TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > New Jersey
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

New Evo -Pics- w/ review of Route 46 Mitsubishi

Hi TST,

Figured this might help alot of you out there since eventually if your gonna buy a evo your gonna be looking for the best deal and from the best people.

Some back story. I'm 21 so most dealerships can be arrogant and not take the time of day with you to even offer to buy a car. (i was looking for a bmw e90 328xi you can imagine how many dealerships wouldnt even approach me at a dealership or take me seriously, so glad i got a evo instead aha) But little do they know I worked my ass off and be came a Murse/RN at my age. So customer service is a big deal for me, My theory is if they cant treat your right when they're selling you a car how much more if you have an issue with you car.

So Straight to the point, I did my shopping around to all the local NJ Mitsubishi dealerships to see which one had a good deal, sorted out the ones that already dont want to work with you, and the extremely over priced ones.

Route 46 in Totowa, NJ was the best priced, they spent the time explaining the details of the lease with me and worked to get me the best price that all the other dealerships could not even come close to. If you want to buy a mitsuibshi car, just go there and save your time.

But anyway enough about my experience, no one really reads things now adays, just go look at this picture I took of my new evo. And if you want one of these great cars go to route 46 mitsubishi. http://www.mitsubishi46.com/index.htm

Picture was taken by me www.CapturedByAA.com

Hope this review could be helpful for some people out there.
-Anthony
lta362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Glad you had a good experience, especially with all the "bad guy" dealerships that we hear about everyday. I suffer from the 25-but-look-18 syndrome and I've found that people in those positions (high level sales, car dealers, etc) all take you as seriously as you take yourself, but agree that if they treat you good from the get-go, you're more likely to want to do business with them.

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #3
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Glad you had a good experience, especially with all the "bad guy" dealerships that we hear about everyday. I suffer from the 25-but-look-18 syndrome and I've found that people in those positions (high level sales, car dealers, etc) all take you as seriously as you take yourself, but agree that if they treat you good from the get-go, you're more likely to want to do business with them.

Thanks for the input!
Yeah I know all about that syndrome. The half asian look gives me the 21 looks 16 look aha. But yeah its true if your gonna spend the money you better spend it somewhere people are gonna take care of you at. That dealer was almost 2hrs from my house, all the local dealers by Toms River, NJ didnt have any stock, and plus they were unwilling to work for a good deal for me. Sometimes you gotta go outta your way a little bit to get what you want.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
haha I fall into the 36 but look 20 area. I enjoyed my recent dealer experience as well, guy was very accommodating. Granted I went to the dealership right after work so I looked my professional self, after work and weekends I'm much more casual with my attire. In contrast, another dealer I was trying to do business with flat out told me he couldn't move at all on the price of the car. Told me not to let my desire to negotiate pass up a good deal. I responded with saying, My desire is to get a good deal, if I thought this was a good deal as is I wouldn't have asked to for a better price, Sir, you just lost a $20,000 or greater sale over about $700. My wife recently got a car from a different dealer and I was not impressed at all by the staff. They sales man did not seem interested in the sale, he expressed that he was tired and showed no energy or enthusiasm and couldn't answer our questions, the sales manager came in and took over the sale by lecturing us. The only reason we proceeded was cause the car had everything my wife wanted, and it wasn't a bad deal after they worked with us, but the experience, her first with a dealer, was pretty poor.

Nice Evo, did you only take one picture?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #5
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm View Post
haha I fall into the 36 but look 20 area. I enjoyed my recent dealer experience as well, guy was very accommodating. Granted I went to the dealership right after work so I looked my professional self, after work and weekends I'm much more casual with my attire. In contrast, another dealer I was trying to do business with flat out told me he couldn't move at all on the price of the car. Told me not to let my desire to negotiate pass up a good deal. I responded with saying, My desire is to get a good deal, if I thought this was a good deal as is I wouldn't have asked to for a better price, Sir, you just lost a $20,000 or greater sale over about $700. My wife recently got a car from a different dealer and I was not impressed at all by the staff. They sales man did not seem interested in the sale, he expressed that he was tired and showed no energy or enthusiasm and couldn't answer our questions, the sales manager came in and took over the sale by lecturing us. The only reason we proceeded was cause the car had everything my wife wanted, and it wasn't a bad deal after they worked with us, but the experience, her first with a dealer, was pretty poor.

Nice Evo, did you only take one picture?
Yeah unfortunately sometimes if they have the car you want you just gotta get it where ever especially if its a hard find. But yeah some dealerships can be rude, and it does make a big difference in the sale, i've walked out of many dealerships before buying this car lol.

Here's a few more pics. I just did a quick couple of shots with my girlfriend/co-photographers is250. Were gonna end up doing a few more with that new lighting concept we did in the first picture i posted.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:08 PM   #6
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
I love that blue!
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #7
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
I love that blue!
Thanks! The blue was a great choice for me, I was in between this and the silver but i already have a silver car for a daily, so it was a no brainer.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

I've actually never had a bad experience with a dealer, I thought I would def have one when looking at a $43k car when I'm 23 lol. But they had no problem with me test driving a 505hp Z06 without a single question. Congrats on the Evo, hope you enjoy it.

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
melevolentX
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #26363

My Ride:
2014 Evo

I am definitely in love with that blue. Hadn't seen it in person until last week when I pulled up next to one at a light.
Glad you had a good dealer experience. I never enjoy working with dealers in general even though they were nice enough when I bought my evo. Good luck with the car, enjoy it!
melevolentX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #10
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
I've actually never had a bad experience with a dealer, I thought I would def have one when looking at a $43k car when I'm 23 lol. But they had no problem with me test driving a 505hp Z06 without a single question. Congrats on the Evo, hope you enjoy it.
Thanks appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melevolentX View Post
I am definitely in love with that blue. Hadn't seen it in person until last week when I pulled up next to one at a light.
Glad you had a good dealer experience. I never enjoy working with dealers in general even though they were nice enough when I bought my evo. Good luck with the car, enjoy it!
Yeah this blue is great. It'll be even better when we get some better weather out there, but alteast I got to see how the evo's s-awd holds up in the snow... I was pretty impressed then again i'm used to driving my lowered fwd car. aha.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #11
melevolentX

Member #26363

My Ride:
2014 Evo

It was fun the first couple of snows. Now my tires are getting pretty bald and I'm just over it- I'd rather be enjoying my awd nj nice spring conditions at this point
melevolentX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
RallyKen

Member #6226

My Ride:
Mitsubishi Evo X

Welcome to the evo x platform! Love the blue.
RallyKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #13
Got Insulin?
Hard Snarker
Super Moderator

Member #7591

My Ride:
01 Audi TT 225, GVR-4 #72/1000, 91 TSi AWD

Send a message via AIM to Got Insulin?
Ugh, dem Advans.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
lta362
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19458

My Ride:
95 Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by melevolentX View Post
It was fun the first couple of snows. Now my tires are getting pretty bald and I'm just over it- I'd rather be enjoying my awd nj nice spring conditions at this point
Yup I can relate to that with my integra, tires make a world of a difference. This weather is crazy though, well still have snow in may by time were done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKen View Post
Welcome to the evo x platform! Love the blue.
Thanks! The evo x is a big jump from the integra. But yeah the blue was a great choice for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Insulin? View Post
Ugh, dem Advans.
I know, they're such unique rims I love them. Whats funny that i get alot with the wheel covers is people ask if i have those fancy racing wheels with one lug nut like nascar or something. its kinda funny.