was on a Sunday, that most of them are on Sundays. I said this is the first Saturday event i believed for the SJR-SCCA at camden county college. Figured it was important to say Saturday since you couldnt come to the sunday events the past two times.

I would never lie to you hunny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Old 08-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #24
TTsupra911
Tri-State Addict

Member #2511

My Ride:
05 SRT-4

Send a message via AIM to TTsupra911
Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout View Post
Adrian, if you plan to come down to the 8/12 event, you need to be logged in to www.dlbracing.com a little before 8pm on Sunday August 5th with registration opening at 8pm. It will probably fill up by 8:20-8:30pm. If you can't get in initially, get on the wait list as you'll probably still get in as people drop out who are season subscribers. And Aaron, you should try and make it down for this one.

I'm just hoping I'm actually at my place in time to register then. Time to check and see if my phone will load up the page...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #25
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged SVTF View Post
Wow, look out, no need to flame me. I am sensitive lol. Aaron saw my piece of ****. I almost cried when I saw how nice his was.

Trust me, I wish I could turn my daily into an AutoX/Track king. Just hard to do with only $400 a week right now. Still searching for good work besides this **** job. This place is about to go under. So I do not have the money to invest into my car besides gas.

I seriously need to do the Timing belt, rotors, and pads. Also have a hung caliper. If it breaks locally, i can get it back to my friends shop and piece her back together. Its kinda hard to get my buddy and his trailer to go an hour or farther away.

I am already jealous of the time, parts, and other investments yall guys get to make towards the cars and the track. Dont need to smother it in my face butt monkey

You do know I was joking...right?

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #26
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

I quote myself. "Sensitive".

Yea but I have a sense of humor too and know your joking. But figured I would fill you in on my situation for AutoX. Otherwise you would wake up with a blue svt focus versus a yellow SE-R

Old 08-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
redwrxwagon02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4044

Send a message via AIM to redwrxwagon02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged SVTF View Post
No I said to you last night that it was this Saturday. And the last one was on a Sunday, that most of them are on Sundays. I said this is the first Saturday event i believed for the SJR-SCCA at camden county college. Figured it was important to say Saturday since you couldnt come to the sunday events the past two times.

I would never lie to you hunny.
aww thanks shnookums i misheard you then

ill definately bethere on saturday
Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #28
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

nice!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 PM   #29
psushoe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2057

My Ride:
2006 Evo IX MR

I'm planning to be at both SJR and Philly this weekend, but that's a tough sell with the wife. Philly will win out if it comes down to one. I'll look into the WDCR event. I want to... depends on what else is on the list and prior commitments. I may substitute it for the SJR event.

124 SM - Sponsored by:
psushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #30
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

I promise you you'll have A LOT more fun...trust me.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #31
TTsupra911
Tri-State Addict

Member #2511

My Ride:
05 SRT-4

I may not be making it down to Ripkin this weekend now. But there's no way I'm going to miss the DC event
Old 08-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #32
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Sweet, hope to see you there Adrian...and Aaron.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #33
Sleeper
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2307

My Ride:
92 AWD Laser, 03 TB Evo VIII

I've never autoxd before. Im thinking about checking out philly this weekend. My laser is pretty heavily modified for drag (built motor, cams, decent size turbo, KYB AGX/Ebiach combo, full cage etc etc), what class would I be in and would I have a frikin chance in hell at not coming in last in the class Id be in?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #34
TTsupra911
Tri-State Addict

Member #2511

My Ride:
05 SRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
I've never autoxd before. Im thinking about checking out philly this weekend. My laser is pretty heavily modified for drag (built motor, cams, decent size turbo, KYB AGX/Ebiach combo, full cage etc etc), what class would I be in and would I have a frikin chance in hell at not coming in last in the class Id be in?
The Laser would be in Street Mod (SM) however the nice thing about Philly region is that they run a separate class just for novices. You would then be competing against driver's with only a few event's under their belts or a first time driver like yourself. I recommend coming out and giving it a shot, you'll have a blast down at Ripken. Also why not bring the Evo out instead?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
NOPSTNS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3176

tru dat, id rather rock a stock evo on my first autox event then a full on drag car. if somethings set uop for drag god only knos whats its like in the twisties.....

im skippin the next few runs for phillyscca due to unforseen health circumstances. im DEF goin to ripken before the end of the autox season. lukcily for me they run ripken in october as well. so all i kno is i want to run boeing warminster and ripken once more b4 i switch to the "winter" tires i will rock till till the spring.

hope to see u nissan bitches soon!
NOPSTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #36
Sleeper
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2307

My Ride:
92 AWD Laser, 03 TB Evo VIII

Well, the Evo isnt stock, as a matter of fact it is wayyyy overpowered for an autox. 626whp and a turbo that builds boost at ~4500rpms isnt going to be very controllable in a tight course. Road racing, it would do awesome but Im not there yet.

The laser dynod last weekend at 400whp and has a much more capable turbo for midrange and low end torque. The full drag setup is actually sitting on the shelf so I think it would be a lot more fun in an autox.

As far as the twisties, it is pretty solid having a full 8pt in it. Body flex is minimal and the suspension is pretty tight. The KYB/AGX combo is what a lot of DSM'ers run when they cant afford a coil over setup. I dont think it would be too sloppy if I can get a decent set of tires for the event. My BFG drag radials definately wont cut it lol.

Im going to try to make it out to embaress myself if I can convince my GF to let me come out and play saturday and sunday since I want to go to the CF car show sunday.

One question though, what time do these autox's start/end? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #37
psushoe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2057

My Ride:
2006 Evo IX MR

Looks like I will be taking saturday off and doing some stuff around the house, but I will be at ripken on Sunday. I will also be making a trip to DC in a week

We may have to work out a caravan down for the DE/PA folks if I don't go down the night before.

124 SM - Sponsored by:
psushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 AM   #38
den9
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1198

My Ride:
turbo diesel

Send a message via AIM to den9
how many passes do u get, and how many seconds is it usually
den9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #39
jb1830
Tri-State Addict

Member #4646

My Ride:
'88 MR2 SC, '97 Corolla

Send a message via AIM to jb1830
Quote:
Originally Posted by den9 View Post
how many passes do u get, and how many seconds is it usually
It's different everytime...How long it takes depends on the track...I think usually in the mid 30sec range...I know some tracks are longer (Warminster). And the number of passes usually isn't less than 3...depends on the time and number of people. We ran 5 at Boeing last weekend.
jb1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #40
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

For Boeing around 30 seconds, for Ripken around 45 seconds, and for Warminster and D.C. around 60 seconds. Usually you can expect to get at least 4 runs, sometimes 5 and rarely 3. But I promise you for that 60 seconds or less...you're free. Trust me, it's the most fun you'll ever have going under 60mph.

Aaron, you should definitely come down the night before and spend the night before D.C. I'll talk to Karen later to see what she thinks about it.