TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #21
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

I have a serious question why not market a petition to show the attitude of the American public towards this action? I know the car communities that I am familiar with all have very high regard for many skyline owners due to their good nature I guess you can say. I have found most skyline owners to be good people who try to further the car community in the right paths, almost like an older brother. To take away an icon when everything that it can be replaced with is more dangerous and carries a less respectful image is counterproductive to the automotive world. In the democratic society the people's word must stand for something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #22
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

There is something thats in the works that we are bringing to the table... if its accepted by homeland then it will be awesome..
thats being kept under the table from the public as of now.. only select few know.

only time will tell..
mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 AM   #23
laser92dsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #14720

My Ride:
gets me from point A to point B

Send a message via AIM to laser92dsm
Honestly this country should look to Australia, for help on this matter, they have import fees and inspections that the car has to pass but it is possible to import a jdm car down there.
laser92dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #24
DB Dude
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19709

"Help, I was playing with fire and I got burned! Call the ACLU!" lol. Seriously, yes, it majorly sucks..... but did he not understand the risks of owning a Skyline when u imported one? Believe me, i think it sucks just as much as everyone else, but this is nothing new, SKylines have always been illegal here, with a few exceptions of course. I don't think anyone, including "Vandrel" REALLY knows all of the rules and regulations concerning them, obviously. So when they show up to seize your car, really what can u complain about?

Its really pretty simple in the eyes of the Gov: You can't own or drive a car that hasn't been NHTSA crash-tested and emissions compliant. 90's Skylines were neither.
DB Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #25
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB Dude View Post
"Help, I was playing with fire and I got burned! Call the ACLU!" lol. Seriously, yes, it majorly sucks..... but did he not understand the risks of owning a Skyline when u imported one? Believe me, i think it sucks just as much as everyone else, but this is nothing new, SKylines have always been illegal here, with a few exceptions of course. I don't think anyone, including "Vandrel" REALLY knows all of the rules and regulations concerning them, obviously. So when they show up to seize your car, really what can u complain about?

Its really pretty simple in the eyes of the Gov: You can't own or drive a car that hasn't been NHTSA crash-tested and emissions compliant. 90's Skylines were neither.
2 things one his was legal and two the r33's where crash tested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Nothing left to do if they decide they want to bust out the hammer and take your ish than strip it entirely and say... "That's it. Take it."

There's a lot of grey area, and technically that car isn't a GTS... so technically, they can take it. Now, don't get me wrong - I want the guy to take it to court.

Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

This is just a useless repost of unusable information...respect the new thread button.

Love ya Chuck =)

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #28
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
edit : lawl

TST's Dub Cult

Last edited by Elliott18t; 03-03-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #29
ambitiousCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14943

My Ride:
2018 Pacifica Limited, 1995 F150, 2015 Hyundai Accent Sport, 06 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott18t View Post
how is this useless? Id rather talk to someone who actually knows whats going on than someone who just copied and pasted. Proper use, and thank you!

That made me pretty upset i must say.
You should look at my post alittle closer

*CK*
ambitiousCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #30
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

White on this background lead to a fail post

successful troll is a success
jrkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #31
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Can we just let this repost die please and stop bumping it to the top?
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #32
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
You should look at my post alittle closer
ahhhh see what you did there ;)

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #33
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
so in a sense, could this be done to other cars that have been imported into the us, like jdm type r integras and civic type r's for example? or those cars are on the list of leagally imported cars cuz they have been crash tested, bond released, and have been certifeid be the epa and any other test, paper work that the gov requires?
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #34
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
2 things one his was legal and two the r33's where crash tested.
Wrong............. His car was not legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitiousCK View Post
This is just a useless repost of unusable information...respect the new thread button.

Love ya Chuck =)
lmao.. i not doin ur headliner anymore!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
Can we just let this repost die please and stop bumping it to the top?
Again... i see all this wrong information being put out... even your "original thread"
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #35
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Yes, unless they go through the motions as well. But it is easier for those cars.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #36
mitsuboost30
Tri-State Addict

Member #8197

My Ride:
look at the picture.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpecV03 View Post
so in a sense, could this be done to other cars that have been imported into the us, like jdm type r integras and civic type r's for example? or those cars are on the list of leagally imported cars cuz they have been crash tested, bond released, and have been certifeid be the epa and any other test, paper work that the gov requires?
absolutely.. If the car isnt imported properly then it is illegal. period...
do they hunt them down? No..
The thing with say a civic type r. It is the same as its counterpart. same reinforcements. yada yada. so no need to crash test it. thats one of the main obsticals with the skyline
and for the fact that it was tried properly then lied about. we all know the companies name.. it put a big bullseye on the skyline.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #37
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
As long as I can fly to and from Chicago with a large knife in my carry on (forgot i had it in there till I was digging through my bag on the return flight), then homeland security has NO BUSINESS spending their resources on dealing with skylines. This is retarded, and I am infuriated over this ****
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #38
JSpecV03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6345

My Ride:
2006 Acura TSX,1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0, and cammed out Spec V with a blown motor.

Send a message via AIM to JSpecV03
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuboost30 View Post
absolutely.. If the car isnt imported properly then it is illegal. period...
do they hunt them down? No..
The thing with say a civic type r. It is the same as its counterpart. same reinforcements. yada yada. so no need to crash test it. thats one of the main obsticals with the skyline
and for the fact that it was tried properly then lied about. we all know the companies name.. it put a big bullseye on the skyline.
yeah i understand what your saying. i found a nice article on nico club about importing these and all the red tape bs. but yeah the civics as mentioned above have identicle us counterparts so yeah that makes sense. I just dont know why the "said" company did that and then lied about it? probably some way to pocket mass amounts of money. thanks for clearing this up for me though, i understand better whats happening with this now and its completley wrong.

the aricle im reading if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/the...-states-1.html

and the NHTSA report on modifications to make a skyline leagal in the us expect EPA OB0 emissions requirements:
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles/NHTSA-update.pdf
Every Nasty Vehical Illustrates Our Useless Spending

Last edited by JSpecV03; 03-03-2011 at 04:36 PM.
JSpecV03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #39
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
They have no right to actually seize the cars. Theyre claiming the issue is they dont want them on the road.....ok so what if someone has an R34 track car that never sees the street?.

The proper constitutional way to deal with this is a mandatory revoking of all R32 and R34 registrations and warning insurance comapnies not to insure them for street use. Then if someone is caught 3 times driving their unregistered skyline on the road, then they could have the legal right to seize the car because the person has shown willful disregard for the law. But they are treating this like a huge deal, and its really quite inconsequential to anyone if they have these cars as theres only a few hundred in the country anyway. Its not worth their effort at all. And the manner in which they are handling this situation currently IS STEALING by definition, and I hope these people give them hell in court for this.
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
jrkal
Tri-State Addict

Member #18134

My Ride:
'90 CRX Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubz View Post
They have no right to actually seize the cars. Theyre claiming the issue is they dont want them on the road.....ok so what if someone has an R34 track car that never sees the street?.

The proper constitutional way to deal with this is a mandatory revoking of all R32 and R34 registrations and warning insurance comapnies not to insure them for street use. Then if someone is caught 3 times driving their unregistered skyline on the road, then they could have the legal right to seize the car because the person has shown willful disregard for the law. But they are treating this like a huge deal, and its really quite inconsequential to anyone if they have these cars as theres only a few hundred in the country anyway. Its not worth their effort at all. And the manner in which they are handling this situation currently IS STEALING by definition, and I hope these people give them hell in court for this.
Excellent post, would read again
jrkal is offline   Reply With Quote